Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:20:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [EU/UK GROUP BUY] Blue Fury USB miner 2.2 - 2.7 GH/s  (Read 64555 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:06:54 AM

Beastlymac, I'm not trying to break your balls here, but it feels like you could have given us more information as it happened. That is the first mention of fabrication problems. Until now it has all been reassurance that everything was in hand. It does seam that this GB has been stuffed as others have got much larger shipments than the 50 coming here. I do feel let down.

I have been told The rest of the groupbuy units will ship Monday and are expected to arrive around Wednesday. So hopefully you guys will recieve the units by the end of the week. Again I am sorry but it isn't something I have control over.

Message me if you have any problems

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:14:57 AM

Relax guys, they'll get here when they get here - ranting don't help nobody.

Welcome to the world of pre-order  Wink

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
stevenf

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:04:55 AM

Also initial shipping was planned for mid October, so it's actually 'just' 2 weeks late. This is a lot better then any other mining hardware supplier out there! Also you are receiving compensation. Just look at BFL...

Of course it's a shame they didn't come right on time, but these were a pre-order and still needed to be made, it's like with any other project delays can happen and especially if there are factors not in your hand. This is the risk of buying pre-orders and anyone with a bit of a brain should be able to understand this.

Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:44:18 AM

+1

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 10:02:45 AM

I suppose it's a bit premature - but I wonder what the price of these will be for the next group buy (Beastly?)...

[EDIT] assuming OC will go again Smiley
I can say that it currently looks considerably cheaper then any fury devices that are on the market now so I would hold onto your btc and wait for a great deal!

I guess no indication of timeline for this? 2014?Smiley

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Zammo

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 10:16:10 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 07:37:56 PM by Zammo

Dude, are you high or something? Do you realise each day that passes and the Blues haven't shipped, it literally costs you money?

How many people do you think would order something... anything, if the given delivery date was "will get there when it gets there"? What a ridiculous thing to say.

Sure, this is not as bad as BFL... but I really don't think BFL's conduct is a benchmark for other companies to try to achieve better.
Beastlymac

Activity: 630

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 10:18:48 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2013, 10:37:14 AM by Beastlymac

I suppose it's a bit premature - but I wonder what the price of these will be for the next group buy (Beastly?)...

I can say that it currently looks considerably cheaper then any fury devices that are on the market now so I would hold onto your btc and wait for a great deal!

Should have more information in a week we are organising fabricating prototype units for developers this week.

@zammo
The shipping order is based on when people pay not the amount they order.

-snip-
I was told by the fabricator the could produce 400 a day clearly they can't. Short from me buying them new machines I can't do anything about that. So it may have been a lie but it wasn't intentional. Those are the dates I was told and I passed them on. We have shipped 70% off the batch to customers and we expect the rest will all be shipped early next week. I am sorry if you feel I have played you on but I have tried to be open with the information I have been given instead off not commenting on it for 3 weeks.

Message me if you have any problems
IYFTech

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 10:33:25 AM

Relax guys, they'll get here when they get here

Dude, are you high or something?

Not yet..... Wink

"Do you realise each day that passes and the Blues haven't shipped, it literally costs you money?"

Yup - so the pre-order gamble didn't pay off - deal with it. If you're looking for a sure thing, buying stuff that isn't made yet is not the wisest choice  Wink

Like I said my man - welcome to the world of pre-order.

Now, it's Sunday high time....... Cool

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 10:44:06 AM

Should have more information in a week we are organising fabricating prototype units for developers this week.

tickle me interested, will you be starting a new thread/usual group buy suspects etc?
thanks

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 10:52:00 AM

tickle me interested, will you be starting a new thread/usual group buy suspects etc?
thanks

I may be wrong on this, but I expect it will be announced some time after the last Batch1 customers have their devices in hand and hashing.
For a business plan to advertise the Mk2 model, at a higher spec. and lower price, while customers are still ranting about late/non delivery of the Mk1, would be Business Suicide.

Edit:-  If it was not the Mk2 model, at a higher spec. and lower price, then it would be a Batch2 deal.

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:09:23 AM

Not yet..... Wink

"Do you realise each day that passes and the Blues haven't shipped, it literally costs you money?"

Yup - so the pre-order gamble didn't pay off - deal with it. If you're looking for a sure thing, buying stuff that isn't made yet is not the wisest choice  Wink

All these things are a gamble. 

I don't know about all you guys, but I wasn't waiting on these things to arrive in the post, so they could mine enough BTC to buy my dinner.  I ordered a Jalapeno back in June, expecting it to arrive in August.  As it stands today, I think I'll be lucky to see it January 2014.  It'll never, ever ROI, unless BTC goes up in price big style.  Am I crying?  Am I suing BFL?  No.  I'm waiting.  Hell, I've spent more out on the lash in the past...

I think if you're relying on a few USB miners to ROI (which they never were going to anyway), I honestly think you're in the wrong business (or hobby).  I hear selling Big Issue is a big profit maker...
IYFTech

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:13:14 AM

Not yet..... Wink

All these things are a gamble. 

I don't know about all you guys, but I wasn't waiting on these things to arrive in the post, so they could mine enough BTC to buy my dinner.  I ordered a Jalapeno back in June, expecting it to arrive in August.  As it stands today, I think I'll be lucky to see it January 2014.  It'll never, ever ROI, unless BTC goes up in price big style.  Am I crying?  Am I suing BFL?  No.  I'm waiting.  Hell, I've spent more out on the lash in the past...

I think if you're relying on a few USB miners to ROI (which they never were going to anyway), I honestly think you're in the wrong business (or hobby).  I hear selling Big Issue is a big profit maker...

+1

Zammo

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:15:18 AM

Hashing is not the only way to get a ROI for your mining equipment. In fact, it is probably the worst way.

In some cases, smashing it with a hammer is only slightly less profitable.
IYFTech

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:22:09 AM

Hashing is not the only way to get a ROI for your mining equipment. In fact, it is probably the worst way.

To save undue stress on your hammer - I'll give you BTC0.3 per usb....

All your ROI/profit are belong to me...... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Mudbankkeith

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:38:06 AM

My dream, is to throw an expensive computer from the top of a tower block, onto a concrete slab. Angry Angry Angry Grin Grin Grin

HellDiverUK

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:18:56 PM

To be honest, I'm only running my mining hardware until March/April - it's now all sitting in the corner of the living room, keeping the downstairs a little warmer over winter.   Once the cold weather is gone, all this crap is going...
HellDiverUK

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:22:03 PM

My dream, is to throw an expensive computer from the top of a tower block, onto a concrete slab. Angry Angry Angry Grin Grin Grin

It gets old, quick.  I destroy computer equipment every other week at work - it can't be sold off or recycled, so it's smashed up and put in landfill. 

Last week I smashed up 10 Dell machines that had never been out of their boxes - 5 years old, but never powered on, and had to be disposed of.   

Dumped a server last month - dual Xeons, 32GB RAM, 16TB of drive space, working perfectly, but out of warranty so had to be decommissioned and scrapped. 

Got to love government rules...  Roll Eyes
Zammo

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:57:42 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 07:37:17 PM by Zammo

Who in their right mind would want to be a reseller for you? You are now saying it is Outcast's fault that our order is one of the last to be sent out because he sent you the payment too late? You are unbelievable.
Vertiayn

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:36:30 PM

Another point would be that people now already have theirs to sell or to hash with and also got compensation, yet ours still haven't arrived and we're still expected to have the same amount of compensation. That seems very wrong to me.
sixtysix

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:06:19 PM

Another point would be that people now already have theirs to sell or to hash with and also got compensation, yet ours still haven't arrived and we're still expected to have the same amount of compensation. That seems very wrong to me.

Have to agree with the above; if the shipments were to be staggered due to a lower fabrication capacity than expected then all group buys should've been fulfilled proportionately, rather than leaving the UK GB to last with minimal fulfilment (and leaving it to first come first serve at the reseller level).

And if this wasn't the case due to logistical issues (customs, etc.) then the compensation should've been weighted more towards those receiving their units last and less towards those that receive first.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: