Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:15:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771074 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EduardoDeCastro

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:44:59 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 03:22:17 AM by EduardoDeCastro

[...prelude to insanity...]
...pause...

Ken, if the Slaughters do a good barbecue then I'll bring my own haggis on the plane.  Can't wait for that day!

^^!!!FULL-BLOWN INSANITY!!!^^

...listen...

My boy, my boy...  The Slaughter barbecue...  It's PEOPLE!!!1!
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mainline

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:25:15 AM

This ain't nothing guise, you'll be fine...
Jasun7211

Activity: 517
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:28:46 AM

Thanks Ken.  The bitcoin community believes in you.  There's a lot more people than you may think watching this company.  Don't fight the FUD!!!  By the way a speaker at the conference said this is going to be a very competitive part of Bitcoin so much so that he didn't even get involved anymore after cpu mining was overwith.  I think it was a great decision to scrap the old and start with the new.    Are the chips that we get the first batch made?

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
breadcrumbs

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:44:40 AM

1) To the CEO of Active Mining.

2) The report for today was more substantive.

3) Thank you.

4) You said that you will be verifying shares for renewed trading starting tomorrow.

5) Again, thank you

6) We are looking forward to Q2

7) It is good you have hired a real project manager

Cool ZumZero, don't pout, you will be rich, also.

oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:44:51 AM

...I'll bring my own haggis on the plane...

This is tantamount to International Terrorism.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 03:58:04 AM

Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:03:39 AM

OUR FREEDOM!

We're bought and sold for Wall Street Fiat-
Such a parcel of rogues in a nation!
finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:20:43 AM

Ken - thanks for a much more informative update and clarification on a few key misunderstandings.  a couple of questions:

1. you said that you expect 1 - 2 PH in 2nd Qtr.  is that for ActiveMining's exclusive use for the farm or total chip production including hardware sales?

2. Good news that the boards will be compatible with both 55nm and 28nm.  what is the timeline for the plan for publishing the PCB design in order to allow for others to buy chips in bulk and be able to utilize that?
mainline

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:21:12 AM

Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Lol, you got pwnt by an elderly alcoholic from Missouri.  Pretty prosaic shit if you ask me.  A bit embarrassing, but that's about it.  You'll live.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:22:13 AM

Ken - thanks for a much more informative update and clarification on a few key misunderstandings.  a couple of questions:

1. you said that you expect 1 - 2 PH in 2nd Qtr.  is that for ActiveMining's exclusive use for the farm or total chip production including hardware sales?

2. Good news that the boards will be compatible with both 55nm and 28nm.  what is the timeline for the plan for publishing the PCB design in order to allow for others to buy chips in bulk and be able to utilize that?

+1. Thank you Fin, I completely forgot to ask about #1.
mainline

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:27:50 AM

Folks here are so slick, it's almost unsporting pokin' them.

1) To the CEO of Active Mining.

2) The report for today was more substantive.

3) Thank you.

4) You said that you will be verifying shares for renewed trading starting tomorrow.

5) Again, thank you

6) We are looking forward to Q2

7) It is good you have hired a real project manager

Cool ZumZero, don't pout, you will be rich, also.

[2x:04] <LorenzoMoney> kens announcement is very good
[2x:04] <LorenzoMoney> zumzero makes me laugh
[2x:04] <LorenzoMoney> a working exchange and verifying shares is very good
[2x:04] <LorenzoMoney> Ken will make me rich
wasubii

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:31:56 AM

Seeing as these questions were overlooked in Kens update, I'm going to leave this here for everyones information. Hopefully other people will want to know the answers and will apply some pressure. FWIW I didn't think much of this weeks update but I'm glad you guys did. I'm giving up again and going to hide out under a stone somewhere.

Hi Ken,

I would appreciate it if you could address these questions in your next update. Thanks

1) What is the estimated $ per GH costs for the full deployment of the 55nm chips. This includes (but not limited to) chip cost, board cost, controller cost, set up costs, coding costs, rent, power, staffing, security etc.

2) What were the fixed costs for the 55nm chip. This includes (but not limited to) IP costs from the two new engineers (monetary or otherwise), NRE costs for the tapeout, fixed design costs for boards (if not amortised into the per unit deployment cost in Q1).

3) What are the limits (if any) to the space/power available in our chosen data centre.

Regards,
wasubii

These questions if answered would help the competition, don't you think?

Hi Ken,

I am afraid i have to respectfully disagree. What could the competition do given that information?

The fact is, that everyone who is mining is doing everything they can to get as much hash online as possible - information from us as to what we are doing will not help or hinder them in that respect.

Or perhaps i am missing something?

How do you think they could use that information for their benefit or our detriment?

Regards,
wasubii

I think any information about what are cost are would not be good to release.  I don't know how they would use the information; however, if they don't have it, then I don't have to worry about how they would use it.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply

I would argue that the answers to those questions above should be known to shareholders, both current and future. The future performance of the company hinges on this information and it doesn't fall under any type of NDA as far as i can tell.

If a competitor was thinking about copying what we were doing they could easy go out and get quotations for a 55nm mask, controller boards, mounting costs, hosting costs etc. I don't see how revealing these figures could possibly damage ActM, but conversely, i believe that releasing them would improve perceived transparency (something you are not known for) and boost investor confidence. You have already given the W per GH/s figures for the 55nm chips, you have also hinted at the level of our electricity costs (although as per usual you worded it very freely - much like your 'we have shipped products'). Why not release the rest of the information?

Your argument above is a weak one - this is a publicly traded company and shareholders expect to be given key information - i believe the answers to the questions above fall within the realm of information that should be released to the shareholders.

I for one am doubting that the 55nm chips are going to ROI after you take into account the IP costs, mask set and crucially, the deployment costs.

However, if the 55nm IP from the two new engineers is also the basis for the new fully custom 28nm chips, then the IP costs would figure into the ROI calculation for the 28nm chips as well - which gives a much better picture for the 55nm chips because the costs are spread out over both types of chips.

I understand that you prefer to not release any information at all - to date you have been incredibly secretive and in my opinion, that has damaged both your personal reputation and that of the company. In this new field of unlicensed, unregulated BTC securities there seems to be little shareholders can do to hold you to account - hence the endless jumping up and down and shouting on the thread.

I beg you to reconsider your stance on answering the above three questions - i really think it is in everyone best interests for you to be more open with us shareholders.

Regards
wasubii

Expect a good update tomorrow.
Vigil

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:47:17 AM

Even if all the 55nm do is act as proof we got something working and get some hashing power to generate some coin and are the proof of concept for the 28s would be a positive.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:47:45 AM

Bullshit.  You have thrown your greatest talents into the war machine for generations.  The Scott's are merely the warriors and subsequent cannon fodder.  We beat our drums like the Indians.  A small community of passionate people who live from the land, uphold clan belief and contest centralised rule of English Law. *regurgitates river salmon.

I thought this sock puppet was supposed to be from the UK?  Who are the Scotts?   (I will ignore the common american moronic addition of a possessive when there isn't one and ignore your constant use of american spellings (since you are likely such a rebel that you refuse the use of the queen's english in favor of the american version).   But please enlighten me on who are the Scotts?

mainline

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:48:19 AM

OUR FREEDOM!

We're bought and sold for Wall Street Fiat-
Such a parcel of rogues in a nation!

Bullshit.  You have thrown your greatest talents into the war machine for generations.  The Scott's are merely the warriors and subsequent cannon fodder.  We beat our drums like the Indians.  A small community of passionate people who live from the land, uphold clan belief and contest centralised rule of English Law. *regurgitates river salmon.*

...you got pwnt by an elderly alcoholic from Missouri.  Pretty prosaic shit if you ask me.  A bit embarrassing, but that's about it.  You'll live.
mainline

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:51:30 AM

Even if all the 55nm do is act as proof we got something working and get some hashing power to generate some coin and are the proof of concept for the 28s would be a positive.

This is no different than Ken buying hashrate from CEX.IO - pointless waste of money to fool you into thinking shit is happening.  If not an outright lie, the 55nm chip has nothing to do with Ken besides his money.  It is another guy's failed project - perhaps successful technically, but way too late to market to be profitable.  That's why Ken got to buy it.  Other companies aren't stupid, if there was money to be made on those chips, who in his right mind would sell?
Vigil

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:59:36 AM

This is no different than Ken buying hashrate from CEX.IO - pointless waste of money to fool you into thinking shit is happening.  If not an outright lie, the 55nm chip has nothing to do with Ken besides his money.  It is another guy's failed project - perhaps successful technically, but way too late to market to be profitable.  That's why Ken got to buy it.  Other companies aren't stupid, if there was money to be made on those chips, who in his right mind would sell?

Maybe he didn't have the capital to see it through?
mainline

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:02:45 AM

This is no different than Ken buying hashrate from CEX.IO - pointless waste of money to fool you into thinking shit is happening.  If not an outright lie, the 55nm chip has nothing to do with Ken besides his money.  It is another guy's failed project - perhaps successful technically, but way too late to market to be profitable.  That's why Ken got to buy it.  Other companies aren't stupid, if there was money to be made on those chips, who in his right mind would sell?

Please.  If they're taped out, then they have money to see it through.
If they're not taped out, then Ken's lying again (he never used the term tapout, simply that RTL code was done).
*And if ou backtrack through the thread, you'll realize that every time ken used ambiguous or imprecise wording, from "we shipped our first product" to "we'll start transferring stock within a week," it was intentional.
Vigil

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:04:37 AM

This is no different than Ken buying hashrate from CEX.IO - pointless waste of money to fool you into thinking shit is happening.  If not an outright lie, the 55nm chip has nothing to do with Ken besides his money.  It is another guy's failed project - perhaps successful technically, but way too late to market to be profitable.  That's why Ken got to buy it.  Other companies aren't stupid, if there was money to be made on those chips, who in his right mind would sell?

Please.  If they're taped out, then they have money to see it through.
If they're not taped out, then Ken's lying again (he never used the term tapout, simply that RTL code was done).
Think he said they already taped-out... last week he said it. Gregor said he had always planned on taping-out in mid January, which coincides with the announcement.
mainline

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:08:00 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 05:24:54 AM by mainline

*And if you backtrack through the thread, you'll realize that every time ken used ambiguous or imprecise wording, from "we shipped our first product" to "we'll start transferring stock within a week," it was intentional.

Don't try using commonsensical interpretations.  The wording is always left open for a reason.  You're not dealing with your GF or buddy - this is a guy who's been doing this shit for a while.
Pages: « 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: