Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:58:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771093 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EduardoDeCastro

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:54:01 PM

Nah, everything's right on schedule, just like Ken planned.  You'll be fine, everyone.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:10:13 PM

@Kleeck I said this before, This is a startup company. Startup companies don't realize profits in a year and they meet quite a few bumps a long the roads. Cut Ken a break every now and then; I've asked Ken for estimates and I'm glad he's given them out. This doesn't mean they are set in stone and they are subject to change. But they atleast let us see where his head is at and what path we are aiming for. Which is good.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:10:51 PM

... After the program verifies your shares, we will send a list of verified shareholders to CT, where they will create the account if not already created and add the verified number of shares to the account.

So you haven't even started the process yet?

Yes, I have been working on it for awhile; however, the trip to the west coast to get the 55nm chip, working with eASIC to change to a custom 28nm chip, getting us on the February run at UMC so that we could have chips in mid april has been my priority this month.   

Do you know what UPS stands for? They ship shit around the globe. Fast. I guess you just cant resist travelling with investors coin? First class perhaps?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:14:37 PM

kleeck you are right, lots of real world investments have paybacks over multiple years. For us to get the full IPO amount of 0.0025 back in divs even over 2 years would be an incredible real world investment return.

What I really meant was it's been a long time considering we haven't been trading for a long time. When you can't liquidate a few % of your holdings when the car breaks down or the rent is due it's not ideal. But your general point is correct - in the real world you make a 5, 10 or 15 year investment plan and you are not even guaranteed a good return - not with the global economy in it's current state.

JoTheKhan

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:17:49 PM

... After the program verifies your shares, we will send a list of verified shareholders to CT, where they will create the account if not already created and add the verified number of shares to the account.

Yes, I have been working on it for awhile; however, the trip to the west coast to get the 55nm chip, working with eASIC to change to a custom 28nm chip, getting us on the February run at UMC so that we could have chips in mid april has been my priority this month.   

Do you know what UPS stands for? They ship shit around the globe. Fast. I guess you just cant resist travelling with investors coin? First class perhaps?

What you bolded has to do with the meeting Ken had in January on the west coast when Bargraphics made his visit to Ken's place of business and Ken was MIA. Please stop just digging up old stuff to throw dirt at and see if it sticks.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:45:45 PM

What you bolded has to do with the meeting Ken had in January on the west coast when Bargraphics made his visit to Ken's place of business and Ken was MIA. Please stop just digging up old stuff to throw dirt at and see if it sticks.
I stand corrected. I thought it's a new trip. But guess what, as of today we have no chip in any size. 

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:01:29 PM

@Eskimo, we know it's taking an unreasonably long time for our shares to come back to us. We understand this and we don't need to beat this dead horse anymore. Yes we should inquire about it to Ken everyday that passes that we don't have our shares but there are reasonable explanations for why we don't have our shares yet.

One of the most important ones is making sure Ken's software/server/whatever is working correctly. When making software, writing the program itself is just a small part of a bigger project (Planning,Testing and Debugging will probably take just as much if not more time). This is also just one piece of the bigger company. They still seem to be working on intelihash which is definitely going to eat up some of his time, it seems he also has to coordinate with engineers halfway across the country and eAsic.

I am not trying to defend Ken in any way, this is a start up company though. Everything will not go smoothly, (Noting will probably go as smoothly as it is planned).
mainline

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:29:21 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 10:03:41 PM by mainline

One of the most important ones is making sure Ken's software/server/whatever is working correctly. When making software, writing the program itself is just a small part of a bigger project (Planning,Testing and Debugging will probably take just as much if not more time). ...

What software and what server are you talking about?

Ken's mad coding skilz, judging by his website, consist of taking other people's software and dumping it on his server without even bothering to configure it or change the template (that's why the pink receipt proudly offers free gift wrapping - i shit you not - when a customer buys a server room's worth of hardware).

But even Ken should be able to move shares to an exchange in less than three months.  Have faith!

Edit:  Free gift wrapping makes this all worthwhile Smiley

http://s29.postimg.org/xcxg1h4yf/Capture.jpg
JoTheKhan

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:44:59 PM

One of the most important ones is making sure Ken's software/server/whatever is working correctly. When making software, writing the program itself is just a small part of a bigger project (Planning,Testing and Debugging will probably take just as much if not more time). ...

Ken's mad coding skilz, judging by his website, consist of taking other people's software and dumping it on his server without even bothering to configure it or change the template (that's why the pink receipt proudly offers free gift wrapping - i shit you not - when a customer buys a server room's worth of hardware).

But even Ken should be able to move shares to an exchange in less than three months.  Have faith!

First. I doubt Ken has been working on this for 3 Months. I expect that he started it in Dec. Saw that everyone wanted Colored Coins and dropped the project. Started it again in Jan and had to get the ball moving on other aspects of the company and paused the project again. Got the ball moving and is now finally working on the project. Don't make it seem like he was sitting at his desk for 3 Months looking at the project and being too incompetent to work on it.

BTW, you can be good in programming languages that deal with databases and more backend aspects and not be good with HTML/CSS which are used to make the design of a website so continued shots at his subpar website really isn't helping you.

The software I am referring to is to w/e means Ken is putting in place for us to reclaim our shares, the server I am referring to is w/e machine he is using to run said software for us to reclaim our shares. It doesn't need to be some huge server, he could probably run it off a laptop w/ Django & Python or w/e.
mainline

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:19:10 PM

First. I doubt Ken has been working on this for 3 Months. I expect that he started it in Dec. Saw that everyone wanted Colored Coins and dropped the project. Started it again in Jan and had to get the ball moving on other aspects of the company and paused the project again. Got the ball moving and is now finally working on the project. Don't make it seem like he was sitting at his desk for 3 Months looking at the project and being too incompetent to work on it.

BTW, you can be good in programming languages that deal with databases and more backend aspects and not be good with HTML/CSS which are used to make the design of a website so continued shots at his subpar website really isn't helping you.

The software I am referring to is to w/e means Ken is putting in place for us to reclaim our shares, the server I am referring to is w/e machine he is using to run said software for us to reclaim our shares. It doesn't need to be some huge server, he could probably run it off a laptop w/ Django & Python or w/e.

Poking fun at a sub-par website would be childish if the website wasn't as astoundingly and laughably sub-par.
I mean, people had to rage at him to take this graphic down:

http://s17.postimg.org/aep3j79an/Capture.jpg

As far as software to move shares to an exchange?  FFS, email the file to CT, how frickin' hard is that?  What am i missing?
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:27:04 PM

here we go again.

Now that we have a firm date for the first small wafer batch and the subsequent larger wafer batch, has anybody done any calculations about how many PH or percentage of a PH we will get from the 55nm chips?

Also, do we know if these 55nm's are solely for company farming or will they also be sold to retail?
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:29:26 PM

It's irrelevant, where ActM shares trade or not. This adds 0 value to the Actm balance sheet (still have not see one, btw)
What adds value to a Co is it's fkn product, team and management who knows wtf they are doing. None of those listed, can be said about this particular cluster fuck of ours.

I recall when he wasted time "programming Actm's own exchange", now he is programming a fkn "send me your e-mail address" page.
I am not going to comment on that web shop of ours.. yes ours.  None of this shit helps to complete the main task - working chip and miners.

Ken, Instead of writing useless web apps, write me (us) a fkn 3 month plan, how are you going to accomplish what matters. With deadlines, cost and time calculations and so on. If you have no idea how to write this stuff, let me know and I can do it for you.

Enough of this circle jerking, meaningless side projects and useless weekly "reports" with 0 actual value.

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:33:59 PM

Enough of this circle jerking, meaningless side projects and useless weekly "reports" with 0 actual value.

Eskimo - a 3 month plan adds zero value to the balance sheet too. Plans are speculative, wafer orders are not.

Ken just got us slotted into UMC's February run (at what sounds very short notice) and will be getting wafers in April. So how is a report plan going to change that? I've put up projections and they were shot down. Ken could do the same, they will equally be shot down. So it's not worth the effort - is it??
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:37:57 PM

Eskimo - a 3 month plan adds zero value to the balance sheet too. Plans are speculative, wafer orders are not.

Ken just got us slotted into UMC's February run (at what sounds very short notice) and will be getting wafers in April. So how is a report going to change that? I've put up projections and they were shot down. Ken could do the same, they will equallt be shot down. So it's not worth the effort - is it??

Can you read? Let me write it again. "What adds value to a Co is it's fkn product, team and management who knows wtf they are doing. None of those listed, can be said about this particular cluster fuck of ours. "
Blink faster or stop for a moment. You miss too much.

If you have no plan, you do not know, are you on schedule or not. I know, this is really hard to comprehend. Give it a try.

JoTheKhan

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:40:39 PM

I almost forgot... fuck you, JoTheKhan and your useless apologies. Fuck your "I think Ken is..." drivel.
We have 300+ pages of this useless carp. When one apologist gets tired, next one pops up and takes over. F'n mind readers.

I'm not a Ken apologist though. I've stated that I think 3 Months for share access is completely unheard of. It's retarded, I've stated that I hate the website. I've stated that I do not think we should sell chips. I stated that Ken needs to be more communicative and he needs to audit the company and he needs to hire an actual PR person and he needs to stop coming on here when hes drunk going into useless banter with some of the shareholders.

Just because I don't throw around curse words, insult Ken and scream failure everytime I hear something I don't want to doesn't make me an apologist. It makes me a mature realist who isn't expecting this company to strike it rich. Just because I'm a levelheaded person who stepped into this investment with the right risk/reward assessment and because I haven't been crying my self to sleep every night; because I didn't invest more than I could afford to lose doesn't mean I am some apologist. It means I'm the one of the only people here who used some god damn common sense.

You were probably one of the idiots sceaming "It's the new AsicMiner" and now your bent out of shape because it's not. Boo Hoo. Go cry somewhere else. Leave your emotions at the door and next time you won't be burned as bad.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:43:54 PM

I almost forgot... fuck you, JoTheKhan and your useless apologies. Fuck your "I think Ken is..." drivel.
We have 300+ pages of this useless carp. When one apologist gets tired, next one pops up and takes over. F'n mind readers.

I'm not a Ken apologist though. I've stated that I think 3 Months for share access is completely unheard of. It's retarded, I've stated that I hate the website. I've stated that I do not think we should sell chips. I stated that Ken needs to be more communicative and he needs to audit the company and he needs to hire an actual PR person and he needs to stop coming on here when hes drunk going into useless banter with some of the shareholders.

Just because I don't throw around curse words, insult Ken and scream failure everytime I hear something I don't want to doesn't make me an apologist. It makes me a mature realist who isn't expecting this company to strike it rich. Just because I'm a levelheaded person who stepped into this investment with the right risk/reward assessment and because I haven't been crying my self to sleep every night; because I didn't invest more than I could afford to lose doesn't mean I am some apologist. It means I'm the one of the only people here who used some god damn common sense.

You were probably one of the idiots sceaming "It's the new AsicMiner" and now your bent out of shape because it's not. Boo Hoo. Go cry somewhere else. Leave your emotions at the door and next time you won't be burned as bad.

for a level headed dipshit you sure do assume a lot. Now, go back to bed and start crying. LOL.
fkn endless amateur hour.

hak8or

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:45:04 PM

Poking fun at a sub-par website would be childish if the website wasn't as astoundingly and laughably sub-par.
I mean, people had to rage at him to take this graphic down:

As far as software to move shares to an exchange?  FFS, email the file to CT, how frickin' hard is that?  What am i missing?

Oh man, when was this? Anyone have more info?

The incompetency ActiveMining is just staggering when compared to its competitor AsicMiner, and utterly laughable when compared to full blown companies on the fiat denominated markets. I rarely get suprised by some utterly insane thing ActiveMining does lately, like the gift wrap option is just ... well what can I say? Is he too cheap to hire some actual professionals, has too much of an ego and thinks he can do it all himself, or is something else going on?

Edit: And as always, why does this thread constantly devolve into garbage?
JoTheKhan

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:57:00 PM

Assume what? I haven't assumed anything.

Ken has stated that he was still working on Intelihash if I remember correctly. Ken has stated that there is some sort of software to do the share liquidation. He has stated that he hired some engineering team from (Silicon Valley)? Or somewhere on the West coast that he has to coordinate with. He met with eAsic in January and is still working with them.

The only other thing I've stated towards you is the process of making working software. Which does entail planning the actual software (including what data structure you use, what APIs you will be using, the actual steps the software will take, the end result, what checks you need to make sure yo complete), The actual coding of the software (which is not the biggest or the hardest part of creating useable software; especially when you do the planning correctly), the Debugging, which can take quite a while, and the testing of said software. This needs to be done with patience and care because people's money is at stake.

But of course I'm assuming Ken would be following some very general steps to create workable software; my bad Eskimo.

The only other thing I've said is that this is a startup company. And let me tell you something, Start up companies fail a lot. This is no different, it's going to see bumbs on the road. You can scream at Ken all you want, it isn't going to give him superpowers.
mainline

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:04:27 PM

Your "bad" is assuming that Ken needs to write *any software at all* to transfer the shares to an existing exchange.  Ken's not building an exchange, he simply needs to hand the data over to CT.  Come on.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:05:43 PM

Your "bad" is assuming that Ken needs to write *any software at all* to transfer the shares to an existing exchange.  Ken's not building an exchange, he simply needs to hand the data over to CT.  Come on.

But Ken has stated that he will be writing some software didn't he? Man let me see if I can dig this up.
Pages: « 1 ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: