Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:39:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term vs. short term investing  (Read 2197 times)
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:59:45 PM

For the time being I prefer to stick to long term investment. I still check the market on a daily basis to not be taken by surprise with a major fall, as I do not want to have to sell at a loss ... but I guess it comes with the risk of investing in crypto.
Pikachu18
Copper Member

Activity: 392
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:00:50 PM

In my opinion that an investor should set profit target and as soon as it's target has achieved, there is no harm in making profit whether it's long-term or short-term investment.
livingfree

Activity: 2800
Merit: 578

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:01:15 PM

I'm not a day trader and I will fall in the category of being a long term holder/investor. I've got ambition that bitcoin will reach first the impossible price that we haven't seen yet and this is wait I've been waiting for. I don't care if I loss that much if the risk that I'm taking is worth to try. I know there can be more people here that are for long term because everyone believes that being a long term holder would be the best choice.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Dark Sky

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:07:23 PM

Hello my dear Bitcoin brothers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.
Personally, I prefer long-term investments. I think they're less risky. And to make good money on the game in the short - you need to have a fundamental and analytical knowledge, experience, intuition.
Long term investment is best way to make big profit but first of all its depend on a person who want to invest in bitcoin if he/she need money for something else do short term investment will better but he/she manage long term investment so it will very beneficial for investor because bitcoin price is up and down very fast and i think investors will never lose their money in any condition.

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:22:01 PM

I'm not a day trader and I will fall in the category of being a long term holder/investor. I've got ambition that bitcoin will reach first the impossible price that we haven't seen yet and this is wait I've been waiting for. I don't care if I loss that much if the risk that I'm taking is worth to try. I know there can be more people here that are for long term because everyone believes that being a long term holder would be the best choice.

long term is indeed the best when compared to short terms because you can always expect to earn huge returns if ever your choosen crypto became pumped up. however there were also few users that will always prefer to do shorter terms because they badly need the funds in order to spend for some important stuffs. im also one of the few users who mainly do short time hodlings. i only do it because right now , my salary on my current job isnt enough at all and i only get the half of my needs in bitcoin.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:25:05 PM

I'll try to summarize based on my personal experience, and how I would personally handle these different investments;

Long term
Look for stability, long-term potential and growth prospects. Look for cryptocurrencies that have the potential to develop a large userbase, particularly those that have great smart contract capability. Avoid ones that had a recent explosion in growth for no real reason, these are likely pumps

Short term
Look for coins with novelty value, but not necessarily long term potential, for example those associated with smart contract based games, or a catchy idea. Or, if they have a great marketing team behind them they might experience a price explosion.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:32:49 PM

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

if you have the time, skill and perseverance, I recommend day trading or short term trading
otherwise go with long term investing, set a time or price target for liquidating your investment
I personally do both but more to long term investor as I am not confident in my trading skills Tongue

whiut

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:50:15 AM

It is recommended that you make a long-term investment in Bitcoin. This will help your long-term gains. Short-term investments will not benefit.
gernoto

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

“Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018”

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:55:52 AM

I am doing a long term investing because of I have no time to read the charts for daily trader. Actually yes you able to earn profit everyday by because of the volatility of the market. If you have time you should try, you need to know which one is suit you.

▃▃▃▃▃  U N I B R I G H T  ▃▃▃▃▃
⟪ Blockchain-Based Business Integration ⟫
visit: https://unibright.io/
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:16:58 AM

Everyone really wanted to have a huge amount of profit so then, I believe that the decision is really depend on us. If we think we can really earn a huge amount of profit today we don't really have to wait for a long term gaining the same profit. So then I believe that short term and long term investing is depend on our limitation.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:17:46 AM

in the event that you have a decent wellspring of wage starting at now beside cryptos, I recommend you go for long haul speculations. Since it's so natural to do envision this, you will simply appreciate the way of life you are having at the present time. As a matter of fact you can disregard your coin for an a while, not absolutely forget about it but rather check it not routinely. As time passes by you don't know that the coin you are having increment it's esteem versus the time you buy it.
Ca.ming14

Activity: 143

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:21:26 AM

When it comes to investing, it is important to find the right balance for you and your individual situation.Before you start investing, whether it be short or long-term investing, you should have clear goals in mind. Even if you are most interested in short-term investments, you should set aside a portion of your money for long-term investments. This will protect you if you were to lose your money because of a sudden market crash or bad investment. Investing is an important wealth-building tool and not something to avoid or be afraid of.
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:26:01 AM

Short term investments working on crypto market only when market fastly rises up, but this happened only 2 times per year

syflt

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:30:01 AM

I think bitcoin is suitable for short-term investment, because the bitcoin market is too unstable, and the price of bitcoin fluctuations, and future development is difficult to predict.
Kurokyy

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:34:06 AM

Thank you fellas.

Short term trading

Fast profit or fast lost
More risky for trading
Needs more time to focus in the market

Long term trading

Buy a potential coin that is good for long term
Doesnt need full time to check market since you are long term goal
Less risky for trading

feegro77

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:35:50 AM

For long-term investments, currently the time to buy bitcoin. With the hope of bitcoin in the future can rise in price and we can achieve big profits.
For the short term we hold first so as not to sell bitcoin. we can not profit.
kimdomingo

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:38:06 AM

I prefer long-term investment because i prepare it for the future. Also, in long term investment i think your money will grow higher compared to short term investment.
klim75

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:45:26 AM

It's depend on what profit you want to get. As usual investment for a long term is to get more profit than for a short term. But it is more risky. You should have patiance and wise if you do long term investing. For daily traiding you should have enough time to visit the market everyday.
CookieGums

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:02:07 AM

Thank you fellas.
my experience in trading was good but i am not that pro like others. i would share my experience.

in trading in short term. you must choose a altcoin that has a low price and but the name is loud so you will think that it has a potential to rise. in long term, you must choose an altcoin that is very famous like ethereum and bitcoin. so you sure that in long days or month. you money is still there.

newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 08:17:22 AM

All time of my bitcoin life, I pretend to be a long term investor but it never was like this because after I bought crypto something provoked me to make short term trading even if I know very well that it is risky but fun if I make a profit. Often I did but again it is risky. I am trying to be a long term investor without day trading as I can.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: