Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:15:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term vs. short term investing  (Read 2206 times)
Ondongeric18

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:55:19 PM

The longer you hold your coins the greater the chances that you may gain more profit from it. But as well the chances of losing may also become big. You might be asking why? There are so many things that you might have to look into. Like accounts getting hacked, the coin you hold is no longer significant as other coins have surpassed it, country banning the coin and many other things that could create a big impact among users. On the lighter side without the things mentioned maybe you could also earn bigger profit given there are no other things blocking it's progress.

▐ ██████ ▌》    SONDER.VISION       《▐ ██████ ▌
HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
hardtargetbtc002018

Activity: 173
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:59:14 PM

The longer you hold your coins the greater the chances that you may gain more profit from it. But as well the chances of losing may also become big. You might be asking why? There are so many things that you might have to look into. Like accounts getting hacked, the coin you hold is no longer significant as other coins have surpassed it, country banning the coin and many other things that could create a big impact among users. On the lighter side without the things mentioned maybe you could also earn bigger profit given there are no other things blocking it's progress.

I prefer in long term thus we don't need to monitor closely.
snekinmyleg

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:01:41 PM

Hello my dear Bitcoin brothers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.
I think long term investment is a smart investment
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:01:48 PM

so in short long term investing is bad? i didnt think so.  Long term investing is still beneficial than short term because we can possibly earn big if we wait for the right time or right price in order to sell our coins. you will only loose if you are panicking whenever there is a market crash or price drop but  the truth is , you can always recover your losses if ever youv waited for the price to recover. short term is only good if you are a day trader or a trader that is active.
Visteryy

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:02:55 PM

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.
Short-term investments for impatient people and long-term investments are for the rich
isetter

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:04:02 PM

Thank you fellas.
If you have less money, you can invest long term. But if you have a lot of money, you can invest 1 to 2 years or maybe longer
waywethe

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:05:33 PM

After years of investing in crypto, I find long term investment is better than short term. If you invest in short term you can lose capital at any time
wasaisisisi

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:06:54 PM

It depends on how you want to invest. If you do intend to invest bitcoin better you take long term because that's my opinion will be very profitable. If you are not too intent with this investment better take the short term.
minnerETN

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:08:28 PM

Thank you fellas.
I like short term investment, I do not have much time to wait if I invest long term. I put money in the morning and at night could have made a profit . That is the fastest way to earn money
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:10:49 PM

Thank you fellas.

If you're planning to go long term hodling WITHOUT trading, then might as well go all in in the investment or go home. You won't make as much profit in trading if you don't invest the highest on long term holding because that will depend on the spikes and how long will it maintain the spiking.

hualangktsld841

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:11:05 PM

If it is not a professional investor or a professional investment company, it is not recommended for individuals to do short-term transactions, and the digital currency has a strong volatility. If it's not a very experienced person, you have to be under a strong pressure in the short term, and that's not what everyone can do.
hoanghoatham04

Activity: 176

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:12:13 PM

I have been long term investment and short term, but it did not bring me much profit. and I decided to invest in ICO

mitchel_am

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:16:38 PM

Ever since I have decided to invest I wasn't tented to sell because I began with the idea of being a long time investor. I am confident to see great results
CryptoBatman1

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:26:17 PM

I would go for long term investment in bitcoin.
xiaohao111

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:52:04 PM

Thank you fellas.
I think short-term investments can get more revenue in a short period of time, but it's more risky. And long term investments you just have to be patient enough to hold bitcoins, so it takes a long time to get a lot of revenue, and it's a lot less risky.
shaheer001

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 05:21:26 PM

it depends on traders strategy if trader want quick small profit then buy trending altcoin or Bitcoin and if want for long time then invest in Bitcoin and hodl for long time.

VIC-btcforum

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 05:22:25 PM

long term BTC ETH short term ALT coins
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:26:25 PM

Thank you fellas.

It depends on the capability of the person if he/she wants to earn monthly or the person does have a day job and he/she only wants to invest and hold the coin for a very long time and expecting to earn a huge amount of profit in the future.
Gabriellefull

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:30:19 PM

Thank you fellas.
If you want to make more profits in a short period of time, short-term investment is a good investment choice, but it is more risky. I think the investment approach is similar to gambling, we can easily lose a lot of profit. And long term income you need to hold bitcoin for a long time and you can get a lot of benefits, it's less risky, and I prefer long-term investments.
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:05:19 PM

Day trading can be done to earn quick profit but you should have experience in that field because it's not really easy. In comparison to day trading, long term holding can be quite profitable plus stress free provided if you invest in some really good projects because I've seen many cryptos go 100x and more. You just can't earn that kind of profit with day trading.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: