Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:20:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term vs. short term investing  (Read 2206 times)
Activitycoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:38:02 PM

Short term investments working on crypto market only when market fastly rises up, but this happened only 2 times per year
I don’t think so that saving bitcoin for short time is advisable because price increase with time so you will have to keep patience I prefer to choose it for long term as we know in business you don’t have to rush if you will hold your bitcoin for long time then the chanced for profit will be high, I think it is good to hold and wait to see your bitcoin increasing and getting high in price, nothing is risky if you hold and let it grow with patience.
hydeevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:55:33 PM

Hello my dear Bitcoin brothers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.
Investment is a process that you'll earn a huge amount of money for a period of time, but you need a huge amount of money for initial capital and the company you'd invest with will do the rest. However, I've read an article that bitcoin is a stored value of currency, but you can never consider it as money because it drops anytime that might lead to emptying of someone's money.
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:38:27 PM

Well, there are two modes of thought and you're definitely right about swinging a profit through short-term trading. If you know how to work the markets, and you have the time, it might be worth it. You can't go wrong holding as well, but it just depends on your preference and how quick you want to make a buck.
decoder88

Activity: 346
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:44:29 PM

i see and know from my experience in  sort time invest  some investor can earn profit but not big.so long time invest is better then sort time invest.if you invest any currency and hold for  long time  you earn huge profit .so it depend your choose.
I prefer to have both short-term investments and long-term investments. Because short term can be my support for my daily needs which you can earn in a short period of time but not as much as the earnings in long-terms. And long-term investments which you could earn for a long period of time but the value is worth it.
topleskacah

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:51:16 PM

I tell you so:
For Bitcoin - only long term investing;
For Altcoins - short term investing. I know that we have altcoins that gain 1000% after year of existence, but today this is rarely happens.
Memminger

Activity: 540
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:00:28 AM

It depends on what you want. If you want a quick small profit, you can trade on altcoin. Bitcoin is good for both but I prefer bitcoin on a long time hodl,  it is more profitable and at least with 70% chance of not losing your investment on the long term.

I agree. As I was reading about posts regarding this. A lot of people here have been saying that if ypu want faster transaction, then you should trade on altcoin but if you want bigger and longer transaction then choose btc. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. And yes, bitcoin indeed is more profitable due to its value.
arrmia11

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:30:18 AM

I would suggest both since you can do it at the same time. You can invest in bitcoin and consider it as long term investment since the value of it is unpredictable and when it reach the peak, you can get more than what you invest. At the same time you can also invest or trade in altcoins if you want a faster profit. In short, investing both short term and long term is more wiser than choosing only one.

james23

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:39:10 AM

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.
Sometimes it is better for long time investment because soon it gonna triple or double your money so that you have more income to
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:47:49 AM

Thank you fellas.
if I were you i would prefer long term investing because if you are investing some tokens you will get more profit if you invest it in. Long term there is a possiblity that you tokens multiplied into two

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Wulanayu

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:22:54 AM

Both things are equally profitable, I think short-term investments are the most profitable because each of our hearts can get the benefits of the oldest continuously and if calculated in the long run then short-term profits can be greater than long-term investment.
All of that back to you if you can play short-term trading then you will succeed but if you fail is also not too deep because you can trade back in the next day.

ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:36:00 AM

For Bitcoin it is suitable and very profitable for both short and long term investments. For Short term investments you also have other options like alt coins, for long term I only would recommend you to use Bitcoin only since it has already proven its worth when it comes to long term investment.
For the short term ones, alt coins and Bitcoins can be used, just a friendly reminder you have to be very strategic and strong for this since the market is really volatile, you really have to be patient, don't worry because once you get your profits it will be worth it. This is a great source of secondary income, I said secondary because I prefer to have a primary one so that I will not be forced to sell if I think it is not necessary yet, for me to be able to stick with my game plan.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
George Khelashvili

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:43:30 AM

Long term vs. short term investing

I always prefer to invest in short tearm because if you want to make money short term, you need to overlook 24/7 news, market etc and its need such  very big time, which I have not
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:20:48 AM

Thank you fellas.

Long term investing will surely provide more opportunity to gain profits.
If you investing in a short term, you may get some profit, but not much.
ritchel90

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:41:53 AM

it depends on you on where u can manage either its a short term or long term the very important thing you should put in your mind that dont be panic or u lost your money.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:23:02 PM

Long term investing in bitcoin is sort of like buying then forgetting about it. You don't need to constantly check the price and worry about it dropping. It's much more relaxing compared to investing short term. If you're willing to go in for the long term then the long term investing is always better
No doubt that long term investment is more profitable and less risky than short term investment, but in case of bitcoin, as bitcoin is still not yet considered as regular currency by most of the countries, therefore most of the investors afraid to invest their money in bitcoin for a long term. But i think that bitcoin has already given good profit to people therefore we can expect that it will continue giving profit to people, because of the increasing interest of the people.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
adifariz

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:41:54 PM

It depends on what you want. If you want a small quick profit, you can trade with altcoin. Bitcoin is good for both but I prefer bitcoin on old hodl, this is more profitable and at least with the possibility of not losing your investment in long term. In long investment, there are savings for the future and more profit. on the other hand, the advantages are less in terms of short investment and no longer security and future needs. In my opinion, long investment is better than short-term investment.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:45:07 PM

Thank you fellas.

Long term trading is risky for me because you are not sure if you are going to earn a huge amount of profit if you stock all your coins while trading daily will make you earn profit monthly or daily depending on how much time you spend trading.

ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:00:34 PM

Thank you fellas.
I do day trading in speculative coins and i need to monitor  the movement ofcthe coins all the time so i can sell ir buy depending on coin movement this is risky but the return is high in short term. while i invest in longeterm for solid coins like btc, eth, neo xrp and xem which i currently holding  i dont monitor regularly i just let my investment groe over time this need less time but return takes time also

Tasya04

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:02:56 PM

I prefer to invest long-term because it is more profitable
fluctuations

Activity: 183

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:10:26 PM

I like short-term investment to get more profit, I like the waves of the market created, this gives me a lot of profit. But some people prefer longer term investments because they do not catch the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: