Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:58:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mining , Is it worth it?  (Read 2017 times)
cryptohopes

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:44:54 AM

Mining is worth if the mining rigs are available in the country. Again some more factors matters like the electricity cost and temperature of the country.
Btcalimie

Activity: 209

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:45:25 AM

Hello guys, I have a friend who told me about BITCOIN MINING.

What do you think? Is it worth it ? Buying Hardwares / Mining Rigs and plus the TIME to be consume.
I'm not even familiar with it , so I'm probably asking for advice on for those old miners.

Electricity here in PH is so expensive. Do you have some tips and tricks?

Thanks in advance guys !  Wink

Well, there are alot of ways that could help you decreased your electric bill and also help your miner last for along period of time. You can look for it in different shops.
MahalQu2612

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:05:27 AM

If you have the money to put up a mining rig and can handle the maintenance that comes with it go for it, its a good way to earn cryptocurrency and not only bitcoin. Its like passively generating and you should just monitor it often. Also you have the choice to not only mine bitcoin because its quite a challenge to mine BTC right now, but you still have a wide choices of coins you can mine like Ethereum, Litecoin or any coin of your interest.
Abdullah.dhariwal

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:17:41 AM

Bitcoin mining depends on in which country are you doing it to some extent. If govt supports you and cost of running bitcoin mining is low then it's worth.
gangem07

Activity: 598
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:36:18 AM

Mining bitcoin is good way to earn money.But here in PH is not good enough for you to put up a mining rig because of high cost of electricity and the temperature is really important.And the equipment is really expensive.Bitcoin mining is not profitable at this moment you must try to invest in some altcoins.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ▼  PUNKCOIN  ▼   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The rebel under the cryptocurrencies - a different ERC20 project
 WebsiteReddit △  Twitter Whitepaper △  ANN Thread
cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:48:04 AM

Bitcoin treatment also means that you invest in a good machine configuration, which can be very expensive, so the cost of the bitcoin depends on the price of the power. In any country where government subsidizes gas prices, it will be cheaper than other countries

Bitcoin mining is great for bitcoin, we can see Bitcoin as a large global cash system that stores the history of transactions or the movement of money from one person to another. In the case of Bitcoin, this process is not done by individuals or companies, but by thousands of computers around the world connected to the internet. These computers are known as miners or 'miners'. Simply put, they are 'computers that process mining.
bitstibit

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 10:52:29 AM

In the Philippines, its not anymore worth it. Weather is so hot and electricity bill is getting high. But if you have money and a space to spare, well for sure all the bitcoins BTC and altcoins you'll collect will have intrinsic value later on.
lodcoling

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:55:22 AM

To do mining you need to have a huge arrangement. You need to have a huge electricity consumption. Rather you may invest the money to purchase BTC without purchasing mining equipment. I think mining will not be profitable for the beginner.
markiplier.jack

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:26:54 AM

It will be essential to continue the bitcoin mining as it is the process of adding transaction records to Bitcoin's public ledger of past transactions or blockchain. It consumes a lot of energy and investment. So we need to find other ways to add a transaction to the public ledge. Until then mining cannot be stopped.
appleyard

Activity: 359
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:32:37 AM

What do you think? Is it worth it ? Buying Hardwares / Mining Rigs and plus the TIME to be consume.
I'm not even familiar with it , so I'm probably asking for advice on for those old miners.

If you have a free source of energy you will get a profit or breakeven to your investment in short period of time. it is not worth it if you are in the philippine because of expensive cost of energy. You can build your own solar for your source of energy because of the hot climate in your country .

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Jiralhanae

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:26:54 PM

With the mining difficulty I would say no its not worth. To add to that point everyone is questioning the profitabilty of mining beause of the energy consumption. Bitcoin mining is sucking up so much energy that could power the whole of Netherlands. https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/05/18/study-claims-bitcoins-energy-consumption/
reynilynedago

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:31:35 PM

I think Mining is not a good way to earn at the moment when the imining is difficult of Bitcoin is increasing day by day but it's a safe way to earn Bitcoin cause you'll never being scammed by anyone. But I think instead of investing your money in mining Bitcoin why don't you invest your money to buy Bitcoin directly? I think it's better than mining, you just need to buy Bitcoin then hold and you don't have to care about so many things like when you join mining.
JanVanHellsing

Activity: 107

Decentralised Wearable Devices

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:45:01 PM

Lot‘s of people mention that the mining difficulty has increased sharply and even daily recently. Is there a way to get some precise numbers or charts? If it‘s not worth why is it so hard to get these Asic miners?

jemerson1420

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:50:52 PM

I think yes because I think bitcoin take a tokens in mining now I say mining is worth in bitcoin.
MoneyCrafter

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:56:19 PM

That is better than money investing. Because its a one time payment after you bought mining rigs and hardwares. But take care, You need a good place/area to build a mining.
ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:02:43 PM

If you can afford to buy ASIC miner(s) then I think it's worth to try.
It need both time and computer literacy. If you dont have both then just forget to mine Bitcoin.
You can use your fiat money to buy directly Bitcoin in your favorite exchange. It much more easy and profitable at the same time.
Polly.Nochka

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:42:51 PM

at the beginning mining was very profitable business, but every year the bitcoins' pay for mining decreases in geometric progression, just the opposite. In this sense, there is no sense in investing in mining for beginners.
chengyinoing

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:47:02 PM

As far as I know, it's not worth it.

Because of the high cost of electricity and the high cost of machines, miners are now more difficult and competitive.
SeVenlast

Activity: 413

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:48:34 PM

I don't really understand about Bitcoin mining but I think if mining Bitcoin that way doesn't make Bitcoin scarcity.

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:05:01 PM

If you have The means to buy mining rigs then go for it. I suggest 3 rigs. 2 for mining bitdoin and the other for mining eth. And if it was me i would go for solar power to lower electricity cost and you would be runing ac 24/7

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: