Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:56:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin the best Long-term Hold?  (Read 1872 times)
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:04:16 PM

What do you think?  Is it smart to hold Bitcoin as a long-term investment, or are there better choices among the ALT coins like Ethereum or Litecoin?
When compared with other types of altcoin, Bitcoin digital currency is very appropriate to serve as a type of long-term investment. as we know Bitcoin is created by shatosi nakamoto approximately 21 million pieces around the world, the fewer the number of bitcoins present, the more valuable they will be. Bitcoin is therefore very appropriate to be used as a long-term investment because the value is likely to be more valuable from now.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:09:34 PM

I have been in the market for awhile, and always hear the same mantra about trading to hold more Bitcoin and not Fiat.  I bought into the same mentality for a long time, but I'm changing my tune.  In almost every industry, first generation leaders are replaced by competition.  From Sears, Kmart, Nokia, Motorola, Yahoo, MySpace, etc.  Although Bitcoin is the current crypto reserve currency, I think that its dominance is threatened by ALT coins with faster, cheaper transactions and greater scalability.  What do you think?  Is it smart to hold Bitcoin as a long-term investment, or are there better choices among the ALT coins like Ethereum or Litecoin?
Here we are with technology in both cases ( according to as you told in your post ) , but here bitcoin have something different .
Bitcoin is even still today is bitcoin and according to the basic needs bitcoin improving its technology with fork experiment ( that is with trend ) but here the mobile companies technology are not much now successful because in the starting they didn't followed Android technology .
And also bitcoin's demand is very high and there is no competition for bitcoin in cryptourrency Field Because this is king and king will remain king and no one can beat bitcoin by technology and also by potential  .
Even today if you will see that what you made with the bitcoin then check with how much fluctuations bitcoin is in this market with very high price .
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:38:27 PM

I think Bitcoin is still the best to hold for a long term because bitcoin is the most popular coin all over the world and most use coin than any altcoins. Bitcoin has been the leader of all crypto currencies since its creation even there are many altcoins that was introduced in the market. Bitcoin has already proved that it can survive for many years and can continue to increase in the future.
satria33

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:12:07 PM

ETH in my opinion.
now 1 btc = 11 eth
next year 1 eth = 11 bitcoin

nothing is impossible in the crypto world but I think your statement is too much if 1eth = 11btc especially if for next year
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:57:54 PM

I think Bitcoin is the one of the only coins we should long term and that is because it is proven and closest to becoming usable in actual society. Sure Litecoin might be kind of close, but because everybody knows about Bitcoin it is right around the corner for implementation. I just saw a video that showed LN is active in California at a coffee shop, the revolution has begun people hang on to your Bitcoins it will probably be in your best interest.
If no one is seeing that right now, I am sure only time will end up showing them the wrong notion they have had all these while when they have probably missed in on the show. No one is telling anyone not to hold whatever they want to hold, but if by now, it is not obviously to them, that altcoins are just distractions and bitcoin gives a better chance here for longer opportunity on a larger scale, I wonder what else they would really want to believe again.

May be you have been off the news lately or you have not actually make any transaction lately, but you may need to start checking the whole transaction issue out yourself and see how that has been playing out for bitcoin lately. Pretty fast, low fees and if you decide to adopt segwit wallet and make use of segwit addresses, it even gets better, but of course, a lot of you complain, talk about some altcoins that does not even stand a chance and end up seeing the wrong picture.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:19:54 PM

I think Bitcoin is still the best to hold for a long term because bitcoin is the most popular coin all over the world and most use coin than any altcoins. Bitcoin has been the leader of all crypto currencies since its creation even there are many altcoins that was introduced in the market. Bitcoin has already proved that it can survive for many years and can continue to increase in the future.
Yes until now bitcoin is most used, most invest from users because of the good it has to the users. I save bitcoin for the long term for the profit that we can get from patiently holding in our wallet. Price up and down but it can bounce to rise any moment.
Armstand

Activity: 626

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:24:47 PM

If we will based on the stories of the people who'd been rich by just holding it then we can definitely say that bitcoin is worth holding for, even 50 cents who happened to forgot his btc gains alot now as well other young holders of it before.
Miracleismyidol

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:32:52 PM

I have been in the market for awhile, and always hear the same mantra about trading to hold more Bitcoin and not Fiat.  I bought into the same mentality for a long time, but I'm changing my tune.  In almost every industry, first generation leaders are replaced by competition.  From Sears, Kmart, Nokia, Motorola, Yahoo, MySpace, etc.  Although Bitcoin is the current crypto reserve currency, I think that its dominance is threatened by ALT coins with faster, cheaper transactions and greater scalability.  What do you think?  Is it smart to hold Bitcoin as a long-term investment, or are there better choices among the ALT coins like Ethereum or Litecoin?
I think that at the present time it is very suitable for us to buy bitcoin and keep it for a long time. It can be seen that bitcoin prices are extremely low and may drop further in the coming days. So you have to constantly monitor the market to be able to buy bitcoin at reasonable prices. I believe the bitcoin price will reach $ 40000 in 2018.
mustbaro

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:54:55 PM

Of course, bitcoin is the most appropriate crypto to held for longterm. Although there are some altcoins that can be held for short term as a step of investment diversification.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:06:03 PM

If we will based on the stories of the people who'd been rich by just holding it then we can definitely say that bitcoin is worth holding for, even 50 cents who happened to forgot his btc gains alot now as well other young holders of it before.

Times have changed. 95% of the people who invest right now will no longer be able become rich from their insignificant initial investments. For that reason it's good to focus on more realistic targets to increase your wealth, instead of focusing on how people became a millionaire with just $100 or $1000 invested. It's great of course for the people who managed to get in early enough, but these stories don't reflect the current situation anymore. My main focus has never been getting rich with Bitcoin, because I know there isn't an easy way to do so. My main goal was to avoid seeing my fiat wealth lose purchasing power every year, and to disconnect myself from this system. I did well in all aspects if I may say so.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:26:38 PM

It is funny I had the versa idea of yours and I started to change it to be the other way around . I always was measuring my profit with $$ while most people I know was measuring it with BTC . Until quite some time I found out that I am the one in wrong place . Focusing in occurring more BTC will be much more +profitable in long run , for so many reasons .

- historical BTC always bounce back and break ATH
- Doing this will strengthen the whole crypto market , we all see how BTC dip effect the whole market .
- So holding your BTC and try to increase it will give BTC more value that it have already  which will return in positive for the whole market .
- When I trade with my goal to increase BTC I found out I make more money . 1- from the original trade 2- from when BTC raise which always happen ( it might delay , but always happen  ) .

So by this way we kinda support the world we believe in while we are making money by sticking to BTC side .
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:17:09 PM

All coins may bring profit in the long run, and we cannot limit what bitcoin future might bring. Im still buying bitcoin and primarily using it for transaction but I use newly introduced alt for my long term investment coins. Altcoins that has low price and low total supply ate the ones I keep on targeting.. This such coins are potential for increase. Basicallu thia is based on the law of supply and demand. I migjt not see it growing yet, but surely in the coming years it will grow bigger.
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:15:16 AM

ETH in my opinion.
now 1 btc = 11 eth
next year 1 eth = 11 bitcoin

This blind calculation and not worth at all. So what is this reference to use for calculation?
Etherium is good choice for long term and also bitcoin. Both of them are very useful for investment. But now, i will choose etherium because the price is lower than bitcoin so it can ave more chance to double.
rhayot

Activity: 351

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:18:41 AM

Kinda bitcoin is definitely a good long term to hold because of its value are getting high, way back nine years ago bitcoin is just nothing but as you can see now in the market bitcoin is now the domninant cryptocurrency. But the other altcoins are getting high its value in the long run because most of them are depending on bitcoin’s value.
GunsNRose

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:11:23 PM

Bitcoin has already proved to everyone that it is the best tool for long-term investment. Over the past 2 years its value has grown more than 40 times.
And I'm sure bitcoin will grow further.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:32:10 PM

Until now crypto currencies are the long term hold because it is the most expensive crypto still if you are holding bitcoin since it was invented then you will be very rich.But the conditions may change in the future for now bitcoin is the best.

DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:11:03 PM

But Bitcoin may be a great bet long-term if Bitcoin replaces gold. Gold has a market cap of roughly $7.7 trillion. As the saying goes, be fearful when others are greedy. And vice versa. The total market cap of all cryptocurrencies was $7.13 billion on January 1, 2016. Now it’s about $300 billion
andrey111

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:57:36 PM

Repeatedly wrote that bitcoin is the prophet of all crypto and hardly anyone can surpass his price. I do not argue, there are good altcoyins, but bitcoin will always be ahead.
Xetonica

Activity: 706
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:05:15 AM

Probably it is the bitcoin for long term hold because many people here in crypto are experience in long term hold like a year ago and now they successfully get their profit from bitcoin and now they are enjoying their life with their family.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:37:57 AM

I have been in the market for awhile, and always hear the same mantra about trading to hold more Bitcoin and not Fiat.  I bought into the same mentality for a long time, but I'm changing my tune.  In almost every industry, first generation leaders are replaced by competition.  From Sears, Kmart, Nokia, Motorola, Yahoo, MySpace, etc.  Although Bitcoin is the current crypto reserve currency, I think that its dominance is threatened by ALT coins with faster, cheaper transactions and greater scalability.  What do you think?  Is it smart to hold Bitcoin as a long-term investment, or are there better choices among the ALT coins like Ethereum or Litecoin?

Yes, it is. It's value and how its movements go are good indicators that its better for a long term or a contigency-type investment. Bitcoin has these trend of being dormant for months at a time, it could take to as long as six to nine months, thus, the return and realization of investments done with it as a medium would take long. However, it is worth it because the price increase after it being stagnant is usually staggering, just like what happened last year when it almost tripled its value. That's why many investors and traders try to take hold of increment amounts of Bitcoin so that by that time it surges again, they can revived it from their portfolio for profit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: