Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:51:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin the best Long-term Hold?  (Read 1872 times)
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:34:17 PM

I have been in the market for awhile, and always hear the same mantra about trading to hold more Bitcoin and not Fiat.  I bought into the same mentality for a long time, but I'm changing my tune.  In almost every industry, first generation leaders are replaced by competition.  From Sears, Kmart, Nokia, Motorola, Yahoo, MySpace, etc.  Although Bitcoin is the current crypto reserve currency, I think that its dominance is threatened by ALT coins with faster, cheaper transactions and greater scalability.  What do you think?  Is it smart to hold Bitcoin as a long-term investment, or are there better choices among the ALT coins like Ethereum or Litecoin?

As far as i know, yes bitcoin is still the best for long term investment. For the past 10 years of crypto currency existence, bitcoin are always on top and the main crypto being use by everybody. Despite of many negative issues and news about bitcoin, bitcoin is still standing and proving those haters that they are wrong.

Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:37:28 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 03:24:02 PM by Itjoker

Well Bitcoin is the best choice for a stable growth of your money. Because in the long term Bitcoin will grow tens of times. Just give it a little bit more time.
But if you want 10-100x in the short time then you should search another cryptocurrency.
MuhNofa

Activity: 504
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:21:40 PM

If you look at the price of last year's year price I say yes, because every year bitcoin can go up doubled
maimainguyen05

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:25:19 PM

Of course Bitcoin is the best coin for long-term hold at the moment but it's only when you have great amount of money Smiley. If dont' have enough to buy at least 1 BTC I think you should change to hold other cryptocurrency with lower price but also has good potential in the future like ETH or LTC. For now, I'm holding both ETH and BTC for long-term Smiley)

parthgajjar

Activity: 273
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:30:40 PM

I have been in the market for awhile, and always hear the same mantra about trading to hold more Bitcoin and not Fiat.  I bought into the same mentality for a long time, but I'm changing my tune.  In almost every industry, first generation leaders are replaced by competition.  From Sears, Kmart, Nokia, Motorola, Yahoo, MySpace, etc.  Although Bitcoin is the current crypto reserve currency, I think that its dominance is threatened by ALT coins with faster, cheaper transactions and greater scalability.  What do you think?  Is it smart to hold Bitcoin as a long-term investment, or are there better choices among the ALT coins like Ethereum or Litecoin?
You can see that in the past bitcoin prices are recovering extremely strong, from the current $ 9200 bitcoin price has recovered to the $ 11600 level and is still moving toward the $ 12000 level. I think this is a good time for you to buy and keep bitcoin because the value of bitcoin is increasing day by day, if you do not buy the current time you will have to buy at a very high price.
JTEN18

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:13:12 PM

You can see that in the past bitcoin prices are recovering extremely strong, from the current $ 9200 bitcoin price has recovered to the $ 11600 level and is still moving toward the $ 12000 level. I think this is a good time for you to buy and keep bitcoin because the value of bitcoin is increasing day by day, if you do not buy the current time you will have to buy at a very high price.
You are right that is why we have proven that it is really worth it to invest in bitcoin, do not hesitate nor doubt, just hold your bitcoin as much as you want and as much as you can, before the year ends it will dramatically increase in value again more that what we expected.
marqonah

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:19:17 PM

You must have some serious cash to hold btc long term . Other then that your better off investing in alts with real use cases and major potential.

I think bitcoin can be used to survive in the long run. because in every year bitcoin prices are getting higher, even can rise many times. but the price of bitcoin each year can also drop dramatically. then when you have decided to stay in bitcoin, you should never feel sorry when one day the bitcoin price drops. it's better to stay patient and keep waiting until bitcoin prices rise again. then there will be a good income from long-term survival.
blx18

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:20:36 PM

No way is BTC a lomng term hold. Given that there is only a finite numbers of them to exist in the future, that means first deflation than people switching to another coin.
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:43:58 PM

iam not trust btc anymore , becose its not strong and best like before , now eth is better is faster and easy to use , cheaper tax trans and etc, also eth have buterin and they good and strong team which introduce us new and new projects everytime , if not buterin we didnot have ico and etc, now we will have dao ico and i think in future we will have more and more from eth team .

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
crimzonico
Copper Member

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:58:26 PM

It's probably the safest long term hold, but if by best you mean greatest ROI then most likely not.
oturanbilboa

Activity: 454
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 09:18:29 PM

I think bitcoin is still the most powerful virtual money. But Ethereum is moving on the market more strongly. Ethereum technology is better than bitcoin technology. Perhaps after a few years the difference between the price of an ethereum and the price of a bitcoin will be minimal.

jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:06:41 PM

No way is BTC a lomng term hold. Given that there is only a finite numbers of them to exist in the future, that means first deflation than people switching to another coin.
I think long-term investment in bitcoin is very reasonable because the cryptocurrency market is receiving a lot of market attention and certainly bitcoin will be the crypto coin that gets the most attention. Take advantage of your savings and invest in bitcoin. I am sure you will be very happy that in a few years bitcoin will grow extremely strong in this market.
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:17:29 PM

I got your point but on my analysis, every time the bitcoin value depreciates, all other ALT coins like Ethereum or Litecoin also depreciates its value.  On the other hand, when  Bitcoin value increases its value all other altcoin follows.  Meaning, all other Altcoin price is basically based on bitcoin price. This is just a reflection that all other altcoin no matter what its features and purpose is still based on bitcoin value.  From that, it only proves that still, Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency and no other altcoin can replace it.  Bitcoin became stable after a long period of time and through overcoming different market circumstances.  With that, still Bitcoin is the best long-term investment to hold.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:36:57 PM

iam not trust btc anymore , becose its not strong and best like before , now eth is better is faster and easy to use , cheaper tax trans and etc, also eth have buterin and they good and strong team which introduce us new and new projects everytime , if not buterin we didnot have ico and etc, now we will have dao ico and i think in future we will have more and more from eth team .
Sorry to say but i am not agree with you, in my opinion i think that bitcoin is one of the most stronger currency of the world specially in as compare to digital currencies and will even continue becoming more and more stronger because of the increasing interest of the people, In fact people will continue increasing their interest in bitcoin for a long time and will continue making bitcoin more stronger.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Xetonica

Activity: 706
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:53:07 AM

Now as you can see that the bitcoin continue grow up the value if you bought when the bitcoin dump at $7k and now you have a wonderful profit from bitcoin, i think it is the best for bitcoin for the long term hold perhaps.
S4roZa

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:42:45 AM

Well, many Bitcoin and other kriptocurency buyers believe that this technology can reproduce the world's securities and shake conventional currencies. They see Bitcoin as an asset similar to gold, sticking to long-term and long-term sales strategies.
huanzhong644306

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:30:43 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 09:40:36 AM by huanzhong644306

Bitcoin is indeed the best long-term investment.

We all know that the price of bitcoin is now very high and the future will be even higher.

That's why a lot of people have become interested and the cost of bitcoin has become very high.

So I think if you want to hold bitcoin, you have to put a lot of money into it to make a profit.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:49:58 AM

To be honest, I don't think it's good to hold just Bitcoin only. You should diversify your options by simply looking at the other altcoins such as ETH, XRP, BCC, LTC, ADA, NEM, TRX, YOLO, ETN and so on.

Like last time, Bitcoin took a deep dive from $13k to $5.7k only before climbed back to more than $11k today. It's very speculative and has high volatility, and you cannot predict the pump and dump of its price as well.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:22:45 AM

To be honest, I don't think it's good to hold just Bitcoin only. You should diversify your options by simply looking at the other altcoins such as ETH, XRP, BCC, LTC, ADA, NEM, TRX, YOLO, ETN and so on.

Like last time, Bitcoin took a deep dive from $13k to $5.7k only before climbed back to more than $11k today. It's very speculative and has high volatility, and you cannot predict the pump and dump of its price as well.
I think bitcoin is really profitable if we are going to hold for a long term. But the profit may depend on the patience of the person, because we all know that the bitcoin is high on volatility and sometimes it will rise like it's price is really on the top and we tend to sell it. So then it is only depending on is. If we do believe that we can gain bitcoin today we don't have to wait and hold for a long term.
sumanto

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:31:51 AM

of course you are right bitcoin is a way of playing long term trading and it has proved very profitable if you look at the first time bitcoin in the release and only have a very cheap price and currently bitcoin prices are very expensive. for those who buy bitcoin at a price of less than $ 10 is definitely now become a billionaire.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: