Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:44:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin the best Long-term Hold?  (Read 1872 times)
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:49:22 PM

Of course, Bitcoin is the best long term investment. An expert said that bitcoin price will be up to $25,000 in 2020-2022
I think that is it the best time to buy and hold for a long time.

no its not. bicoin can rise and pumped for just a shorter amount of time and that simply means bitcoin is the best when it comes to short term investments but sure we can also use it for long term mid term or any other terms of investment. i only prefer altcoins if im going to invest for a longer time span because as what i always experience, altcoins tend to grow slower as oppose to bitcoin.

Disclaimer: this statement is only based on my own experience and im not encouraging anyone to follow my advice. Final decision will still depend on every other person.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
harriette

Activity: 173
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:18:05 PM

I have been in the market for awhile, and always hear the same mantra about trading to hold more Bitcoin and not Fiat.  I bought into the same mentality for a long time, but I'm changing my tune.  In almost every industry, first generation leaders are replaced by competition.  From Sears, Kmart, Nokia, Motorola, Yahoo, MySpace, etc.  Although Bitcoin is the current crypto reserve currency, I think that its dominance is threatened by ALT coins with faster, cheaper transactions and greater scalability.  What do you think?  Is it smart to hold Bitcoin as a long-term investment, or are there better choices among the ALT coins like Ethereum or Litecoin?
I think you should not keep long-term bitcoin, market in recent days are recovering slightly, bitcoin prices are constantly rising but you can see that this is just uptrend in the short term. In the longer term, bitcoin prices are still bearish, so if you invest long-term bitcoin you will be able to face very heavy losses.
West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:19:18 PM

I think yes. Bitcoin is the best when it comes to long-term hold. And it proven in the past. Those people who hold their bitcoins when it was undervalued are millionaire now.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
CrystalPham

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:44:00 PM

It also depends on whether the investor has time to sit and trade for hours or not and when you trade the day the market is like. So depending on the time that we should buy and hold or trade fast.
Chooroz

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:15:38 PM

I think yes. Bitcoin is the best when it comes to long-term hold. And it proven in the past. Those people who hold their bitcoins when it was undervalued are millionaire now.
There is no doubt that bitcoin is really the best coin for long term hold, because the value of bitcoin can be very high if  we will just keep our bitcoin and waut until the value of it will reach a higher price, just like what happend last year, the price of bitcoin was reached $20k.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
ELEL_ELEL

Activity: 177

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:18:57 PM

I have been in the market for awhile, and always hear the same mantra about trading to hold more Bitcoin and not Fiat.  I bought into the same mentality for a long time, but I'm changing my tune.  In almost every industry, first generation leaders are replaced by competition.  From Sears, Kmart, Nokia, Motorola, Yahoo, MySpace, etc.  Although Bitcoin is the current crypto reserve currency, I think that its dominance is threatened by ALT coins with faster, cheaper transactions and greater scalability.  What do you think?  Is it smart to hold Bitcoin as a long-term investment, or are there better choices among the ALT coins like Ethereum or Litecoin?

Yes for me bitcoin is the best long term to hold because many bitcoiners are holding bitcoin now because of coming high volatily of bitcoin.That bitcoin savers will have the highest profit of this year.Bitcoin is so worth because of its value that will make people life change.
Dwarf42

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:29:23 PM

I think you should not invest in long-term bitcoin at this time, the market in recent days are showing signs of recovery, bitcoin prices are still on the rise. But according to my analysis, this is only a short-term, if in long-term, bitcoin prices are still in the cycle. So if you invest long-term in bitcoin it will be very risky, the risk will be very high, according to my analysis the bitcoin price will probably reach 1000 $ at the end of 2018, then the damage will be great if you head long term.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:32:03 PM

Yes, I would say so. You can hold your BTC the same way you can hold US$
as I think of BTC to US$ and other altcoins to other national fiat currencies
most fiat currencies can be traded with US$ and many countries look upon US economics
the same thing with BTC is used as base trade for other altcoins, and BTC price can affect altcoin prices
so holding BTC for long-term is quite make sense if you're not in it for routine income

chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:31:17 AM

Yes, I would say so. You can hold your BTC the same way you can hold US$
as I think of BTC to US$ and other altcoins to other national fiat currencies
most fiat currencies can be traded with US$ and many countries look upon US economics
the same thing with BTC is used as base trade for other altcoins, and BTC price can affect altcoin prices
so holding BTC for long-term is quite make sense if you're not in it for routine income
Yes I agree on that and I already experience on holding bitcoin for almost 1 year, and I particularly see the result of my patience. So  then i suggest everyone to hold and wait for the rising of its price and get some more profit. Because bitcoin price sis really amazing it will really rise someday, if we take a look at the price dog bitcoin from the last year 2017 it's price rise up to 20,000 USD and if the people have faith and hold maybe they've earn a lot.

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:28:17 AM

Well, one cannot be optimistic on whether Bitcoin will be the best coin to hold for a long period of time because anything can happen in crypto currency market for in the next two years ethereum can become some thing else as it happen to be the most wildly accepted alternative crypto currency.
I think almost all users agree that bitcoin has a beautiful future, even more beautiful than any other cryptocurrency, you do not have to worry about competition in the crypto world, all potential coins will grow and have a higher price, but bitcoin will always be the first, so long-term investment is great for bitcoin investment
cutikanzilong

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:26:19 AM

I'd better keep a coin that has a good project for the future and holds lots of examples like Bitcoin and Ethereum. The coins over time have increased significantly. Very profitable if we trade the coins
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:34:36 AM

The top cryptocurrency has been proven to be one of the best when in come to long term hold. Numerous investors and traders the benefit of holding the bitcoin for months or years. But but it is better to hold bitcoin if you bought it at cheaper price during market dip so you can achieve the maximum gain when its price go up again. The price of the bitcoin usually go up during the second half of the year.
James_Potter

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:55:21 AM

In my opinion, ETH is more better, BTC price is unstable, so it's so dangerous
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:47:50 AM

for bitcoins that have very limited total supply and have very high demand and development makes bitcoin very suitable for long-term trading, because if bitcoin is used as short-term trading it will not give maximum benefit.
Daisy Smith

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:59:56 AM

I wouldn’t say for sure that it is the best long term hold, but it is definitely a more stable investment in relative. The outlook for Bitcoin wasn’t that appealing when its scalability issues become apparent during the time when Bitcoin was all over the headline.
VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:46:32 AM

I agree. The price of bitcoin will increase in the future but it is unlikely that it will drop. Because bitcoin is a strong and potential penny in the cryptocurrency market. Therefore, bitcoin is the best way to keep your pennies in the long run. It makes it easy for investors to make a profit in the future. The growing market means that the price of bitcoin is increasing.

Claudyah

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:57:46 AM

it's true once bitcoin will persist for the next few years because of the bitcoin properties like that bitcoin much used as a long-term investment.
JaxxBoll

Activity: 124

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:50:43 AM

right . For those who invite to invest in this market, buying BTC and keeping is the best way. But to buy and trade everyday, I would not choose these two coins to trade.
Mancung

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:58:24 AM

Do we can count on gold to?? Alongside with gold, bitcoin is must have investment for now and these upcoming months. Which people in this world didnt know gold and what it worth? If i have enough money to invest, surely i would love to invest it on gold and bitcoin, and maybe ethereum also!
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:31:27 AM

Already we are seeing the growth of bitcoin from 2016, in 2016, people don't have much awareness about the bitcoin but Bitcoin manages to reach 1000$ and to $19k. I hope holding bitcoin is always a good strategy for long term invest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: