Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:03:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ✍️ ☑️ ✐ [ANN][ICO]URAllowance - Family-Smart Contract | ✐ ☑️ ✍️  (Read 25576 times)
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:14:04 PM
Merited by CHRISBIN702 (1)

On which ICO listing sites you have been published?

Good question. I've refrained from listing on these sites for the time being. We have been sponsored with a Premium Listing on ICOBench but we are not listing until wee have our audit results back. ICOBench has the toughest rating system and we want to be prepared for for toughest scrutiny. We will begin listing this week.
Hard to beleive how much support we received before we even launched this Ann Thread.

Sometimes i find icobench's ratings very accurate but sometimes i find them unlogical.

Do you contact with icodrops? Most of the projects they are listing having very successful ico phase.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CHRISBIN702

Activity: 1120
Merit: 279

My blockchain can beat up your blockchain

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 09:36:19 PM

On which ICO listing sites you have been published?

Good question. I've refrained from listing on these sites for the time being. We have been sponsored with a Premium Listing on ICOBench but we are not listing until wee have our audit results back. ICOBench has the toughest rating system and we want to be prepared for for toughest scrutiny. We will begin listing this week.
Hard to beleive how much support we received before we even launched this Ann Thread.

Sometimes i find icobench's ratings very accurate but sometimes i find them unlogical.

Do you contact with icodrops? Most of the projects they are listing having very successful ico phase.

I will begin listing on the ICO calendars today if I find the time. Thank you for the suggestion.

Not for sale.........
Why, how much you got?
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:39:17 PM

I hate to ask hard questions for such a charming project, but this has been haunting me for a while: how will URAllowance solve the Oracle problem?

Or in plain English: how does URAllowance deal with the lack of discipline and cheating?
CHRISBIN702

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 10:15:42 PM

I hate to ask hard questions for such a charming project, but this has been haunting me for a while: how will URAllowance solve the Oracle problem?

Or in plain English: how does URAllowance deal with the lack of discipline and cheating?

I've never heard it called the Oracle problem before. The way we prevent lack of discipline, for parents and for kids, employers, and employees, is simple. After a task is complete and the kid or employee marks the task as complete on their dashboard. This action initiates a timer that begins to countdown on the dashboard of the parent or employer. This makes it so that the parent/employer must stay involved with the whole process all the way to the end. There is even an option to give bonuses at the time of verification for extraordinary work. If the verification timer runs down to zero, the reward is transferred to the wallet of the kid/employee. No complaining from either side because the smart contract has rules and if they are not followed then the smart contract does what it was programmed to do without emotion.

Not for sale.........
Why, how much you got?
Rigorous

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:52:11 AM
Merited by CHRISBIN702 (2)

Introducing a timer to the smart contract condition is quite a clever invention.

My worry stems from the opposite: that parents are too lenient, resulting in rewards for jobs done half-assed or not at all, effectively spoiling the kid.

If the timer running out results in a reward it is too easy for the parent to become lazy. No complaints from the kids either. Therefore I would suggest the timer running out to result in no reward or a partial one, so that both the parents and the kids have to keep interacting with the contract.
lvsca (OP)

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 04:26:27 AM

Introducing a timer to the smart contract condition is quite a clever invention.

My worry stems from the opposite: that parents are too lenient, resulting in rewards for jobs done half-assed or not at all, effectively spoiling the kid.

If the timer running out results in a reward it is too easy for the parent to become lazy. No complaints from the kids either. Therefore I would suggest the timer running out to result in no reward or a partial one, so that both the parents and the kids have to keep interacting with the contract.

great idea. i like how you think.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
levyashin

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:31:21 AM

I think with URAllowance, parents still need to act with responsibility. If their actions cause their children to spoil, URAllowance can't prevent it. It is just a tool for parents and children can interact with smart contracts. It is a good way to discipline but it can't do everything alone. Parents need to be responsible.

CHRISBIN702

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:38:35 AM

Hmmmm.  Very good point. Definitely something to consider. Our timer design was based on the assumption that parents won't want to give allowance away for nothing. But the laziness of parents is an issue for sure.
We have an option for a family news letter to go out weekly or monthly to the entire family. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers, pastures, coaches, anyone that is considered close to the family can get one. It will include important dates and events. Perhaps on the front, we will include statistics of the parents and the kids. How many times the timer made it to zero and how many times the task was incomplete. This could motivate them all parties to follow through. If their loved ones are watching.
Thank you, for the insight.

Not for sale.........
Why, how much you got?
CHRISBIN702

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:44:39 AM

I think with URAllowance, parents still need to act with responsibility. If their actions cause their children to spoil, URAllowance can't prevent it. It is just a tool for parents and children can interact with smart contracts. It is a good way to discipline but it can't do everything alone. Parents need to be responsible.

When we are kids We think our parents are gods. No one is more responsible, no one is stronger, no one is scarier, no one makes you feel safer. As a parent, I realize, that is not the truth. Parents, myself included, can be lazy, irresponsible, selfish and ignorant. I try but it proves to be increasingly difficult as time goes on. A tool that forces any level of accountability would be a welcomed part of my routine.

Not for sale.........
Why, how much you got?
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:10:16 PM

This project is beginning to have healthy discussions among its followers and I'm getting more interested in this as I have 2 kids which I'm excited to test the platform's features as a use case. Smiley
Rigorous

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:30:05 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 01:45:00 PM by Rigorous
Merited by CHRISBIN702 (2)

This project is beginning to have healthy discussions among its followers and I'm getting more interested in this as I have 2 kids which I'm excited to test the platform's features as a use case. Smiley

If you think about it, parenting has concepts that also exists in economy and politics - just scaled down to a family level.

The Oracle problem I talked about before is something you will experience with URAllowance, id est: how do you translate a real life event into an accurate digital input for the smart contract? For example, when the job is to clean up their room, how do you make sure a dirty room does not result in a green check mark? In this case, the parents are the Oracles. Can they be trusted with themselves? The same goes with logistics projects on the blockchain. How do you make sure a package is indeed correctly delivered in order to signal it was a success to the smart contract? In that case, is the deliverer a trustworthy Oracle, or is there a possibility the deliverer fails to deliver the package while telling the smart contract it was received?

This becomes a lot easier when signals do not have to cross the border between the digital and analog world. For example, a job could consist of a math exam. The solution can be verified by a trustworthy Oracle, a calculator, and sent directly to the smart contract without any human intervention. In fact the calculator can be designed in such a trustworthy way, having no dependency on a centralized, possibly untruthful Oracle, one could say it is a trustless system, because no trust is required for the correctness of the system, other than the trust in the system as a whole.

That last bit may surprise you. Yes, even a trustless system requires a base level of trust. You could go as deep as not trusting 1 + 1 = 2.
Michelle24

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:46:38 PM

If you think about it, parenting has concepts that also exists in economy and politics - just scaled down to a family level.

The Oracle problem I talked about before is something you will experience with URAllowance, id est: how do you translate a real life event into an accurate digital input for the smart contract? For example, when the job is to clean up their room, how do you make sure a dirty room does not result in a green check mark? In this case, the parents are the Oracles. Can they be trusted with themselves? The same goes with logistics projects on the blockchain. How do you make sure a package is indeed correctly delivered in order to signal it was a success to the smart contract? In that case, is the deliverer a trustworthy Oracle, or is there a possibility the deliverer fails to deliver the package while telling the smart contract it was received?

This becomes a lot easier when signals do not have to cross the border between the digital and analog world. For example, a job could consist of a math exam. The solution can be verified by a trustworthy Oracle, a calculator, and sent directly to the smart contract without any human intervention. In fact the calculator can be designed in such a trustworthy way, having no dependency on a centralized, possibly untruthful Oracle, one could say it is a trustless system, because no trust is required for the correctness of the system, other than the trust in the system as a whole.

That last bit may surprise you. Yes, even a trustless system requires a base level of trust. You could go as deep as not trusting 1 + 1 = 2.
Very interesting discussion.
Yes the problem is really the interface between the real world and the digital.
The trust in my case is not the problem, because my child is trusting me to 100%. Grin

levyashin

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:59:01 PM

I get your point about Oracles but if you think about that, Oracles are parents in this program and if they give a duty to their children, it is logical that they will decide whether is it enough or not. Even if you do a ai that can check the jobs and give red or green mark to it, if a parent is irresponsible enough can say "hey don't be sorry here is 200$ for you to spend on pc game, don't tell your mother"

The ultimate thing is parents need to be responsible. If they are not, URAllowance is not a magician. Just a tool for parents to help themselves.

Rigorous

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:36:02 PM

I get your point about Oracles but if you think about that, Oracles are parents in this program and if they give a duty to their children, it is logical that they will decide whether is it enough or not. Even if you do a ai that can check the jobs and give red or green mark to it, if a parent is irresponsible enough can say "hey don't be sorry here is 200$ for you to spend on pc game, don't tell your mother"

The ultimate thing is parents need to be responsible. If they are not, URAllowance is not a magician. Just a tool for parents to help themselves.

That is exactly what I was getting at. The parents are the Oracles.

The modern use of the word oracle has sometimes become bastardized, meaning a good source of information.

In the classical sense oracles were not infallible at all, in fact, the priests deliberately misled people to influence politics, as the oracle's prophecies were understood to be the will of the gods verbatim - yet gibberish under the influence of chemical fumes, and the priests could interpret that gibberish as they pleased.

It is the classical sense of the word oracle, not the modern bastardization, I believe to be the correct meaning in the context of the Oracle problem. It is about the trustworthiness of the conduit, or like Michelle24 said, the interface, between the input and the output.

Bear with me. If you have ever watched an episode of Cesar Millan's Dog Whisperer you may notice he is not so much training the dog as he is teaching the handler. In most cases the handler is the source of the trouble, not the dog. Similarly URAllowance should be teaching the parents, not just their kids.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:51:18 AM

Well in case of a parents child relationship both have to trust each other or there have to be put in specific rules for for example how a cleaned up room has to look like. For example no toys on the floor, not just put into the closet but sorted or what ever. I think in this case there will be some solutions.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
levyashin

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:20:27 AM

The modern use of the word oracle has sometimes become bastardized, meaning a good source of information.

In the classical sense oracles were not infallible at all, in fact, the priests deliberately misled people to influence politics, as the oracle's prophecies were understood to be the will of the gods verbatim - yet gibberish under the influence of chemical fumes, and the priests could interpret that gibberish as they pleased.

It is the classical sense of the word oracle, not the modern bastardization, I believe to be the correct meaning in the context of the Oracle problem. It is about the trustworthiness of the conduit, or like Michelle24 said, the interface, between the input and the output.

Bear with me. If you have ever watched an episode of Cesar Millan's Dog Whisperer you may notice he is not so much training the dog as he is teaching the handler. In most cases the handler is the source of the trouble, not the dog. Similarly URAllowance should be teaching the parents, not just their kids.

Yes but the problem is there is a paradox. If parents think they need to be educated they will educate themselves about this and it wouldn't be an issue for them. The problem is the parents which need education and think they don't need one. This group is something you can't help with an app like this. Being a responsible parent can't be forced. They do or they don't. It is out of URAllowance's area.

lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:05:33 PM
Merited by CHRISBIN702 (1)

I would like to think of it this way, that URAllowance is a project that will further the relationship between parents and kids and will eventually lead to a more harmonious relationship between them. Smiley
CHRISBIN702

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 01:20:12 PM

That's what we are here for. The reason this forum exists is that a very important project was being developed and the creators needed a place to discuss its progress. Thank you for being here and I'm always glad to hear when someone is actually interested in using the URAllowance platform for its intended purpose. This isn't a token that you need to lock away and hoard like a crazy cat lady would her pizza box pizza protectors and soy sauce and towers of junk mail. We encourage that you use the URA for teaching your kids about finance and responsibility. From an economic standpoint, money needs liquidity. It needs to move around. It needs to grow. Us old school crypto nuts are hardwired to hold but I personally have never been a holder. I use cryptocurrency as a currency and I am teaching my son about it as a currency too. Please be sure to report here your experiences when the platform becomes available.

Not for sale.........
Why, how much you got?
CHRISBIN702

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 01:35:07 PM

These are some of the most constructive criticisms I've heard yet. It seems then that "trustless" is a term that is being tossed around rather loosely in the crypto world. Any time humans are involved in the verification process of any event, trust is reintroduced to the equation. Aside from having A.I. controlled surveillance systems connected to smart contracts, the best possible solution I can come up with right here on the spot is... Incentivised honesty and penalized laziness. You have got me thinking. I appreciate your comments. Please stick around. I'm sure as others read this conversation, more ideas and solutions will begin presenting themselves. Thank you, sir.

Not for sale.........
Why, how much you got?
CHRISBIN702

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 01:48:49 PM

Bear with me. If you have ever watched an episode of Cesar Millan's Dog Whisperer you may notice he is not so much training the dog as he is teaching the handler. In most cases, the handler is the source of the trouble, not the dog. Similarly URAllowance should be teaching the parents, not just their kids.

Bingo!! Absolutely correct. That is a huge piece of the URAllowance solution. We are in fact providing the tool that parents use to teach themselves how to teach their kids. As URAllowance matures as a platform, it will also become wiser. The URRules Forum will fill up with useful advice from parents that have been through the process and as time goes on, we all become better and more aware. I can't think of another platform that unites families in such a timeless manner while simultaneously creating real-world economic value and providing education that is also ageless. 

Not for sale.........
Why, how much you got?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: