Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 07:10:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148397 times)
Goldberg007

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:03:09 AM

Maybe he is right from his point of view but I think a  very wealthy man will really say that cryptocurrency is not good. That's because he is already a wealthy person and doesn't need any other type of investment. He may change his mind if his current business or investment suddenly gets bankrupt.
coinbergh

Activity: 532
Merit: 29

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:55:12 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 05:29:19 AM by coinbergh

Bill Gates in 2014: Bitcoin is better than currency in that you don't have to be physically in the same place and, of course, for large transactions, currency can get pretty inconvenient.  -Bloomberg

Bill Gates in 2015: We need things that draw on the revolution of bitcoin, but bitcoin alone is not good enough. -Interview with Backchannel

Bill Gates in 2018: Right now, cryptocurrencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs, so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. -Reddit AMA

- The evolution of Bill Gates's ideas on cryptocurrency.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/19/bill-gates-in-2014-bitcoin-is-better-than-currency.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/27/bill-gates-calls-cryptocurrency-super-risky-in-reddit-ama.html

Gastotade

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:04:45 AM

Bill Gates in 2014: Bitcoin is better than currency in that you don't have to be physically in the same place and, of course, for large transactions, currency can get pretty inconvenient.  -Bloomberg

Bill Gates in 2015: We need things that draw on the revolution of bitcoin, but bitcoin alone is not good enough. - Interview with Backchannel

Bill Gates in 2018: Right now, cryptocurrencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs, so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. -Reddit AMA

- The evolution of Bill Gates's ideas on cryptocurrency.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/19/bill-gates-in-2014-bitcoin-is-better-than-currency.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/27/bill-gates-calls-cryptocurrency-super-risky-in-reddit-ama.html

Lol 😂, this make sense, this are the attitudes of one investor , as long as we get benefits from it then its fine, but when we put in test we got mad. We just need to be patience and have word of honor on this matter. We will only win if we risk.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:08:03 AM

Everyone is subject to his/her opinion, if Bill Gates feel it is bad, then it is his own opinion, if he says they use it to fund terrorism, the question is who are the people selling the weapons?
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 05:22:44 AM
Merited by zumrarthus (1)

The anonymity of cryptocurrencies is so scary not only for Bill gates but also for all governments, none of them wants to share power, money and their influence on people, and cryptocurrencies allow ordinary people to interact without the government's knowledge, raise their standard of living and live in their own pleasure. Of course the most influential people , such as Bill, will express their own bad opinion about cryptocurrencies to convince others of their uselessness
reybaron

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:26:13 AM

If Bill Gates said that crypto currency is bad, then I respect his opinion. But for me it's not bad. There are lots of advantage than disadvantages of crypto  currency.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:42:21 AM

Some how the bill gates is right about bitcoin but if a person is good then the people can use this currency for good things like some of the people are donating crypto t o the charity but for the online payments the crypto is very good option if the crypto is not good to some one they have to show the other best way of online system and the investment purpose. Those who have no employment they are earning a good income if they work for bitcoin and the users are giving work to the users and they are paying in bitcoin.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
regexlove

Activity: 608

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:45:14 AM

because he is old-timers and they need a more stable investment, less risky for this and say that it's all bad  Wink
ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:50:57 AM

Fair enough but bitcoin isn't totally anonymous at all. It's the privacy coins like monero and verge are those that we need to remove from the crypto market.
Omnia Vanitas

Activity: 110

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:37:33 AM

When politicians and big entrepreneurs make statements, it is always better to believe the opposite. If Bill Gates says that the crypto are a bad thing, it means that soon we will find ourselves invaded by Microsoftcoin ...
DigitalFox

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:45:45 AM

A lot of people say Windows sucks and Gates is bad. Must be true as well lol.

creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:48:55 AM

Everyone is subject to his/her opinion, if Bill Gates feel it is bad, then it is his own opinion, if he says they use it to fund terrorism, the question is who are the people selling the weapons?

Exactly, we can say what we want to say but those people are very popular and it can really affect the market by just simple word. Well I hope he changed his mind because for I know, google will make their own cryptocurrency. People say negative things about Bill Gates and his company so I think is fair now.
berytry

Activity: 280
Merit: 18

@berytry

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:49:27 AM

everyone can argue cryptocurrency is bad, because everyone has a different point of view. I think cryptocurrency is very good for the future
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:55:48 AM

everyone can argue cryptocurrency is bad, because everyone has a different point of view. I think cryptocurrency is very good for the future

Bitcoin has many sides it differs for each and every person views so no one is wrong it is everyone decision and their own thought so my opinion is if you want to or if you like to invest in bitcoin or other crypto currencies don't ask about this to others .
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:11:44 PM

He is right from his point of view. But if governments embraced cryptocurrencies rather than fighting against it, it would be better for them and everyone. First of all, I don't know if you met with a shady drug dealer recently but those guys (mostly) aren't that into technology and if you don't know what you're doing, you really aren't hidden, your IP and everything can be found using the core. NSA did some research and learned who Satoshi is/are, as he/them didn't break any laws and have a will to stay hidden, they have no reason nor right to say who but they know. Cryptocurrencies give much more tracking ability if they embrace and regulate it but somehow they can't see this...
Governments are never going to embrace cryptocurrencies it may seem like they are doing that right now but that is not the case they are just trying to find a way to regulate cryptocurrencies and to benefit themselves but soon they'll find out that is impossible and when they finally realize that you will see them banning cryptocurrencies around the world.
A.Bagdad

Activity: 109

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:13:17 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

He's absolutely right about that. Indeed until the government learn how to track them in the mercenary purposes to use it are rare.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
X-avier

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:41:19 AM

There are thousands of such statements from various famous people, but he does not say that they are at least right in everything! They do not decide to be or not to be, but we are ordinary people who believe in this technology and hope that with the help of the blockchain our life will be better, we can influence it!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
minnerETN

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:46:01 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Every person has his own opinion. Bill Gates is a rich and famous billionaire, but i can not according opinion to Bill Gates
hoanghoatham04

Activity: 176

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:48:57 AM

Bill Gates is too old to fit the crypto market and blockchain . He was wrong to say that cypto is bad

Silverstar

Activity: 426
Merit: 102

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:52:52 AM

Yes, it is really difficult because the state will be hard to adapt to the new currency.I think that over time cryptocurrencies will fit well into the financial state apparatus of the world

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: