Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:45:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148389 times)
scarofsilence

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:46:39 PM

I think everybody is telling microsoft sucks and def the Creators update so please fix your own stuff before complaining about crypto
riskarcher

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:55:23 PM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

and John Mcafee says  Bitcoin will to the moon in 2020, especiallny the price will grow 500K USD, if not he will eat his penis. this is seriously argument from people like that. i' surely many speculation about crypto and Bitcoin. what i can say never trust to other people say abaout bitcoin. what we do now keep moving and rock n roll

MOG247

Activity: 223

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:39:03 PM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion. But I hate when you always look at the bad side of a thing without a forensic look on the good side. Every aspect of life has the good and the bad side. So do not take advantage of the bad side to discourage people from investing in cryptocurrency.
oxoxoxox

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:41:54 PM

I guess Bill Gates probably owns a lot of Bitcoins, but you don't know it.
He said that this is just not willing to acknowledge the value of Bitcoin, but it does not mean that he will not invest in Bitcoin.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
kidamazo

Activity: 289

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:47:00 PM

I believe, that Bill Gates certainly has some bitcoins saved for future Smiley the same for every rich person there a the olymp Smiley
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:32:04 AM

was not it bill gates that almost overslept the internet age? now he talks badly about crypto. funny! it seems bill is again to late and almost overslept the crypto age.  Grin
CoinstarF

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:54:52 AM

Crptocurrency is bad to those people who know nothing about this because of the risk. Bill Gates might right but we have our own opinion and if you think you are confident enough with this then go for it after all those big guys will use bitcoin soon and promote their own coins.

We cannot stop the arguments of cryptocurrency wether bad or good yes many says it's a scam but yet they did not experience the inside of  dealings with cryptos we let them think  so that means we are in front liner of investors we knew that Bill gates is a business man many someday he expressed positive words toward crypto currency.
lokanot0

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 03:36:18 AM

Everyone has their own opinion on cryptocurrency. Rich may say it's bad but some rich people may say its good (because they are earning because of it), Poor people may say it's good but some poor people may say bad (because they only rely the information on the news about it.)
emmalewis805

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:39:26 AM

No ! Bill gates false!
dekafee79

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:37:52 AM

I think it is just roumours, I dont believe the negative news about crypto. I have got alot benefit from it. I think soon the tokens will begin to play a role in many people's life and we will see broad adoption.Lets see.
poopbread

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:19:09 PM

I think it is just roumours, I dont believe the negative news about crypto. I have got alot benefit from it. I think soon the tokens will begin to play a role in many people's life and we will see broad adoption.Lets see.
Anonymity is the biggest feature of virtual coins, but if the government wants to really check out the coins it will cost some.
rachelia13

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:08:54 PM

He said that because he believes that anonymity in the virtual currency is not a good thing. He thinks cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin, ethereum, ripple and others help people to conspire in covering up their financial transactions from the state. Gates regretted the abused blockchain revolution for criminal acts of finance, terrorism, and drug trafficking.

Gates's opinion is not entirely wrong. Some state authorities claim that the virtual currency is often misused to fund a number of criminal actions such as money laundering or terrorism. But everyone has their own opinion, and we can not force anyone to believe in something they does not believe in. Good or bad cryptocurrencies it's depends on the opinions of each person.
lightning mcqueen

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:23:11 PM

Yes, iI don't believe in rumors, they just want to let the crypto down and this will not gonna happen because more and more people are using this cryptocurrency.
emmalewis805

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:45:18 PM

Yes, iI don't believe in rumors, they just want to let the crypto down and this will not gonna happen because more and more people are using this cryptocurrency.
I'm too!
akonrupom

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:52:10 PM

Bill Gates is wrong. To be honest, I didn't expect such a shallow response from him. There are thousands of such statements from various famous people, but he does not say that they are at least right in everything! They do not decide to be or not to be, but we are ordinary people who believe in this technology and hope that with the help of the blockchain our life will be better, we can influence it!

But soon the tokens will begin to play a role in many people's life and we will see broad adoption. And the day will come that they will make their own cryptocurrency integrated within their OS.
makalu

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:58:25 PM

Everyone has their own views, Bill gates saying cryptos is bad doesn't make it to be bad,   Only time will tell who is right and wrong.
skelethon

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 02:01:33 PM

Everyone has their own views, Bill gates saying cryptos is bad doesn't make it to be bad,   Only time will tell who is right and wrong.

Well to be fair, Windows is also used for criminal activity. Doesn't mean the whole OS and the company are evil or bad.
ningo

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:05:12 PM

Bill gates became rich through invention so even though he is the world richest man he maybe lacking knowledge in areas like cryptocurrency. Besides being the richest man do not make you an epitome of knowledge.Those who acquire their wealth through investment know the power of block chain.Besides that is his personal opinion.
LancelotRay

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 02:06:34 PM

Bill gates became rich through invention so even though he is the world richest man he maybe lacking knowledge in areas like cryptocurrency. Besides being the richest man do not make you an epitome of knowledge.Those who acquire their wealth through investment know the power of block chain.Besides that is his personal opinion.

Indeed. If anything, he sounds like he fell off, which is unfortunate but what can you do.
cryptomanspbmgdn
Copper Member

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 02:15:32 PM

I think Bill Gates just did not buy very cheap and their statements wants to buy bitcoin at a small price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: