Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:41:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148399 times)
hxtxlcb

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:45:47 AM

Bill Gates is a respectable person. As a successful person, Bill Gates has more knowledge than us, but he does not necessarily understand the cryptocurrency. In his view, cryptocurrencies are scams and MLM.
fracas

Activity: 392

Multiversum

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:51:51 AM

Bill Gates several years ago said Bitcoin is better currency, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIiIXt0rutg.

Moreover Bill Gates, even if it's one of the most succesful businessman in the world, has been wrong many times:
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-dumbest-things-bill-gates-ever-said-2016-4

He was wrong about:
- internet
- Apple
- spam

Many other things that now are so important (good or bad things) in our lives.

Don't forget it has been several years since he is trying to fight Google as search engine, after having lost first mover advantace, with Bing, being unsuccesful too.

Don't take anyone's words as laws or dogmas. Everyone is often wrong.

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
imToken

Merit: 14

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:55:38 AM

Is Bill Gates's statement true? I disagree. This is a money sport. It may be the savior of modern young people. Each developed country has its own economic problems. Gates will not understand the idea of young people.

Commitments

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:59:05 AM

Coud you give your source information where Bill Gate said cryptocurrency is bad for us and for every one ? I know Bill Gate is one of all invetsors have ntersted with cryptocurrency, they have plan to accept by using cryptocurrency with his cmpany, I am not sure is really from Bill Gate statment. I got Bill Gate have said last month he want to participated at cryptocurrency and want to increase their money with cryptocurrency.
mullzerwar

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:59:27 AM

It is his opinion. Everybody can give their opinion and ideas about the cryptocurrency. The difference is that their saying may influence the condition of crypto. The bad news of the crypto really can make the price dropped easily. Many people are not ready with the bad news.
Therefore, we must be wiser. It no needs to think of the bad news. Just think of the ways to make certain strategy in order to gain the profits. Crypto is good when we are doing good.
yeniruieni

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:00:58 AM

It's just the opinion of Bill Gates, and we cannot be swayed by opinions he already had the richness that many reasonable if she said it like it is. Most importantly we work in crypto still get results. And we believe that this is the crypto against fields we find the money.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:02:07 AM

If any of us were Bill,  we would have said the same thing.  If you are one of the few beneficiary of defective and secretive system that benefit only the few and leave the rest of the population high and dry,  you would think twice before you  attack anything that can put you out of business!

Not really, I think if I was Bill, I would be too busy making more money and investing on Bitcoin than giving interviews. Then again, maybe you are right, I would also want to say such things like the way Jamie Dimon did last year. To short Bitcoin, let is go down and buy more of it when it is cheap. Guys like this do not care about the world, they pretend to donate billions after stealing trillions. They know their time is almost over so are doing whatever they can to hold on to what is left.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hermangonza

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:03:59 AM

Bill is bad and the gates foundation is doing some stuff that's worst than crypto could ever do
griga85

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:09:35 AM

I support the author, the movement of the crypto currency must be under the control of the state, but this should be reasonable and honest on both sides
bboyjohn

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:16:48 AM

Bill gates is a very respectable person, thanks to him now everyone can use the computer so easily. I respect what I said, but cryptocurrency and blockchain is the biggest technology of recent years.
We are opening a new era.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Silver_Wost

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:32:17 AM

Bill gates is a very respectable person, thanks to him now everyone can use the computer so easily. I respect what I said, but cryptocurrency and blockchain is the biggest technology of recent years.
We are opening a new era.
maybe bil gates feel jealous with the bitcoin,
hopefully he opened his heart and his eyes if bitcoin will be great in the future later Cheesy
AAlex48

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:46:02 AM

You never really understand what's in their head when they say so.In my opinion, it is not profitable for them that the crypto currency quickly become popular.They have very large assets in traditional markets, they will lose a lot if investors begin to partially switch to the crypto currency.The way out for them is to either take positions in the crypto currency, or keep it at the level without letting it overclock.
ichanjay

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:48:31 AM

I think I've watched a video of Bill gates saying that Bitcon or crypto can't be stopped. He's just saying that Crypto investment is risky just like any other investments given that it's very volatile
Jansaa

Merit: 105

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:48:55 PM

I do not care much about what celebrity spokesperson! I believe in statistical tables, real numbers! do not believe in the feeling
MGBloomz

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:51:50 PM

He is one of the richest people on this planet.
It's just that Billy did not buy bitcoins in 2016, so he's angry. Now he tells everyone that crypto currency is bad. Do not pay attention, the person just did not get on the right train on time.
He did not buy bitcoin when the price was at below $1k and now he is spreading bad news about crypto to distract the attention of the investors and make a panic selling. Once the price goes dip Mr. Bill Gates will enter and buy those Bitcoin at cheaper price. Hold and don't get affected.

verziagra

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:54:18 PM

The possibility of crypto is considered bad because of the frequent hacking and causing the investor crypto to lose its assets. should the party developing the crypto should strengthen the security of the crypto.
stovercrag

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:19:52 AM

Every thing is life has its pros and cons. If they say crypto currency is bad because it is used by criminal, money laundry and for drugs they are not wrong in saying that for some use it for that purpose . Fiat currencies are used by some people for the same bad things . Grin
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:23:36 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

> ANONYMITY
> MONEY LAUNDERING
> TAX EVASION
> TERRORIST FUNDING

THESE are the other side of the coin. People just plunge in the cryptocurrency without even thinking about the risk but just thinks it is just money. Common you guys.

Do you even pay your taxes? Lol you should. Articles and researches also emerge saying that CRYPTO is used to fund TERRORISTS.

It's a crazy world we live in. Deal with everyone's opinions.
hashie

Activity: 322

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:25:17 AM

He's just old for this. He already has billions and a lot of power, and he does not want to lose his power. Therefore, we often hear negative statements from the world's most affluent people

amadawiston1984

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:16:52 AM

I went over his statement, some of them are just true but when you read them all most of it is just his own opinion and there are no basis for it, so still its not also a reason for me to give up on crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: