Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:43:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148397 times)
vickybitcoin

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:19:44 PM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Will personally the way I understand your thought on his statement is you have it all in a negative impression., He did not mean to say that the entire platform is bad he just state his idea on a certain point on the Anonymity part where it could be use negatively because we cant trace the transaction. But he actually did not state he is against bitcoin or cryptocurrency. In some of his interviews about cryptocurrency he even stated the fact of how it has help increase the economy world wide and that it has great potential.
Victorheywhy

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:55:23 PM

Well, I really don't know wat Bill Gate thinks of, but he's entitled to his own opinion, which I respect that. But, I really do not agree with the fact that cryptocurrency is bad. I can't speak of what is giving me profit as bad. That has been my source of livelihood at the moment.
Charity07

Activity: 178
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:59:10 PM

Bill Gates is wrong. Money laundering, drug dealing and tax evasion existed long before cryptocurrencies and I doubt that even now that Crypto even has a 1% market share of those activities. Right now the main use of cryptocurrency is in making it easy for people to crowdfund new businesses and that is a very good thing.
Cianix

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:00:41 PM

Well, a lot of people who express very negatively about the crypto currency and in ico as a whole! but I think many are mistaken

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
anna.cayne

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:19:02 PM

Bill Gates may be right in some ways, but most of us are cryptocurrency-conscious because they can make a profit. And for me this is the most important fact, I can make a profit without breaking the law. Therefore, I believe that the cryptocurrency is good for me and others.
Raven91

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:00:33 PM

Billgates says Bill Gates had previously spoken enthusiastically about Bitcoin
Crypto-currencies are killing people in a "fairly direct way", Microsoft founder Bill Gates has said.

He was referring to the way digital currencies like Bitcoin are used to buy drugs like synthetic opioid fentanyl.

In an "ask me anything" session on news website Reddit, he said that the anonymity of digital currencies meant they were linked to terrorist funding and money laundering.

Some criticised him, saying he was ill-informed about the technology.

We all have different kinds of our opinion, but based on Bill Gates says he has a point but on the other side he is wrong. Because it is not always negative in bitcoin.
Igor.J

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:14:45 PM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Everyone has their own opinion on this matter. I for example, like many on the contrary think that cryptocurrency is good that they are the future. Everyone thinks as he wants.

Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:20:11 PM

More than sure that soon there will be no anonymity in the crypto currency.It is too high uncontrolled and anonymous area.This approach is not acceptable to very different countries

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
cellflash

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:21:39 PM

Bill gate says, “Right now cryptocurrencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way.”
 I think that's why you said that Bill Gates says cryptocurrency is bad.. Anyway, we have to consider his opinion.. Other may refer to their experiences..
For me, cryptocurrency is very useful..  I dont mind what's their opinion about it..
MadSmiles

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:26:38 PM

More than sure that soon there will be no anonymity in the crypto currency.It is too high uncontrolled and anonymous area.This approach is not acceptable to very different countries
If Microsoft purchases GitHub, they will be looking into Bitcoin and other electronic tech as well. I wouldn't worry so much since Bitcoin is open source.
vvaswert

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:27:13 PM

Bill gates opinion is his personal one and it doesn't have any substantial thing to justify he is right or wrong. A person's view cannot be considered that much serious since his understanding of cryptocurrency market may be less or he may be jealous of block chain technology since it made Microsoft and their future to outdated.
sirengutou

Activity: 364

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:09:27 AM

I think Bill Gates justified. However, his speeches can only prove or explain his position. However, things have two sides. As a public thinks of course it is necessary to stand in the so-called light again. This is normal.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
DogmaF10

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:18:35 AM

Bill gates said so because he literally did not need the cryptocurrencies. I mean, why would he interested in here, when he already got what it needs for his own business. When you are one of the richest person in the world, trust me.. it almost likely you can say whatever you have in your mind and yet there are many people will still  believe in you. When you're poor?? man, dont even think..
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:55:46 AM

Everyone has his opinion about crytpo currencies so we should respect them. Many well-known people believe in the capabilities of Crypto currencies in the future so do not worry and keep us started. In the new world of crypto you also need to find out about your entry into the invesment and advanatage / disavantage.

#Support Vanig

Yes, I respect his point of view. However, it seems to me, he does not trust the cryptocurrencies only because he managed to make his capital using some other ways. Now, he simply cares about the other things.
lamacchia

Activity: 342
Merit: 4

LUCRETOKEN.COM

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:00:33 AM

He is not wrong at all, crypto are independent and unable to controlled but let see the positive things about it because if we always look at the negative sides then its not fair at all.

LUCRETOKEN.com ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE
honex2

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 05:20:56 AM

He is sure very correct with his statement about government. The only advantage cryptocurrency is having is the mechanism behind it. , the drivers of cryptocurrency is string the use case is becoming overwhelming. Block chain technology is needed to solve a lot of problems.
lllaqpt

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:25:48 AM

Heavy artillery has come to fruition, his opinion is interesting a year ago, when he was not alone, he most likely placed big money here. And now it's clear that I already managed to deduce and begin to argue as everything is bad, when everything will come back to growth, let's see how he will change his attitude.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:31:33 AM

I think their saying doesn't utter that the cryptocurrency is bad, he said that cryptocurrency is not a good thing. It may be different from the meaning of saying.
Well, cryptocurrency, bad or good, depends on each person that think about it and uses it. For me, cryptocurrency is a good thing because I can get more incomes from it. I can also learn how to be a good trader and investor from this.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
van jones2594

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:34:18 AM

Do not take his (as a public person) words directly. But what conclusions from his words to do, everyone decides for himself.
hermoine

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 05:40:25 AM

He does not even know what cryptocurrency can do for other people yet he keep on saying things like that. Cryptocurrency really helps a lot of people because they always give opportunities for a person to earn something that will help them in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: