Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:46:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148397 times)
ChainWorld

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:27:40 PM

Who fking cares
Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:02:59 PM

there are some reasons why Bill Gates said that, like cryptocurrency has no actual use, other than waiting for its price to increase. there is no other development that is happening in every altcoins, its price will not increase unless the developer or some people will hype its price. that's what I believe.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Sakira72

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:39:04 AM

Yeah i could agree also with billgates but somehow to because we want to earn in a questionable manner that we were able to gamble our money on investing cryptocurrency which is not tangible and out of nothing the people or investors puts it value through its demand. As we all know as the demand arises so does the market price of the crypto and now this is the new trend which is being embraced already by the people who love crypto and that include myself.
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:15:55 PM

bill gates or anyone can say what they think about crypto currency. even if bill gates say that the crypto currency is ugly then it is his right to say so. as long as it does not affect the market price I think it will not be a problem
Sadly people will worrying about his saying, it's like when someone become #1 Rich, all of their saying will automatically become wise in the ears of average joe, even people will always sharing their saying for motivational purpose even the worst too.
I just want people to know that bill gates is a human just like us, people just could ignore someone that says a bad thing about something we like.
I also think like that, who bill gates? whether because he became rich and has a giant company in the field of technology. then what did he say was always right and became the fear of everyone?
Bill Gates is also an ordinary person who can not determine his good or bad crypto currency
timoshani

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

https://imgur.com/1d0UcY0

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:32:50 AM

Sorry, but only one person said about bad future for cryptocurrencies. This is not all. Yes, many people, like me, respect an opinion of such famous and great person in the world of IT-technology as Bill Gates. But we saw after the summit of G8 how leaders of great countries respect a cryptocurrency. They want to take a more control to regulating free transactions. But this fact won't prevent to the future developing of altcoins and main cryptocurrencies.

Mr.Been

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:49:52 AM

I don't fully agree with his decision. Cryptocurrencies in general have a borad usage and anonymity is not the only feature of it. There are people who misuse it for wrong purposes and certain measures can/should be taken against it. But there are quite a whole lot of other things for which cryptocurrencies can be used. If we sum up the amount of illegal activity in cash and that in crypto, I think we know the one out front.
harjiy

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:10:21 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

He is only trying to make a point , but his point is just on the negative side without considering the numerous benefit of crypto
Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:15:15 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

He is only trying to make a point , but his point is just on the negative side without considering the numerous benefit of crypto
Well using his logic then a fiat like USD that's used widely for dealing drugs, buying weapon and many more is bad too, even traditional money like that is untraceable when it comes to physical transaction, cryptocurrency have blockchain that act as a big ledger to save the transaction.
It's really transparent that from the very first transaction still saved, when the address's owned revealed then all their doing will be revealed aswell.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
imopogicute

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:27:24 AM

for me he's one of the richest people working hard to earn a lot of money.
so she thinks the crypto is not good because she just knows and looks at her scam

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
nalaiqpaanda

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:30:28 AM

Not surprised. It's because of projects like Sparkster that are threatening to shut up shop for the Microsofts and the Googles! sparkster lets ordinary people like you and I unleash their creativity by letting them create software through their platform in the easiest possible way. I wrote an article here for a deeper understanding, if interested: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sparkster-future-software-development-faheem-khawaja/

Cheers,
Faheem
Mendy487

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:34:02 AM

Bill gates had his own opinion and that's the kind opinion he have. Yes the cryptocurrency is making a huge impact to the community, but it doesn't mean that is bad also for us. We people know already what is right and wrong. Its up to you if you to decide and form your own personal opinion
Television123

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:53:03 AM

Every one has it's own purpose. they use it on bad thing doesn't mean all will use it in bad ways. cryptocurrency is just looking forward to the future, bill gates is just looking up for negative side doesn't mean that he is right. That is just his personal opinion
Amafunkiest

Activity: 71

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:15:30 PM

That's His view.....yours should be different depending  on your own orientation....
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:54:16 AM

there are some reasons why Bill Gates said that, like cryptocurrency has no actual use, other than waiting for its price to increase. there is no other development that is happening in every altcoins, its price will not increase unless the developer or some people will hype its price. that's what I believe.
The development is massive. Now there are hundreds of ICO to develop the blockchain tech to better life. Loyalty platform, marketplace is under development. Just wait for the changing of econmic ecosistem. With blockchain the community will split from current USD fans. Bill Gates is one of USD holders so he doesn;t like cryptocurrency because his USD should be sold to cyrptocurrency.
hungedu

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:58:48 AM

Each person's perspective depends on the experience. He has no experience with crypto currency, so this view is true of him.
monacous

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:02:13 AM

The risks of  cryptocurrency are very large, you can earn a lot of money or you can lose everything. You can not risk the money that is very important to you!
sanida

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 10:04:59 AM

That is because he gain nothing from it. People get jealous when they see the other doing good.

stobox 
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
◉ ───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin  ─────── ◉
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:07:54 AM

Every thing is life has its pros and cons. If they say crypto currency is bad because it is used by criminal, money laundry and for drugs they are not wrong in saying that for some use it for that purpose . Fiat currencies are used by some people for the same bad things

the reason why they say cryptos are bad , is because they are an anti cypto. these people dont have any experience using a crypto , that is why they are making a false accuse in order to take the cryptos down but i dont think that can possibly happen because most of the population are now using a crypto.

Re: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad

if that is his view about cryptos then lets us just be happy for him. we bitcoin users wont still get affected for it. even if he is an influencial person he cant still posibly stop us from using a crypto.
kennialsyda

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:09:42 AM

Bill gates comments about crypto currency is his own opinion, everybody has his or her own opinion, So Bill gates saying cryptos is bad doesn't make it to be bad, after all they have partnered with some blockchain project.
MinerFTW

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:12:14 AM

Everyone has the right to own opinion. There are quite a number of celebrities who also spoke against the crypto currencies. But it does not bother me personally, and it does not affect my opinion on the crypto currency.  Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████  █████
██
▓███████████████  █  ████████████▓
█████████  ██           ██  ███████
▄█████  ████████  ██████  ███████████▄
████████    ████  ██████  ██  ████████
████████████████  ███ ██  ███         
██████     ████     ████████████████
████████████████  ███ ██████   ██     
▀███████    ████  ███████████████████▀
█████  ████████  ████████████  █████
████████  ██      ████████████████
██████████████████████████  ████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████  ████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: