Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:13:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148389 times)
Bobocantik

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:51:42 PM

I don't consider surprising that the owner of a large corporation is against crypto-currency. I think Bill fears that blockchain technologies can take a significant share of Microsoft. Arguments about the fact that weapons and drugs can be bought for the crypto currency are in general meaningless. Previously, they were bought for fiat currency.

It turns out, the fiat money is also bad one? 
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:01:41 AM

Calm down, everyone refused.
but, eventually they will understand that blockchain is a great discovery. then they will draw their words.
or maybe he's trying to play monopoly with his statement. Grin
OmarGsPools

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:13:58 AM

Of course i agree , we d'on't want these crimes too, of course the government's ability to money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist financing is  a good thing. However, the world isn't a paradise before crypto and these crimes can not be prevented too in the use of fiat money. Bill Gates should emphasize these in his talk.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Luana Trade
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:50:55 AM

IT HAS RAISED AN ENVIRONMENT OF SECURITY AND RELIABILITY BETWEEN THE COMMUNITY BUT I BELIEVE THAT IF I HAVE A BOOK ON CRYPTO NOTHING OF RELEVANCE WILL HAPPEN ON THE WORLD OF THE CRYPTOMOEDAS SINCE THE OPINION OF IT DOES NOT SERVE FOR ANYTHING AND YES IT KNOWS AS CURIOUS AND NOT LIKE WE BREATHE CRYPTOMOIDS ANOTHER SIDE OF DRUG PURCHASES THIS IS BLA BLA BLA POISANTS OF EXISTING BITCOIN ALREADY BUY DRUGS USING THE BANKS
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1617

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 01:11:39 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2018, 02:23:41 AM by Vispilio

Bill Gates is a wholly amoral nerd who should never be taken seriously for his statements on philosophical subjects like ethics and morality.

Gates' own company Microsoft is one of the most heavily criticized in the world for invasion of privacy and breach of individual rights and freedoms.

His monopolistic tactics are backed by the US government interests, so in his foolish statements Gates conveniently forgets that governments and states can also be evil

and therefore must never be prioritized over individual rights and liberties.

celuumk

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:09:31 AM

There will dependably be negative and positive parts of everything. Much the same as a firearm, you can utilize it to shield yourself and family from criminal disapproved of people, the Bad thing is crooks additionally utilize weapon for their wrongdoing. See my point? I am very much aware of it, however the most essential thing is, your inner voice. In the event that you are utilizing crypto for the great, at that point bravo. Crypto alone isn't terrible, It's the individual utilizing it for their guiltiness that is awful.
ThachSanhTp

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:17:57 AM

We should not believe in anything that is on public media. They are all the trap.
Do you remember the last time JP Morgan told about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. He said bitcoin is bad to dump BTC price then he bought it. So funny!
abruchifid

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:20:46 AM

I keep wondering why people keep using the example that bitcoin is used as a means to launder money as an excuse to suppress the use of bitcoin, how about Gold, USD, exotics goods, precious metals,politicians etc..they are also use for same, they too should be banned
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:37:52 AM

I wonder if he already changed his mind now that parties like the SEC and such have looked into the matter. I also wonder if he is already buying in at dips with one of many less visible companies, not tied to MS or himself. I also wonder how long arguments related to the negative aspects will hold. Fiat currencies are also anonymous for criminals, and in absolute numbers it is used for 99,9% of all laundering I would assume. Not sure how long those remarks will hold, especially not when it is starting to become much more approved to incentivice blockchain projects to get innovation going.
philX

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:42:23 AM

All things considered, if Bill Gates says that digital money is terrible it is his own view and each individual has it's very own perspective. What I believe is anything that isn't unsafe to others can't be awful. As is the crypto world which doesn't is by all accounts hurtful to anybody. Or maybe it is useful to such huge numbers of individuals as it has turned into a decent wellspring of wage through innovation.
Uyekyi

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:43:02 AM

Bill Gates has a point though. The crypto world gives the criminals the opportunity to spread criminality without being traced. This is the downside of cryptocurrency. Because of the freedom people are given on making anonymous transactions, crimes are also anonymously done.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:48:09 AM

Well concerning what Bill Gates said there, I know too well that every body is subject to his and her opinion, he has aired his opinion and his opinion cannot determine if crypto is bad or not. Crypto is just an idea and an idea can be positive and negative. But I must say from my own opinion that crypto is a positive idea and is on of the best idea ever exist since the existence of mankind.
bazar111

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:05:49 AM

Many famous people have said about cryptocurrency in this way, but already most of them changed their opinion, such people like Goldman Sucks bank managers, Uoren Baffet, and many other.
bazar111

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:08:13 AM

We should not believe in anything that is on public media. They are all the trap.
Do you remember the last time JP Morgan told about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. He said bitcoin is bad to dump BTC price then he bought it. So funny!

No doubts that they make such things only for their profit, they can easily influence on cryptocurrency prices and buy it for cheap prices. They are not fools and clearly understand about huge perspectives of crypto.
Hendramuliadi

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:21:44 AM

gate bill analysis is correct, but remember cryptocurrency is not just a negative value, such as a tool for committing a crime, illegal purchase, or money laundering, Crypto is also useful to facilitate transactions, I believe in the future Crypto will be better at controlling crime, and crypto will work with the government to block crime in cryptocurrency.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:22:09 AM

No doubts that they make such things only for their profit, they can easily influence on cryptocurrency prices and buy it for cheap prices. They are not fools and clearly understand about huge perspectives of crypto.

Who believes in bitcoin and cryptocurrencies they wont be affected only the traders who are not being updated regularly will always fall on this type of fud and make losses. But it is true that big peoples are earning only by the afraid of lower peoples thinking.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:27:41 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

I respect his opinion about cryptocurrencies. However, he seems to misunderstand about this one. He did have Bitcoin before, but he sold them all. As long you do not understand about the technology behind Bitcoin, you might end up listening to the media regarding the bad news on it. For now, it’s Bill Gates’ point of view about cryptocurrencies and we have to respect that for now. We just don’t stop proving him wrong, that’s all.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
SFMiner

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:29:15 AM

Crptocurrency is terrible to those individuals who know nothing about this in light of the hazard. Bill Gates may right however we have our own particular conclusion and on the off chance that you think you are sufficiently sure with this at that point let it all out after each one of those huge folks will utilize bitcoin soon and advance their own particular coins.
anna.cayne

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:29:39 AM

I think he said he would manufacture a pea so he could buy them dip and hodl for bigger profits. Grin Grin
kostya-smrnv

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:36:39 AM

Crptocurrency is terrible to those individuals who know nothing about this in light of the hazard. Bill Gates may right however we have our own particular conclusion and on the off chance that you think you are sufficiently sure with this at that point let it all out after each one of those huge folks will utilize bitcoin soon and advance their own particular coins.
Agree. The opinions of famous people are more suitable for the inexperienced public. Since you have been working in cryptocurrency for at least a month, you will understand that only your own opinion matters.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: