Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:14:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148397 times)
danfred

Activity: 304
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:34:30 PM

I advise you not to pay attention to such public statements. Of course, this is a very respected person in the world who has achieved impressive success in the world of technology and business. But the whole advantage of the crypto market is that it does not depend on such statements and individual persons, but continues to develop.
Digicoinz

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:18:54 PM

I don't think it's strange at all. Whenever something new emerges, it often has two different voices.
One is to praise and the other is to oppose. However, when these technologies(blockchain) are really accepted by others, these opposition voices will slowly stop.

I totally agree because it is personal opinion of each person is the feeling of each person, you can see that one is true and the other is not, but what profit I will invest.

sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:22:26 PM

No, I don't agree with bill gates at all. He has only a company in his head, and he does not even try to find the pros and cons of cryptocurrency. That's why I don't think it's true.

I reality, Bill Gates is not negative about the cryptocurrencies. Curious, there are the rumors that say he might be Satoshi Nakamoto. This short video is about his attitude towards crypto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6mOUh_NY8M
thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:56:16 PM

at first everyone also said crypto was bad, but finally they also entered into this big vortex. so maybe in a few years, Bill Gates's thinking about crypto will be different. I also thought at first, crypto was an unfavorable investment, but look at this time I am here. My advice is not to believe what people say about Crypto. as long as you still believe, you can definitely make a profit.
willnotwas

Activity: 286

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:57:53 PM

at first everyone also said crypto was bad, but finally they also entered into this big vortex. so maybe in a few years, Bill Gates's thinking about crypto will be different. I also thought at first, crypto was an unfavorable investment, but look at this time I am here. My advice is not to believe what people say about Crypto. as long as you still believe, you can definitely make a profit.
The scams that is joined with a certain coin makes it seem like the coin is a scam. Don't listen to all the junk media stations.
anafiene

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:07:00 PM

That is the opinion of successful people, but it will be different from the opinion of intelligent people. For intelligent people, they will always find new ideas using crypto.
Bill Gates never knew that Crypto was very valuable, he was accustomed to success in Fiat, and could not fully understand Crypto. If he is smart and intelligent he will become a pope and control the bear market with bitcoin.

joybella

Activity: 370
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:10:23 PM

Cryptocurrency is liberation. Regulation is not good having one man control and make decisions for the masses. Everyone should have freedom to spend money as they want.
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:59:35 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

I have to disagree an say that he is wrong, I bet whatever criminal activities that is being carried out with cryptos does not even reach a small percentage of the criminal activities that are being carried out with cash, why does he not say that cash is bad? I just think that he might be mad that he did not think about it first and won't be surprised if he has some hedgefund manager somewhere buying cryptocurrencies for him.
AdamSv

Activity: 189

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:06:37 PM

for the widespread use of coins should not pass a little time.NIR everyone knows about coins and about the crypto world,and not everyone will believe it and agree to it,over time Yes ,it will penetrate into life,but how much is a mystery.
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:13:43 PM

Let's speak frankly, maybe this esteemed person does not quite understand the full value of cryptocurrency, because today she didn’t fully reveal her full potential, so I would probably just stop listening to this respected person. So just say what you need to think with your head.
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:16:56 PM

Bill Gates is an old man, with old thinking, he probably understand how to create a big centralized software but he doesnt understand the opposite, why is decentralization better.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
xyj790204

Activity: 334

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:20:16 PM

I think people are trying to understand now that we need the government to explicitly address the issue of taxation. This space is growing and they cannot ignore the size of the money flowing in space.
oper802

Activity: 406

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 06:37:15 PM

for the widespread use of coins should not pass a little time.NIR everyone knows about coins and about the crypto world,and not everyone will believe it and agree to it,over time Yes ,it will penetrate into life,but how much is a mystery.

Yeah, we can not force others to trust cryptocurrency, too. But we know that this crypto is a good thing for us, it just needs more time to make them believe about crypto. Maybe in the future, by looking in any proofs of crypto, they can see crypto as a good thing for them.

earn20

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:38:08 PM

Just bill gates makes a lot of money on the company, so he believes that cryptocurrency is bad. And those who trade cryptocurrencies believe that trading cryptocurrencies is the best choice.

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1631

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 10:42:39 PM

Of course any entity with tremendous fiat reserves will object to and try to hinder the rise of Crypto Currencies,

and expontentially more so if these said entities have close, backdoor connections to governments and banks...

missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:04:32 AM

Seems like Bill Gates is a bit out of touch with the use case of most coins and tokens. In a way he's right that there's not much legitimate use at the moment besides hoping for price increase. But soon the tokens will begin to play a role in many people's life and we will see broad adoption.

There must be a deep reason why bill gates doesn't want crytocurrency in the world. What important today is the thoughts and mindset of the Crypto users, that makes sense, just continue to do hardwork and do not always depend on the opinion of others.
lepbagong

Activity: 2324
Merit: 121

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:28:47 AM

I cannot oppose the BG statement but all this time I have felt that the cryptocurrency is still very helpful with what I have done even though it is currently in a very sluggish state but it is sure to be good again

r_u_m_s

Activity: 120

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 04:54:07 PM

If we consider the situation in a vacuum, then there is nothing bad in the crypto currency. It can only cause discontent among those who bear losses from it.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:44:04 PM

Cryptocurrency is liberation. Regulation is not good having one man control and make decisions for the masses. Everyone should have freedom to spend money as they want.
Everyone should be able to spend whatever amount of money on whatever coin that they want. Bill Gates does not control anything.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MarchToke

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:50:22 PM

It may be true, and it may be fals too because even Bill Gates is just predicting it and what i strongly believe that nobody really knows what the future will bring for cryptos. So i rather stand what i believe rather than believing someone else's belief.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: