Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:14:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:15:06 AM

Regarding AMT's "miner protection program"; Im quite aware there used to be one, thats why I said "useful" protection program. For those interested, and especially those considering legal steps, here is a copy:
http://web.archive.org/web/20140102235509/http://advancedminers.com/miner-protection-plan/

I ridiculed it at the time, and for good reason; its so vague and ambiguous, its a (bad) joke. It doesnt mention if ROI is expressed in dollar or BTC, its clear as mud as to what timeframe is to be used (the example mentions the "suggested shipment date" as baseline, rather than the actual shipping date), what the upgrade consists off, etc etc. Any 12 year old could have written something more professional than that.

However, in most places, ambiguity is interpreted in favor of the consumer. And there is enough ambiguity in there to get AMT in some serious trouble. By all means show it to your lawyers.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:44:37 PM

the miner protection program we supposedly have was quietly removed some time ago. i do believe AMT should explain how they plan on honoring this but at this junction... who knows. nothing these guys say ever pans out.

It's still there under : What's a coin miner?|
                                                         -> Miner FAQ|
                                                                           -> Miner Protection Plan

That's where it's been since I ordered on 1/31, I'm just wondering where it was before.

It is poorly written as it has been pointed out. The definition guarantee:  a promise to make a product good if it has some defect. (this was the best I found when not dealing with a debtor)

The defect in this case is at least clearly spelled out in the rest of the paragraph. The product is considered defective if you do not make your return on investment.

We can argue what ROI is in this case, but I'd call it the cost of the miner in what ever form of currency you paid. If you paid in bitcoins and you can't make that many bitcoins in 6 months then you get the bumped up machine.

I used a check so if I can't make enough bitcoin in 6 months to convert it into $5595 USD I get the bumped up machine. For those who paid with check we have to figure out if the guarantee is from the price of bitcoin at the date of shipment or at the 6 month mark. I would say that since there is no way to anticipate the cost of bitcoin in the future with reliability that it could be calculated from the price of bitcoin at 12:00am ET as that is where they reside.

On that day they take a look at the difficulty and see if the 1.2 th miner can produce return on investment. If not they calculate how much more hashing power is needed at a minimum to produce ROI and they ship us the corresponding number of upgrade boards for free as covered by the protection plan. Or at least that is what I would have said until they decided to throw the 2.4 and the 3.6 TH miners in the ring. Now that they have machines "being produced" that would be considered "Next Level" should just receive one of those as per the protection plan.

So if bitcoin prices remain low, and the difficulty continues to climb and my suggested ship date of march 31 hits, I should be looking forward to receiving a 2.4 TH miner, which I'll be honest I'm not sure I can run with the power draw it would require. I'd have to rent out a small office somewhere and get electricity and internet setup. My apt complex isn't going to allow me to do any rewiring. But that could help in depending how cheap I could get a place, thought I have quite a few office properties for rent near home, and could possibly get a better business rate on electricity. And it would allow for expansion.

But this little fantasy of mine doesn't happen until I see for sure that they at least attempt to ship miners.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:55:02 PM

So, can we all just quit the whining and treat AMT with respect, at least until they do something to deserve disrespect (other than not responding instantly to every silly allegation here).

Here's the latest disrespect earning episode:

First units ship out on Wednesday guys. We'll make a video of the miner as well and list all details.

They didn't ship on Wednesday, and they haven't owned up to this fact. They are disrespecting their customers by not coming clean with the delays. They deserve no respect.

this is just one more example of MANY where AMT says something and then does not follow through with it. i could easily make the argument 75% of what they say on these boards is an outright lie or misrepresentation. if i dont hear from them today im going to start with Amazon.com. I will be sure to post my invoice and leave them the review they fully deserve. im sick of this shit.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
grumpybearsgirl

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:30:01 PM

hey what am i, chopped liver?! 

LOL Sorry . yes thank you too! =)

We cashed the check and so far so good. Might be into next week before the check fully clears , mind you.

But yes thanks again. We have wedding plans to worry about, we really needed that money invested elsewhere Wink
clenell

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:32:02 PM

due to a high call volume AMT asks that you leave a message!

yep, all week AMT has not answered or returned any phone calls.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
clenell

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:32:19 PM

For those of you interested in pursuing legal routes with AMT miners this will get the ball rolling in Delaware County PA.

http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/consumeraffairs/complaint.pdf

Apparently before I take any further steps I'm being told I must file an official complaint.

rik_khaos

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:39:55 PM

Does anyone know what the status of On-hold is supposed to mean in their system?

I got confirmation over the phone that they had cashed my check on Feb 7th.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:44:54 PM

Does anyone know what the status of On-hold is supposed to mean in their system?

On hold = Waiting for 100% payment confirmation.

(If by check, I imagine they are waiting for the check to actually clear, before updating the status. Being "cashed", and actually "having funds available" from a check is not the same. They could cash it, but you could have "stopped payment", before they were actually credited for the funds. Checks are one of the slowest forms of payments. Also depends how fast your bank actually wires the cashed-check's funds to their bank.)

Send them an e-mail with your information... Account info, order number, and check-status. They may just have to manually update that information.
clenell

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:49:26 PM

why don't you try giving AMT a call?  Grin

rik_khaos

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:06:19 PM

On hold = Waiting for 100% payment confirmation.

(If by check, I imagine they are waiting for the check to actually clear, before updating the status. Being "cashed", and actually "having funds available" from a check is not the same. They could cash it, but you could have "stopped payment", before they were actually credited for the funds. Checks are one of the slowest forms of payments. Also depends how fast your bank actually wires the cashed-check's funds to their bank.)

Send them an e-mail with your information... Account info, order number, and check-status. They may just have to manually update that information.

It was a Cashiers Check that I got from the bank. I imagine I can contact the bank and see if they had received the funds since it was automatically taken from my account the day of getting the check.
I'll pull out my receipt and give them a call.

I will go a head and e-mail. I think I'll just CC every e-mail account they've got and hopefully someone will do something.

Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:18:47 PM

The lack of updates from AMT is incredibly discomforting...

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
clenell

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:30:23 PM

My wife and I have given AMT considerable thought. The only explanation for their current behavior is they are bailing with our money. They either used all our chips for another major purchaser (possibly a financier) and now they have nothing left or they are using the chips themselves and will continue to do so until they feel clients will wait no longer. These are not kids we are dealing with. No "legitimate" company on earth would behave the way AMT is behaving. Either way they are nothing short of crooks. Put the screws to these guys fast and hard and hope for the best. They are not dumb people - clever thieves. Again, I just refuse to believe a legit company would behave like this. In my 40+ years on this earth I have never encountered a company, i was not screwed by, as terrible as AMT.

AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:38:41 PM

Guys,

Calm down. We shot the video yesterday and its at the video product company being formatted and what nut. ORDER 400 TO 500 HAVE BEEN SHIPPED OUT ALREADY!  WE ARE ALL WORKING ON ASSEMBLING  AND SHIPPING MINERS ONLY.

ORDER 500-600 WILL SHIP ON MONDAY TO WEDNSDAY

600 TO 700 WILL SHIP ON WEDNSDAY TO  FRIDAY.

700 TO 800 MONDAY TO WEDNSDAY OF THE FOLLOWING WEEK.

800 TO 900 WEDNSDAY OF THE FOLLOWING WEEK.

AND SO ON.

PLEASE STOP TRASHING OUR COMPANY AS WE ARE ONE OF THE ONLY TWO COMPANIES IN AMERICA THAT ARE SHIPPING TERRAHASH MINERS. THANKS.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:44:12 PM

Guys,

Calm down. We shot the video yesterday and its at the video product company being formatted and what nut. ORDER 400 TO 500 HAVE BEEN SHIPPED OUT ALREADY!  WE ARE ALL WORKING ON ASSEMBLING  AND SHIPPING MINERS ONLY.

600 TO 700 WILL SHIP ON WEDNSDAY TO  FRIDAY.

AND SO ON.

PLEASE STOP TRASHING OUR COMPANY AS WE ARE ONE OF THE ONLY TWO COMPANIES IN AMERICA THAT ARE SHIPPING TERRAHASH MINERS. THANKS.

Ok, thanks for the update.

I have order #961.  Anyone want to buy it from me?  According to AMT it should arrive 2nd week of March!  Asking price 12 BTC!  

AMT will faclitate transaction.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:45:32 PM

Guys,

Calm down. We shot the video yesterday and its at the video product company being formatted and what nut. ORDER 400 TO 500 HAVE BEEN SHIPPED OUT ALREADY!  WE ARE ALL WORKING ON ASSEMBLING  AND SHIPPING MINERS ONLY.

AND SO ON.

LoL

Terrahash "miners"... Instead to focus on the customers pre-orders delivery, AMT is more concerned to resell the competition product.

Roll Eyes
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:46:44 PM

Guys,

AND SO ON.

LoL

Terrahash "miners"... Instead to focus on the customers pre-orders delivery, AMT is more concerned to resell the competition product.

Roll Eyes

Dude!  Will you quit with the trash talking!     I want to sell my miner and you aren't helping with your trash talk!

Go away!!!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:49:19 PM

Dude!  Will you quit with the trash talking!     I want to sell my miner and you aren't helping with your trash talk!

Go away!!!!

Sell what, d00d?

You have no "miner". All you have is an invoice from an unregistered company operating from Bulgaria in USA territory.

LoL
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:50:21 PM

My wife and I have given AMT considerable thought. The only explanation for their current behavior is they are bailing with our money. They either used all our chips for another major purchaser (possibly a financier) and now they have nothing left or they are using the chips themselves and will continue to do so until they feel clients will wait no longer. These are not kids we are dealing with. No "legitimate" company on earth would behave the way AMT is behaving. Either way they are nothing short of crooks. Put the screws to these guys fast and hard and hope for the best. They are not dumb people - clever thieves. Again, I just refuse to believe a legit company would behave like this. In my 40+ years on this earth I have never encountered a company, i was not screwed by, as terrible as AMT.

CRAIG, YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT HARASS OUR COMPANY TO THE FULLEST. YOU HAVE CALLED AND EMAILED EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR THE LAST 30 TO 60 DAYS.

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS. CRAIG LENELL PLACED HIS ORDER IN THE 600 LOT. HE DID NOT PAY FOR HIS ORDER UNTIL 6 WEEKS LATER BECAUSE HE CALLED AND BEGGED TO PAY FOR IT. HE ALSO ALTERED HIS PAYMENT METHOD 4 TIMES DURING THAT PROCESS. HE WANTED TO PAY FOR HIS MINER RIGHT BEFORE IT WAS DUE TO BE DELIVERED INSTEAD OF PRE-ORDERING LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

WE EVEN URGED HIM NOT TO PURCHASE BECAUSE WHEN WE HEAR A CLIENT LIKE CRAIG, THAT DOESNT HAVE EXPERIENCE MINING BITCOIN AND NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED WHAT DIFFICULTY IS WE TELL THEM NOT TO BUY. BECAUSE ALL IN ALL WE KNOW IN CASE OF ANY DELAYS THEY WILL BE THE WORST.
'
CRAIG'S ORDER NUMBER HAS BEEN BUMPED FROM 610 TO 910, BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN HE ACTUALLY PAID FOR HIS MINER - 6 WEEKS LATER - WE HAVE A POLICY THAT YOUR ORDER IS EFFECTIVE ONLY AFTER WE RECEIVE PAYMENT AND IF WE DONT RECEIVE PAYMENT WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF THE ORDER BEING PLACED, THAN YOUR ORDER BECOMES BASICALLY NULL AND VOID.

BUT MOSTLY, BECAUSE HE IS NOW THREATENING OUR COMPANY AND POSTING REVIEWS ON AMAZON FOR PRODUCTS HE NEVER BOUGHT. WE'LL SOON GET THAT REMOVED FROM AMAZON.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:55:22 PM

CRAIG, YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT HARASS OUR COMPANY TO THE FULLEST. YOU HAVE CALLED AND EMAILED EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR THE LAST 30 TO 60 DAYS.

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS. CRAIG LENELL PLACED HIS ORDER IN THE 600 LOT. HE DID NOT PAY FOR HIS ORDER UNTIL 6 WEEKS LATER BECAUSE HE CALLED AND BEGGED TO PAY FOR IT. HE ALSO ALTERED HIS PAYMENT METHOD 4 TIMES DURING THAT PROCESS. HE WANTED TO PAY FOR HIS MINER RIGHT BEFORE IT WAS DUE TO BE DELIVERED INSTEAD OF PRE-ORDERING LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

WE EVEN URGED HIM NOT TO PURCHASE BECAUSE WHEN WE HEAR A CLIENT LIKE CRAIG, THAT DOESNT HAVE EXPERIENCE MINING BITCOIN AND NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED WHAT DIFFICULTY IS WE TELL THEM NOT TO BUY. BECAUSE ALL IN ALL WE KNOW IN CASE OF ANY DELAYS THEY WILL BE THE WORST.
'
CRAIG'S ORDER NUMBER HAS BEEN BUMPED FROM 610 TO 910, BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN HE ACTUALLY PAID FOR HIS MINER - 6 WEEKS LATER - WE HAVE A POLICY THAT YOUR ORDER IS EFFECTIVE ONLY AFTER WE RECEIVE PAYMENT AND IF WE DONT RECEIVE PAYMENT WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF THE ORDER BEING PLACED, THAN YOUR ORDER BECOMES BASICALLY NULL AND VOID.

BUT MOSTLY, BECAUSE HE IS NOW THREATENING OUR COMPANY AND POSTING REVIEWS ON AMAZON FOR PRODUCTS HE NEVER BOUGHT. WE'LL SOON GET THAT REMOVED FROM AMAZON.

Craig... verify if this is indeed true.  Real disaapointed if it is.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:57:12 PM

due to a high call volume AMT asks that you leave a message!

yep, all week AMT has not answered or returned any phone calls.

THAT'S BECAUSE WE HAVE EVERYONE ASSEMBLING AND SHIPPING MINERS.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: