Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:41:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:49:53 PM

How come you guys didn’t buy direct from Bitmine?  I am asking because I am not decided to buy from AMT or just go to the source for end of March delivery as per Bitmine site.  Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.   

they have delivered small miners. however, they have not delivered any of the 1.2TH machines. they also do not answer phone calls, emails or PM's on this site. not even a picture exists of this elusive 1.2th machine.

Jim has answered a purchasing question I had through email. But I was a prospective client still holding on to my coin.  I do have a  Babyjet from Hashfast, I am not at all impressed with the technology. Still 1 wattish per GH at the wall. I would have been better off to keep buying Bitfury.  Pehaps I am going to sit this one out for now.

due to a high call volume AMT asks that you leave a message!

Maybe some in the PA area can go by their office to make sure they haven't packed up and left town?
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:59:58 PM

How come you guys didn’t buy direct from Bitmine?  I am asking because I am not decided to buy from AMT or just go to the source for end of March delivery as per Bitmine site.  Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.   

Have you been in the Bitmine thread? Its not much prettier than here.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:31:31 PM

While what you say is true, there are very important differences worth pointing out; bitmine have demonstrated a working machine, have shown piles and piles of components (not just a few trays of chips), have known and trustworthy people working with them, there is no mystery about their incorporation or their funding (which is very significant),  there are no questions about their technical ability seeing that their self developed chip and PCB actually works (achieving that is quite something else than gluing a few third party PCB's in to an mATX case), etc, etc.

Also not unimportant, Bitmine published specs and they actually seem to have hit them dead on (a first ever for bitcoin asics?), while AMT deliberately misrepresented the specs of those very same chips. Bitmine missed their timing, but unlike AMT, its reasonable to assume they did not expect to, and unlike AMT (and HF, CT, shall we mention BFL?) they actually have a useful miner protection program that guarantees its customers a significant hashrate increase and/or refund policy, going as far as refunding 10% on top of the purchase price.

In short,  Bitmine customers that where promised delivery first week of January should receive ~50% more hashrate than they ordered, some even double their order, and apparently at the promised power efficiency. AMT customers will receive at best the nominal hashrate, at less than half the promised power efficiency and my guess is, long after Bitmine's customers. That is, if AMT customers receive anything at all.
otep

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:43:52 PM

i ordered my 1.2TH/s Coin Miner Order: #492 back on 10/21/2013.  i talked with john.  i talked to him a few times.  online and over the phone.  he seemed like a good guy.  i told him that if they needed help i would like to invest in there company.  he decline the offer.  i have tried like many people to contact AMT with no luck.  would just like my money back.  i could have bought bitcoins and make more money in the up and down.  then i have with $5000 up in the air.  
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:50:21 PM

Alright.... I've had enough.  AMT said they would ship the 1.2 THs unit this week. 

It is Thursday and absolutely no word from them.

I therefore am selling another 1.2Ths.....  Price 11.5 BTC.   AMT will facilitate the trade like they did my previous machine.

Order #961   PM me if interested.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:56:53 PM

i ordered my 1.2TH/s Coin Miner Order: #492 back on 10/21/2013.  i talked with john.  i talked to him a few times.  online and over the phone.  he seemed like a good guy.  i told him that if they needed help i would like to invest in there company.  he decline the offer.  i have tried like many people to contact AMT with no luck.  would just like my money back.  i could have bought bitcoins and make more money in the up and down.  then i have with $5000 up in the air.  

are you sure of the date ordered?
mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:04:10 PM

I am in the high 950's and my order was around 12/09/13. 

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
YourPalToots

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:10:45 PM

I am in the high 950's and my order was around 12/09/13. 

Thank you. I have you on the order list found https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=463922.0
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:26:52 PM

As soon as AMT started posting the shill clenell stopped. Do yourself a favor AMT and fire clenell because he is doing you more damage than good. And to respond to people complaining that they haven't got their miner yet by giving a free miner to someone else seems just wrong, but the "american" marketing never cease to amaze me.

nope... shill clenell is still here. he just has somewhat of a life outside of sitting at a computer 9-5. seeing as i'm a shill i might ask when do i get paid? i might as well  play along.

How's the hashing going on your AMT miners?

sirminesalot

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:37:28 PM

Still waiting to see if Grumpybeargirl received their check...

Also, anyone else that has had communication with anyone from AMT in the few days - please let us know.

Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:13:10 AM

AMT 2.4 THs & 3.2THs Miners are for sale.   Poney up!!
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:15:45 AM

I speak with an attorney in Raleigh next Thursday.

I may end up trying to have a few words with attorney Robert Flynn out of Kansas City. He is leading the lawsuit against BFL. Below is an interesting article.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2014/01/15/leawood-bitcoin-company-faces-lawsuit.html?page=all

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:05:04 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 01:47:44 AM by captin crunch

While what you say is true, there are very important differences worth pointing out; bitmine have demonstrated a working machine, have shown piles and piles of components (not just a few trays of chips), have known and trustworthy people working with them, there is no mystery about their incorporation or their funding (which is very significant),  there are no questions about their technical ability seeing that their self developed chip and PCB actually works (achieving that is quite something else than gluing a few third party PCB's in to an mATX case), etc, etc.

Also not unimportant, Bitmine published specs and they actually seem to have hit them dead on (a first ever for bitcoin asics?), while AMT deliberately misrepresented the specs of those very same chips. Bitmine missed their timing, but unlike AMT, its reasonable to assume they did not expect to, and unlike AMT (and HF, CT, shall we mention BFL?) they actually have a useful miner protection program that guarantees its customers a significant hashrate increase and/or refund policy, going as far as refunding 10% on top of the purchase price.

In short,  Bitmine customers that where promised delivery first week of January should receive ~50% more hashrate than they ordered, some even double their order, and apparently at the promised power efficiency. AMT customers will receive at best the nominal hashrate, at less than half the promised power efficiency and my guess is, long after Bitmine's customers. That is, if AMT customers receive anything at all.

When I ordered my 1.2's (#676 1ea. and #716 2ea.) AMT had a ROI warranty on their site that was similar if not exactly like bitmine.ch but has since also been quietly removed but they have mentioned it here at least twice but going back over their posts I can only find 1 reference remaining

Clients in the first few batches that ordered the 1.2 will be compensated in  for the late delivery, and will be highly rewarded in the future regarding all AMT products.

I refrained from entering this shit storm but cannot refrain any longer.

If and when I receive my machines I am expecting there won't be any room for expansion as all slots should be full of compensated boards and chips.

When I ordered I had a choice of knc or amt. I chose to go with amt mainly for 2 reasons. 1 there delivery schedule made me believe that I had a chance to ROI and still have a month or 2 before the difficulty went so high that the machine would eat electricity faster than it could make bitcoin. (I calculated august and that was with the 300-600 watt estimate) which is the 2nd reason I chose amt over knc. They represented their product as being much more efficient than anything on the market. Now their best power estimate is 3 time higher than when I ordered. I have been in e-mail contact with Jim a couple of times, the last was to inquire if there was a problem with my 2nd order which showed pending a couple weeks after the check was cashed. He assured me the order was fine and processing and that he would change it in the computer. To this day it still says on hold pending. As you all know a couple of weeks ago amt said we would get an e-mail asking about our case preference. that never came. (frankly Im like the other folks that at this point I wouldnt care if they just sent me a bunch of boards wrapped in toilet paper.) Then monday they said tracking numbers and video by wednesday. just 1 more thing on the long list amt has promised but didn't deliver.

If there is anyone on here who is retarded enough to apply for a job with these guys, good luck getting paid or for that matter having a job for more than a few months. For anyone already working there might I suggest a job search in your spare time. I have been in the manufacturing business for more than 35 years (started my ow company when I was 14) and I have seen a lot of people think they could make it only to go under a short time later. it is true 90% of new businesses go under in the 1st 5 years. But of all the start-ups I have seen come and go over the years, (and it has been a lot) none hold a candle to the lack of business skills these guys exhibit. I seriously doubt these guys will be in business by the end of the year. I could be wrong as I have been wrong before but in my experience that is the road they are going down.

To recap i am expecting to be generously compensated for the late delivery and triple power consumption as per the warranty on your website at the time of purchase as well as all who ordered before January and for said compensation to be taken care of before you start filling those 2th orders you advertized for march "guaranteed"
Personally I found that to be an insult to all who have been waiting patiently for any little scrap of info we can get.

Toots
here is some more info for your list.

#676 11/15/13 1ea. 1.2th N
#716 11/22/13 2ea. 1.2th N

#699 11/16/13 1ea. 1.2th N (ordered by a friend who doesn't fallow this forum)(embarrassed to admit after pointing him to there site)

YourPalToots

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:44:27 AM

Toots
here is some more info for your list.

#676 11/15/13 1ea. 1.2th N
#716 11/22/13 2ea. 1.2th N

#699 11/16/13 1ea. 1.2th N (ordered by a friend who doesn't fallow this forum)(embarrassed to admit after pointing him to there site)

Thank you. This information has been added to the order grid found https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=463922.0
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:00:02 AM

the miner protection program we supposedly have was quietly removed some time ago. i do believe AMT should explain how they plan on honoring this but at this junction... who knows. nothing these guys say ever pans out.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
grumpybearsgirl

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:09:50 AM

Alright we have word from eightcylinders that he fedex'd a cashier's check to AMT_Miners and they should have received it last Friday.

We've emailed AMT today inquiring about our refund.

Just keeping the thread updated.

Thanks,

grumpybear and his girl Wink

Well we heard back from AMT_Miners via email today. They gave us a tracking number via FedEx for our refund check, yay! I'll update the thread once more when we receive and successfully deposit the check.

Received the refund check via Fedex today! =) We will cash it tonight. Thanks AMT!
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:40:07 AM

Received the refund check via Fedex today! =) We will cash it tonight. Thanks AMT!

hey what am i, chopped liver?! 

seriously though, I think this episode should at least put to rest the notion that AMT are scammers of some kind.  They received my certified check (which fyi is traceable through bank accounts, which is why real scams don't take anything other than BTC) and very promptly refunded grumpybearsgirl's order (by fed ex no less).

Reviewing the basic facts:

(1) AMT has delivered bitfury products

(2) AMT is the "official" A1 chip distributor in the U.S. Acknowledged online and in this forum.

(3) The A1 chip is real, works and is "out and available" in several places - certainly the official U.S. distributor AMT would have priority access to this.

(4) AMT is based on the U.S., with real offices here (meaning: subject to U.S. laws and courts - which is why I took a chance on them to begin with)

(5) While AMT has been pretty hush hush about its A1 product, certainly less than we would all like, there really cannot be any serious doubt that products are about to be delivered.  If AMT not, AMT's promises of delivery any day now, and repeated assurances of shipment within (or in my case even a little before) the original promised shipment dates ... would be a pretty big outright lie to make ... and given the facts of (1) - (4), I just don't see AMT as outright liars.

That doesn't mean they will make their deadlines exactly, because optimism is really an infectious disease in this industry.  But with chips in hand, software working, and ample time for AMT to do board design and assembly, it should mean they will be close. 

So, can we all just quit the whining and treat AMT with respect, at least until they do something to deserve disrespect (other than not responding instantly to every silly allegation here).

Best regards,

8cyls

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
NaranKPatel

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:49:36 AM

From what I've heard, those that requested tower cases will ship a few days earlier, if you requested rack case, it's delayed by a few days.

where did you hear this?

I got an email from Jim.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:59:41 AM

So, can we all just quit the whining and treat AMT with respect, at least until they do something to deserve disrespect (other than not responding instantly to every silly allegation here).

Here's the latest disrespect earning episode:

First units ship out on Wednesday guys. We'll make a video of the miner as well and list all details.

They didn't ship on Wednesday, and they haven't owned up to this fact. They are disrespecting their customers by not coming clean with the delays. They deserve no respect.

Buy & Hold
sirminesalot

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:07:42 AM

That doesn't mean they will make their deadlines exactly, because optimism is really an infectious disease in this industry.  But with chips in hand, software working, and ample time for AMT to do board design and assembly, it should mean they will be close.  

Best regards,

8cyls

Your over-optimism isn't going to help put everyone here at ease.

You HAVE to admit they have been ridiculous when it comes to updating us on what's going on. Nothing is ever solid coming from them.
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: