Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:37:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
terahasher

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:04:01 AM

What an astonishing concentration of cheer-leading newbie posters in this thread, many of whom claim to have ordered the 1.2TH product:

alsey7:  1 week old account, very first post is a thinly disguised AMT ad
Clenell:  3 week old, took 2 posts in newbie jail before mentioning wanting to buy AMT
Chazaki: 1 week old account, and already "extremely grateful for AMT" as "they are one of the few companies daring to take on this incredibly unstable market." (really?)
NaranKPatel: 2 week old account, second post mentions AMT
YourPalToots: 1 week old account, second post mentions AMT
pierred: 2 week old account, second post mentions AMT
smelly: 2 week old account, took 10 posts before finding this thread. This guy could be legit Smiley
russellthies: relatively old (6 month) account, but inactive (purchased?) until now. First post straight to AMT thread claiming to have bought 2 1.2 TH rigs
lucianoribeiro: 1 day old account, heads straight to this thread
majalen33: 1 week old account. Immediately heads to AMT thread to cheerlead
mrpark: 2 week old account. First newbie thats not a cheerleader (yet?). Might be genuine.
frank754: 1 week old account. Third post is in AMT thread

Now I dont judge people by post count or age of the account, some of the above may be genuine accounts from real people who just happened to stumble upon AMT. But what are the chances of 14 newbies out of a total of maybe 25 posters stumbling upon AMT thread almost immediately after joining this forum, and ordering expensive rigs from a dubious company?

Whats that smell?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/Wash_fish_market.jpg

And sure enough, so far, the only confirmation of AMT shipping anything at all comes from one of those 2 week old members. Confirmation consists of pictures of 3 off the shelve bitfury boards crammed in a PC case, something any one of us could do. Specs cant be right either and for added lulz the machine is reportedly not even working. I guess thats supposed to make it more credible.

Im not ruling out anything at this point, but forgive me for not yet rushing to send my bitcoins to AMT.

Dammit, I always get left out.  Especially by AMT  Undecided
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:13:17 AM

Could they have put out a really convincing ad aimed at rich young guys?

dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 12:56:04 PM

alsey7:  1 week old account, very first post is a thinly disguised AMT ad
Clenell:  3 week old, took 2 posts in newbie jail before mentioning wanting to buy AMT
Chazaki: 1 week old account, and already "extremely grateful for AMT" as "they are one of the few companies daring to take on this incredibly unstable market." (really?)
smelly: 2 week old account, took 10 posts before finding this thread. This guy could be legit Smiley
russellthies: relatively old (6 month) account, but inactive (purchased?) until now. First post straight to AMT thread claiming to have bought 2 1.2 TH rigs
mrpark: 2 week old account. First newbie thats not a cheerleader (yet?). Might be genuine.
mdtspain: 2 weeks old account. Second post in AMT thread claims to have bought 1.2 TH miner.
Burebista: 1 week old account. Second post in AMT thread. not cheerleading, may be genuine
MinerTrain213: 2 weeks old account. Second post cheerleading in AMT thread.

Excellent analysis; I started to do the same thing a few days ago, but after seeing how many shill posts/accounts I'd have to wade through, I lost interest.  Blame it on my ADD.
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:24:22 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 04:12:15 PM by clenell

just wow. you guys are like bitter old men. i understand you  have spent  1/2 of your bitcoin lives getting screwed one way or the other but the level of animosity you display is funny, yet annoying. take that bitterness and go flog some people in the BFL thread. what you Sr. douches fail to recognize is the publicity bitcoins have received in the past couple months. with that publicity comes new people getting into bitcoins and subsequently bitcoin mining. AMT just happened to be starting their company up at that time and made some promises no one else was making. Do you believe people maybe found this website in an effort to vet AMT? Now, here comes the kicker... I may be the new "you" a few months from now. However, at present I am the old "you". I have not been screwed. I am a happy young man free to purchase bitcoin miners without the bias and bitterness that comes with the life you folks have created for yourselves. Until I dont get a miner I will continue to tell you what an idiot you look like. In the meanwhile sit back and relax - watch the show unfold.

My question is this - where was the old guard when you got screwed? Did they warn you constantly and pester as incessantly as yourselves? Did you not listen? Seriously though unless you have hard information to provide may I suggest silence. No one wants to hear your CSI theories - I promise that. Let me take my licks. If I get screwed then so be it. Your "I'm a fucking hero" mentality is laughable at best and seriously annoying at worst. I don't think for one second you post on this thread out of care and concern. I have seen too many peeps come here in an attempt to outright slander AMT. This is a cut throat industry and it's not the mining companies teaching me this lesson.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
clenell

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:51:39 PM

alsey7:  1 week old account, very first post is a thinly disguised AMT ad
Clenell:  3 week old, took 2 posts in newbie jail before mentioning wanting to buy AMT
mdtspain: 2 weeks old account. Second post in AMT thread claims to have bought 1.2 TH miner.
Burebista: 1 week old account. Second post in AMT thread. not cheerleading, may be genuine
MinerTrain213: 2 weeks old account. Second post cheerleading in AMT thread.

Excellent analysis; I started to do the same thing a few days ago, but after seeing how many shill posts/accounts I'd have to wade through, I lost interest.  Blame it on my ADD.

Says the man with a warning in his avatar. Is your advice to be taken with extreme caution as well?  Shocked

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
russellthies

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:52:14 PM

Well Mr. Puppet, I hate that I wasn't able to convince you of my two 1.2 ths purchases from AMT, I need to work harder and be more convincing.  I suspect that once I show evidence of such I will go from being a liar to being stupid.  And let's not get into my other outlandish claims on this post regarding purchases from others companies, I'm feeling guilty enough already, I believe I need to seek out a priest for confession. Undecided
papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:06:37 PM

Ed trice was saying he was from philadelphia,

guys

be careful that these guys are not friend of ed trice or liquid nitrogen overclocking inc

lucianoribeiro

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:25:46 PM

My question is this. amt and a reliable company. after all the things posted here I do not know what to think. Undecided
clenell

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:29:56 PM

My question is this. amt and a reliable company. after all the things posted here I do not know what to think. Undecided

i hope so. there has been one person on these boards who has mad the claim of receiving a miner. I myself am waiting for a miner from them.

Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:48:07 PM

Now I dont judge people by post count or age of the account

Except that is exactly what you are doing... LOL.

I am not in any way affiliated with AMT. You thinking that I am is pretty funny actually. I wonder how long you're going to keep thinking everyone who has a small number of posts or is a newly founded account is associated with AMT. Its rather sad that you consider everyone to be a part of this grand "conspiracy".

Everything I said in my post is the truth. Take it or leave it. I am thrilled that AMT is shipping and am excited theres another company to challenge the market. If you want to continue with your negativity, don't aim it towards other members of this forum. Thats how you tarnish YOUR reputation. Instead focus on something more productive.

It is sad the amount of member-to-member attacking that goes on here. And you wonder why people don't want to post pictures or proof on here?

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:11:37 PM

I am not in any way affiliated with AMT. You thinking that I am is pretty funny actually. I wonder how long you're going to keep thinking everyone who has a small number of posts or is a newly founded account is associated with AMT. Its rather sad that you consider everyone to be a part of this grand "conspiracy".

Im not accusing anyone of anything, and I dont judge anyone individually based on post count. I even said there were bound to be some "real newbies" who did (or didnt) order fromAMT.  However, I do look at the facts, and overall it paints a picture. One that seems statistically unlikely. Feel free draw conclusions from that, or ignore it.

just wow. you guys are like bitter old men. i understand you  have spent  1/2 of your bitcoin lives getting screwed one way or the other but the level of animosity you display is funny, yet annoying.

If you're really interested,  Ive not been scammed once so far, nor do I remember ever identifying a business as a scam that turned out to be legitimate. Ive been called annoying before, but I dont remember being called that *and* being proven incorrect.

For the record, Im not yet asserting AMT is a scam, but there are enough indications that warrant extra caution.
alsey7

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:05:28 PM

about my first post about amt is because.
  Yes i'm late to the party but doing my homework reading reading and reading about bitcoin. Yes its possible to make some money. but you have to spend money to make money. At first i
know its only to take months to earn a profit. My best bet bitcoin will finally settle to $500.00 usd

I've spend a lot of time reading about how to and setup a bitcoin miner its easy its not complex like changing Magic Lantern code ( my other hobby for my DSLR )

I went here because i read a lot about wait time about Companies not promising on a scheduled time frame. BFL and AMT I really want to buy a AMT because CC option but there hardware, well its not popular like BFL. I might end up buying off Ebay because of protection for my money. When AMT finally accepts CC payment 24/7 then i will throw them my money to them.

Yes i;m willing to wait if i know my investment is protected. I will never Wire someone Money. Might as well send money  to my unknown rich relative in Nigeria, that promises me 10 million if i send 5,000 for processing.fee.
clenell

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:17:33 PM

Im not accusing anyone of anything, and I dont judge anyone individually based on post count. I even said there were bound to be some "real newbies" who did (or didnt) order fromAMT.  However, I do look at the facts, and overall it paints a picture. One that seems statistically unlikely. Feel free draw conclusions from that, or ignore it.

just wow. you guys are like bitter old men. i understand you  have spent  1/2 of your bitcoin lives getting screwed one way or the other but the level of animosity you display is funny, yet annoying.

If you're really interested,  Ive not been scammed once so far, nor do I remember ever identifying a business as a scam that turned out to be legitimate. Ive been called annoying before, but I dont remember being called that *and* being proven incorrect.

For the record, Im not yet asserting AMT is a scam, but there are enough indications that warrant extra caution.

seriously? so dave111223 misunderstood you as well? do you take everyone as an idiot or are you just insulting this thread's intelligence? you accused people of a conspiracy the moment you listed all those names (dave111223 obviously agrees). secondly, when you open up with a confession " I don't judge" and then proceed to do the very thing you argue against you look less than intelligent. Third, so you say haven't been burned yet in this industry... great I applaud you. Now, please stop the "captain save a ho" antics and play hero on another thread. No one wants to play CSI with you.

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:21:59 PM

@Puppet

You are funny --- next
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:37:06 PM

seriously? so dave111223 misunderstood you as well? do you take everyone as an idiot or are you just insulting this thread's intelligence?

russellthies

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:43:42 PM

Ok, Ladies and Gentleman (oh, and you too Puppet), I have a question.  Perhaps I've overlooked this in the thread, but I don't think so.  How has AMT gotten Bitmine in on the scam?  I mean they have announced an exclusive agreement with them in the US, so are they just hijacking the Bitmine name and Bitmine hasn't gotten around to disputing the AMT claim?  What's the conspiracy claim regarding that?
clenell

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:47:09 PM

so, puppet... because dave and yourself wear the same tinfoil hat an accusatory stance is justified? nothing left to say i think.  Roll Eyes

you win.

clenell

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:48:50 PM

Ok, Ladies and Gentleman (oh, and you too Puppet), I have a question.  Perhaps I've overlooked this in the thread, but I don't think so.  How has AMT gotten Bitmine in on the scam?  I mean they have announced an exclusive agreement with them in the US, so are they just hijacking the Bitmine name and Bitmine hasn't gotten around to disputing the AMT claim?  What's the conspiracy claim regarding that?

this should be good. more tinfoil hat theories from the Sr. poster  Shocked maybe he should have included Bitmine in his list of people involved in this big conspiracy?

YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:56:42 PM

I'm still waiting on my masonic username decoder ring.
clenell

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:57:44 PM

"crickets"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: