Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:14:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheating in bounty programs  (Read 2200 times)
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:23:59 PM

There are many reasons why they cheat, but mostly is because they have not achieved their objectives and then are not willing to pay the promoters. It seems that in this world it has to be someonelses fault always.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thewalkinggoat

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:50:47 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2019, 05:35:12 PM by thewalkinggoat

anntlevel

Activity: 286
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:41:27 PM

Do you think that some bounty programs cheat because they do not want to pay bounty hunters by bringing out things to do at they end of bounty campaign? Share your thought or experience.

Unfortunately, recently this happens more often. Some companies do not want to pay tokens bounty hunters for their work. But they do not understand that in the end they will only get worse from this. Their reputation will suffer. And they will lose more from this than they will gain.
Yeah, such an act will obviously paint a very bad image about the project and I am sure it has affected so many projects like that in the past. No sane investor in the long run will want to take serious the developers that ended up not paying those that worked for them and I apparently trust the hunters to use the same medium they used in promoting the project to tarnish the image of the project anyway.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1492
Merit: 328

🐪

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 07:01:36 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 07:20:51 PM by ovcijisir

Of course, some campaigns turn into a scam, and not paying for the work to promote the project, however, the community is a force that can influence the project. Btw, what successful ICO was not paid the rewards? And at the same time look at the scam from the side of the participants: https://etherscan.io/address/0x9617292336b588b5bb174c5e845455400d907471#tokentxns Do you think you can earn a lot if together with you in a social campaign is multi accounts of 100-200 participants?

Oh My God, how can he even manage a 150 account or even more! Unbelievable
Now i just want every bounty to apply that KYC, That's why we're earning nothing!!

Probably his job is just bounty hunter. I totally agreed, i also suppose to every bounty should want KYC for all participants but not just with passport!!. As one of member said that above, everybody doesn't have passport. Even that if possible they also need to check all participations with MAC based scan, just ip scan is not enough!

First thought it's a bounty hunter wallet but how can he manage this number of accounts like 150 to 200, No one can!!
But a bounty manager can add stakes without reports on his accounts, it's more likely a bounty manager
LMAO,thats why most of the participants arent receiveing good stakes after working for months,that is indeed impossible because you cannot use hundreds of accounts in one campaign because you will surely be detected,that is indeed the manager's account because if that is just hunter's account he will be detected immediately from the start.

Just checked some of these addresses on utrust SpreedSheet, none of them reported a thing and there a brand new account between them also!!

I just checked too, and i see on spreadsheet every tries of mine? Im pretty convince that this one is bounty hunter's wallet, maybe not operated just one person but almost every wallet has same tokens. and for utrust, seems he/they join telegram and twitter bounties.

It's social bounties like Facebook and Twitter and these campaigns needs reports on the thread, and the address's i checked never made any reports!

I belive this address 0x9617292336b588b5bb174c5e845455400d907471 is part of the scam.

My opinion is that it is used in Telegram bounties and that they use dead Bitcointalk accounts to participate.

You can see, for example, scam bounty participants in Tihosay Telegram bounty. Open table and go to Telegram tab. Scam members are:
redpumk1n, with ETH address
btcguys, with ETH address
BeardedCouncil, with ETH address

You can observe that all three participants sent their tokens to address 0x9617292336b588b5bb174c5e845455400d907471.
There are probably much more scam participants in that bounty, but I noticed that three guys by accident.

Bitcointalk accounts redpumk1n and  BeardedCouncil were last active in 2014/2015. I belive scam members are using unactive accounts to participate in telegram bounty.
They probably use bots to apply to Telegram bounty channels, and when tokens from bounty come they send them to address 0x9617292336b588b5bb174c5e845455400d907471.

This address has over 50.000$ worth of tokens!
Also observe how tokens come in "bursts" - here are token transfers. There are over 200 addresses that send their tokens to that address.

Scammers like that take tokens from other bounty participants, and it is no wonder that on some Telegram bounties there have over 10.000 participants. Wonder how much of this are scam participants.

Things like this can be stopped by using "Proof of authentication post" on every Telegram campaign.

celtic99

Activity: 364
Merit: 41

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:45:00 PM

In my experience the bounty managers are just as likely to scam you and try to take away your stakes at the end of the campaign.
DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:36:21 PM

Look the Official DIW bounty Program ........ ( My bounty campaign  Grin)

Ann Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2682890.0

Is a good project .......It's an honest rewards program and it's paying well.
Harley Quinn

Activity: 164

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:13:22 PM

Unfortunately there is a lot of unfair treatment in this regard. Some bounty hunters don't want to deal with the hassle of KYC but then they do the work and at the end of a few weeks of work the campaign suddenly requires KYC. I have seen this happen to friends and they have been very upset about it. I think terms should stay as advertised, otherwise campaigns are using people unfairly for their promotion labour.
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:18:15 PM

yeah i have exxperienced it several times. They dont want to distribute bounty rewards because they are scared of a dump or sometimes they just do it because they are careless. So pity for participants. and most of the times bounty managers can not do anything as well because they are not part of the project team...
Niobeh

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:23:27 PM

Do you think that some bounty programs cheat because they do not want to pay bounty hunters by bringing out things to do at they end of bounty campaign? Share your thought or experience.
For me cheating bounty programs can make your Project un proven for the best opportunity then less participants plus less opportunity for an investors to invest the project.

Skroojee

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:27:35 PM

In most cases, the money for the bounty of the company is paid. But the case that indeed can not count your participation, or share of for week. Managers can change the rules at the last moment when you do not expect.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
sserge009

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:28:24 PM

This is quite possible. Especially if it's tweeting or facebook campaigns, where the counting of stacks is much more difficult than in the signature campaign. It remains only to count everything yourself or choose campaigns from managers who are trustworthy.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
IloveDigibyte

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:13:42 PM

Yes, it is possible, but I don't think it is a good idea. Reputation is everything for a company that raises money and if they hurt their bounty hunters, then all of the bounty hunters can turn against them and ruin their reputation.

jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:22:19 PM

as i read the post of this thread about kyc abd passport as requirements before giving rewards, Is it rightful to us bounty hunter? I mean if you require passport then some could be able to get their rewards because some of them are just college students, no work just in the house or bystanders and etc. that are joining bounty campaigns but had no passport. there should have another way in proving identity if it really requires before giving the rewards. for me it is not rightful if this is being prevailed by the bouny managers and they are also worst than a scam ever. Greedy people will mostly not successful.
Verde_Mantis

Activity: 336
Merit: 52

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:26:34 PM

I'm not sure if the problem actually is the bounty program (run by the devs) rather than the bounty manager or the people who actually manage that specific bounty. I', new here but following several threads I often read complains, looks like people want to make things harder on purpose, like if the tokens were theirs...
rama666

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:32:09 PM

Of course, most often all awards are paid. But it was already a habit at the end of the campaign to cut rewards many times and say that the economy of the project has changed. This applies to fairly well-known projects. Apparently a very toad smothers, especially when they collected more money than they wanted
roshanfious

Activity: 263

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:01:21 PM

Of course, most often all awards are paid. But it was already a habit at the end of the campaign to cut rewards many times and say that the economy of the project has changed. This applies to fairly well-known projects. Apparently a very toad smothers, especially when they collected more money than they wanted
Yea, i think we actually can't do anything about on the passed cheating , we should focus to figure the way out that we could stop cheating on bounty program so people could have a fair reward for their efforts.
And it should applies to every single project than only the big ones.
CryptoBalds

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:30:34 AM

Yeah we encounter sometimes this kind of ICO or Camp manager that are cheating or not paying the respective stake or tokens into the participants. If they really dont pay or give you the worth of your work you can submit a scam accusations to the team and manager in this very forum so the admins and moderator see what will do in this kind of situations

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Yari_k

Activity: 70
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:43:10 AM

This is one interesting project. As for me, he is the best and most promising for the rest of Bounty. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3183600.0
bbq6

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:11:30 AM

This kind of situation rarely occurs. If such a situation is encountered, then it is revealed that more people will know their scam so that they can no longer encrypt the development of the market. They should receive such punishment.
shahani

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:30:11 AM

Hopefully this would not happened to me, because I'm a new in this particular business, and this is my second time join a campaign, but as what mentor says, that this campaign that I joined is a trusted one, which the the campaign manager is have a long experience of being a campaign manager with good record services. Because as what my friend says that there are few campaigns which is a form by a group of scammers and cheaters.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: