Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:49:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net  (Read 409417 times)
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:40:33 PM

Hello,

Just for my information, how it could be, that the net hashrate increased so much without so many difference on workers amount?
We are talking here about like maybe few new workers with some TH/s each, where even the upcoming asic Baikal Giant B promises something like 0.16TH/s on this algo.
I don't know that much how it's working, but just for science, i'm interested about some obvious reasons x)
Thanks,

Min order on the Baikal Giant B is 6 units and they dont work out of the box so more than likely the people who have them working are larger miners like this guy https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/68169

you have missed the 100GH/s network days they are now over  Shocked

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitpotter

Activity: 1451
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:45:33 PM

This may still be the beginning of difficulty increase. If blakecoin continues to gain attention, and the Baikal asics are made to work correctly, the difficulty could be 100x by end of year. Keep mining and hold, even if it seems not worth it now it will be later.

If the difficulty reaches 100x it becomes terrible and everything should endure to close the line, hopefully it will be fine later and nothing bad happens.
Neshdan

Activity: 67
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:13:50 AM

Hello,

Just for my information, how it could be, that the net hashrate increased so much without so many difference on workers amount?
We are talking here about like maybe few new workers with some TH/s each, where even the upcoming asic Baikal Giant B promises something like 0.16TH/s on this algo.
I don't know that much how it's working, but just for science, i'm interested about some obvious reasons x)
Thanks,

Min order on the Baikal Giant B is 6 units and they dont work out of the box so more than likely the people who have them working are larger miners like this guy https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/68169

you have missed the 100GH/s network days they are now over  Shocked

I asked them too, 6 units min order @ $7k each unit. Lets see where it goes in the future. My intension is to keep part of the Blakecoin-universe, but as it is more a hobby to me, this is just unaffordable.

What i am asking myself - the hashrate is high at the moment and maybe will raise further, if other guys get the Giant B working for Blakecoin & the others. As many of the big guys are switching per profitability, wouldnt that impact the network stability? So short times with very fast blocks, when profitability is good for them and they switched to BLC and long times with very slow blocks when they turned to another algo and diff has to lower again until it will be profitable to them to mine BLC. How much would that impact the usability? Does it really secure the chain, if a few huge (in relation to the FPGA times) guys are digging it? I thought its not only hashpower that secures the chain, but more the distribution/spread of the hashpower.

The other thingy... what to do with the poor poor FPGAs Cheesy atm i have no idea - as long as they run with a slight negative outcome its ok for me to leave them running on BLC - but later... phew
teknohog

Activity: 519
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 11:33:31 AM

The other thingy... what to do with the poor poor FPGAs Cheesy atm i have no idea - as long as they run with a slight negative outcome its ok for me to leave them running on BLC - but later... phew

I was also worried about FPGA profitability, and for BLC only it doesn't look good. However, other coins on the merge pools such as PHO remain quite profitable, so in total this is still worth it.

I've done some FPGA development in the past and I believe I could find other uses for them besides mining. But last time I checked, the Spartan 6s in the Ztex boards cannot be programmed with free tools, you need to buy a license.

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
sidgrip

Activity: 211
Merit: 119

Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 04:03:27 PM

As a long time fan & miner of the blake256 eco system I never let cost negate my decision when supporting this network. I have been and still currently mining with over 50 fpga's load balanced across all three pools Grin

The Blake256 algo was designed to be very asic friendly, this is just the beginning of something very cool.  There will be the growing pains that come with solid projects, but I see the hype/price & hash rates dying down since most people are impatient.

I am quite happy that there is an asics/fpga available for the blake256 8 round algo once you modify the sgminer for it to work. I did buy 3 Giant B miners from their first batch with a group buy, I have yet to modify the sgminer stuff as I kinda forgot how to do it.  Tongue

BLAKEZONE Crypto Gaming Platform --- Mine While you Game Blake256 Merged Mining Pools: LA1 - NY2/AT1 - EU3  Why mine one coin when you can mine six at a once! Cool
For the latest info & updates --> Blake Community Telegram     BCT Blakecoin thread     Blakecoin.org     Twitter     Rent Mining Hash for BlakeCoin & Photon -->  Mining Rig Rentals
eric3446

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 05:01:02 AM

Hi, guys. Looking for a bit of help here with my low hashrate. I'm just trying to mine on a PC at the moment with a AMD Radeon R9 360, but I'm only getting a hashrate of between 750-800 Mh/s. If anyone has any ideas to help that, I would appreciate it.
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 11:44:09 AM

Hi, guys. Looking for a bit of help here with my low hashrate. I'm just trying to mine on a PC at the moment with a AMD Radeon R9 360, but I'm only getting a hashrate of between 750-800 Mh/s. If anyone has any ideas to help that, I would appreciate it.

I think for that card the hashrate might be right

Tip: Blake256 does not use much memory lower the ram mhz and raise gpu core mhz

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
eric3446

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 01:25:53 PM

I think for that card the hashrate might be right

Tip: Blake256 does not use much memory lower the ram mhz and raise gpu core mhz

I'll try that suggestion, but it does seem I'll just have trouble on this desktop with the mining. If I can't keep an active worker at 800mh/s, how high does it need to be to have a consistent active worker?

Thanks for your help!
vindermarch

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:36:37 PM

Dev, I just wanted to ask, I think a big project like BlakeCoin is very good, but why do not you make an interesting appearance? Let me make people without a doubt follow your project. At least people are interested in the first sight. Sorry, that's just a suggestion.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 01:41:03 PM

Dev, I just wanted to ask, I think a big project like BlakeCoin is very good, but why do not you make an interesting appearance? Let me make people without a doubt follow your project. At least people are interested in the first sight. Sorry, that's just a suggestion.

no I went to first satoshi square london it was a total waste of my time  Undecided

electroncoin

Activity: 11
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:43:22 AM
Merited by BlueDragon747 (3), TheKingInYellow (1), sidgrip (1)

Dear Blake community members,

My old bitcointalk account electron-coin is locked, and I have not been able to get it reset.  Apparently I never posted a BTC address to be able to sign a message for the unlock.  So from now on I will be posting with this new account. I will move the Electron ELT announcement page to a new thread at some point, but this is really the main thread for the blake merged coins anyway.

I have seen some very nice comments re BlakeTrader. I appreciate that. I don't anticipate I will bring it back though. I think it is important to support the exchanges. In that regard, I want to thank C-PATEX for adding Electron and all the Blake merged coins. https://c-patex.com/

As to the tip bot, it was fun to interact with the core community members, but I am not sure if Twitter is the ideal platform for tipping. If there is enough community interest, I may bring back another tipping bot at some point.

For now, I will be working on mostly back end stuff to strength the network.  I think we have a really nice model moving forward with the merge. Some coins will stop inflating soon, but can keep difficulty up and transaction costs down with the merge. Some coins in the family will keep producing rewards to keep the miners happy and the network healthy.  

Finally, I want to thank Blue, CC, and John for keeping the pool, network, and development moving forward. You have my full support.

We have a great community and thank you to all the community members!  

Signed:

Artie
Dev for Electron, BlakeTrader, and @tipElectron

Signature:

ILhJAJe7kpThnYl/7AtJ6i03hKPc/o3FZ9KNCaztSIV+7jEo6KLXw6C+8DT/eSTTpyVyZUxie4xEETLKgDbjFF8=

Signed with original Electron development donation addr e3ryMgHjr2wrAjRohiJyv7y5vpN4Er4u7g https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624595.0
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 11:38:12 AM

My old bitcointalk account electron-coin is locked, and I have not been able to get it reset.  Apparently I never posted a BTC address to be able to sign a message for the unlock.  So from now on I will be posting with this new account. I will move the Electron ELT announcement page to a new thread at some point, but this is really the main thread for the blake merged coins anyway.

I have seen some very nice comments re BlakeTrader. I appreciate that. I don't anticipate I will bring it back though. I think it is important to support the exchanges. In that regard, I want to thank C-PATEX for adding Electron and all the Blake merged coins. https://c-patex.com/

As to the tip bot, it was fun to interact with the core community members, but I am not sure if Twitter is the ideal platform for tipping. If there is enough community interest, I may bring back another tipping bot at some point.

For now, I will be working on mostly back end stuff to strength the network.  I think we have a really nice model moving forward with the merge. Some coins will stop inflating soon, but can keep difficulty up and transaction costs down with the merge. Some coins in the family will keep producing rewards to keep the miners happy and the network healthy.  

Finally, I want to thank Blue, CC, and John for keeping the pool, network, and development moving forward. You have my full support.

Signed:

Artie

Signature:

ILhJAJe7kpThnYl/7AtJ6i03hKPc/o3FZ9KNCaztSIV+7jEo6KLXw6C+8DT/eSTTpyVyZUxie4xEETLKgDbjFF8=

Signed with original Electron development donation addr e3ryMgHjr2wrAjRohiJyv7y5vpN4Er4u7g https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624595.0

I can confirm this is Electron/ELT Dev

shame about your old account  Cry

TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:10:00 PM

Signed:

Artie

Signature:

I've been collecting electron since it got added to c-patex, glad to see you back!

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
electroncoin

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:59:53 PM

Thanks! It's good to be back!
I have been working on a big coding project irl that I think will spin off into 3 good projects for Blake merged coins. But these are long term projects so can't provide deets yet. But there is a few things to clean up first, like a new ann page, new site, coin clients, etc...
blakewhale

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:11:41 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2018, 06:25:30 PM by blakewhale

# begin signed message

I am encouraged by recent efforts of the blakecoin family developers to get rid of scammers, and take control of messaging around the blakecoin project. One of the most important things for any community is to decide who is a part of it, and who is to be excluded. Clearly it is better to be part of a community that values honesty and integrity over a quick profit.

At the same time, it is important for digital assets to find a healthy market -- price is definitely an issue, as much as we may pretend it is not. Many of the early participants are very patient and willing to wait indefinitely for this to develop. But develop it must, and we should all do our part -- provided we can do so without violating fundamental community and general moral principles.

Therefore, to foster price certainty, I commit not to sell my blakecoins at a price in any currency less than 1 USD equivalent; and not to sell more than 100k blakecoins per day. This commitment is good until July 1, 2019 (unless extended). No extension is valid unless signed with this wallet key. This commitment locks up approximately 2.3mm blakecoins. If any of the other large wallet holders want to make similar commitments, you are welcome to do so. Please make sure you are prepared to honor your commitments -- don't promise anything you will not be able to stand behind when tempted with immediate liquidity.

My hope is that this, and other, commitments will help foster a stable market for blakecoin and its merge-mined clones, and that this stable market will foster the ongoing efforts of open source developers as well as other community members.

Thank you

Blakewhale
BoKzY6D2yTRCkmScPqMRSAx6rG1Z9Wd1D8

# end signed message

edit: sig:  H0BScyhRm/eCQiSPVvQta6f5VNel0wuybyv7mCbQDnsUNnH/RoahBcq54F+NS38r4klYgAXgUOGIKqrOnyhLxKk=

Verify full text within blc client including the # tags and begin/end text
electroncoin

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:56:11 AM

Hi Blakewhale,
Thanks for you pledge. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the client to verify your message. Probably best to put the message into code tags.
Code:
-----BEGIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

-----END SIGNED MESSAGE-----

https://imgur.com/BBAawV9
blakewhale

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:21:11 AM

Sure, re-pasted message below. I did not re-sign, as I had no issues verifying in my qt client after pasting the text from this forum. Maybe there's an extra character somewhere in your copy? If further issues I will rely on some other good Samaritan to test this out.

Hi Blakewhale,
Thanks for you pledge. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the client to verify your message. Probably best to put the message into code tags.
Code:
-----BEGIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
# begin signed message

I am encouraged by recent efforts of the blakecoin family developers to get rid of scammers, and take control of messaging around the blakecoin project. One of the most important things for any community is to decide who is a part of it, and who is to be excluded. Clearly it is better to be part of a community that values honesty and integrity over a quick profit.

At the same time, it is important for digital assets to find a healthy market -- price is definitely an issue, as much as we may pretend it is not. Many of the early participants are very patient and willing to wait indefinitely for this to develop. But develop it must, and we should all do our part -- provided we can do so without violating fundamental community and general moral principles.

Therefore, to foster price certainty, I commit not to sell my blakecoins at a price in any currency less than 1 USD equivalent; and not to sell more than 100k blakecoins per day. This commitment is good until July 1, 2019 (unless extended). No extension is valid unless signed with this wallet key. This commitment locks up approximately 2.3mm blakecoins. If any of the other large wallet holders want to make similar commitments, you are welcome to do so. Please make sure you are prepared to honor your commitments -- don't promise anything you will not be able to stand behind when tempted with immediate liquidity.

My hope is that this, and other, commitments will help foster a stable market for blakecoin and its merge-mined clones, and that this stable market will foster the ongoing efforts of open source developers as well as other community members.

Thank you

Blakewhale
BoKzY6D2yTRCkmScPqMRSAx6rG1Z9Wd1D8

# end signed message
-----END SIGNED MESSAGE-----

https://imgur.com/BBAawV9
sidgrip

Activity: 211
Merit: 119

Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 05:01:21 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 03:51:27 PM by sidgrip

Sure, re-pasted message below. I did not re-sign, as I had no issues verifying in my qt client after pasting the text from this forum. Maybe there's an extra character somewhere in your copy? If further issues I will rely on some other good Samaritan to test this out.

https://i.imgur.com/6tOK9YL.jpg

BLAKEZONE Crypto Gaming Platform --- Mine While you Game Blake256 Merged Mining Pools: LA1 - NY2/AT1 - EU3  Why mine one coin when you can mine six at a once! Cool
For the latest info & updates --> Blake Community Telegram     BCT Blakecoin thread     Blakecoin.org     Twitter     Rent Mining Hash for BlakeCoin & Photon -->  Mining Rig Rentals
electroncoin

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:29:47 AM

https://i.imgur.com/6tOK9YL.jpg

No problem, verified on my end too. Must have been an extra space somewhere.
dedmaroz1

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:14:17 AM

we can change algo to prevent baikal ASIC, from Blake256 8rounds to Blake256 10rounds. I can modified fpga mining software for ztex, Lancelot and Cairnsmore1.
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 »
  Print  

Jump to: