Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:31:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know project scam or not?  (Read 1660 times)
Raggie

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:01:32 AM

Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?

i think you must monitor all success ICO and learn their project. usually they have good team and advisors.
you can search for their advisors, if the advisors confirm they involved to that ICO, then it has a high possibility a legit ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SteveCrypto555

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:03:01 AM

Check the code on github.. a lot of scams dont have any code (invated token).
pureheart

Activity: 116

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:07:09 AM

Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?

You can't hardly say if a project is a scam because there's a lot of people nowadays that are very expert in scamming.
Well my advice for you is to research more about the project , take time to read their white paper. Follow their social media if it was updated and if the team are real..
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:10:13 AM

One of the signs of fraud is the lack of details about the design of the technology and the lack of full-fledged developers.
waldocarter

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:28:52 AM

To be honest, you can not be 100% sure of the project, but you can try to reduce risks to a minimum. It is necessary first to see who is behind the project, and to check the members of the team - to their reality, and involvement in the project

waldocarter

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:31:01 AM

To be honest, you can not be 100% sure of the project, but you can try to reduce risks to a minimum. It is necessary first to see who is behind the project, and to check the members of the team - to their reality, and involvement in the project

Also, a very important part of the project is the availability of technical documentation - whitepaper, etc. It is necessary to study it in detail, and to understand how we will implement the project and whether it has a future.

kobe24

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:33:04 AM

If the team is trusted or they have a good partnership with a known company then you can be sure that it's a legit project try to observe their social media accounts

Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:38:52 AM

it takes patience for my research and analysis. of course all ico have a vision and mission that is very thick for the stretcher as an idea and the technology. and you can read and look for any discrepancies over any of your investigations. and the most important factor is experience
nguyentuanduongg1995

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:23:05 PM

10 basic signs of electronic money fraud project evaluation
1. Projects tend to develop under the multi-level marketing model Often these projects will raise capital on attractive invitations like Bitkingdom: Just spend 10tr and you will be refunded in 3 months. If you add more members, you will get xx% of the money they invest in
2. ICO projects are not community based
3. Do not publish the list of founders and development team This is the trick of phishing projects so no one can track down their traces if they hug money and run away.
4. The virtual currency project does not have its own wallet or associated with the lesser-known purse Most do not have their own wallet but have to trade through reputable virtual currencies like Bitcoin, ETH, Zcash or cash.
5. Low account security system
6. Do not press releases and do not appear on the ICO project development pages
7. Do not publish source code, Public code is not public on the site is particularly prestigious Github.com
8. ICO projects show deceptive behavior only in certain countries.
9. Do not open public token sales, or coin not appear on the digital money buying site Parameters such as market capitalization, number of tokens issued, exchange rates, transaction volume. These are factors that need to be disclosed.
10. The scams of fraudulent ICO projects are not posted on such reputable platforms as Bittrex, Poloniex
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:28:15 PM

We have discussed this thread many times and answer is same that look for the team behind project and their past work experience,read whitepaper of project, objective of the company and utility of token to public. But still many ICO have these factors but still they proove to be scam and you need your own knowledge and skill to make such judgements.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:35:08 PM

Generally speaking whitepapers, ideas, good marketing and even well known good names in the team are are not a guarantee. A good ICO should already have at least a working prototype what you can see in action or some working product what needs further investment to achieve well detailed realistic goals.
kalintura

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:47:23 PM

Unfortunately, there are no 100% guarantee that can figure out that project is legit but at least choosing a scam project can be minimize in some steps. Study the projects ifself by its whitepaper, check dev team background and monitor if their team are active on updates and social media.
sanlakgun041988

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:48:39 PM

There is no any specific techniques to identify whether that project is scam or not. but you can get basic idea of the project by reading the white paper and looking the project team up to some extend.
fuck4ass

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:54:42 PM

Quite difficult to determine that a project is a scam. Because despite having a whitepaper, but all can not guarantee that the project is not a scam. Maybe if just failing not to touch the softcap can still be seen, but if determining a scam project or not it is quite difficult.
cherelle

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:21:10 PM

Its easy to know if it’s a scam , its hard to know that its not , that may seem contradictory at first but that is the truth and this is because that if you find even one reason for why it can fail then its better not to invest in that coin, but if you can not find any reason that means either you alone can't find one or it doesn’t exist.
charlop24
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:45:38 PM

It's actually impossible to know for sure if a project is scam or not, at best you can review based on the information you have, the tendency for a project to be scam or not. Some indication of a scam project could be the lack of transparency of the project team, when there's so much information hidden from the public, it could be a red flag. Another indicator is the promises they make, when the project gives assurance for unbelievable returns, its a red flag. Another indicator is when there's no structure in place, such as website, whitepaper, product or service to be offered. This could be a valid reason to be on the look out.
Likemuk

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:58:02 AM

It is difficult to know the task that trick or genuine in the first place it's excessively noob, making it impossible to the trickster in the event that they defrauding individuals early in light of the fact that they can't gain excessively. At the end of the day, we can just realize that the task is trick or genuine in the late time of the ICO and that is the thing that speculators do in light of the fact that we require a great deal of research before contributing to anchor the cash.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:08:19 AM

There are not many ways to detect a scam project, but should not be involved in projects with the following characteristics:
+ Not clear about the development team
+ Promises an unrealistic high return.
+ Give discount programs and great rewards
+ .....
vallarit11

Activity: 137

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:28:20 AM

For me i just study their platform and their white paper and if it's good i'll be trusting their project, and luckily I have made a good decisions.
xdboys1

Activity: 121

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:29:18 AM

The main problem of the scam of the project is that the BM (bounty manager) get all the funds and let us suffer on what we gave them our efforts. So you should first check the TRUST of the manager.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: