Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:07:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know project scam or not?  (Read 1660 times)
Kumeco

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:18:54 AM

Maybe this is already frequently asked questions and a lot of people have a way of each. see the team thoroughly good it background, social origin, and education is an important thing. the team needs to really top-quality would be this. check the whitepaper to find out because the nice indication of project concept and will not be visible from here.
This team is indeed important for projects, because the team is also influential in carrying out its business. if the team has achieved good results, there is a possibility that the project will succeed. Knowledge of the background of the project is very important and find out more about the project and who follows, whether many or not many join. if only a few people join this project, you have to be more careful, maybe the project is unknown and can cheat. maybe a lot of other things can happen that are fraudulent projects but I don't understand that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 03:52:21 PM

Before investing, it is better to make sure many times that cryptocurrency is a very risky business, I hope that all the same cryptocurrency will have serious opportunities in the future, but now it is a big risk.
zupdawg

Activity: 672
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 03:55:46 PM

I've seen almost all kinds of them, there are projects that looks like really legit but they scam in the end, there are projects that obviously will run in the end and they did. We don't actually can't tell which will turn to scam or not, lets just don't invest the big part of our money on a single project so we can avoid big losses on one

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 04:00:28 PM

Good projects usually have good managers who communicate constantly with investors, also innovate at least every month, making constant progress even if it's slow, bad projects usually don't communicate with the community at all and you can't find any real information about the development team or what the project is really about.
alberdina

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 04:03:33 PM

There are many new ICO projects now and some have fake projects. Scam projects are indeed a problem for all investors and bounty hunters. If they get a scam project, they will definitely suffer losses. And to avoid fraudulent projects is to do research. You must check social media accounts and the team must be active in providing new information.

Georgiyk

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 04:05:47 PM

No one is immune from mistakes. Many advise to be guided by the rating, but how many projects with high ratings were scam ?! Others advise to carefully study the information about the project - here I agree. There is one more factor that helps to determine the project - it is the bounty manager. There are professionals in their field, and if they take on the promotion of the project, it’s already 80% sure that the project is not fraudulent.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:40:02 PM

Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?
We can tell if the prohect is scam or not by looking and reading their whitepaper, website and the members of the team who takes part on the project to know if they are trusted and not scammers. Having knowledge in cryptocurrency will also help you to avoid scammers.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:44:02 PM

Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?

There many things that you must know before investing in a specific crypto. The feasibility of the platform being developed, the technical capability of the website and whitepaper, the integrity and authenticity of the team behind the project, and the community support the project offers to its users or supporters are some of the factors that should be presented. If a couple of this factors are missing, then be careful about investing in such a project.
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:46:28 PM

In my own personal opinion, to know if the project is scam or not is by checking every team members who takes over the project because they maybe a scammers and also better read or check the whitepaper and website because they may copy it in other projects or lying about the project.
hsyncl

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2018, 04:46:49 PM

Currently, 90 percent of the projects in the market can not receive investment. It doesn't matter if it's scam or not. But the team behind the project and the infrastructure of the project is really important to the future of the project.

│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │
okeanos

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:50:41 PM

There are many ways to decide any project if its scam or not. But you can never %100 sure that its not. We need to do our own research, check from linkedin profiles, trusted sites like BTT, and must check white paper very well.
Sundaey

Activity: 518
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:54:43 PM

You can actually knows a scam project when you are scammed so i think you should wait for that worse moment when you will get scammed.
Which means all projects are scam the ones you called real are those ones who actually got enough through their ico and think otherwise.
lKSLMNSLKnkndlksnkJ

Activity: 770
Merit: 9

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:01:44 PM

I don't think there truly is a way to tell until it's over and it becomes obvious to all.

Smart scammers realize they have to go to great lengths to fool people and so some are.  The amount of money some of them steal is incredible, so it's no surprise there are many scammers out there.

Yes, it sucks to work hard or invest, follow and support a project just to watch it evaporate into thin air.  But such is the nature of the game at this point in time.

What is shows diligent crypto-enthusiasts is the only way to get ahead is to cast a wide net and trust your gut feelings as much as necessary.  I've been victimized by scams like everyone else on BTT.  Until you have been scammed, you can't really comment on the scene but must make judgments based on other's experiences.  Plus, until you've been scammed, you really have no idea what it is you are into until it happens.

Research, active involvement with projects, conversations with team members, and your gut feelings will take you a lot farther than you realize.

Folks are so used to a government edifice 'protecting' us from bad guys with regulation, that the crypto Universe becomes a true wild, wild west that most do not have the wherewithal to navigate successfully.  My number one piece of advise:  Listen to your guts!  They know more than you think.

BEP-20  0x10f3Eb215Ee55f1B92c89420498aB832c53caBB9
ERC-20  0xFE4047353129ce0747632db8aFcfC2584391D824
tanvir232

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:04:30 PM

It's one of the worst tasks. If you miss, you gonna miss your fund, lol.
I would definitely go through the team first and check how expert they are or whether they are fake or real. later I would research with the project carefully and find out the possibilty of being successful. Only then I would decide.
Here is a good guideline for you- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5004397.msg45150042#msg45150042
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:11:03 PM

the first way is to check if the team of the project is real. You can enter their social networks and watch how the pages of team members are decorated. In general, I saw that someone created a thread for beginners where it was described how to check the project

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:14:47 PM

It is almost very difficult to distinguish which ICO scam and ICO are good, even ICO scams seem more like real, the best is to avoid projects with unclear teams, avoid ICO that promises big profits in an instant, I hope in the future there will be a program can analyze an ICO so that scam projects will be detected quickly

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀
E_3fff

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:51:02 PM

Oh. there's so much bench right now. and I don't know how good all these tips are anymore. there are criteria for everyone: website, team, goals, software and hard caps. but you need to be able to appreciate it.

GOeureka   『 https://goeureka.io/ 』
Next-Gen Solution Shaping the Future of Online Hotel Booking
Gandam23

Activity: 424
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 06:12:02 PM

You can actually look at their platform itself you can see their raodmap too in their website. Youre the only one to decide if you trust that one. You can recognize the ICO if scam or not if you can think that their project is feasible to happen or to run peacefully. And also the upgades are good.
chriseasan
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 01:07:37 PM

There are some simple factors that you need to check before start investing in any project. Are the team and the devs real? Does the project have at least an MVP or you are buying an idea? Read the whitepaper and check the community.
awakpane

Activity: 1274
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 01:56:05 PM

in my opinion, how to find out about a fraudster project or not between:
1. Clear product or project team
2. Development team
3. Project concept
4. Good website. if their website pours out, it is possible if their project is a fraud.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: