Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:20:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know project scam or not?  (Read 1660 times)
CokeCoin

Activity: 235
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:59:20 PM

There is no absolute right way to find out for how much scam this project is. But you should  check its token on exchange and to check its ico on statistic site.Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kryptogunner

Activity: 658

Community Builder and Telegram Moderator

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:59:42 PM

Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?
Questions like this very often appear in this forum, use your search button.
Basically, Some things become the problem of SCAM when ICO is not clear project.

well, i am also looking at the solution to this question but unfortunately the 90% scams are revealed at a later stage when bounty hunters like me are already up with our efforts for the project. feels bad. loosing potential money and promoting scoundrels Sad

Want growth hack for community or need 24x7 community managememt?

PM here or Telegram @meatulm
Ginosaur15

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:08:32 PM

I also don't know also whether the project is a scam or not. I've been scammed many times but I still don't know when the project is scam or not, trust of campaign maybe? Or just risk trying and trying

o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 01:10:48 PM

I do not think this is the way you know. Even projects that I follow up on everything can sometimes come out scam
allwithpassion

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:11:36 PM

There is a risk of getting on scam but not all ico projects are scam! Everything depends on how correctly you approached the project before investing in it. It is also important that the project has a working and useful product. Like this one https://goo.gl/RddguE
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:12:24 PM

Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?
Well, if you want to know if one project is scam or not then you must research about these projects. Also, it is okay if you do survey. Post in this forum and i am sure that many of us we'll do qoute or reply about your post. And also if the projects is too good. You should look who do these kind of project and if it trusted then do it.
sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:19:34 PM

a cheater is smarter than you can imagine. because a cheater has more experience. so how smart are you judge, cheats are smarter than you. I recommend before choosing ico, at least you know who their team is working.

okwang231

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:28:53 PM

it's easy to figure out if a project is a scam or not for example a bounty camp first in the bounty manager itself first checks if it's a trusted manager or does not follow their team how much they invest in their project and most of all value of their coins if they are high or not then you just read their white peaper what the project's porpuse really is simple they just know if a project is a sam or not so you should know that it's not just a simple phrase for no matter what you earn.

>        MFCHAIN        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
<MFCHAIN.COM> <WHITEPAPER>                        <TELEGRAM> <YOUTUBE>
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1260
Merit: 356

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:30:37 PM

It is hard to know the project that scam or legit in the beginning it's too noob to the scammer if they scamming people early because they can't earn too much. In other words, we can only know that the project is scam or legit in the late period of the ICO and that is what investors do because we need a lot of research before investing to secure the money.
torotot

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:33:14 PM

..you can determine the project if its good or not   by seeking some good feedback on their sites such telegram, twitter,  or on other websites, 'cause indeed the most important information about the project will be found on their sites , so if you're looking for a good project read some comments or feedback from the crowd before anything else.  .

Definitely yes. Agree with you. Through their links and sites can we determine if the project is true. Without noticing the project you could fall. Read and apply some advice of our seniors that you tthink suit your question.
sarojan9980

Activity: 118

My Identity Coin

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:38:57 PM

it is too difficult to know to know. it need more effort to know the which is good campaign. you have to go through whitepaper and project developers details. then also some campaigns get scammed. but almost try to join positive trusted campaign. i think better check in
icorating.com
bountylor.com
you will get some idea about selection of bounty campaign.

katixrecamara

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:44:16 PM

Indications whether or not the project is good can be found in social media channels of the project, such as telegram and twitter among others.
Just browse thru comments and feedback of users or supporters before making decisions. Or you can check for the dev team, potential products,  visibility in social media, and read the whitepaper. Those are your best bet to identify a good project or not.

On how to know about scam, I can tell nobody knows but the scammers. you will only know that you got scammed by the end of the project and you didn't get paid.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:45:20 PM

I also don't know also whether the project is a scam or not. I've been scammed many times but I still don't know when the project is scam or not, trust of campaign maybe? Or just risk trying and trying
It is hard to find out and prove that the project is scam. What I have do is to read on the announcement thread of the project because some of the participants shared what they are being notice on the project team. Sometimes the project is not scam but many hacker attacks the project and hack on their ICO process which make the other participant to be active and watchful on the project.

toilatan2

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:45:37 PM

very difficult, dear!
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:48:00 PM

If you are a good reader then you will find that white paper can give a clue about the whole project and if you are just speedy investor who doesn't care about the white paper then you might end up hitting the scams all the time. The whitpaper is main source of information and way to represent the companies whole idea. To be honest people are so lazy now a days that they just make up the white paper and copy paste it. This sort of give us idea of bad projects. However this is common way and apart from this you can get to know more info by diving yourself into the project and making small investment at the initial stage. Later on you can see the raodamp and check out if everything is in line or not. That can give you some info too.
naikturun

Activity: 1190
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:50:47 PM

I just stick to the team, concept and whitepapper. if within the project there is a good team and I have previously succeeded the project I will follow and can make sure it is not a scam. so the team is very influential to the project whether a scam or not.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:54:58 PM

Remember that, the good or bad project is different with the scam or not Smiley). IMO, the excellent project has good manager. Currently, I was joining Buzzshow bounties campaigns. This reason which I decided to join this bounty that sir yahoo manage Buzzshow campaign Smiley). I already entered a lot of campaigns which sir yahoo is the manager. He is the best manager with me. He always helps member and updates spreadsheet quịckly.

emanbea07

Activity: 193

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:57:35 PM

If the project is goods check always a white paper and roadmaps and the members or managers actives in telegram.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:06:36 PM

That actually is one of the hardest questions to answer in this market. The fact is, even if a project may seem to be good, there are so many market changes and trends that could affect it as it goes on that may force it to go south even if it really has all the aspects to succeed. Now, I am not discouraging you mate, what I am saying here is you really need to be thorough with selecting the projects you would join, and you can use these factors as indicators. (1) Choose a project with a new concept or product to offer, people tend to support and gravitate to those projects that are new. (2) Check the background of the developers if they have a good plan moving forward, if they don't have any clear objective, then think twice. (3) Check on how the community supports and embraces the project, if it gets good remarks, then that could tell you they are up to something good.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:10:55 PM
Merited by cuenzy (1)

Seriously speaking you can never know. Look at projects like Bitconnect or Comodo. Even if they have the greatest white papers and are promising you glory. They don't have any value in the real world. Unless they have a working product to show case. All those promises are nothing but ashes.

I agree. This is one of those "rhetorical" questions in this market that no one, even the seasoned and experienced ones can't answer. The truth is, there are so many things that could tell you if a project could be a legit one or not, if it can succeed or not; the problem, however, is the fact that the market changes so quickly, and it is so volatile that a hundred of different things can happen that could affect the project for better or worse. But, for me, the main guide to know if a project is a scam or not is the product and the developers' backgrounds, if they seem to present a legit and true blue project that has a chance to succeed in the market, then you can at least think that it has a fighting chance. But, on the other hand, if it's something that is old and the objective being a "make shift" one, then be doubtful of those kinds of projects.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: