Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:17:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] PETAMINE - 1,150 TH/S HASH RATE (1GH/S per Unit)  (Read 565644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:16:00 AM

I might be slightly drunk but seriously, what the fuck are you guys doing complaining? This is the best value of any mining project by a mile, fullstop. If anyone has any problems seriously sell your shares and fuck off. I cba reading this paranoid troll shit anymore

That's what happens when someone gets bull trapped.  He is trying to convince people to sell to him cheaper as if the good news never happened.

Did you even read my post? Are you brand new to the term bull trap and just excited to throw it out?

I have ample funds in this project that tbh I dont really give a fuck about. I just cant for the life of me see why people are already complaining. CryptX just trippled everyone's expectations and there's already a team of ultra skeptical timewasters speading fud. Seriously get the fuck out. This isn't for you. Buy and hold btc, your never going to nake money otherwise

Your right. Sorry. Im going to sleep

Lol np, happens to the best of us Wink
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:32:19 AM

I might be slightly drunk but seriously, what the fuck are you guys doing complaining? This is the best value of any mining project by a mile, fullstop. If anyone has any problems seriously sell your shares and fuck off. I cba reading this paranoid troll shit anymore

That's what happens when someone gets bull trapped.  He is trying to convince people to sell to him cheaper as if the good news never happened.

Did you even read my post? Are you brand new to the term bull trap and just excited to throw it out?

I have ample funds in this project that tbh I dont really give a fuck about. I just cant for the life of me see why people are already complaining. CryptX just trippled everyone's expectations and there's already a team of ultra skeptical timewasters speading fud. Seriously get the fuck out. This isn't for you. Buy and hold btc, your never going to nake money otherwise

Your right. Sorry. Im going to sleep

Lol np, happens to the best of us Wink

you guys make me smile Smiley
qwertyqwerty

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:32:32 AM

The one who is complaining the loudest, is the one who rushed to nervously exit last week, driving prices down with big sells and came here to make an announcement about share-holders whinging too much and some nonsense about namecoin merged mining.

naturally there is some regret for him to see the latest developments, and so he shows up on 180 turn to try his hand at some whinging too - I think you can take words with a heavy grain of salt. The arguments don't have merit, the shareprice now is undervalued by all metrics  Smiley

I must say I was also skeptical. I'm sorry for doubting CryptX.. forgive me master
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:30:35 AM

Hash don't lie gentlemen.  This puppy is finally taking off.  I for one hope CryptX and crew fill many future weekends as they have this last.  Keep it up fellas.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
norisknofun

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:03:39 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 08:15:47 AM by norisknofun

what is there to discuss? a share was trading for .065 btc for 2.88 ghs. this instantly became 8.68.

price per ghs @ .065 (2.88 ghs per share) = 0.02256 btc/ghs, which is on par with available cloud mining offerings (this offering is essentially commodified ghs)

price per ghs @ .065 (8.68 per share) = 0.00748 btc/ghs, which is pre order prices for physical hardware, and un-fucking heard of for commodified hashing

so why wouldnt the share price adjust to the same ratio?

8.68 x .02256 = .1958 btc per share

this is what people were paying before.

lets use another metric... lowest cloud mined ghs price = .018 at bit-mining.co

that would make the hashing capacity represented by a share of PETA = .1562 btc per share (market price x capacity)

so .1562 or .1958

this asset is currently undervalued

am i making a fundamental error or failing to see something that is obvious? im dead serious.

~Green

please guys, if im not understanding this (this is what i am basing my max buy price/exit price on) provide clarification.

I'm not sure what the asset really should be priced at, but I'm going to explain to you why I don't think you could just use the ratio to calculate the new price.
The real value of PETA is not the initial hashrate, but the reinvestment. So with the old news we are not only paying for the 2.88 GH/s, but also for hoping that the hashrate will rise, and some day hit 8.68 through reinvestments.
We already don't know when the old "initial hashrate" of 2.88 will achieved, because it depends of the shipments of the suppliers.

Now we have the new announcement. We only could expect the asset value to increase in the same ratio if you have reason to believe that the 8.68 will arrive at the same time when you expected the 2.88 to arrive. In my opinion this is unrealistic.
The real value of the news from yesterday is that we see that peta has an actual plan how to achieve a higher hashrate and that they shared with us when they expect the new miners to arrive. This eliminated a lot of uncertainty that existed before.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure what the real value of the Peta shares should be. Comparing the price to cloudmining can only be a very rough estimate. Because there are two big questionmarks:
How fast will peta achieve their initial hashrate?
Will peta be able to reinvest quick and good enough to beat the difficulty rise?

In short: An increase in "initial hashrate" is only worth three times as much when it arrives at the same time when the old initial hashrate would have arrived.

Further Analysis of the News:
I'll assume that one Terraminer and one Coincraft rig is 2Th/s and that one Coincraft desk is 1Th/s.
That would give us following hashrate according to the deployment schedule:
Currently      : 45 Th/s
Week  9       : 115 Th/s
Week 10      : 225 Th/s
Week 11      : 335 Th/s
Week 12      : 445 Th/s
Week 13-15  :695 Th/s

So under perfect conditions (correct shipment date and 100% working miners with 100% capacity) we will achieve the old initial hashrate in the first week of march. The new "initial hashrate" will be achieved in the beginning of april, one month later, if they really are capable of producing their own custom board.

Of course this is good news since we finally know a little more about what is going on. But if we compare it to January where we were promised 2.88 in the first half of february + reinvestments in the later months we can see the damage of the delayed shipment.

And just as a little comparison, what would be the hashrate under perfect condition if everything would have worked out as planned? (Deployment of 2.88 in Week 7, with growing of 18% every 14 days to keep up with difficulty)
Week 7:    232 Th/s
Week 9:    273 Th/s
Week 11:  323 Th/s
Week 13:  381 Th/s
Week 15:  449 Th/s

Edit: As the discussion progressed quite a bit since I started writing because I'm too stupid to click on 47: I agree more with the valuation of Greenbits than mmitech. Please don't flame me  Grin
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:59:49 AM

Guys, did you read the speculations in bitmine thread?
Peta-mine is based in industrial incubator based in Bruxelles and owned / invested in by GOOGLE.

What did that tell you ?

CryptX is just a subset of Google ? Maybe. That would be understandable.

Cheesy

norisknofun

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:04:55 AM

Guys, did you read the speculations in bitmine thread?
Peta-mine is based in industrial incubator based in Bruxelles and owned / invested in by GOOGLE.

What did that tell you ?

CryptX is just a subset of Google ? Maybe. That would be understandable.

Cheesy

There is actual proof for that. See, in the first post in this thread Cryptx posted a document hosted on the servers from google! GOOGLE!

Proof: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjI5bgsiFJAidFdzOTk1aXl6cS1zNG1nck5OZjRBeXc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
ujka

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:11:39 AM

And we are arguing here where CryptX found the funds!  Cheesy
norisknofun

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:21:18 AM

So since we know now that Peta mine is google we can re evaluate the stock price:

Google market capitalization/80674*bitcoinvalue=6969BTC
I think we are currently undervalued!
ateneto

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:31:03 PM

Smiley

I enjoy reading this thread!

My personal opinion is that Petamine is a good investment at the present price so I continue to buy shares.
The price is not only about value it is defined by what people are willing pay for something.
I am really happy with the Petamine team. They could have handled things differently. 8.68 GHs is very good news.
The fact that the shares that I bought at the time of the IPO are now valued at double the initial price is also very nice of course.

Looking forward to receiving the first dividends!

Take care and relax everybody it's just crazy internet money. BTCBTCBTC
ateneto
Malusig

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:04:58 PM

Bought in at 0.05 and couldn't be happier Smiley
Was a bit skeptical with all the delays but with the current news I am over the moon.

Now just cant wait to be receiving dividends.
Elvis Trout

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:36:32 PM

Hate to be a downer here, I love the new share price and everything, but the announcement doesn't actually mean much. Looking at the deployment schedule it seems like it's going to be a long time before each share actually has 8.68 gh/s per share. And at some point with reinvestment it would have anyway. I love the fact that cryptx has obviously put in a huge effort to make that happen sooner, but it seems a little misleading to announce that as each share's worth, as it will be a while before  each share is worth that.
ujka

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:44:37 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 01:57:26 PM by ujka

but the announcement doesn't actually mean much
How can you say that, look what it did to share price...
We know that there is deployment schedule. One can not just drop 700th online in a day. Not even KnC, they did it in three days. Wink

The point is that 700th will be added without using reinvestment money, so that can be used to develop and manufacture own custom hardware to speed up, and reduce the cost of further deployment.
Elvis Trout

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:54:28 PM

but the announcement doesn't actually mean much
How can you say that, look what it did to share price...
We know that there is deployment schedule. One can not just drop 700th online in a day. Not even KnC, they did it in three days. Wink

The point is that 700th will be added without using reinvestment money, so that can be used to develop and manufacture own custom hardware to speed up, and reduce the cost of further deployment.

Yea but the deployment schedule posted doesn't seem to add up to 700th, maybe I am just not ascribing the correct values to the machines listed.

I didn't understand that about it not coming from reinvestment money, that is going to be hard to confirm though given that we haven't learnt what reinvestment money is going to be spent on and we also don't know where this extra hashing power came from.

All that being said, I still think this is a good investment and am very happy with how things are going so far.

Also merge mining pls.
qwertyqwerty

Activity: 202

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:55:20 PM

Hate to be a downer here, I love the new share price and everything, but the announcement doesn't actually mean much. Looking at the deployment schedule it seems like it's going to be a long time before each share actually has 8.68 gh/s per share. And at some point with reinvestment it would have anyway. I love the fact that cryptx has obviously put in a huge effort to make that happen sooner, but it seems a little misleading to announce that as each share's worth, as it will be a while before  each share is worth that.

Where is your head!! Really not so long at all ~50TH now.  planned schedule is -- . ~60 TH next week, 110TH roughly the week after, 110TH the week after, 110TH the week after, then beginning not only deployment of additional 250 TH custom hardware but re-investment as well. If CryptX can pull it off it will be great, unprecedented for a public mining operation. aiming to keep up consistent % of global hashrate blows other offerings out of the water, frankly I am surprised share-price is not yet double or triple.
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:59:32 PM

... the announcement doesn't actually mean much.
Some people are impossible to please.

Would you rather no announcement had been made?
Elvis Trout

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:21:55 PM

... the announcement doesn't actually mean much.
Some people are impossible to please.

Would you rather no announcement had been made?

No, I'm ecstatic about what it has done for the share price! I suppose I just didn't understand it properly.
trek27

Activity: 172

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:34:23 PM

Read the announcement...then read it for the second time. Went down to make something to drink. Drunk.
Came back and the news was still there staring at me from the screen. So, I read it for the third time. Wow.

The news is so good that it probably provokes some kind of denial. It's very human. When something is 'too good' or 'downright bad' people subconsciously reject it.

700TH at the end of March? Just two days ago we could reasonably expect 230TH at mid-march.
Bitmine is shipping. Two days ago we could just speculate: when they will start?
CryptX announcing the goal of reaching and preserving 2% of the network.
CryptX confirms development of custom made mining devices.
Really, what could be better?
The only aspect we lack is realization of this fantastic plan. But for this we must obviously wait a bit.

I think people and Mr.Market need some time to fully digest what really happened during this weekend.

ujka

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:38:14 PM

Also merge mining pls.
and here we go again...  Wink

We are merge mining. Eligius is merge mining nmc.
Elvis Trout

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:59:32 PM

Also merge mining pls.
and here we go again...  Wink

We are merge mining. Eligius is merge mining nmc.

Why just nmc though? I know other currencies are only a fraction as profitable but it would seem silly not to. Maybe this pool has other benefits I am unaware of.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: