Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:28:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: litecoin dead ?  (Read 49298 times)
wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:02:48 PM

I feel bad so many of you fell for the Litecoin bandwagon. 

Lol

ixcoin has been around longer than LTC and has not even come close to the successes of LTC. You are just jelly.

http://coinmarketcap.com/

You are in the 12th spot at a value of 200K usd. Some of us hold more LTC than all of ixcoin.

Who's talking about market cap?  The mechanics of this new industry have changed with cheap ASICS and a much higher Bitcoin price.  LTC cannot succeed in this environment so either LTC gets ASICS, Bitcoin dies or LTC dies.  Those are the options.  That is reality.

Positive correlation. 

Look it up.

link to more info about this? i'm still not sure i understand the implications of the asic issue and altcoins.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:03:02 PM

Lol

ixcoin has been around longer than LTC and has not even come close to the successes of LTC. You are just jelly.

You are in the 12th spot at a value of 200K usd. Some of us hold more LTC than all of ixcoin.

Who's talking about market cap?  The mechanics of this new industry have changed with cheap ASICS and a much higher Bitcoin price.  LTC cannot succeed in this environment so either LTC gets ASICS, Bitcoin dies or LTC dies.  Those are the options.  That is reality.

Positive correlation. 

Look it up.

you are a funny man. i know you are trying to pump what you hold, and i have no problem with that, but i do not like they way you are doing it.

pretending to be sad for people who hold ltc then nonsensical ramblings about ASICS and death of LTC.

best of luck with ixcoin. it has gone far in the past and im sure it will keep going. btw i mined 30,000 ixcoin back in the day, fun times.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:03:37 PM

Lol

Positive correlation. 

Look it up.

link to more info about this? i'm still not sure i understand the implications of the asic issue and altcoins.

you posted before i could call him on it. pretty much this  " nonsensical ramblings "

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 05:14:45 PM

Lol

Positive correlation. 

Look it up.

you are a funny man. i know you are trying to pump what you hold, and i have no problem with that, but i do not like they way you are doing it.

pretending to be sad for people who hold ltc then nonsensical ramblings about ASICS and death of LTC.

best of luck with ixcoin. it has gone far in the past and im sure it will keep going. btw i mined 30,000 ixcoin back in the day, fun times.

I am not pumping ixCoin.  If I were I would just come out and say it.  If you knew me you would know this to be a fact.

The price I expect for ixCoin, before I sell a single coin, is far, far greater than what pumping will ever accomplish.  If ixCoin shot up 10-fold right now I wouldn't sell a single coin.  It has tripled in 3 months and I only buy more.  Therefore, I am simply giving sound advice - I am not pumping.

If you look at my "pumping" those who bought ixCoin over the last 5 months, like me, are up more than if they had bought Bitcoin.

Point to just one other coin that has done that over the longer term.  I explained in detail months ago that this would happen.  So yeah, I am doing this cause I do feel sorry to see people follow the sheep off the cliff. 

And to the guy who wants a link to all this, sorry, there is no link for common sense.  You guys either see the obvious here, cause it's been happening and it's very clear, for nearly 6 months now or you let confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance dictate your investment decisions.

I wish everyone the best.  Good luck.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 05:20:10 PM

Lol

Positive correlation. 

Look it up.

It's a simple value proposition and a case of opportunity cost.

If you can spend $1,000 on ASICS or $1,000 on a computer with GPU's and mine 1 falling alt coin with that computer versus a rising Bitcoin PLUS another 5 or 6 other alt coins [via merge mining] at no extra cost, with your ASICS, which one would you choose?

Scrypt coins simply cannot survive in this new environment which is why every-time Bitcoin spikes, scrypt coins fall hard.  It will only get worse as Bitcoin goes higher and ASICS become easier and cheaper to buy, as is now the case.

Also, add the fact more and more [SHA256] coins are adding the merge mine patch and that means LTC and scrypt coins stand NO chance.  Even most sha coins will be doomed, but at least those have a fighting chance.

Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:31:17 PM

Actually with the computer with GPU, you can mine "any" coin you want.  Although I will admit, mining BTC with a GPU now is a failing proposition.  Although mining with an ASIC is pretty much a losing proposition as well, especially with these 110,000,000 difficulty jumps like the one coming in 3 days.  I did the math, and with the current difficulty, even the 5 Gh/S ASICS are pretty much mining the electricity costs, nothing more.   

And if something would happen to BTC/Cryptocurrency in general,  you still have a computer that you can use for pretty much anything you want.  With an ASIC, if cryptocurrencies fail, you are left with an expensive brick, that can't do ANYTHING. 

The biggest problem with LTC right now is that the ex-BTC miners have moved to LTC to keep their GPU's mining, instead of trashing them, as they can no longer mine BTC.  When BTC is on the rise, these miners dump their LTC, as they have little to no value for their LTC coins, which is why all the Scrypt coins fall when there is a BTC bubble.  Eventually the prices will fall back in line again.

In my mind  Neither BTC/LTC or really any of the current cryptocurrencies will last if they go mainstream.  Too many flaws in each system.  Which is why we need actual innovators bringing new Alt-coins to the table.  Not the mass clone coins that we see now, but actual innovations that can get things like transactions to be completed in an instant.  Until we have things like that, there really is no reason for merchants to dump debit/interac transactions in favor of taking cryptocurrencies.  Unless of course we want Starbucks and places like that to have waiting areas for people who paid with BTC, so that they can get their coffee 10 minutes after they rang the sale through.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:50:43 PM

It's a simple value proposition and a case of opportunity cost.

If you can spend $1,000 on ASICS or $1,000 on a computer with GPU's and mine 1 falling alt coin with that computer versus a rising Bitcoin PLUS another 5 or 6 other alt coins [via merge mining] at no extra cost, with your ASICS, which one would you choose?

Scrypt coins simply cannot survive in this new environment which is why every-time Bitcoin spikes, scrypt coins fall hard.  It will only get worse as Bitcoin goes higher and ASICS become easier and cheaper to buy, as is now the case.

Also, add the fact more and more [SHA256] coins are adding the merge mine patch and that means LTC and scrypt coins stand NO chance.  Even most sha coins will be doomed, but at least those have a fighting chance.

Scrypt coins will be always an alternative for people who can't afford or don't want to invest in ASICs. The "more and more [SHA256] coins" are mostly trash with nearly zero value. Few months ago you was talking a lot about coins for the masses. BTC soon could be too expensive for the "masses". The only established alternative solutions are the older scrypt coins. So I think it's too early to bury these coins.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 08:00:18 PM

Guys, buy a positively correlated coin which goes up everytime Bitcoin goes up or at least retains all its value against Bitcoin.
This does not exist. There are short time periods when there may be a positive relationship -- but correlation? Most certainly not.
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 08:02:06 PM

Lol

Positive correlation. 

Look it up.

ASICs don't mean crap.  What matters is vendor acceptance i.e. having something to do with the coins other than dump them for BTC.  Some altcoin devs have figured this out, others haven't.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:15:17 PM

The LTC bashers are intimidated by it because LTC can play a role in popping the BTC bubble they are holding on to, most of them are kids with not even a reasonable amount of BTC/wealth. You make a bad name of bitcoiners. The big guys are actually pretty positive about LTC. Grow up tbh
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:39:58 PM

The LTC bashers are intimidated by it because LTC can play a role in popping the BTC bubble they are holding on to, most of them are kids with not even a reasonable amount of BTC/wealth. You make a bad name of bitcoiners. The big guys are actually pretty positive about LTC. Grow up tbh

some people seem to think if they attack ltc it will make the alts they hold go up... i seem to think that if ltc goes up, the other alts might have a shot. anyway thats why i hold a small amount of xpm.

Trolling
PrintMule

Activity: 980

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:55:38 PM

Litecoin started dying when people switched from mining btc. That created too much supply. This was pretty much foreseeable.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:06:26 PM

Litecoin started dying when people switched from mining btc. That created too much supply. This was pretty much foreseeable.

No, LTC started dying when their devs started feeling entitled to their place as #2 behind BTC and became complacent.  It also started dying back in Feb when Featherocin kicked off the 'altcoin rush' and everyone dropped their LTC projects in order to create the shitcoin of the week.  Warren did a lot of great work for LTC but now it seems he's gone, was it because he got no support from the major stakeholders?

There is a place for LTC but nothing that couldn't be filled by another alt.  Like BTC, all they have is a head start on the rest of the herd.

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:08:15 PM

This is a good point. It seems sensible to think that the entire GPU-mining economy switching from BTC to LTC would skew the market. I mean, who's gonna buy all those coins? You can't do anything with litecoin except speculate -- and with a seemingly never-ending supply of coins from all the GPU miners (and a much higher inflation rate than BTC to begin with), why would you buy in?
flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:11:23 PM

This is a good point. It seems sensible to think that the entire GPU-mining economy switching from BTC to LTC would skew the market. I mean, who's gonna buy all those coins? You can't do anything with litecoin except speculate -- and with a seemingly never-ending supply of coins from all the GPU miners (and a much higher inflation rate than BTC to begin with), why would you buy in?

The number of coins produced per day has nothing to do with the number of people mining.  Difficulty changes ensure that the coin production rate is constant.

This is pretty basic stuff.

PrintMule

Activity: 980

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:16:13 PM

The number of coins produced per day has nothing to do with the number of people mining.  Difficulty changes ensure that the coin production rate is constant.

This is pretty basic stuff.

But with people flocking in - difficulty rises, and shares are more and more divided, and then people start to lose perspective and interest in continuing. That's my point.

████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
rapidfire187

Activity: 252

!!!INCAKOIN!!!

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:18:19 AM

If Litecoin was Dead then why are alt coins being traded against it on www.cryptsy.com . The Nay Sayers of Litecoin are just Bitcoin Millionairs. Ltc is fast speedy and silver to bitcoins gold.

www.incakoin.com   http://nka.dencoinpools.com
NKA:NN1sE6odEKrbKpBqt56vw5jJoitDrCn9HD
▂▃▅▇█▓▒░۩۞۩ ۩۞۩░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 12:18:46 AM

How does the supply of Litecoins increase exactly when the output algorithm spits out the same amount of Litecoins whether there's 1,000 miners or 100,000 miners?  

If anything, more miners meant more secure network and thus a higher Value for LTC.

The exact opposite is gonna kill it.  People see no point mining one shitty coin when they can mine Bitcoin and a other 6 merge mined shitcoins for free.  Why mine 1 when you can mine 7 coins with the same gear and those merge mined coins will just keep growing as more sha coins add the merge mine patch.

This is like 1st grade math but so many of you wanna believe LTC is the next big turd that you're willing to lie to yourselves all the way down to ZERO.

rapidfire187

Activity: 252

!!!INCAKOIN!!!

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:20:40 AM

If Litecoin was dead then why is it being traded against for various alt coins on www.cryptsy.com ? Litcoin is Silver to Bitcoins Gold. 89 Million Coins to Bitcoins 21 Million. The Naysayers of Litecoin are usually Millionaires in Bitcoin.

www.incakoin.com   http://nka.dencoinpools.com
NKA:NN1sE6odEKrbKpBqt56vw5jJoitDrCn9HD
▂▃▅▇█▓▒░۩۞۩ ۩۞۩░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 12:39:37 AM

If Litecoin was dead then why is it being traded against for various alt coins on www.cryptsy.com ? Litcoin is Silver to Bitcoins Gold. 89 Million Coins to Bitcoins 21 Million. The Naysayers of Litecoin are usually Millionaires in Bitcoin.

Well, it wasn't date when cryptsy added them. Now if they are dead then cryptsy would happy to remove them Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: