Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:37:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: litecoin dead ?  (Read 49298 times)
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:37:36 PM

I didn't know that there is so many Litecoin haters around
It has nothing to do with "hate" or emotions. The litecoin defenders are actually the ones full of emotions here.

emotions ? OK, lets base your statements on facts, so based on what Litecoin is dead/dying ? last time I did check it was doing just fine, and don't give the " it did crash"  BTC crashed so many times that if we base your statement on this BTC should be dead long time ago!

we still have a big volume, price is not $0 if this what you are referring to, well I call bullshit since Litecoin was at $0.07 just the start of this year, and now it is around $1.7 this is around 2400% rise, and yes BTC reached $260 and crashed to $60 so why didn't we call "shit BTC is dead" in fact BTC crashed so many times that if your statement is based on this fact then your logic make no sense...

Sadly you are proving my point. Read up on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=313331.0 and this has nothing to do with price fluctuations which you only seem to focus on, or with dumb statements like "it's not $0".

LTC just printed 0.00973 on MCX... then bounced back to 0.0110 within 5 minutes.
Ouch. That's the second most popular exchange right?

now really you are just talking no sense, you didn't provide any fact to base your statement at, the price of a coin is so important for its success because more important of services around it we have to compare it to fiat to see what purchase value it has, and when it gain more value this means it is gaining success and going mainstream, the price has to go up because there is a limited supply this is...... otherwise it would be the same as Euro or Dollar. I think you do understand that ?

looking to your profile and learning that you are around this community for 2 years makes me wonder of the understanding you have about Bitcoin, satoshi white paper wasn't only about the technical aspect of bitcoin but also about the revolutionary financial freedom it can bring.

when I create a system or a product the only way to judge its successes is the adoption and the volume of its use, this is what I am basing my statements at, the Gox news was a pump for the price that it corrected after few months, LTC was rising before Gox announcement (look at some charts) but it bubbled when gox announced the implementation it went right to $5.9 and it crashed the same time when bitcoin crashed.

for the sake of this argument I will add that I own both of coins BTC/LTC, but in my point of view LTC is undervalued, the same when we speculate about BTC reaching $1000 soon, I will speculate about Litecoin reaching $10, the same rules that apply to Bitcoins apply to Litecoin. ( my point of view if it matters to you)

there is so much happening around both Bitcoin and Litecoin that you really have to be ignorant to not see it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:38:45 PM

I remember people saying the exact same thing about Bitcoin when it went from $33 down to $1.9X. "Bitcoin is dead" ROFL.
What are you talking about? What "exact same thing"? How does it apply to altcoins?
Wait... Now I can't tell if you're being serious or not  Undecided

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:53:42 PM

When btc was 5 cents everyond thought it was dead. Then $6....

This time to $30?

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:57:00 PM

Yeah, your refusal to explain your position is telling.
Yeah, it's telling that you're not as knowledgeable about Bitcoin history as your reg date would imply. Do you honestly not remember all the "Bitcoin is dead!" talk that when on during this time period:

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:58:41 PM

Why would it apply to Litecoin, and not the many altcoins out there?
EXACTLY -- it doesn't! Now I think you're getting it Smiley Just because a line on a chart goes a certain direction over a period of time does NOT mean it's dead.

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 10:07:46 PM

Why would it apply to Litecoin, and not the many altcoins out there?

It could apply to any coin, I wont include coins that have checkpoints which can be shutdown any time their developers decided to/or be forced to do it, any premined coins has to be excluded because this is the pure definition of a ponzi scheme, a coin which has asmall network hash rate that can be compromised has to be excluded as well.....

which leaves us with 3 coins BTC/LTC/NMC, would you think that gox are stupid to decide for these 2 alts ? and don't give me the gox is shit thing, because if it wasn't gox bitcoin would never come to what it is at today, despite the problems that they are having and shitty support and.... gox took one for the team and they have some credibility.

Litecoin needs only one step forward to get to mainstream and to get more adoption which will lead to more services, and this is a big exchange as gox or bitstamp adding it, then payment processor can be made and merchants can easily accept it as a payment method, and actually there is a payment processor that is almost done all we need is a big exchange..  
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 10:14:35 PM

That's not my position at all, as I am not telling "litecoin is dead" because of the price, but that litecoin is useless, and that the price is starting to reflect it. And again, you're trying to compare what is happening to an altcoin with what happened with bitcoin; that does not apply. I see now that you fall back to ad hominems. Great.
Ok, that's a fair position to take, and it's defensible to a degree (there aren't as many merchants accepting LTC as there are for BTC, etc), but IIRC the "it's useless" argument is one commonly used against Bitcoin. And as far as LTC goes, it's really not useless since there are individuals and merchants who readily accept it, and like Bitcoin, it can be used to transfer money across borders without government intervention. I feel like I'm preaching to the choir here though, and you already know this... but if that's the case, how can you argue that it's useless? It may not have the widespread acceptance that Bitcoin has (ha, I just used "widespread acceptance" and "Bitcoin" in the same sentence), but that should be suffixed with a "yet" somewhere toward the end.

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 10:20:16 PM

yup

just to remind you, that was your answer to if the Litecoin is dead. good night it make no sense arguing with you if you cant use common sense and you cant base any statement on facts
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 10:21:45 PM

I remember people saying the exact same thing about Bitcoin when it went from $33 down to $1.9X. "Bitcoin is dead" ROFL.

Don't mistake "dead" from a buying opportunity.
+1

Still remember all the "Bitcoin is dead" threads, Litecoin follows pretty much the same path as Bitcoin with a 2 year delay.  Smiley

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
rpg

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 10:22:17 PM

LTC is being manipulated on BTC-E. A few days ago LTC was trying to rally and 2 $86k sells show up to force it down. Once it was down the sells went away. What would you expect from the russian mafia exchange?
That post made me laugh so hard.  Cheesy

glad you laugh, probably on your way to the bank. You part of the manipulation team?
I'm selling tinfoil hats. Interested?
I only take BTC though, not your joke currency.

you think BTC is not a joke LMAO. 99.99% of this planet have not heard of it. And you know why? Because they are not geeks. Some people has been hiding money and others speculating in Bitcoins and that's why BTC is trading at $185. Who wants to wait 30 minutes for confirmation to use it as a currency? On the other end some ALT have confirmations in seconds making them possible to use as a everyday currency, not as a store of value like BTC is now. BTC is only viable as a currency  when a central processor like in credit cards guarantees the transaction on the spot, for a fee of curse. Until then my friend, any BTC or ALT over $.000000 is pure speculation
gongomanny

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

Ɓιтcσιη

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 10:33:03 PM

On the other end some ALT have confirmations in seconds making them possible to use as a everyday currency

But how much hashrate these super fast altcoins have ? You need to wait for many confirmations, and even after 30 minutes your not safe if some big hashing network join in, do 51 % attack and invalidate last hour mined blocks. I seen it with some altcoins already...
rpg

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 10:41:41 PM

On the other end some ALT have confirmations in seconds making them possible to use as a everyday currency

But how much hashrate these super fast altcoins have ? You need to wait for many confirmations, and even after 30 minutes your not safe if some big hashing network join in, do 51 % attack and invalidate last hour mined blocks. I seen it with some altcoins already...

you right, but the point i was trying to make is that at a 30 minute confirmation is hard to use BTC. For example, some hotels in europe are accepting BTC. Do you allow the guest to the room or you force him to wait 30 minutes in the lobby? Lets say a  restaurant, are you going to force the customer to wait 30 minutes until you allow him to leave the facility? As I said, until a central processor that takes the risk is created there's no way BTC can be used as a currency except on the internet where's there's already a delay. On the other end BTC can be used as a crypto gold and that's the way it's being used today.
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 10:46:48 PM

I feel like I'm preaching to the choir here though, and you already know this... but if that's the case, how can you argue that it's useless?
Because it doesn't provide any compelling reason to use it when Bitcoin exists already.
For example, people can use Google Chrome or Firefox because they are different enough, but there is little market for a copy of them with only a name and logo change.
You can talk all you want about Litecoin isn't different enough, for some it clearly is. Your opinion doesn't make it a fact, my opinion is completely the opposite and for me Litecoin has enough differences to support it. And as the number 2 cryptocurrency with a marketcap of $ 43,062,060, I'm clearly not the only one.

Your argument is also pretty flawed, lots of people use Chromium and Iceweasel.  Cheesy

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 11:13:52 PM

Okay, so we are in agreement, then? Litecoin is, in fact, dead? Excellent, now I can avert disaster and pull my bid orders for when it fell to < $1.... thanks for the heads up, all!  Cool
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:33:28 PM

you think BTC is not a joke LMAO. 99.99% of this planet have not heard of it. And you know why? Because they are not geeks.

Hah yeah, litecoin is a fail because a couple of thousand less people have heard about it than bitcoin Cheesy

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:39:12 PM

you think BTC is not a joke LMAO. 99.99% of this planet have not heard of it. And you know why? Because they are not geeks.

Hah yeah, litecoin is a fail because a couple of thousand less people have heard about it than bitcoin Cheesy

uhh, way more than that. bitcoin is worlds apart in terms of exposure. no major exchange (Gox/Stamp) even trades LTC, nothing in the Chinese realm, never heard any major news related to it. so..... way off.

and yeah, LTC is dead. confirmed.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:47:46 PM

I don't think anything technical  can justify bitcoins price over the other coins. It is just demand/exposure and supply. When there is some demand and a little less supply for the alt coins then perhaps they will rise.  I think too many alts were made also making them seem pretty worthless with no real use of them. Some will survive and go on to have huge price spikes... but which ones is big question.  I still think bitcoin is totally over valued right now and some people will get burned hard in the near future.

Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:48:11 PM

IMO the long term trend has been more a reflection of the FUD about crypto currency in general. (US legislative issues etc) That has nailed the lid on the steady rise of BTC for the last few months until now, but has depressed LTC which would have muddled along in BTCs wake.

However, as the BTC situation becomes more understood, it makes back the ground it should have been gaining, and hits MSM again, then there will be a lot more spinoff interest in LTC again, and a flood of "missed the BTC boat" driven interest in LTC.

Short term yes, it looks like people dump BTC into LTC to try and even out the potholes, but longer term trends are different, as BTC warms up again, LTC is gonna benefit....

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:58:30 PM

IMO the long term trend has been more a reflection of the FUD about crypto currency in general. (US legislative issues etc) That has nailed the lid on the steady rise of BTC for the last few months until now, but has depressed LTC which would have muddled along in BTCs wake.

However, as the BTC situation becomes more understood, it makes back the ground it should have been gaining, and hits MSM again, then there will be a lot more spinoff interest in LTC again, and a flood of "missed the BTC boat" driven interest in LTC.

Short term yes, it looks like people dump BTC into LTC to try and even out the potholes, but longer term trends are different, as BTC warms up again, LTC is gonna benefit....

doubt it. bitcoin hype will result in bitcoin hype. there will be a little runoff for things like ripple and even less for things like litecoin. and we all saw how much the hype did for ripple -- no one even cares about it now and xrp continues to dive.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:42:18 PM

is litecoin really dead? i planned to buy a bunch of times but it just never stopped falling. is this really the end?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: