Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:19:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:59:38 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 10:11:17 AM by Phorna

Alpha sold us 'equipment' to be delivered in July (by numerous announcements etc) and a lot of us paid via paypal and cc payment.....that 30% ..then alpha said
we did not have to pay till prototype and shipping ..but the main point from amex reps view is ...we can only pay the last 70% via unsecured methods and no proof
of equipment no prototype....missed timeline...OR WE LOSE OR INITIAL 30% down.....well to amex reps point of view that is using the good graces of amex as
a front to sell people vaporware under the guise of cc and paypal protection...they were like .....wow ...could not believe alpha pulled this..

Well, the first positive thing (if this is not a trap) I can say about Alpha is that they:

"After much consideration we have decided those who want to wait to pay via CC/DC or want to wait for 'proof' can do so. This will not affect your place in the queue and we are pleased to tell you it will still be based on the initial payment. "

The bad is that with such an amount of claims from their customers they stil have nothing to show to calm people down. And that's status quo after so many months of development.

IMHO they should at once publish the present schedule with points that can be easily verified by customers week by week until the product is shipped.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:32:18 AM

Alpha sold us 'equipment' to be delivered in July (by numerous announcements etc) and a lot of us paid via paypal and cc payment.....that 30% ..then alpha said
we did not have to pay till prototype and shipping ..but the main point from amex reps view is ...we can only pay the last 70% via unsecured methods and no proof
of equipment no prototype....missed timeline...OR WE LOSE OR INITIAL 30% down.....well to amex reps point of view that is using the good graces of amex as
a front to sell people vaporware under the guise of cc and paypal protection...they were like .....wow ...could not believe alpha pulled this..

Well, the first positive thing (if this is not a trap) I can say about Alpha is that they:

"After much consideration we have decided those who want to wait to pay via CC/DC or want to wait for 'proof' can do so. This will not affect your place in the queue and we are pleased to tell you it will still be based on the initial payment. "

The bad is that with such an amount of claims from their customers they stil have nothing to show to calm people down. And that's status quo after so many months of development.

IMHO they should at once publish the present schedule with points that can be easily verified by customers week by week until the product is shipped.

This is kind of the point really. After months and months of no concrete information, everyone fears the worst. They could at least put a picture of them with the chips, but their last update just had more technical diagrams, and not being an engineer myself, could be gibberish for all I know.

Why not post pictures of what hardware they do have? Them with the hardware.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:07:48 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 12:21:50 PM by Searing

Well just a couple points

1) alpha DOES read this bitcointalk thread imho....I just got on to the alpha forums *unbanned* as with everyone else
but CAN'T POST due to my account being changed to 'Visitor" here since my announcement here of FULL REFUND from amex...hmmmmmmm?? Wink

note below:

Summary
Searing Visitor

Show Posts
Show Stats

Username:
    Searing
Liked:
Likes Given:

Date Registered:
    February 06, 2014, 09:17:30 AM
Local Time:
    August 02, 2014, 12:47:45 PM
Last Active:
    Today at 12:47:26 PM

Anyhoo....as you can see I made very few posts and my initial ban I could not remember anything that should have got me banned in the first place
on alpha forums....and since the unban (as of yesterday or so I was a customer me thinks) and my announcement on here that I got a FULL REFUND from amex
 (and my tongue in cheek comment on that post....of " I wonder if I will repost this on alpha forums and how long to get me banned on alpha..
....heh I really was not gonna mess around over there..I want to watch the train wreck so to speak..had no plans to get banned...wanted to watch
now that I've been refunded....popcorn (check) soda pop (check) movement of mindset to 'unreality mode' in order to follow alpha's logic (check)

Anyway can watch the train wreck w/o posting just as well from a Visitor Tag point of view even if I could not post..probably better this way..I would
have cracked under the avalanche of misdirection/illiegal TOS/refund terms and the rest and got my self sh*tcanned again I'm sure..this way I can watch
in the comfort of the Visitor Tag....and watch this poor excuse of a soap opera unfold in all its 'tainted glory'....It is like breaking bad with asic vaporware
thou everyone doing the illegal stuff is MUCH dumber.....(ah popcorn!....drama ...excitement...and my currency returned....revenge is sweet!)

anyway..get on today suddenly I'm a Visitor....so it is official " I am the 'exception' (others?) to the NO REFUND RULE...I always knew I was "special'
this proves it....all info saying no refunds on alpha's part in news on forums etc for the 30% down payment only etc....can't get a refund! All but me!

Others who here who  have managed thru the power of the *voodoo for dummies book* or other means that have done the same 'chime in here"

(I'm sooooo lonely with my cash back now..any body else get a full refund also thru amex? and of course other cc companies how quick? the process?
share details for those still in the alpha gulag please!)    .....how did you do so? We are talking FULL BOAT REFUND here not the alpha gave you back 50% or some such foolishness...you got all your cookies back no penalty etc ..heck I even got the $18 currency conversion fee or whatever amex called it included in refund....whatever that was....

anyway bravo alpha ...now that I'm a VISITOR and no longer a CUSTOMER  I can't post on your forums and you don't have to listen to me announce on this
bitcoin talk forum how you banned me again on your customer forums for what I post over here in the bitcoin forums...

.....well played alpha well played....

such far sidedness would have helped you in all your troubles months ago...good to see your priorities are forum 1st
product/customer satisfaction  second..would not want all them 'pesky' facts we have here on this thread cross polluting the alpha forums don't ya know!
Now if you only had the same level of effort to get your house in order as to your "real" business MAKING A FRIGGING PRODUCT
.. and be a lot less clueless you may have been able in the past to get out of this hole you find yourself in...as to doing so now ..I don't think so

Again others in this thread who got a FULL REFUND via amex in particular and/or cc and or other ...not the partial refund alpha gave out....no 70 pound
penalty or whatever else that alpha states..I mean paypal (more then 45 days) and/or cc company..etc...FULL BOAT refund...let others know on here
please..so we have to help others still in alpha's clutches on here!

Ok OK already Alpha I get it.......I got my refund and NO.... I won't let the screen door hit me in the ass on my way out (jeez touchy)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
marco5109

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:39:34 PM

Alpha Technology

August 02, 2014, 01:31:04 PM
News:

Welcome to the Alpha Technology forum!
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire.

it looks like not everyone is unbanned so far, cause i'm still on the ban list
i don't know what i did, but it seems that i'm not welcome any more.
it's fine for me as long as they give me my requested refund.
regards
hallo_frosch

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:40:39 PM

They banned again everyone who asks for Information about whats going on.
Only Fiaz and his sock puppets are left on the Forum.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:28:09 PM

This would make sense and help their case and potentially quell some individuals' fears, but guess what? It's been asked of them by many people, for months now. Why a company would refuse to post some basic type of plan for execution which could be updated regularly, is beyond me. Even if they were a scam, they could make one up.

It really doesn't add up.

greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:32:08 PM

why doesnt someone make an official unofficial alpha forum Smiley

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:32:55 PM

Well just so everyone knows..I had my customer status changed to visitor status due to the refund
(see previous posts on here for details) but visitors are NOT allowed to post on alpha forums now fyi.

anyway so I'm not banned but now that I am a Visitor I can lurk and read but again can't post
on the alpha forums ...so for those who want to make a Visitor tag and just lurk/read...this may be an option
to anyone banned as a customer.

(should you bother)

Searing

why doesnt someone make an official unofficial alpha forum Smiley

much to alpha's dismay ....this thread is such an unofficial alpha forum....in that we are free to say
what we think as we see it on alpha's antics..ie we can't be banned by alpha corporate types...which
I might add this thread provides a very healthy alternative to those wondering what is going on without
the threat of bans or other stuff from mostly customers in this thread (or so it is my belief)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
SaintRocketis

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:37:48 PM

Again others in this thread who got a FULL REFUND via amex in particular and/or cc and or other ...not the partial refund alpha gave out....no 70 pound
penalty or whatever else that alpha states..I mean paypal (more then 45 days) and/or cc company..etc...FULL BOAT refund...let others know on here

I got one thru Visa.   I used the same info that you detailed on Alpha's antics and was told that it is pretty much an open and shut case. 
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:39:47 PM

I got one thru Visa.   I used the same info that you detailed on Alpha's antics and was told that it is pretty much an open and shut case. 

good to know .keep passing it around as more and more people float in to this forum as they find out what is 'likely'
really going on with alpha...

well that is 2 of us...someone should keep track make a chart or something

Searing

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:44:49 PM

Is there a refund possible for anyone who payed with bitcoins ?

The way it looks from the outside:

-Paying with Paypal,Visa and all these companies that we want to make obsolete with btc was a really smart idea
-Paying with BTC was a really bad idea (Undecided)
marco5109

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:51:54 PM

with the alpha disaster behind me,  i like to give GAW miners a try with a couple of boulder units
anyone has some advice about those units and the service from the company.
regards
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:52:44 PM

Is there a refund possible for anyone who payed with bitcoins ?

The way it looks from the outside:

-Paying with Paypal,Visa and all these companies that we want to make obsolete with btc was a really smart idea
-Paying with BTC was a really bad idea (Undecided)

That's up to Alpha honestly.

Marco, I've heard good things about GAW, including gear being delivered 2 days later (in the US) after order.

Futune

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:48:09 PM

good to know .keep passing it around as more and more people float in to this forum as they find out what is 'likely'

Searing

I tried calling my bank (I payed by visa through paypal) and they said they can't do anything because its was such a long time (2 months). Is there some key words you say that will make banks help? I got only the 30% - penalty refund from alpha.

Thanks
pw4x3r

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:06:42 PM

The only difference between those who payed with PayPal / CC / Bank Transfer versus those who paid with Bitcoin is that those who paid with Bitcoin cannot simply make a few phone calls and get their money back. Those who paid with Bitcoin actually have to follow legal procedure and report them, and possibly pay a few fees along the way. In the end, more of a hassle, but more of a task for legal agencies. In other words, they are going to be really upset with this company and will go to a lot more work to bury them :}
pw4x3r

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:21:31 PM

Searing

I tried calling my bank (I payed by visa through paypal) and they said they can't do anything because its was such a long time (2 months). Is there some key words you say that will make banks help? I got only the 30% - penalty refund from alpha.

Thanks

Yes. You need to call them back immediately. If the person you speak to initially is not helping you, then you must politely request to speak with their boss. Do not accept no for an answer as they must do this. You must state your argument clearly and simply. 'You paid for a product you did not receive. You do not care that two months have passed as this company has engaged in fraud with your money sent via your bank. They have additionally violated the terms you agreed to when originally placing your order. You are demanding a refund of this transaction and as of today a bare minimum of escalation to the fraud department.'

Your bank should also give you the option to call in at any time to add supporting evidence to the case you will have opened.

If they request any supporting evidence, this forum thread alone has enough context with enough links to content to validate all of your claims.
Phorna

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:21:13 PM

Alpha-T is just one guy currently.

Fiaz Malik

Leaving

« on: Today at 07:04:49 PM »
Hi everyone,

To preface; any opinions here do not represent Alpha Technology. For my own personal reasons it is with deep sorrow I must announce I have decided to leave this position at alpha. This bares no reflection on my opinion of this company. I am very proud of the direction it has taken and of the decisions made by senior staff here and cannot wait to see the naysayers reactions when it flourishes. I will be very honest and blunt; I am leaving because I am fed up of this position and believe it takes someone with more patience than I have unfortunately. I know it is just a vocal minority that is abusive but I feel like I am looking after children sometimes, please do not take any offense to this as I am only talking about a small number of individuals and these are simply my honest feelings that need to be said as I have no doubt there will be a frenzy of speculation and FUD as a result of this. To those people I say this, my personal decision does not affect you in any way; I am just a messenger nothing more and I am not integral to anything happening alpha. I will be around for a short while longer and I am sorry to alpha for the short notice and abrupt decision. Do not worry about all my posts being lost as this account will remain as I understand. If anyone does have any questions or concerns regarding this you are welcome to PM me aside from that all topics on this will be deleted as it is my business and mine alone. Like I said I will be around a short while longer so if I am currently helping any of you with anything please PM me ASAP so I can finish off helping you.

All the best

hallo_frosch

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:25:03 PM

Oh.
The Rats are on the Run from the sinking Ship.
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:35:34 PM

Not again a pre-order massacer.

People, stop making pre-order. you can get over it!

here no one can cure you, everyone is sick, neither alpha-forum, you have to get a doctor!

sorry guys! honestly, who is stil thinking about another pre-order? See! you need help...

hallo_frosch

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:42:20 PM

Lets wait another few Weeks, then you could easily see who is childish and who is only realistic.
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: