Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:36:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:28:06 PM

Hilarious fucking thread.

On the one hand, we have assholes selling miners they know will be obsolete and slower than the latest GPU's by the time they are released, and on the other we have fuckwits who pre-ordered now chasing their tails hoping to negotiate faster miners into the deal before they ship, or cancelling their orders at a 30% loss before their processed.

Let me grab the popcorn and work my way back through some of these posts. I'm fucking crying, laughing here LOL

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:42:06 PM

This sounds very reasonable....Thanks
For people who ordered the 5 Mhs model, do you allow them the option to upgrade to the 25 Mhs for the first shipment?

Hey,   

I just wanted to reiterate some points as I feel there are undue misconceptions about our company. Our architecture was built in such a way that it would be feasible to upgrade our units in case we ever needed to. This does not mean it will not come at a cost to us as it will, however we are taking this hit and matching our competitors to ensure our customers get the best deal, not only in matching hash rates but the fact we were the first to start means we can guarantee shipping in July. We are very passionate about this industry and it is our intention of being in this for the long run, we are not after a quick cash grab and in doing this we hope to show that to our customers.

We are definitely able to increase it in time simply by altering the number of chips in our enclosure (as stated in our update one of the reasons we went for a larger enclosure is so it is upgradable in this way) this will of course cost us more but aside from pricing concerns which we will take the hit on we are still at such a stage of development where we can do this and not have it affect our schedule.

The reason we did not initially opt for hash rates this high is simply because this is our first such mining venture and the initial setting up, prototyping, designing and testing will inevitably cost ourselves as well as our partners more than usual, and will take longer than usual (we started in May 2013) and so pricing it any less did not make business sense, this is doubly appropriate considering at the time there were no companies producing such Scrypt miners hence we were offering customers the ability to fund a project to achieve this and with that they are willing to accept compromises. However once we did have our foundations and designs in place subsequent batches would have been significantly more cost effective thus more powerful in addition to being produced and shipped quicker, that was of course the original plan. I say this only to continue our tradition of transparency, this can be proved if you look at how detailed our developmental updates and responsiveness is. Just to add to the point of there being no competitors at the time, if that did remain true, our devices at their original hash rates would have been significantly more profitable at such lower hash rates nullifying the need for us to increase it so dramatically. Just to note, we only take a 30% deposit for pre-orders as opposed to taking 100% when it isn’t necessary, I do feel this is another significant benefit from ordering our miners, also our first batch customers will get priority in the next batch.

The fact of the matter is we advertised a product at a certain hash rate, which is all we can guarantee from our end, external market factors are out of our control, and customers accepted them at that price. So we are of course within our legal right to keep to this agreement. And yet as a company we will not operate like this, we will match our competitors as we absolutely appreciate external factors will affect them and the profitability of our miner. You can expect the announcement of our new hash rates which will match our competition any day now along with more news on our development.

Thank you.

edit: just so customers are aware this increase will apply to the 5 Mh/s model as well, both models will scale equally so expect significantly more powerful machines come July.

retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:09:26 AM

The Gridseed was dead before not on arrival because their policy was clear: for every $6 you give us, $1 goes for development, 1$ for your product and 400% for us to make free hardware with your money.

For Alpha-t i will be seriously willing not to pay the remaining 70% and get a 75% refund of the deposit minus 70£ i will still be better off than with junk 5MHs when everybody else is mining by the 100 MHs

There are many ways Alpha-t can recover, for example open batch one again for more people with a large ticket fee of say 10%, of course no one will take that offer before a singing and dancing prototype is produced.

Wow, KNC putting out a 100Mhs Miner for $10,000 USD?
When did they start having those for pre-order?
That is a game changer.

Dude I told you this would happen back in December. KNC had said they would make a scrypt miner the day they started. Its been in the pipeline for months. But none of the Alpha T crowd wanted to listen.

The post from Alpha T and the hastily copy and pasted news letter stinks of desperation. They have been caught completely with their arses hanging out and are trying anything to stop the flood of refunds.
Its absolutely ridiculous to guarantee shipping in July. What will you offer if you fail? The coin they would have made if they had been mining?

It's pretty easy to make all sorts of promises on an internet forum. You lose nothing if you fail. You go back to being accountants. Your customers lose their money.

I'm amused it took me posting the KNC link on this and the litecointalk thread for you to dream up this "upgrade". You must really have your finger on the pulse over at Alpha tech HQ. You're no doubt running around trying to figure out if you have enough money in the kitty to fund it, if you have to open up batch 2 or just head for the Bahamas.

BTW if you do decide to get a refund don't let them fob you off with 70%. Contact the citizens advice bureau  or trading standards and get a full refund. Their refund policy is totally illegal under the distance selling regulations in the UK.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:08:30 AM

Well Butterly Labs have upgraded their customers 250%
Instead of a 600GHs Monarch they get 1 THs Imperial Monarch the minute they ship PLUS a free 600 Monarch at the end of the queue

Shipping February 30th 2015

hmmm.." hell" is freezing over as we speak got the following emails today

1) got an email I WILL GET A REFUND FROM BFL (..tap .tap tap...ok now that you have gotten off the floor after falling off youfr chair) in that
my april 2013 never ending not getting produccts and upgrade to a monarch 600gh (forced update) it is more then 6 months will get a refund of my approx 5K on this beast
in 45 days.

2) KNC sent an email saying they are making a 100mh scrypt miner for Q3/Q4 for around 10.2k with shipping i'd guess....but will OFFER
NO REFUNDS ON THE SCRYPT MINERS.. got an email to that effect see knc miner thread

3) then got an email from alpha saying they are going to battle the above evil empire (knc i presume) with increased speed etc on their
scrypt miners...be kinda interesting to see what happens heard KNC is shooting for July/Aiug on their unit.

yep ..any moment not CNN will announce "hell is freezing over'

jeez you can't make this stuff up

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:09:47 AM

Hey folks!

We would like to assure you we are very aware of our competitors hash rates and pricing and intend to match them, we started development in May 2013 and are on schedule to ship in July giving us the clear lead. During development we decided to make our units larger and upgradable so we could accommodate increased hash rates with ease, we gave ourselves this leeway for a variety of reasons. And the announcement of Scrypt miners from competitors was of course one such reason that we anticipated and planned for. A full announcement with details on our new batch 1 hash rates will be released very soon!

Translation: We can't screw everyone quite as badly as we'd planned to, now that competition has emerged and they are screwing everyone a lot less. So instead of making an insane profit, we've been reduced to making a reasonable one after we add additional hardware to our units.

+1
likely

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:17:16 AM

Hey,   

I just wanted to reiterate some points as I feel there are undue misconceptions about our company. Our architecture was built in such a way that it would be feasible to upgrade our units in case we ever needed to. This does not mean it will not come at a cost to us as it will, however we are taking this hit and matching our competitors to ensure our customers get the best deal, not only in matching hash rates but the fact we were the first to start means we can guarantee shipping in July. We are very passionate about this industry and it is our intention of being in this for the long run, we are not after a quick cash grab and in doing this we hope to show that to our customers.

We are definitely able to increase it in time simply by altering the number of chips in our enclosure (as stated in our update one of the reasons we went for a larger enclosure is so it is upgradable in this way) this will of course cost us more but aside from pricing concerns which we will take the hit on we are still at such a stage of development where we can do this and not have it affect our schedule.

The reason we did not initially opt for hash rates this high is simply because this is our first such mining venture and the initial setting up, prototyping, designing and testing will inevitably cost ourselves as well as our partners more than usual, and will take longer than usual (we started in May 2013) and so pricing it any less did not make business sense, this is doubly appropriate considering at the time there were no companies producing such Scrypt miners hence we were offering customers the ability to fund a project to achieve this and with that they are willing to accept compromises. However once we did have our foundations and designs in place subsequent batches would have been significantly more cost effective thus more powerful in addition to being produced and shipped quicker, that was of course the original plan. I say this only to continue our tradition of transparency, this can be proved if you look at how detailed our developmental updates and responsiveness is. Just to add to the point of there being no competitors at the time, if that did remain true, our devices at their original hash rates would have been significantly more profitable at such lower hash rates nullifying the need for us to increase it so dramatically. Just to note, we only take a 30% deposit for pre-orders as opposed to taking 100% when it isn’t necessary, I do feel this is another significant benefit from ordering our miners, also our first batch customers will get priority in the next batch.

The fact of the matter is we advertised a product at a certain hash rate, which is all we can guarantee from our end, external market factors are out of our control, and customers accepted them at that price. So we are of course within our legal right to keep to this agreement. And yet as a company we will not operate like this, we will match our competitors as we absolutely appreciate external factors will affect them and the profitability of our miner. You can expect the announcement of our new hash rates which will match our competition any day now along with more news on our development.

Thank you.

edit: just so customers are aware this increase will apply to the 5 Mh/s model as well, both models will scale equally so expect significantly more powerful machines come July.

holy crap....if alpha does this and knc continues to follow thru on how they treat customers we could be looking at an "ethical war for the customer!"

What s a concept.....could it be a 'gasp' real push for legitimacy in the industry? (I mean BFL did send me an email on giving me a refund today also !)

(gotta sit down this is too much...scanning skies for meteorite strike)

Searing

anyone4u

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:32:30 AM

http://hash-master.com/item-type/asic-scrypt-miners
Look at their price for 48 MH/s!!!   I ordered 10 !   So cheap!!!!
 Grin Grin Grin
what a steal!
Package F-120X Scrypy SHA ASIC Dual Miner 42-48MH/S Plug and Play- All Accessories Included -In Stock
$27,850.00
anyone4u

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:36:45 AM

Hilarious fucking thread.

On the one hand, we have assholes selling miners they know will be obsolete and slower than the latest GPU's by the time they are released, and on the other we have fuckwits who pre-ordered now chasing their tails hoping to negotiate faster miners into the deal before they ship, or cancelling their orders at a 30% loss before their processed.

Let me grab the popcorn and work my way back through some of these posts. I'm fucking crying, laughing here LOL
my thoughts exactly
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:39:00 AM

Really sorry but your offer for 30% only was not a good gesture of your part, nobody would have given you 100% so you can't claim that

On the other  hand, KNC can ask for 110% now and refund 10% later and everyone will follow
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:06:36 AM

The Gridseed was dead before not on arrival because their policy was clear: for every $6 you give us, $1 goes for development, 1$ for your product and 400% for us to make free hardware with your money.

For Alpha-t i will be seriously willing not to pay the remaining 70% and get a 75% refund of the deposit minus 70£ i will still be better off than with junk 5MHs when everybody else is mining by the 100 MHs

There are many ways Alpha-t can recover, for example open batch one again for more people with a large ticket fee of say 10%, of course no one will take that offer before a singing and dancing prototype is produced.

Wow, KNC putting out a 100Mhs Miner for $10,000 USD?
When did they start having those for pre-order?
That is a game changer.

Dude I told you this would happen back in December. KNC had said they would make a scrypt miner the day they started. Its been in the pipeline for months. But none of the Alpha T crowd wanted to listen.

The post from Alpha T and the hastily copy and pasted news letter stinks of desperation. They have been caught completely with their arses hanging out and are trying anything to stop the flood of refunds.
Its absolutely ridiculous to guarantee shipping in July. What will you offer if you fail? The coin they would have made if they had been mining?

It's pretty easy to make all sorts of promises on an internet forum. You lose nothing if you fail. You go back to being accountants. Your customers lose their money.

I'm amused it took me posting the KNC link on this and the litecointalk thread for you to dream up this "upgrade". You must really have your finger on the pulse over at Alpha tech HQ. You're no doubt running around trying to figure out if you have enough money in the kitty to fund it, if you have to open up batch 2 or just head for the Bahamas.

BTW if you do decide to get a refund don't let them fob you off with 70%. Contact the citizens advice bureau  or trading standards and get a full refund. Their refund policy is totally illegal under the distance selling regulations in the UK.

Well, what KNC did (which was inevitable) has cause me to get 2.5X as much or more hashing power (or so) for the same price! I am so damn stoked about this!
KNC Miner is probably going to deliver 111MHs or something like that for $10,000. About $90 per Mhash. Alpha Tech was at around $250 per Mhas (on the 5Mhs model, assuming 6 was delivered).

Roughly, Alpha probably will have to up the Mhs to 15 or so to make things roughly equal, a bit more than double.
Of course they designed the units for something like this happening. Chips are CHEAP, the problem could be in the design. Doubling the chip quantity
IS NOT the same as doubling everything else. Just put another board in. It reduces Alpha's profits but such is things at the start of a venture.
So, no worries, I'm all smiles. Still not finished with the experiment of course. Alpha Tech via KNCMiner basically gifted those of us who took a chance a nice reward.

Thanks Fiaz for upping the hash. You guys did what you had to do and we thank you for it.
Note - It is primarily non customers writing the complaints, perhaps all. Most of us have stuck through the experiment and history making.  Wink
We appreciate the feedback and such along the way.
If you guys deliver on time you will have done what KNC Miner did AND MORE!
Congrats everyone,
Its about sharing.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:43:48 AM

Yes, ranking by Customer Support:

1 - Alpha-t 9 (Cudos+)
2 - KNC
Somewhere at the bottom, under many ecological layers, BFL.

retro72

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:29:11 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 12:55:50 PM by retro72

Well, what KNC did (which was inevitable) has cause me to get 2.5X as much or more hashing power (or so) for the same price! I am so damn stoked about this!
KNC Miner is probably going to deliver 111MHs or something like that for $10,000. About $90 per Mhash. Alpha Tech was at around $250 per Mhas (on the 5Mhs model, assuming 6 was delivered).

Roughly, Alpha probably will have to up the Mhs to 15 or so to make things roughly equal, a bit more than double.
Of course they designed the units for something like this happening. Chips are CHEAP, the problem could be in the design. Doubling the chip quantity
IS NOT the same as doubling everything else. Just put another board in. It reduces Alpha's profits but such is things at the start of a venture.
So, no worries, I'm all smiles. Still not finished with the experiment of course. Alpha Tech via KNCMiner basically gifted those of us who took a chance a nice reward.

Thanks Fiaz for upping the hash. You guys did what you had to do and we thank you for it.
Note - It is primarily non customers writing the complaints, perhaps all. Most of us have stuck through the experiment and history making.  Wink
We appreciate the feedback and such along the way.
If you guys deliver on time you will have done what KNC Miner did AND MORE!
Congrats everyone,
Its about sharing.

That's assuming they deliver on time if at all, which is a big if at this point.
Anyway you're welcome.

While I'm here let me do you another solid.

Fiaz. You do realise you have put in writing a guaranteed July delivery. Not Q2/3 but July. GUARANTEED!!
What will your customers get as recompense if you fail to deliver this?
retro72

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:17:03 PM

Lol. Just as I predicted. Re opening preorders. What a joke.

I love this line "the fact we were the first to start (we started May 2013) means we will inevitably ship first" roflmao. I'm guessing you haven't heard of Butterfly Labs
bizzyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652

Don't look at my signature!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:29:27 PM

I love this line "the fact we were the first to start (we started May 2013) means we will inevitably ship first" roflmao. I'm guessing you haven't heard of Butterfly Labs
It only makes sense to re-open pre-orders if existing orders get cancelled.
They will have a R&D/production bottom line to meet...
Not really oracle like predictive powers, more like simple economics...

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░███▀░░░░░░▀███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░██░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░█████░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ░░░████░░░░░░░████
░░███░██░░░░░██░███
░░██░░░███░███░░░██
░░██░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████████████████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░░░░░
░░░░░██░░░░░░
░░░░████░░░░░▐█
░░░░█████░░░░███
░░░░░█████░░████
░░█░░░█████░████
░██░░░██████████
████░████░█████
█████████░░███
███████░░░██
░░▀████░░░█▀
░░░░░
   ░██████████████████▀██████░
█████████░░██████▀████████
█████████░░███▀▄████████
███████░░██░░▄██░░███████
██████▌░░░██▄▄██░░░▐██████
██████░░░░░█████░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░███░░░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░█████
████░░░████▌░░░▐████░░░████
████░░░█████▌▐█████░░░████
███░░░███████████████░░░███
░█████████████████████████░
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
retro72

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:40:41 PM

True. But who in their right mind would buy this pre-order now that KNC have announced? And if you are an existing Alpha customer surely common sense would dictate you buy one from KNC and split the risk. Not double up with Alpha.

They must be cutting their numbers pretty fine if a few cancellations and an apparently "already factored in upgrade" has caused them to reopen pre-orders at this stage.
bizzyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652

Don't look at my signature!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:44:07 PM

True. But who in their right mind would buy this pre-order now that KNC have announced? And if you are an existing Alpha customer surely common sense would dictate you buy one from KNC and split the risk. Not double up with Alpha.

They must be cutting their numbers pretty fine if a few cancellations and an apparently "already factored in upgrade" has caused them to reopen pre-orders at this stage.
I think this has been mentioned before, that it's likely "break even" is covered by the 30% deposit.
As it stands, I think they will be looking at a nominal return or just break even, but at least it will get them in the game...
I'm not sure I would say spending $10k with KNC is "splitting the risk".
If I had $10k to invest in scrypt rigs right now, I'd be all over those gridseed units, they look awesome, and you could have 14mh right now

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░███▀░░░░░░▀███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░██░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░█████░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ░░░████░░░░░░░████
░░███░██░░░░░██░███
░░██░░░███░███░░░██
░░██░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████████████████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░░░░░
░░░░░██░░░░░░
░░░░████░░░░░▐█
░░░░█████░░░░███
░░░░░█████░░████
░░█░░░█████░████
░██░░░██████████
████░████░█████
█████████░░███
███████░░░██
░░▀████░░░█▀
░░░░░
   ░██████████████████▀██████░
█████████░░██████▀████████
█████████░░███▀▄████████
███████░░██░░▄██░░███████
██████▌░░░██▄▄██░░░▐██████
██████░░░░░█████░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░███░░░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░█████
████░░░████▌░░░▐████░░░████
████░░░█████▌▐█████░░░████
░█████████████████████████░
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:29:13 PM

retro72 - I'm curious. What is your intention here? It doesn't look like you are looking out for people. Judging by the content of your posts, it seems like you are just judging Alpha Technology and trying to scare people from doing business with them? You only see the negative. I see the risk and the positive, but you are just one sided. Who wants that kind of perspective here? Just people who are interesting in stopping Alpha Technology. Us customers are very aware of the risks. In large part we have been in this game before, with btc.

The language in which you speak seems like you are trying to nitpick. For example you asked:
True. But who in their right mind would buy this pre-order now that KNC have announced?
I don't have $10,000 to buy a miner from KNC Miner (that was just announced yesterday) but I can come up with 1500 Euro since I put 500 Euro down and have some
time to come up with another 1000. And this started MONTHS ago. The only other choice is a group buy, but I'd like to have the rig and again, KNC Miner just made mention of their rigs yesterday.
The best you can say is my quote of you above? That has alterior motive written all over it. You are too one sided and considering everything communicated thus far, you are off base, and clearly.

With Alpha we have gotten updates which is pretty comforting and they are on track. They have been EXTREMELY communicative to us customers. They have responded on their forum to my and
other peoples questions. But you skip over everything positive and focus on the hate. That just isn't reality.

Also, they are located next to their family accounting business which has been around for years in England. They are not about to run off with our money.
I just don't get your hating unless you have an ulterior motive, and to be honest, judging by your language and totally negative posts (which is unrealistic - you should see both sides of an issue),
I'd say you do have an ulterior motive. What is it? You sure are not creating comfort here? You want everyone to drop their orders, would that make you feel like you are doing a service, or
would you be earning a paycheck?

My suggestion to you, since you seem so intent on giving them out, is to look at the good along with the risks. People see through one sidedness quite easily.

Peace out,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:57:41 PM

I'm personally very interested in seeing how this works out for all those who will be purchasing a mining rig from this company.  They seem to be legit but not sure how effective the rigs will be because I'm not a miner.  Just hope people make some coin from their purchases.
brother3

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:53:07 PM

retro72 - I'm curious. What is your intention here? It doesn't look like you are looking out for people. Judging by the content of your posts, it seems like you are just judging Alpha Technology and trying to scare people from doing business with them? You only see the negative. I see the risk and the positive, but you are just one sided. Who wants that kind of perspective here? Just people who are interesting in stopping Alpha Technology. Us customers are very aware of the risks. In large part we have been in this game before, with btc.

The language in which you speak seems like you are trying to nitpick. For example you asked:
True. But who in their right mind would buy this pre-order now that KNC have announced?
I don't have $10,000 to buy a miner from KNC Miner (that was just announced yesterday) but I can come up with 1500 Euro since I put 500 Euro down and have some
time to come up with another 1000. And this started MONTHS ago. The only other choice is a group buy, but I'd like to have the rig and again, KNC Miner just made mention of their rigs yesterday.
The best you can say is my quote of you above? That has alterior motive written all over it. You are too one sided and considering everything communicated thus far, you are off base, and clearly.

With Alpha we have gotten updates which is pretty comforting and they are on track. They have been EXTREMELY communicative to us customers. They have responded on their forum to my and
other peoples questions. But you skip over everything positive and focus on the hate. That just isn't reality.

Also, they are located next to their family accounting business which has been around for years in England. They are not about to run off with our money.
I just don't get your hating unless you have an ulterior motive, and to be honest, judging by your language and totally negative posts (which is unrealistic - you should see both sides of an issue),
I'd say you do have an ulterior motive. What is it? You sure are not creating comfort here? You want everyone to drop their orders, would that make you feel like you are doing a service, or
would you be earning a paycheck?

My suggestion to you, since you seem so intent on giving them out, is to look at the good along with the risks. People see through one sidedness quite easily.

Peace out,
IAS

+1
retro72

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:55:06 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 01:10:45 AM by retro72

@ Its about the sharing.

My only ulterior motive is to not see the same scam happy shit storm that was BTC asic development happen to LTC.
You may be happy to bury your head in the sand and pray a completely novice startup, run by guys I've got whiskey older than, working out of an abandoned kebab shop won't lose even more bitcoin millions.  I'm not

You seem to think the failure of a company like Alpha only affects their customers. It doesn't. It reflects on the whole crypto community.

If we keep lowering the bar we'll continue to get ripped off. Scammers are circling the crypto community like hungry wolves and all you seem to come up with is "Be positive man"

After the fall of Gox, we're just a couple of high profile failures away from mining for pennies again. So excuse me for wanting to make sure I protect something I've put years and thousands of £'s into.

BTW. It was the constant pressure from people like me that got Alpha to even show up here in the first place and my posts about KNC on this and the litecointalk thread got you this hastily cobbled together upgrade. But hey I'm just a hater right?

Anyway I'm done here. I was just hanging around to see what Alpha would come up with next. I was hoping they'd throw in a couple of strippers and a weekend in Vegas then I'd definitely be in.  Alas they didn't so I'm out of here.. Good luck.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: