Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:37:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529007 times)
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:35:08 AM

when will the hosted hashing begin?

About a month after shipping. And it is only temporary. So it's not like you keep the hashes.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VJLoops

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

LTS Scrypt Asic Preorder :P

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:10:41 AM

I'm pretty dissapointed, I was hoping to see a working unit before the final payment was requested. I'm in two minds on whether to make the payment or not.

FYI my attached PDF invoice was blank apart from the AT header details. Was this the same for everyone else ?

M

my new invoice was correct with the 25mhs to 90mhs text.

edited to add: still havent paid yet as well
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:48:52 AM

About a month after shipping. And it is only temporary. So it's not like you keep the hashes.

er temporary...?? explain further please!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
verloren

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:42:51 AM

not sure what I"m gonna do yet..they say they will have a credit card option in USA to pay but i don't see it
the paypal type option they have payxila or whatever is not "legal' in the usa as a wire xfer service
ie banned....
I have this same problem as well, despite not being in the US. Payza doesn't accept my credit card for some reason.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:33:27 AM

Yeah you guys were supposed to have something to show us.. and credit card options. With BTC down low, no functional device to show, and the fact you JUST NOW started tapeout... good luck getting folks to pay.

Folks, beware, tapeout on a first gen product will always have bumps and grinds.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:53:03 AM

Yeah you guys were supposed to have something to show us.. and credit card options. With BTC down low, no functional device to show, and the fact you JUST NOW started tapeout... good luck getting folks to pay.

Folks, beware, tapeout on a first gen product will always have bumps and grinds.

Hmmm..Ithought they said tapeout was 6 wks ago? anyone? or am I way off base here?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:55:35 AM

Hmmm..Ithought they said tapeout was 6 wks ago? anyone? or am I way off base here?

Fiaz said just under a month, so let's say 3 weeks. So I wouldn't expect it to be completed within at least another 3 weeks. Then we are halfway june already. And then they want to assemble and ship all devices in 2 weeks?

Fiaz, please at least show us pictures of the factory where your chips are produced. Show us pictures of your assembly line (you will need a huge one to complete assembly and shipping in 2 weeks). Show us some real pictures of the cases, or of the prototypes. I haven't seen any of these. All manufacturers are trying to show as much as they can, and you are doing completely the opposite.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:10:47 AM

Fiaz said just under a month, so let's say 3 weeks. So I wouldn't expect it to be completed within at least another 3 weeks. Then we are halfway june already. And then they want to assemble and ship all devices in 2 weeks?

Fiaz, please at least show us pictures of the factory where your chips are produced. Show us pictures of your assembly line (you will need a huge one to complete assembly and shipping in 2 weeks). Show us some real pictures of the cases, or of the prototypes. I haven't seen any of these. All manufacturers are trying to show as much as they can, and you are doing completely the opposite.

well now i guess if ROI an't likely there...do i pay them for the 'toy' factor (and figuring the 20% loss I will take in usd if I do take the refund).....or refund taking a loss...how much 'fun' will i get from this trying to use scypt and how long can i use the dang thing on some kinda funky coin or coins as they fluttter out of alt coin land?

likely I will stick it out for the 'toy' factor in that I did something MORE stupid likely already....have a Titan 300mh on order

go big or go home I guess

but yeah this is likely the last year I'll buy any equipment and the only reason I'm getting some equip is due to bank errors (multiple)
on wire xfers I figured i'd have a huge paper trail and went legit on bitcoin stuff ...good thing to had to show bank my legit tax
forms on my bitcoin biz in usa or IRS would have hung me by my wahhooo....ess... can't even say it hurts too much

anyway because i'm now on the 'light' side of IRS tax goodness...I can at least depreciate equipment last year this year
only paid 550 to show a profit to help my legitness so to speak...so with that on the equip I have here and coming I MIGHT
even make ROI btc to equipment..of course if btc goes up i could make more in real $$$ but not as a straight trade up
anyway....with equip write offs allowed I have a shot w/o them I'd have no shot at btc to equip roi...likely i'll miss low by
15% btc vs equipment ..if btc would hit 1000 usd thank you very much i'd do ok ROI wise with us dollar as a backstop
(knock wood)

whatever..probably the last hand I'll be dealt..in my defense I got the alpha vyper when they said they'd  have a prototype and
such and  you could pay credit card paypal the rest...as to the Titan got that 2 weeks before IRS bombshell 20 days before
taxes due..and before KNC suddenly went off the rails...and me going oh crap....better pay the tax man lots of 'stupid' wire
xfer paper ...was correct in my parinoia

live an learn...anyway if you drank the knc koolaid it may not be the most ideal way to get btc by mining (eh) ...but if we are
correct btc now is better then btc later even if we lose a bit...if we are all wrong and btc goes boom...well..my splash from
space will be bigger then your splash from space on into the ocean of despair (neh)

man never a dull moment

Searing (but I need the credit card option in usa to do this want them 60 days to change my mind if the chip batch is bad)

maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:23:47 AM

well now i guess if ROI an't likely there...do i pay them for the 'toy' factor (and figuring the 20% loss I will take in usd if I do take the refund).....or refund taking a loss...how much 'fun' will i get from this trying to use scypt and how long can i use the dang thing on some kinda funky coin or coins as they fluttter out of alt coin land?

I still haven't really figured it out, but afaik they are still bound by UK/EU consumer law. This means that they are at least forced to give you the full 100% refund if they do not deliver within 30 days of the delivery date as stated when ordered. Also, since it is an internet purchase, you are allowed to send it back within 7 days from the moment you received it without any particular reason and receive a full refund. I would have to look at the specific case, but I don't think they are allowed by law to charge a for cancelling the order.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:06:58 AM

Hi Alpha Technology Litecoin,

Please take a note on the thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=618987.msg6851193#msg6851193

Dear Friends,

We have been noticing that there are lot of times when people start pointing out the pricing difference between HighKart and other vendors, specially for Mining Equipments and also seen sometime other businesses also take the heat as well.

I would personally request each and every miner and community member for please avoid this attitude towards us and others as well. We try very hard to be reasonable in pricing and very competitive as well, plus we try to provide as much possible support to each of our esteemed customers whenever they need so. We go out of the way to support each one and their are many who can vouch for it. It is very difficult to manage a professional bitcoin business in India.

If there is any price difference which comes to your notice please let us know, we will definitely try to better the offer whichever way possible from our existing vendor or will shift our customer orders to new vendor with better pricing which you brought to our notice. There are several members of the community to keep helping us for this from time to time & we are very helpful of them (Without naming them)

I would really appreciate to please excuse if we made any mistake in this appeal and hence forward will look forward for a great community support.

Please note: We can keep pulling legs of each other for fun or we can really come together like chinese people and bring ourselves ahead in the crypto industry.

Looking forward for each and everyone of you to respond to this thread and provide your few cents of wisdom.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Kumar
Founder - HighKart

Yes we understand the price difference and the difficulty in keeping your business up.
If it was a rare TV or a Computer or a Music System the price difference is not an issue.
When it comes to ASIC Miners, the case is different. If one willing to buy at a premium price understanding all the difficulties, tax etc then he will be carrying the gains of the business as loss. ROI in this uncertain mining activity is a real problem.

But these days it appears that Highkart is doing a good job matching prices of many miners to overseas.
And I think if you guys can collaborate with them and make them understand the situation in India they "may" allow you to sell hardware at the same overseas rate after all taxes and margins. You guys may already doing it.

I think you can do something with Alfa-T miners. They are manufactured/assembled in India too.
They are offering same price with free shipping from inside India. So no more Duty.

We wish you to become their official Distributor for India.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:16:31 PM

not sure what I"m gonna do yet..they say they will have a credit card option in USA to pay but i don't see it
the paypal type option they have payxila or whatever is not "legal' in the usa as a wire xfer service
ie banned....
I have this same problem as well, despite not being in the US. Payza doesn't accept my credit card for some reason.

If you are having any trouble paying or have any concerns with your order in general email payments@alpha-t.net and they will be happy to help you.

well are you set up to take credit cards now? if i go to the payment option does it have info on how to pay via credit card via your bank rather then wire xfer?
as you said you were gonna implement?

all i need to know don't want to initiate a process I can't complete by bouncing around that area of payment on your www site.
(that and I've not made up my mind yet ...we btc types are fickle)

Searing

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:06:44 PM

ie banned....

If you are having any trouble paying or have any concerns with your order in general email payments@alpha-t.net and they will be happy to help you.

well are you set up to take credit cards now? if i go to the payment option does it have info on how to pay via credit card via your bank rather then wire xfer?
as you said you were gonna implement?

all i need to know don't want to initiate a process I can't complete by bouncing around that area of payment on your www site.
(that and I've not made up my mind yet ...we btc types are fickle)

Searing

As stated in the most recent update if you are a US customer and would like to pay with a credit card you will need to wait for the new one to set up, I can tell you this will happen in around a week so not to worry.

ok thanks thought it was gonna be quicker then that for some reason...no offense guys..but if the chips turn out bad or some such I'm sure you'd likely
offer us something to keep me around..but BFL refugee that I am (did get a refund after 1yr and 20 days) the 45-60 days on a credit card protection
looks mighty good imho as a backstop

thanks for the quick response

Searing

Pug

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:15:25 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2015, 08:11:28 PM by Pug

-
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:58:13 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 03:08:43 PM by hvezdasmrti

This topic is one big heaven's music for ears of people who know that ASIC is always a bad loterry with scam or negative ROI as main prizes... If they had something to publish what do you think would they publish it? Yeah. But they have only bullshits... No real evidence. Fabrics which produced real SHA-256 products now are producing real SCRYPT miners no matter that this "company" was one of the earsliest "alpha promisers". The Alpha Promises&Co. is just trying to get any more time (maybe to launch new "promisduct")  until they will have to admit how far away from real production they are... I never trusted in ASICs ROI generally, and especially i never trusted in this company. I only laugh how many people jumped on this ridiculous bandwaggon.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:10:10 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 08:00:57 PM by coin@coin

I just noticed the pages for the Viper Products have been updated with cloud mining compensation details:

200Mh/s for the Viper 90
https://alpha-t.net/product/viper-scrypt-miner-90mhs/

Minimum 200 Mh/s free hashing from our cloud mining service (The reason behind this is to ensure we will always be able to match competition even after delivery so our customers have can a certain level of assurance that we are committed to their ROI. This will not be until after delivery and we currently don’t have an ETA so for now it is simply ‘ as soon as possible)

40Mh/s for the Viper 18
https://alpha-t.net/product/scrypt-asic-miner/

Minimum 40 Mh/s free hashing from our cloud mining service (The reason behind this is to ensure we will always be able to match competition even after delivery so our customers have can a certain level of assurance that we are committed to their ROI. This will not be until after delivery and we currently don’t have an ETA so for now it is simply ‘ as soon as possible)

Not such a bad deal, of course once they deliver miners + cloud mining.

Activity: 207
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:30:43 PM

I just noticed the pages for the Viper Products have been updated with Cloud Hashing compensation details:

200Mh/s for the Viper 90

Minimum 200 Mh/s free hashing from our cloud mining service (The reason behind this is to ensure we will always be able to match competition even after delivery so our customers have can a certain level of assurance that we are committed to their ROI. This will not be until after delivery and we currently don’t have an ETA so for now it is simply ‘ as soon as possible)

40Mh/s for the Viper 18

Minimum 40 Mh/s free hashing from our cloud mining service (The reason behind this is to ensure we will always be able to match competition even after delivery so our customers have can a certain level of assurance that we are committed to their ROI. This will not be until after delivery and we currently don’t have an ETA so for now it is simply ‘ as soon as possible)

If this is true, and I can pay from the US with a credit-card...then we're definitely still on for the order!
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:34:45 PM

I just noticed the pages for the Viper Products have been updated with cloud mining compensation details:

200Mh/s for the Viper 90

40Mh/s for the Viper 18

Not such a bad deal, of course once they deliver miners + cloud mining.

Is this for 1 year or for ever?
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:42:25 PM

If they really want to make waves in the ASIC industry, they should ship the cloud hashrate equivalent to their customers as soon as it's available. To have that much "cloud hashrate" means they have QUITE a farm of their own, backed by your hard earned preorder bitcoin payments. There's no reason for them to hold that hardware, it's yours.

anderl

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:57:17 PM

er temporary...?? explain further please!

They are giving their customers mining contracts.  You don't own the miners in the cloud.  They haven't defined the terms of the contracts yet but they will have a limited duration.  You will have to pay to renew them.
anderl

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:03:26 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 06:48:13 PM by anderl

If you read the update carefully they said they were starting the tape out

We are currently initiating tape-out at Global Foundries, meaning our chip design has been finalized and sent to the foundry for fabrication.

Then on the 5/13 update they said they are still in tape out.  They are no where near finished with tape out.  They have another month at least.

Whilst the chips are being taped-out we want to assure you we are working diligently to make certain all other aspects of development are ready for the final stage of production.

Sorry to say but they will be lucky to start shipping the beginning of July.  My guess is mid or late July.  Plus they are doing assembly by themselves in the UK.  How many units can 3 guys crank out in a day?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: