Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:02:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:07:28 PM

Looks like some responses are being deleted by mods. Someone is asking them to be deleted. I wonder who ...?

Another update to simply let folks they'll update you down the road. Did anyone else notice the red herring about the PSU's? Now they're going to be external. I bet the final update on PSU's will be that they won't be included in order to save time and make their delivery. AKA, because they can't get CE certification in time.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:16:54 PM

I couldn't believe it either.

These guys have their priorities ALL wrong.

Fiaz is in the wrong job, as PR/ Social Media expert, I'd have fired him long ago.

Awful... truly awful.
Fiaz is probably the friend they had that knew how to turn on a computer. My dog probably has more PR experience than this spineless buffoon.

I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

I wonder, if there is any hope of succeeding here, do you think you are actually helping things out with the name calling, and with going out of
your way to help destroy customer confidence? I'm all for laying out the facts and investigation, so don't get me wrong, but it seems
like a riot is being started and the sinking of the ship is now being assisted with negative expectations, energy, etc.

Really?? Did you read his post? Of all the questions he could have answered. People are clamoring for information about refunds, the state of the chips, enclosures, cooling, payment processor. He chose to reply to a post about their location.

So yes I think he is spineless and yes I think he's a buffoon. Your opinion may differ but I stand by mine.

You didn't answer my question.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:17:46 PM

There are a lot of UK buyers, why hasn't someone gone over there recently (such as the past few days) to see what's going on? Someone on the ground and on site may be able to discover more than just going through forums.

Full disclosure - I do not have an alpha-t order (thankfully).

When alpha-t first announced, I asked my oldest son, who lives near Manchester and frequently travels internationally, if he would mind going round to their offices and give me the benefit of his impressions of the people and place.

He declined, describing it as 'A very dodgy part of Manchester'. He didn't feel comfortable there and I didn't push him.
That told me everything I needed to know ...

Alpha Technology (INT) Ltd
66 Dickenson Road

Moss Side Family Unit Address:69 Dickenson Road City:Manchester

Top 10: Dodgy British Neighbourhoods
Why is it dodgy? The name Moss Side is enough to send chills down even the toughest hooligan’s spine; a notorious inner-city area of Manchester cluttered with council blocks, it is known as a capital of murder and mayhem, and not the kind of place you go to live happily ever after. The neighbourhood is largely controlled by gang members – said to be up to 500 in total in Manchester – with drug dealing, turf wars and theft a way of life here. Avoid, at all costs.

Our address is Rusholme not Moss Side, a simple Google search would tell you this.

My apologies.  I guess Moss Side ends 3 units down from you.  Not sure if its any better in Rusholme though....

But thanks for the response.  I feel honored that out of all the hundreds of forum members here, some of them actually being customers you would pick me out of the masses to grace with your attention.  I'ts like being blessed by the almighty himself.  Thanks for reafirming yet again why I made the right choice dumping my units on ebay 3 months back.

wilson1973

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:27:30 PM

To be fair about business premises. As a start up you are unlikely to afford the best premisses in the best street, commercial rent around my way for 1000 sq ft is circa 15k (gbp) per year.  Costs are prohibitive at startup, these things come later as and when a business establishes itself and expands.

I honestly couldn't care less where their business is just as long as they deliver.

After all I bet a good 7 out of 10 places you buy stuff from online comes from a similar setup or worse a bedroom, but you get your goods and you leave good feedback, no one will be any the wiser.

Just my two penneth worth.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:28:55 PM

There are a lot of UK buyers, why hasn't someone gone over there recently (such as the past few days) to see what's going on? Someone on the ground and on site may be able to discover more than just going through forums.

When alpha-t first announced, I asked my oldest son, who lives near Manchester and frequently travels internationally, if he would mind going round to their offices and give me the benefit of his impressions of the people and place.

He declined, describing it as 'A very dodgy part of Manchester'. He didn't feel comfortable there and I didn't push him.

66 Dickenson Road

Why is it dodgy? The name Moss Side is enough to send chills down even the toughest hooligan’s spine; a notorious inner-city area of Manchester cluttered with council blocks, it is known as a capital of murder and mayhem, and not the kind of place you go to live happily ever after. The neighbourhood is largely controlled by gang members – said to be up to 500 in total in Manchester – with drug dealing, turf wars and theft a way of life here. Avoid, at all costs.

Our address is Rusholme not Moss Side, a simple Google search would tell you this.

My apologies.  I guess Moss Side ends 3 units down from you.  Not sure if its any better in Rusholme though....

Great, now we are dealing with Logical Fallacies as the basis for arguments.
Let's see, which category does it fall under? The units are being made in India but the location of the organizational team is being put in question due to the neighborhood?
So basically, with this type of ideology we should not support lower socioeconomic areas?
BTW - The logical fallacies covered, include but are not limited to: Red Herring, Ad Hominem, Appeal to the Popular, Begging the Question, and on and on.

Let's keep this fact based. Again, instead of name calling let's keep this on track.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
anderl

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:33:19 PM

66 Dickenson Road

My apologies.  I guess Moss Side ends 3 units down from you.  Not sure if its any better in Rusholme though....

Let's see, which category does it fall under? The units are being made in India but the location of the organizational team is being put in question due to the neighborhood?
So basically, with this type of ideology we should not support lower socioeconomic areas?
BTW - The logical fallacies covered, include but are not limited to: Red Herring, Ad Hominem, Appeal to the Popular, Begging the Question, and on and on.

Let's keep this fact based. Again, instead of name calling let's keep this on track.

I'm just concerned that theft is a way of life there....
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:37:50 PM

I'll leave it to the individual to judge whether my posts have been of help to them or not. But if you think me pointing out the holes in Alpha's stories makes me the bad guy, I can't imagine what you think of Alpha for trying to feed them to you.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:43:23 PM

I'll leave it to the individual to judge whether my posts have been of help to them or not. But if you think me pointing out the holes in Alpha's stories makes me the bad guy, I can't imagine what you think of Alpha for trying to feed them to you.

I clearly said your "research" posts have been of help, I explicitly have mentioned that in this thread. And I'm not calling you the bad guy. Do not cloud my point.
Does the name calling really help anyone out here? The argument has become personal, and we have lost sight of sticking to the facts. That is my point.

BTC = Black Swan.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:50:30 PM

66 Dickenson Road

My apologies.  I guess Moss Side ends 3 units down from you.  Not sure if its any better in Rusholme though....

So, now it is guilt through association? Neighborhood no less?
How about the families nice standing in the community, business wise?
If you are going to judge an issue, look at all sides. Don't collect select data.

I'm not against the facts presented as I just stated in my last post here (and in other places in this thread), but when the energy of the thread is just falling apart and becoming personal, conjecture, fallacy based, purely negative, etc. then it is time for everyone to take a breath and step back. No good can come from a factual argument becoming emotional. It is the proverbial snowball headed down the mountain. Things may not look great, but judging by this thread one would think we are 3 months behind schedule.
Emotion, especially when it gets to the before mentioned level, seems to be more concerned with being right than finding truth and that is a dangerous place to be.
No harm can come from just sticking to what we know and trying to be a bit more factual and less personal. (like in the recent past actually).

BTC = Black Swan.
anderl

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:09:22 PM

66 Dickenson Road

So, now it is guilt through association? Neighborhood no less?
How about the families nice standing in the community, business wise?
If you are going to judge an issue, look at all sides. Don't collect select data.

I'm not against the facts presented as I just stated in my last post here (and in other places in this thread), but when the energy of the thread is just falling apart and becoming personal, conjecture, fallacy based, purely negative, etc. then it is time for everyone to take a breath and step back. No good can come from a factual argument becoming emotional. It is the proverbial snowball headed down the mountain. Things may not look great, but judging by this thread one would think we are 3 months behind schedule.
Emotion, especially when it gets to the before mentioned level, seems to be more concerned with being right than finding truth and that is a dangerous place to be.
No harm can come from just sticking to what we know and trying to be a bit more factual and less personal. (like in the recent past actually).
I

You are right, let's just stick with the facts....

retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:13:25 PM

I clearly said your "research" posts have been of help, I explicitly have mentioned that in this thread. And I'm not calling you the bad guy. Do not cloud my point.
Does the name calling really help anyone out here? The argument has become personal, and we have lost sight of sticking to the facts. That is my point.

Point taken. I'll stick to the facts.  

The fact is Fiaz is spineless:
Deleting Posts
Banning people
Dodging important questions
Hiding in his forum

The fact is Fiaz is a buffoon:
Does not know the Distance selling regulations (even though he tried to use it to steal your money)
Does not know UK tax law (even though he tried to use it to steal your money)
Does not know an IP ban is useless
Guarantees a payment processor before July, even though it's "out of his hands"
Tells easily verifiable lies and thinks no one will check.

I could go on but I'm sure you get the point. But i'll just stick to the facts about Alpha in the future, to avoid making this personal.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:13:49 PM

For those of you that got burnt by these guys despite all the warnings given by other forum members and photos of the said workshop, fear not, for I too am releasing my own 1000Mh/s miner in a couple of months, and am accepting pre-orders. Just send 2BTC to 1JFm3AuzB7HB56ZvycEd1KKiFRKEG8WeZt and I'll do you a special deal! I'll even throw in a set of free steak knives for the first 100 orders.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
anderl

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:17:02 PM

For those of you that got burnt by these guys despite all the warnings given by other forum members and photos of the said workshop, fear not, for I too am releasing my own 1000Mh/s miner in a couple of months, and am accepting pre-orders. Just send 2BTC to 1JFm3AuzB7HB56ZvycEd1KKiFRKEG8WeZt and I'll do you a special deal! I'll even throw in a set of free steak knives for the first 100 orders.

You seem trustworthy...
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:32:02 PM

You seem trustworthy...

Shoot, Alpha didn't even offer steak knives. That's a deal.

At least he communicates with folks right?

Activity: 207
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:04:49 AM

Can you promise delivery time before KNC? You must have some inside knowledge, right!
I heard LTC was going to be added to MTGOX Coinbase next month! Bobby Lee works there!

Grin
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:12:39 AM

You seem trustworthy...

Ah yes, just the response I expected from this crowd lol

Please PM me your BSB & bank account number so I can make sure you don't miss out!  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 01:52:08 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 02:35:34 AM by s1gs3gv

we have lost sight of sticking to the facts.

IAS, lets not blame the messengers.

You sound like the guy who told people not to shout fire in the theatre after the curtains started smoking.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:58:33 AM

we have lost sight of sticking to the facts.

IAS, lets not blame the messengers.

You sound like the guy who told people not to shout fire in the theatre after the curtains started smoking.

I have been very clear that sharing the information is good. I'm simply saying not to change the "attack" to a personal one.
Don't now change this into me blaming messengers. Just go back a few pages and look at my comments to Alpha (which actually got a reply as I stated I might not now go through with
the purchase unless something changes majorly.)

But my "Don't make it personal" comments seem to actually have been taken personally, judging by the replies and continued personal attacks. (And they continue here).

Now you compare the potential deaths of people in a burning theatre with my not wanting personal attacks is doing exactly what you accused me of. Another logical fallacy to the list, take your pick at how many you just covered.

Emotion, is more concerned with being right than finding truth.  I just hope we have not cut off our nose to spite our face here.

BTC = Black Swan.
Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:23:36 PM

What we have learned from the last update is that there is no case manufactured, no chip boards, no PSUs, no heatsinks. PSU, included in the price, is now out of the case. As we know chips are not produced as well. So what's left?
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:55:36 PM

What we have learned from the last update is that there is no case manufactured, no chip boards, no PSUs, no heatsinks. PSU, included in the price, is now out of the case. As we know chips are not produced as well. So what's left?

Here is the first part of the recent update:
We are aware it has been some time since an update and do wish we could apprise more often. This is something that can only be done when it makes sense and we cannot do this on demand. At this moment there is a lot of tweaking and preparation while we wait for the chips as such there isn’t much to show yet. We will soon be releasing a much larger update with full specifications but we wanted to release something smaller now as we do appreciate it has been a few weeks.

In terms of the tweaks due to the increased hash rates: each board will now be 50Mh/s thus the 250Mh/s unit will have 5 boards and of course the 50Mh/s will have 1. 1.2Mh/s per chip was our original worst case figure but we now know each chip will be able to give 1.4Mh/s. A single one of our boards will have provision for 36 chips thus the boards will be slightly higher at a minimum of 50.4Mh/s possibly more we will know when we get the final chips and of course inform you. The worst case power per chip is envisaged to be around 9W and there is every chance we can significantly lower the final output which we very much want to do but more on that in the next update.  We will also be releasing a full guide on how to use the miners both with the WebGUI and without it before shipment (which will begin somewhere from the 15th-31st of July). We are currently producing the power distribution boards, the power from the SMPS will be distributed to every other board from this one.

In order to prevent the obstruction of airflow and to avoid cooling issues the PSU’s will be external; this also serves to reduce the needed size of its enclosure. The connectors will be kept outside so that customers can directly connect the power supplies externally. We will provide these power supplies for you, they will no longer be custom but bought off the shelf so they will be easily replaceable should the need ever arise. In addition they will already be fully certified so do not worry about there being any issues with customs as a result of this. The enclosure will soon be finished and aside from informing you of its final size in the next update we will be sure to release an image of it as well as displaying the external power supply so you will soon know exactly what the miner looks like. Some good news for 50Mh/s customers is that we have decided to use the same enclosures for both models; this will now allow 50Mh/s models to be upgraded up to 250Mh/s after shipment should they ever want to

Well, it is June 21st and the stated delivery date is between July 15-31 (app.) We have around a month and then some.
The chips are hopefully received sometime in early July. I think we are getting close to the delivery date as the mentioned they paid extra for a quicker delivery.
Let's hope the chips are working ok. These are ASIC's and not complicated CPU's or the like so I hope they got them right.
I think the difficult part will be tuning the ASIC's to get the expected hash rate. The last Group Buy I was involved in took a few days here I believe.

Is it not feasible to fabricate a basic case and have it ready within a couple to three weeks? And have the innards ready by mid July? Then assembly.
This is not my area of expertise. (Please someone jump in here that knows the process better.)
I know KNC set the bar with delivery (at least in the past), but it seems reasonable for Dexcel (with years of experience) to be able to have these things ready sometime in mid to late July
if they have the innards by then. I don't think the case is a big worry.

To be conservative I'd say we are looking at late July. But lets see how the end of this month goes.
As I said before I don't think the personal attacks helped but the pressure on the company is heavy and hopefully they are in high gear now. Lets just hope things outside their control
are on our side.

Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: