Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:23:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 02:06:20 AM

I could have done this in my basement.

Yeah, me too.

Never call anything a scheme and expect to be taken seriously!

Really
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:19:24 AM

Wow...just wow.

*And too boot, none of the links he provided on the 'Customer Loyalty' program or the accompanying doc file are even valid.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
jrose120

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:39:55 AM

"Rest assured" there will be no shipment in October. At best they will ship their sloppily assembled garbage by December. In the mean time they're hemorrhaging refunds left and right with no new business coming through the door. How they even expect to still be operating a month from now is crazy. They have broken every contract they set forth. Everyone will want their 100% refund. The Viper is grossly overpriced and even if it somehow ran on fairy dust as a power source would never come close to the competition's ROI.

This is interesting, if nothing else. 
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:58:27 AM

Good,  ignore me again dumbshits. Just like you ignored constant warnings before they opened up payments on this scam. I, and many others, warned that this was too good to be true. You didn't listen, now you got ripped off. Guess what, that makes you an idiot. You don't get any pity for this, there was plenty of warning. This was like buying a handmade lottery ticket from a homeless guy, you get laughed at when you tell people.

like a lab monkey that gets a cookie every time he jerks himself off.  just keeps on going and going and going.  that fuckstick has to be raw by now.

BTW, this thread has turned into an informational source for people to try to get their money back.

I know it's difficult to see with your own goo all over your screen but don't be a lazy monkey.  try to keep up with the thread you're posting on, even if it is just to increase your own hard-on. 

Aww poor you. There is no money to get back. If you are still posting here waiting for responses from alpha you are too late. You should have been demanding your money back from whatever credit card company or bank you used to make the payment months ago. There is no recovery. If you paid in bitcoin, you are done. Why is this shit so hard to believe? You guys waited until SO MANY others had already been scammed, and the other manufacturers had already ruined the market, then you decided that this completely new one must be telling the truth and sent them your money. Beyond stupid.

I did, dumbass. 

as I said, people are using this thread for a different purpose now.  you can keep posting, although most people are simply going to add you to ignore, as everything that comes from your mouth is pointless shite.

back to beating your meat in your echo chamber now.....

Did you lose all your allowance on this scam? Seriously, you write like a 12 yr old. Just like the first person that commented pointed out, a bunch of stupid 12 yr olds got screwed because they were greedy.  I don't care what you are using the thread for, it doesn't change the FACT that it was stupid to make this purchase.

I didn't lose a penny. zip. 

your comprehension skills are lacking.  you apparently do not comprehend what you are reading nor the fact that your opinion of any single person here is irrelevant. 

you may think that all of this running commentary makes you look smart, although it really just makes you look like a pathetic ass, as you feel the need to continue to post "neener, neener, neener" and act as if it's the equivalent of Aristotle.

it really is a sad display and, try as you might, it is not accomplishing anything. 

If you'd like to do something useful take this cornucopia of knowledge that you purport to possess and put together a thread on how to avoid scams.  That might actually make you look intelligent.  all of this bellicose bullshit certainly does not.

SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:12:42 AM

If Alpha-t are shipping in October, they should be able to show large supplies of cases, boards, power supplies, heat sinks, cables, packing boxes etc.

Show us some pictures Mohammud and show us a working Viper prototype mining on multipool.us with cgminer screen shots.

Exactly.  The majority of components should be in.  A production line should be up.

Photos are easy.  If they had anything they'd be showing it.
g6miner

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:35:24 AM

alpha just released a new update:
https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-27092014/
any asic expert here to proof these pics of scrypt boards are real or fake or whatever??

The boards look legit; or at least, they look very much how I'd expect a board to look, given the power demands for the claimed ASICs; and is consistent with the previously shown PCB layout images, and

Interestingly, rather than design their own voltage regulators, they have gone with pre-packaged modules (the big rectangular modules along the top). Probably sensible, given that building high power VRMs is a bit of a black art.

That said, if their wafers are finished, then they must have taped-out when they said they were taping-out (the July update) as 2 months is the shortest realistic time frame from tape-out finishing to wafers going for processing.

Based on other manufacturers experience, it takes about 1 1/2 weeks from wafer completion, to chips "in hand". From there, you should allow 4 weeks for assembly, testing, tuning, firmware tweaks, before shipping, and that's optimistic. KNC sent their titan wafers for cutting and encapsulation in early August. They shipped in last week of September, but early results have not been good - huge numbers of DOA miners, firmware incompatible with multipools, and loads of stability problems.

thanks for giving that insight and timeframe. well than Id say it will slip into November Smiley maybe then they are able to ship as power costs are too high for further mining batch 1 themselves lol...
Strigori

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:42:23 AM

"Rest assured" there will be no shipment in October. At best they will ship their sloppily assembled garbage by December. In the mean time they're hemorrhaging refunds left and right with no new business coming through the door. How they even expect to still be operating a month from now is crazy. They have broken every contract they set forth. Everyone will want their 100% refund. The Viper is grossly overpriced and even if it somehow ran on fairy dust as a power source would never come close to the competition's ROI.

This is interesting, if nothing else. 

I wouldn't hold you breath waiting for it. Oct 2015 maybe.  Undecided
g6miner

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:43:21 AM

If Alpha-t are shipping in October, they should be able to show large supplies of cases, boards, power supplies, heat sinks, cables, packing boxes etc.

Show us some pictures Mohammud and show us a working Viper prototype mining on multipool.us with cgminer screen shots.

Exactly.  The majority of components should be in.  A production line should be up.

I think so too. Unless they never intended to ship in July, September, at all?
jrose120

Activity: 119

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:36:41 AM

Why spend the money on building supplies they don't need. After all, this company has how many employees? If Alpha is responsible for assembling your mining rigs then I'm sure they'll crank out at least one or two a week. Probably take them months to build all 10 miners that are actually still paid for. If they wait much longer they won't be shipping anything to anyone. Buying cases and boxes is probably the last thing they are worried about. They can't even keep a phone line operational, and we expect them to perform magic building ASICs?
chrisbfrpky

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:11:51 AM

JUST POSTED BY ALPHA

The update will be soon but in the meantime we would like to address some concerns:

1. Why didn't we go ahead with offering shares?

We were in heavy discussions with our legal advisers regarding this and we were advised against it due to a number of factors. The administration burden would have been very heavy and costly, and as a lot of people have not yet completed their order and others are considering refunds, we of course do not have the necessary data to issue shares to each customer as we would not know what their end percentage shareholding is at this moment in time.

2. Why did we go with the Loyalty Bonus Scheme?

It quite frankly works in the same way as shares would work, however without the additional administrative cost and burden. Those who are worried about the dividends being given to shareholders at alpha technology's discretion should note this would have been the case anyway, even with shares as 70% shareholding would still have been held by Mr Akram and Mr Laurus between them, making them the majority shareholders and decision makers in any case.

If as expected Alpha Technology makes profits from its future mining operations and batches, it would make no sense for it to restrict dividend payments to the shareholders, just to make those part of this scheme and the shareholders themselves suffer. This is completely illogical.

When the company does make profits and there is sufficient reserves in the company, there will be dividend issues according to that, to the maximum possible level, with shareholders and loyalty scheme members all reaping the rewards of the company's success.

3. I'm waiting for the credit card processor to go up before paying my balance, however I ordered before 31st August 2014 am I excluded from this scheme?

No, you are not excluded. You can fill in the membership form and send it to our loyalty@alpha-t.net email right now and we will process it, and as soon as we have received the balancing payment from you we will send you confirmation by email that you have been entered into our loyalty scheme.

If one accepts any part of the company profits or offers, and said company declares bankruptcy, then that money invested for a miner becomes an investment loss.  One would transition from being a consumer awaiting delivery of a promised product to an equal risk partner in an investment company.

Seems to me most folks would be on more stable ground simply demanding their product or a 100% full refund or all monies paid. If AT is not going to deliver, they would certainly push for some type of link between the paid customers and their business plan.
Chris B.
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:48:10 AM

Miners, never go for their alternative compensation.
Demand to deliver as per specification before the date specified in the first contract or if that date passed then demand for 100% refund with interest and compensation.
You will become a loose if you are taking their new shame and arrangements.
Do you think this new company will survive to issue bonus for 5 years? It seems like a day dream for me.

Its very frustrating to see these dramas and these continuous deadline postponing.
You people form a group and decide things than fighting and posting here.
They don't even look at here.
I wonder how they can constantly say "very happy news for you" in all their so called updates.

For forming a group look for some legal assistance or another softwares like FB other than forum.
Forum is incapable of handing this.

I had some hope earlier in them even at later stages but now I believe that this drama will end with something like below.
"We are sorry, we tried a lot, but we couldn't achieve what we promised.
We done a lot than any other company for you. So we did Great!.
Hope you understand. We are giving you miners as said when you ordered.
Here is your 5Mhs miner. You are happy now and we did Great! for you.
We will send you bonuses each quarter for 5 years. So we are gaving you more than what we ordered.
So we are Very Happy!, you are Very Happy! and all are Very Happy!! Very Happy! Very Happy! everyone is Very Happy!
Have your miner and bye bye, please don't come to us any more.
"
juni0r

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:34:14 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 11:50:47 AM by juni0r

These Alpha T scumbag banned me to access their lame forum as I encouraged people to submit a small claim case at https://myaccount.gateway.gov.uk
I tried to emails them more than twice but no reply however they PM me when I put LTCgear affliate link as my signature . See below what they sent. How unprofessional they are.
I do not believe that they will deliver Viper again in October and their loyalty program is to avoid them from court or get more time to stall and keep customers money.

You have just been sent a personal message by Alpha Technology on Alpha Technology.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Please don't advertise on our forum it is not what it is for.

Reply to this Personal Message here: https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=2746;quote;u=288

If you want to take Alpha to Small Claim Court read On
http://www.howtotakesomeonetocourt.info/joomla/
Test User

Activity: 85

Miner and technician

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:05:48 PM

Exactly.  The majority of components should be in.  A production line should be up.

Photos are easy.  If they had anything they'd be showing it.
The main problem with alpha is that they are only middle men.

They don't seem to be doing any of the design or manufacturing work in house. From what I have been able to gather from what little they have said, is that all the design work has been subcontracted out.

Subcontracting work is always a risk, because the subcontractor may not understand the urgency or there may be misunderstandings. It's worth pointing out that one of alpha's early design documents (from July 2013) which basically describes how a scrypt miner might work, and how the process of mining works, was written not by alpha, but by a subcontractor (Dexcel - curiously, the author's username left in the document's metadata is Amit Sinha, Dexcel's CEO).

In my experience of electronic design, for anything critical, you need to give your subcontractor as tight a specification as possible, preferably with a proof-of-concept or reference design. From what I can tell, alpha went to their engineering contractor Dexcel, and basically said "make scypt miner, pls!".

You can see the lack of focus in the design of the miner. There is a very complex, expensive, "viper interface board". It looks very nicely designed for the task, and it must have taken hundreds of man-hours to design, and given its complexity is likely to be expensive to manufacture; they've then needed to do a lot of porting of software to their custom hardware. Everyone else has just used an off-the-shelf $20 single-board computer like a raspberry pi, or a beagleboard.

They've already said that the miners aren't going to be manufactuered by alpha. The manufacturing is going to be subcontracted to an assembler in India.

Donations welcome - BTC: 1f52PwRLHkN4w5uBY6EccKiDYqpLkh13y     DOGE: DCg65AKPG76X5LEtWCqfyRj4a6apYRHR8j
Trust: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432215.0
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:07:33 PM

these remarks about terrorists are racist

Why? Almost all terrorists are Muslim. Not racist. It is a simple fact.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:11:49 PM

I do not believe that they will deliver Viper again in October and their loyalty program is to avoid them from court or get more time to stall and keep customers money.

If anyone is agreeing to accept their bonus compensation, they are loosing their right to sue them.
Keep that in mind and consult your lawyer before writing or accepting anything from them.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 04:56:41 PM

They've already said that the miners aren't going to be manufactuered by alpha. The manufacturing is going to be subcontracted to an assembler in India.

So get some photos from your subcontractor then. Cases, heat sinks, power supplies, cables. I want to see a picture of the plotter output of the Asic masks.
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 06:40:24 PM

---Wrong Thread---

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:50:41 PM

Good,  ignore me again dumbshits. Just like you ignored constant warnings before they opened up payments on this scam. I, and many others, warned that this was too good to be true. You didn't listen, now you got ripped off. Guess what, that makes you an idiot. You don't get any pity for this, there was plenty of warning. This was like buying a handmade lottery ticket from a homeless guy, you get laughed at when you tell people.

like a lab monkey that gets a cookie every time he jerks himself off.  just keeps on going and going and going.  that fuckstick has to be raw by now.

BTW, this thread has turned into an informational source for people to try to get their money back.

I know it's difficult to see with your own goo all over your screen but don't be a lazy monkey.  try to keep up with the thread you're posting on, even if it is just to increase your own hard-on. 

Aww poor you. There is no money to get back. If you are still posting here waiting for responses from alpha you are too late. You should have been demanding your money back from whatever credit card company or bank you used to make the payment months ago. There is no recovery. If you paid in bitcoin, you are done. Why is this shit so hard to believe? You guys waited until SO MANY others had already been scammed, and the other manufacturers had already ruined the market, then you decided that this completely new one must be telling the truth and sent them your money. Beyond stupid.

I did, dumbass. 

as I said, people are using this thread for a different purpose now.  you can keep posting, although most people are simply going to add you to ignore, as everything that comes from your mouth is pointless shite.

Did you lose all your allowance on this scam? Seriously, you write like a 12 yr old. Just like the first person that commented pointed out, a bunch of stupid 12 yr olds got screwed because they were greedy.  I don't care what you are using the thread for, it doesn't change the FACT that it was stupid to make this purchase.

your comprehension skills are lacking.  you apparently do not comprehend what you are reading nor the fact that your opinion of any single person here is irrelevant. 

you may think that all of this running commentary makes you look smart, although it really just makes you look like a pathetic ass, as you feel the need to continue to post "neener, neener, neener" and act as if it's the equivalent of Aristotle.

it really is a sad display and, try as you might, it is not accomplishing anything. 

If you'd like to do something useful take this cornucopia of knowledge that you purport to possess and put together a thread on how to avoid scams.  That might actually make you look intelligent.  all of this bellicose bullshit certainly does not.

Kid who are you trying to annoy here? You can't win this argument, even if you keep trying. If you didn't lose money, and you are too new to even have been around in the beginning, what are you trying to achieve? Know what, I don't care. Nobody does.
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:29:17 AM

I did, dumbass. 

Kid who are you trying to annoy here? You can't win this argument, even if you keep trying. If you didn't lose money, and you are too new to even have been around in the beginning, what are you trying to achieve? Know what, I don't care. Nobody does.

I'm not trying to annoy anyone.  You are the one that came in here and started flinging poo around like a crazed monkey.  I'm sorry I'm not wired to simply take shit from some know it all moron whose idea of business is selling products to grow weed.

You're asking me what I'm doing here if I didn't lose money?  If you don't see the irony of that I can't help you.

I'm glad you don't care.  I doubt that the majority of people reading this thread would agree with your assessment that nobody does, given that you've come here to insult literally everyone and I was trying to help people here get their money back before you showed up with your stupid yap-yap-yap.

There is nothing to win.  This is no contest.  You're a troll who can't keep his fucking mouth shut and is being told to keep his fucking mouth shut.  I don't care if you do and I don't care if you don't, but neither I, nor anyone else, is obligated to read your idiotic comments and not point out what a ridiculous lout you are.  Kid.
bobthenager

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 12:50:53 AM

RickJamesBTC get served my nig. RIP.
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: