Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:07:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:50:06 PM

provide evidence or move your comments to an arian supremacy forum, and get out of bitcointalk.

you dont want to listen so i will teach you :

if you dont understand that you are a rasist or not a very smart person

i guess you never heard of racial profiling.

every mohamed who is making money and fucks up a timeline should be investgated by the  fbi? you guys are a perfect fit for the gestapo

You're a tool. Plain and simple. You, for some reason, are directing an attack at me--the guy who didn't support or call for investigation measures. I simply spoke up to provide some potential reason as to why someone may. You've been on this thread for awhile now whining about things, pounding your fist, and now you're directing your anger toward me for some reason. If there's one thing I can learn from you, it's how to be an asshat. I'll consider myself taught. Thank you sir. If I ever feel the need to act the fool, I will definitely take your lead.

If their names were John Smith you wouldn't even bring it up. You should read Little Brother and Homeland by Cory Doctorow. While they're fiction, things like that absolutely can and do happen in the world today. I'm sure there are innocents who have been locked up in GTMO for years without a trial. Once a government or prosecutor takes aim at you, they keep going regardless of the evidence. Do some reading on Aaron Swartz. The "if you haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to fear" argument is so wrong on so many levels.

I'm familiar with those and the author, and I wholeheartedly agree with your last statement. There is a noticable difference between greedy business folk and someone who may actually have legit ties elsewhere, in few publicized cases have innocent parties been ruined by US Prosecution when abroad.

It's also worth noting folks called for the same "reporting" of Hashfast, so yeah normal white people do get reported as well. In fact, many folks on a daily basis are reported. It's not the best system in the world, but if you think about it, no government is there to serve the people--they exist to serve themselves. So you're screwed either way.

This is sortof one of the reasons why bitcoin came into being.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jrose120

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:39:18 PM

I feel badly for the customers who paid via BTC. The rest seem to have been able to recover their funds. Even the wire transfer customers have a chance, assuming their money is still sitting in the account it was sent to. Get on it if you haven't already started. First come first serve, and when the money is gone from their accounts it's unlikely the banks will eat the losses.

Get your money back, that's all there is left to do. After that sit back and be entertained at all of this nonsense.
Calhil

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:17:05 PM

Funny thing is that people using paypal. cc or wire transfers are in a much better situation than people using BTC to pay for the promise of scrypt miners  Cheesy

BLC & SKC node: addnode=192.3.171.213
BLC: BcaLHiLk74XXSZdebHQY8b3CaoEBLaPtoV
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:43:19 PM

It may very well be just greed and nothing else, however the overall behaviour displayed has been so incredibly outrageous it borders on the sinister. The sinister can reflect sinister motives. And sinister motives can include what?
gushes

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:07:03 AM

Funny thing is that people using paypal. cc or wire transfers are in a much better situation than people using BTC to pay for the promise of scrypt miners  Cheesy

I paid in full with BTC.  I'm not going to see that money back.  To all the people that have won Judgements... So what?  How the **** are you going to collect?  You have to with X amount of months then go BACK to court to ATTEMPT to have the judge seize assets, which probably don't exist.  Even if the machine arrived at my door step today, it's worth exactly what the scrap metal is worth.  They can not and never will be able to produce more than is consumed by power costs.

Lesson learned: don't use BTC to pay in advance... EVER.  This does, however, point out one important flaw in BTC.  Do not use it with merchants that aren't 100% trustworthy.
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:45:05 PM

Funny thing is that people using paypal. cc or wire transfers are in a much better situation than people using BTC to pay for the promise of scrypt miners  Cheesy

Ironic, no?

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:28:58 PM

Ironic, no?

I think obvious is the better word.
FollowMe

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:31:19 PM

Has there been made any judgements via money claims online (or via court) with reasoning written by a judge? (And not coz deadlines were missed by Alpha)
phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:36:43 PM

Has there been made any judgements via money claims online (or via court) with reasoning written by a judge? (And not coz deadlines were missed by Alpha)
Alpha-T knows they are in the wrong and have to refund everyone that has paid for a device.  They greedy, but aren't stupid enough to try to contest any claim against them.

It's extremely clear that until delivery is made, anyone that has paid in full is entitled to a full refund under UK consumer protection laws.  Alpha might try to scare people off from making claims by stating everyone was a business, but that's all it is - a scare tactic.  Even they aren't stupid enough to think it would hold up in court.

I paid in full with BTC.  I'm not going to see that money back.  To all the people that have won Judgements... So what?  How the **** are you going to collect?
Well, you don't even try to make a claim, you definitely deserve nothing back...

And, several people have been paid full refunds by Alpha after winning judgments.  As long as they have money in the bank to pay, even Alpha isn't stupid enough to let a court ordered debt sit around for long.  That next step you mention about going back to court to seize assets is something that Alpha will do anything to avoid until they actually are bankrupt.
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:13:27 AM

Well, you don't even try to make a claim, you definitely deserve nothing back...

And, several people have been paid full refunds by Alpha after winning judgments.  As long as they have money in the bank to pay, even Alpha isn't stupid enough to let a court ordered debt sit around for long.  That next step you mention about going back to court to seize assets is something that Alpha will do anything to avoid until they actually are bankrupt.
^^ This.

For the life of me I really do not understand why people believe they cannot claim if they paid in BTC. Alpha received Pounds Sterling from you via bitpay, so however you paid, they owe it back. Yes you probably won't get the btc back but you will get the Sterling amount you paid.

I have just had a PM from an Alpha customer who has just won a claim. Alpha's defence was STRUCK OUT and a judgement was issued against them. Alpha literally have NO DEFENCE. They have and will pay claims won against them. You can do some pretty heinous shit to a company once you have a judgement, including freezing bank accounts, summoning them to court to reveal their assets and making them bankrupt.

For some reason they are trying to keep this clusterf**k of a company alive, my guess is they want to run an asic farm, so they will keep the company running until they've mined their equipment into the ground then they will dissolve and screw any suckers who swallowed the whole dividend "scheme"

So if you haven't already made a claim, I suggest you do so before the inevitable happens and they disappear. 
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:34:43 AM

I feel for you guys, that sucks.

After my Avalon batch 2 order was like 4 months late due to all the pre-mining Avalon did with it, I gave up on pre-orders. But at least I got my units eventually with Avalon.  Hopefully Alpha is trying to ship a product and not just another scamming thief of the many, like Jon Montroll of Bitfunder.

Being in BTC can be tough. More than half the companies are scams (well mining wise anyways); can make you really bitter.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:59:31 PM

Aren't they overdue for an update? They supposedly had a big milestone a day or 2 ago.

Also for folks who are successful with your PayPal refunds, please post your transaction/refund info (ID's/etc) for everyone else to cross-reference.

Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:49:18 PM

Aren't they overdue for an update? They supposedly had a big milestone a day or 2 ago.

Also for folks who are successful with your PayPal refunds, please post your transaction/refund info (ID's/etc) for everyone else to cross-reference.

There's always a big milestone, followed by a setback. This has been happening from the start. Customers are just being strung along for as far as they can get away with.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:13:34 PM

There's always a big milestone, followed by a setback. This has been happening from the start. Customers are just being strung along for as far as they can get away with.

With so many ASIC manafacturer advancing and improving hashrates , power consumption of their units , Alpha-T has made progress for sure - BUT only on PAPER.
fightalpha

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:46:59 PM

so it was a successful day for me. I payed my 30% deposit through paypal and my additional 70% via wire transfer.

I contacted paypal yesterday who opened a dispute and contacted alpha about it, but the dispute was immediately closed due to the 45 day rule. I called back this morning and pushed the issue until I got transfered to a supervisor. She said she had to do some research on it, so I fully explained the situatoin and how other people had already reported alpha to paypal, etc etc. Within an hour the 30% was back in my paypal account.

Then I contacted my bank on a hope and prayer regarding the wire transfer. Turns out they do have some options on wire transfers (at least USBank does). They are contacting alpha's bank and requesting the funds on grounds of fraud, and I have filed a report with USbank's fraud department as well. I will know more by Friday hopefully- I'll keep you guys posted.

Moral of the story- if paypal gives you the run around, call again, and again, and again. Be very nice to the people and I recommend immediately asking to speak with a supervisor or protection services. It also obviously helps if you run a decent amount of money through paypal every year- I threatened to switch companies and payment processors for a bunch of my stuff which i think helped to put pressure on paypal to rectify the situation rather than just passing the buck.

I'll update when I hear more on the wire transfer.

Hello, can you provide a screenshot with a transaction ID? Paypal says their policy is if they refund one person regarding Alpha-T, they refund everyone. But they couldn't find any record of a refund given. You'd be helping a lot of people out.

I'd post the screenshot on http://fightalpha.net along with your BTC donation address.
ilostmyface

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:35:10 PM

so it was a successful day for me. I payed my 30% deposit through paypal and my additional 70% via wire transfer.

I contacted paypal yesterday who opened a dispute and contacted alpha about it, but the dispute was immediately closed due to the 45 day rule. I called back this morning and pushed the issue until I got transfered to a supervisor. She said she had to do some research on it, so I fully explained the situatoin and how other people had already reported alpha to paypal, etc etc. Within an hour the 30% was back in my paypal account.

Then I contacted my bank on a hope and prayer regarding the wire transfer. Turns out they do have some options on wire transfers (at least USBank does). They are contacting alpha's bank and requesting the funds on grounds of fraud, and I have filed a report with USbank's fraud department as well. I will know more by Friday hopefully- I'll keep you guys posted.

Moral of the story- if paypal gives you the run around, call again, and again, and again. Be very nice to the people and I recommend immediately asking to speak with a supervisor or protection services. It also obviously helps if you run a decent amount of money through paypal every year- I threatened to switch companies and payment processors for a bunch of my stuff which i think helped to put pressure on paypal to rectify the situation rather than just passing the buck.

Hello, can you provide a screenshot with a transaction ID? Paypal says their policy is if they refund one person regarding Alpha-T, they refund everyone. But they couldn't find any record of a refund given. You'd be helping a lot of people out.

I'd post the screenshot on http://fightalpha.net along with your BTC donation address.

I defiantly would donate some BTC for an ID of a PAYPAL transaction that received refund. I am getting zero from my refund request from PayPal.
hm

Activity: 107

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:24:21 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 06:44:21 AM by hm

Perhaps this might be useful, though not tested on claims against AT (?):

If you are an EU customer, you could try to use the European Small Claims Procedure for claims below 2000€ or the European Order for Payment Procedure for claims above 2000€ instead of the UK Small Claims procedure. These are standardized EU procedures that are implemented in national law by the member states. As a consumer, you file the application forms with a court in your own country, not in the defendant's country. The defendant has to reject the claims within 30 days or otherwise you get a title that is enforceable in the defendants country.

You can find the forms in all EU languages on the European e-Justice Portal:

European Small Claims Procedure (below 2000€)
https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims_forms-177-en.do
European Payment Order (above 2000€)
https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_european_payment_order_forms-156-en.do

To change the language of the PDF forms, use the dropdown on the top right corner of the website.
bander

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:14:05 PM

I defiantly would donate some BTC for an ID of a PAYPAL transaction that received refund. I am getting zero from my refund request from PayPal.

I've posted this to fightalpha: http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=30.0
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:44:23 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 08:02:29 PM by SimonBeCoinin

That's awesome.  If some people want to post similar info on their court cases as well it would help.  Images of orders, etc.  Somebody said that the court tossed Alpha's case/argument out, which doesn't surprise me but I didn't have to take mine that route so I don't have that sort of documentation.

I have gotten my refund from a CC company, but have been in contact with PayPal over this to try to solidify their information and have been explaining the legal grounds to a caseworker person with respect to the DSR and Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 what Alpha has been trying to do in terms of categorizing these purchases as B2B after the fact.  

They do see the point and are not arguing it at this point, however, they've asked if I could provide any info from those court cases.  Obviously if people don't want to post personal info here, or hand it to me that's understandable.  If you can PM me we can talk about how to get it to PayPal.   Maybe just redact the persona info post a doc somewhere or something.  

I have worked my way into their legal people and they are listening at this point, just asking for further documentation that people have successfully won these filing and the UK courts have already ruled in this fashion.  

Basically, whatever documentation can be pulled together in an organized fashion on this will help.
fightalpha

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:07:14 PM

That's awesome.  If some people want to post similar info on their court cases as well it would help.  Images of orders, etc.  Somebody said that the court tossed Alpha's case/argument out, which doesn't surprise me but I didn't have to take mine that route so I don't have that sort of documentation.

I have gotten my refund from a CC company, but have been in contact with PayPal over this to try to solidify their information and have been explaining the legal grounds to a caseworker person with respect to the DSR and Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 what Alpha has been trying to do in terms of categorizing these purchases as B2B after the fact.  

They do see the point and are not arguing it at this point, however, they've asked if I could provide any info from those court cases.  Obviously if people don't want to post personal info here, or hand it to me that's understandable.  If you can PM me we can talk about how to get it to PayPal.   Maybe just redact the persona info post a doc somewhere or something.  

I have worked my way into their legal people and they are listening at this point, just asking for further documentation that people have successfully won these filing and the UK courts have already ruled in this fashion.  

Basically, whatever documentation can be pulled together in an organized fashion on this will help.

Start your thread here: http://fightalpha.net/index.php?board=1.0
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: