Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:25:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs in 2018 not same as 2017.  (Read 6934 times)
isetter

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:28:55 PM

this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs
I have met so many ICO scams. I think 2018 is no longer the year of the ICO
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 05:31:57 PM

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

It will never help the new investors because when everybody starts at the first time then they think that it is the only chance that they have gotten to make some profits in the future. When the roadmap is published it clearly states how the price of token or coin will go on increasing at different stages of the ICO sale and will end up at least 2x at the end of whole ICO sale. However, that do happen but that is limited for the ICO sale stages only. Once the coin is listed on the exchanger then dramatic downfall occurs in the coins value because people go crazy selling it. So this all happen in later stages and thus new investors come to know this only when they do it themselves.
prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:37:31 PM

Almost everyone can easily win in 2017
2018 you have to pick winners
https://www.coingecko.com/en/ico

justdimin

Activity: 3038
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:47:20 PM

Any investor who has spent a considerable amount of time chasing ICOs and trading Cryptocurrencies knows this a sound strategy to follow, neglecting those few projects that their prices never dipped. But the question/problem that arises if everyone was to wait for the launch and the DIP to buy at corrected prices, then who will buy during the ICO?
Another thing we should also have in mind is that if everyone is to wait for the token to hit the exchange, once it hits, will that not start causing an increase in value as everyone wants to get a hold of the token ? At least, by then, almost every investor is buying and not selling.

It is not really about the short term but the long term, and I have always made it a principle not to go all in during ICOs just in case, and that gives me chance to buy more if the coins dips once it hits the exchange. Whoever is selling below the ICO price that they got it is actually foolish and most times it is so pathetic because the bounty hunters are always the ones doing this.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:51:43 PM

See as per reports almost 60-70% of the total ICO have failed this year because of not total subscription or some becoming fraud.So most have decided not to be part of these which is causing danger to new ones.One probalble reason for price dip is because of traders dumping the coins they get free for promoting the company which cause the prices to be down.But we cant stop this so just adopt the best strategies at that time to gain profits.
Dansamiv

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:13:39 PM

I think the past is what we see, not expect. In the development of the crypto market in 2017, ico plays a huge role in it. an outbreak of investment attractiveness. Teams strive with dedication and unity. 2018 conflicts in the formation and construction of ico. It seems that when the money decides everything, ico is a testosterone for loyalty.
The growth and success of the ico in 2017. makes ico a bargain in the minds of many. They have found ways to rob property many investors. Will scam always exist or will the government invade and protect investors this year?
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:48:47 PM

That's the point I also noted. Can't understand, what is the reason to invest in ICO, if majority of them are really loosers and my decision is that we should buy after listing and only projects with a working product and team
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:51:34 PM

See as per reports almost 60-70% of the total ICO have failed this year because of not total subscription or some becoming fraud.So most have decided not to be part of these which is causing danger to new ones.One probalble reason for price dip is because of traders dumping the coins they get free for promoting the company which cause the prices to be down.But we cant stop this so just adopt the best strategies at that time to gain profits.

ICO investment is same as last year and present as much knowledge on analyzing the ICO. If you have good project background which can grow better in the market as a payment mode, trading or smart contracts.
These all kind of projects recently successful in the market bro.
I believe we need to learn more about project before investing on them. So read the white paper whenever you want to invest on ICO.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
investCo

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:21:22 PM

Yes, it's true, but it's not unique for 2018. in 2017 was the same. So try to invest in projects that have a clear business model and will generate stable revenue. There shouldn't be drastic falls in such projects.
infer

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:51:52 PM

ICOs in early 2017 was different from ICOs at the end of 2017. Therefore, you can not expect that ICOs in 2018 will be the same as 2017. Everything changes every year and I believe that in 2018, ICOs still have some opportunity and benefits to continue to grow and develop

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:44:43 PM

It is quite normal to expect the ICO tokens to have a dip in price during the first few months of their launch. It is because of the bounty participants that the price fall because there are many people who work in bointy programs to promote the ICOs and then when the tokens/coins are launched in the exchanges, the people dump it to get BTC in return for it. This is how the cycle had been working until today.
Yeah, this has been a normal trend for a long time now and most especially when the whole market is in a downtrend.

Investors now are either waiting for the price to hit the exchange and willing to take the risk at times like this, since the price will end up going way down below anyway. That happened in my investment with ADB recently, but I had no choice than to just buy additional at the dips anyway and I was able to recover a lot when the market had a little bit of rise back to the ICO price.

First, we are in a corrective market and most market tends to be down at times like this, but if you are considering for an ICO to just wait to hit the market before buying, then that makes a lot of sense right now considering you will even be having a sweet deal more than you would have had when you bought during the ICO and a lot of investors are beginning to get worried with that anyway which makes it totally unreasonable with the idea of having an ICO in the first place.
ahtsham90

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 07:08:10 PM

ICOs are launching everyday but filtering the best one is an art. when there is something out in the market people will follow the trend and try to copy the same trend for few time. There are number of good ICOs out there in market for high return "Evareium" is one of them.

LuvCyanide

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:47:25 PM

I agree with you. The situation on the market is not very good. Almost the entire currency is falling. Participants of bounty campaigns also sell currency after its entering the stock exchange. I think that good projects will grow and make a profit after some time.

Rajs64

Activity: 322
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 09:12:32 PM

Situation has become more worse with threats from Google, Facebook and Twitter on ICO ads ban. Without social and Google platforms, ICO'S will struggle in thier initial run. I hope this dont happens or else bounties will reduce to peanut rewards .
kripto para

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:12:26 PM

The market is too saturated. Too many people were just throw in money blindly in ICOs. Novadays the good ICOs are overcrowded.
Bitcoin-Turkiye

Activity: 1667
Merit: 271

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:28:56 PM

most coin ico falls below price. it is true..   but some coins make x3 x5.. so it is necessary to investigate well. you also see the situation of the market, all the coins are falling.
ICO generally is like gambling for me most of the times. Sometimes, you get to see the token hit the exchange and before you know it, the price ends up going down and then you start wondering why you did not even wait for that period before buying in the first place but we cannot know the future can we ?

I have seen some hit a huge one once launched on an exchange and most times during a high trend, so I am not surprised and sometimes, some investors may just want to make some quick bucks, so it ends up being first come first serve basis.

''ICO generally is like gambling for me most of the times.''
Absolutely I agree..

I usually follow, gambling betting projects, and neo-based projects and lowcap icos,  the rest, to win or to loss = chance,

Turkey Asic miner Best Seller Telegram @Miningci
hridoyb

Activity: 826

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 10:50:26 PM

It is quite normal to expect the ICO tokens to have a dip in price during the first few months of their launch. It is because of the bounty participants that the price fall because there are many people who work in bointy programs to promote the ICOs and then when the tokens/coins are launched in the exchanges, the people dump it to get BTC in return for it. This is how the cycle had been working until today.
Yes i am agreed with u, when ico token sale period investor get bonus token and bounty hunter get also some token.But ico finished and coin added any exchanger most of the people sell their token,as result coin dump.So most of the coin sell half of ico price,but 2017 most of the coin pump and there price was double of ico price so i think this year totally different than previous year

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:00:58 PM

Yes i am agreed with u, when ico token sale period investor get bonus token and bounty hunter get also some token.But ico finished and coin added any exchanger most of the people sell their token,as result coin dump.So most of the coin sell half of ico price,but 2017 most of the coin pump and there price was double of ico price so i think this year totally different than previous year
beside many bounty hunter sell their coin, from project dev still preparing to run away the roadmap and how to selling their product. for run it need more time like roadmap scheduled

Alvaro094

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 01:07:39 AM

beside many bounty hunter sell their coin, from project dev still preparing to run away the roadmap and how to selling their product. for run it need more time like roadmap scheduled

If well the assist a lot bounty-hunters would make reduce price below ICO's price. as well Bitcoin's crash, bear market, scammers. the combination of these factors produce this bad time. sure always there is good ICOs such as SKYFchain, Robotina, Omnitude, NEX.
Agetan

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:04:56 AM

Situation has become more worse with threats from Google, Facebook and Twitter on ICO ads ban. Without social and Google platforms, ICO'S will struggle in thier initial run. I hope this dont happens or else bounties will reduce to peanut rewards .

What is the sifferent?  regarding ICO investment has dropped quite significantly, and most people buy them at discount prices in the start, and then manage to sell them for a profit when the sell ends, and those who bought last get a loss.
So we try to jump earlier than other to get the best price and gt profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: