Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:47:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs in 2018 not same as 2017.  (Read 6934 times)
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 11:57:06 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 12:12:36 AM by Akpuv

this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs

The whole ICO concept of a thing is now becoming very unpopular by the day. The hype is long dead and people are now looking for other ways to invest in crypto other than the ICOs.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
Onestepinhell

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Good Morning

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 11:57:57 PM

this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs

tjat is true as icos arw  hanging a lot of times and i think tajt in 20 we will see something complete
 different then we see now

Sidera | Blockchain Technologies
Decentralized Wearable Devices WEARING THE FUTURE
➜ TELEGRAM ➜ FACEBOOK ➜ TWITTER ➜ REDDIT ➜ LINKEDIN
Onestepinhell

Activity: 462

Good Morning

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 11:58:44 PM

I think people are more conscious of 2018 ICO. The 2017 Where bought out zeal of making money quickly. Scam in 2018 were more exposed before sales starts.
That is why I need to do more ICO investing because the that are not scamming are making millions of fiat per day.
ico is a very interesting and fifficult sphere and i thi k that we will fond it necessary to learn as much as possible about them

Sidera | Blockchain Technologies
Decentralized Wearable Devices WEARING THE FUTURE
➜ TELEGRAM ➜ FACEBOOK ➜ TWITTER ➜ REDDIT ➜ LINKEDIN
RiskySanchez

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:00:01 AM

more precisely because of the popularity of the crypto market that has an effect on every ICO that has taken place and the need for ICO regulation in 2018 to avoid theft of money from investors

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 02:02:04 AM

It's normal when the market is changing. So the market of ICOs have some changes. I thibk that volume of ICOs will recover in 2019. We need to wait annd stop investing in ICOs.
i think what you say is true,
but if we stop to invest in ico. ico will really lose the place to develop.
especially if the ico is very good potential in the future.

we can just keep investing in ICO, it's just that we need to choose. so as not to get caught up in losing a lot of money when investing and while waiting for the market to recover in 2019.

pedpedped101

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:33:41 AM

This has really been competitive in the industry and more so most ICO project definitely goes dip after the release because mostly people trade off to BTC after being listed and most don't keep it because most falls in prize after the release but this shouldn't be a stop for us to invest in because it gives more profit like x5 or x3 and it's more attractive to invest in but it's also delicate so you need to be watchful and do some research on what ever ICO you want to invest in which means not every ICO project has bright future.
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:46:59 AM

Everything in 2018 is not the same as in 2017, in 2018 we are in the process of recession and everything becomes much more difficult. And the ICO has so many scams that make investors feel scared with it. In just 3 months I've seen more than 10 ICOs scam

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
LickKing

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:34:44 AM

Yes, there is no technology that will allow the economic cycle to continue indefinitely. It is clear that ICO created the myth of cryptocurrency in 2017, but now the ICO myth has been shattered in 2018. This is a very fast world.

BruceJu

Activity: 378

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:39:14 AM

This year's ICO market was severely damaged by fraudsters because they caused most investors to lose money, which also led to many listed ICO projects that did not attract more investors!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
alberdina

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 05:09:22 AM

Yes, of course, different from the ICO project in 2017. In 2018 many projects failed because the prices of crypto coins all fell. And I better invest in coins that are already registered in exchange. Because if you have entered a coin exchange, coins have a great opportunity to continue to grow.

stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1294

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:15:44 AM

Yes, of course, different from the ICO project in 2017. In 2018 many projects failed because the prices of crypto coins all fell. And I better invest in coins that are already registered in exchange. Because if you have entered a coin exchange, coins have a great opportunity to continue to grow.
It cannot be considered as failure if the team are still working, most of them are down right now but that is just part of game
and as an investor, we have to understand that. If project is good, people will invest as they will see it as an undervalued coin, and in time it will recover and grow.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
ginobitcoiner

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

BBOD Trading Platform

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:16:33 AM

of course not the same, there are so many differences between ICO that happened in 2017 and the existing ICO, some projects in 2017 are very easy to reach softcaps, because of the trust of investors. whereas this year there were many projects that canceled their projects because they did not reach the softcap.

FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:19:32 AM

of course not the same, there are so many differences between ICO that happened in 2017 and the existing ICO, some projects in 2017 are very easy to reach softcaps, because of the trust of investors. whereas this year there were many projects that canceled their projects because they did not reach the softcap.
The ICO is not going to do much for the price later on. I only purchase the coins on an exchange.because they are more than likely to have a increase in price.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Obelf1928

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:25:40 AM

In 2018, many more ICOs are growing rapidly. It is likely to double amounts of the ICOs in 2017. Now,, scams are also everywhere that can some investors afraid to invest their money in ICO. Whereas, investing in a legit and trusted ICO will really make us double profits to reach. ICO is actually very profitable if we can really investigate the best one and reduce the scam potential. Now, I don't want to think that ICO is very difficult to find. I will think of how to analyze the right ICO and then invest it to hold for some months or year.
Rashid555

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:32:19 AM

ICO in the 2018 are more fine and good than in 2017 and many scams have also come in 2018 so now the investors have aware that what ICO is good and they can invest their funds in a good ICO projects while a lot of coins came into the market in the form of ICO and it will more increasing in the coming years while according to my information in the year 2022 the biggest grip of the crypto over the whole market and the whole world people will see.

Gallifings1953

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:40:42 AM

I am holding a lot of tokens. As I think Token if it can go the trade, the value it will be different. Prices can be high and low but there are many potential tokens
Tasiril

Activity: 122
Merit: 2

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 05:44:42 AM

Investing decision have be made differently in different market conditions. In 2018 also there are so many reputed project that have listed exchanges, but with market condition price has been dropped. As a investors we have to made decision about buying those coin after exchange listing or at ICO. 

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
Recas1930

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:52:45 AM

I think ICO in 2018 is a lot of scam compared to ICO in 2017. but do not worry there are some very good ICO, one of them is USECHAIN (https://usechain.net). Very interactive project with a strong team. I think these guys are waiting for a great future, success to the team and to the investors!
Itell1971

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:59:20 AM

There is a big difference in the ICO of 2017 in the ICO of 2018, last year 2017 I earn big in bounty but this 2018 most of the ICO's I have joined are not good. It always ended up Loose so no rewards can be taken. Some of them also are ended up scam, so sad.
Athe1964

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:03:00 AM

I think ICO in 2018 is a lot of scam compared to ICO in 2017. but do not worry there are some very good ICO, one of them is USECHAIN (https://usechain.net). Very interactive project with a strong team. I think these guys are waiting for a great future, success to the team and to the investors!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: