Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:35:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GoldCoin™ (GLC) Thread - The Gold Standard of Digital Currency [OFFICIAL THREAD]  (Read 309944 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (695 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 10:33:14 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 02:19:10 PM by MicroGuy

i see cryptsy in maintenance mode. any other exchanges working?

We asked Cryptsy to put GLD into maintenance mode until 500 blocks past the fork to give us time to assess network functionality.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AZIZ1977

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 01:06:23 PM

whats going on here ?

Nothing going on. Same old story about that POS coins are the future and POW coins are doomed.

Mr-twister

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 01:08:26 PM

whats going on here ?

It seems this guy - Samurai tried to touch on the crisis and offered to discuss changing the algorithm or adding POS system. But instead disskusii his message is simply removed. I see there are two reasons. Or the developers do not want to engage in constructive dialogue, or they do not have sufficient qualifications, which would implement a hybrid system POS & POW. I have the same wish to see in Goldcoin more progressive algorithm than the it is now there. I only have 25k GLD and I do not yet decided what to do with these coins.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 01:28:48 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 01:44:04 PM by MicroGuy

whats going on here ?

It seems this guy - Samurai tried to touch on the crisis and offered to discuss changing the algorithm or adding POS system. But instead disskusii his message is simply removed. I see there are two reasons. Or the developers do not want to engage in constructive dialogue, or they do not have sufficient qualifications, which would implement a hybrid system POS & POW. I have the same wish to see in Goldcoin more progressive algorithm than the it is now there. I only have 25k GLD and I do not yet decided what to do with these coins.

No, actually he came on the gldtalk.org forum to promote a coin called "Diamond". I politely asked him to stop, and now he's here. Cheesy

If someone wants to fire up the POS/POW debate for the thousandth time, they should start a thread in the main altcoin forum. Even better yet, think outside the box and invent your own reward system. And anyone that questions our developer's qualifications has failed to study the latest client implementation.
Telescopium

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

Diamond good coin

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 01:47:16 PM

I think I warned you. I did not write anything here that is against the rules. Apparently, you want proof of my words. So be it .

MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 01:50:45 PM

I think I warned you. I did not write anything here that is against the rules. Apparently, you want proof of my words. So be it .

The only thing you're proving is your true intention to disrupt and harm.

Goldcoin welcomes constructive dialog but we also need to allow others to express their views. We can't allow one person to keep hammering away the same repetitive message and spamming their own coins of interest.
smarterhash

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 01:54:50 PM

Microguy - I just sent your an email with some information regarding your new wallet

thanks
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 01:59:07 PM

Microguy - I just sent your an email with some information regarding your new wallet

thanks

Thanks. I've just forwarded your email to our developer.
Colonel Crouton

Activity: 354
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:23:56 PM

whats going on here ?

No, actually he came on the gldtalk.org forum to promote a coin called "Diamond" "Shitcoin". I politely asked him to stop, and now he's here. Cheesy

If someone wants to fire up the POS/POW debate for the thousandth time, they should start a thread in the main altcoin forum. Even better yet, think outside the box and invent your own reward system. And anyone that questions our developer's qualifications has failed to study the latest client implementation.

Why don't you just pin his main arguments and your rebuttals, minus references to the coin he is shilling, and pin it in your forum? Obviously the debate about different reward systems is important to have, but too many shills use it to cross-promote coins, which is bad for the reputation of those coins. I don't have to look to know that Diamond Shitcoin brings nothing new to the table except maybe some minor tweaks to PoS. In fact, it's a permanently tainted coin in my mind now that I know that it is too weak to stand on it's own without troll-shills spamming other coins about it.

Ten-Hut!
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 04:29:04 PM

whats going on here ?

No, actually he came on the gldtalk.org forum to promote a coin called "Diamond" "Shitcoin". I politely asked him to stop, and now he's here. Cheesy

Why don't you just pin his main arguments and your rebuttals, minus references to the coin he is shilling, and pin it in your forum? Obviously the debate about different reward systems is important to have, but too many shills use it to cross-promote coins, which is bad for the reputation of those coins. I don't have to look to know that Diamond Shitcoin brings nothing new to the table except maybe some minor tweaks to PoS. In fact, it's a permanently tainted coin in my mind now that I know that it is too weak to stand on it's own without troll-shills spamming other coins about it.

Thanks for your post! Smiley

This is the person's off-topic post in the Goldcoin forum. I let his original post stand and our developer took the time to reply. His 'rebuttal' (which was removed) was simply more Diamond shilling taking the thread further off topic.

https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=3222.msg14282#msg14282

Goldcoin is a POW coin, if someone wants to debate the virtues of POS, they should do it in the main altcoin forum.
wolverine5pl

Activity: 427

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:37:59 PM

Getting back to goldcoin. why so many orphans? so far only one mining pool (hash-to-coins) is good almost none. rest is total disaster.

,,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ,.               
           ,╔▄▓▓██████████████▓▄▄,           
        ╓╗▓▓██████████████████████▓▄µ       
      ╔▄████████████████████████████▓▓╦     
    ╔╣▓████████▀` ▀███████▀` ╙█████████▌m   
   ╔▓████████▌`     ▀██▓▀      ▐████████▓N   
  ╔▓██████████▓▄      └      ,███████████▓N 
 ╔▓█████▓▀▀█████▓▄         ╓██████▓`▓█████▓H
 ╫█████╨   `█████▀         ▓████▀     ▀████▒
,╫████▄      `▓▀             ▀▀      ,▓████▌H
:╣██████▄           ,▓██           ╓███████▓H
 ╫████████K        ▓█████Ñ        ╫████████▌`
 ╠▓█████▀`          ╙██▓           `▀██████Ñ
 `╫███▀`      ▄▄            ,▄▄       ▀███▌`
  `╣██▓▄    ▄████▄        ,▓████▄    ,▄██▌` 
   `╨███▓▄▓████████▌    ╓█████████▄▄▄███▀`   
     ╙▀██████████████▌▄███████████████▀╨     
       ╙▀██████████████████████████▓▀╨`     
         `╨▀▓███████████████████▓▀╨`         
            ``╨▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀╨``           
                   ```````
AdultChain
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
   ██   
Discord
ANN
       ████▓▄▄▐████╒▄▄▓███▌
       `██████▐████▐█████▀
          ╙▀▀▀▐████`▀▀▀`
              ▐████
        ▄▓████▐████▐███▓▄
       ▓██████▐████▐██████▄
       ████    ▀▓▀┘   ▓████
       ████    ███    ▓████
       ████   ▐███▄   ▓████
       ████  ║█████M  ▓████
       ████  ▐M███▌   ▓████
       ████  ▄████    ▓████
       ████  ████▓    ▓████     
       ████  ▓█ ▀█▌   ▓████
       ████  ▓█  ╙█∩  ▓████
       ████  █▌   ▀█  ▓████
       ████  ▀⌐    ▀▄ ▓████
       ████  ║▌    ╓█ ▓████
       ███████████████████▀
        ▀▓██████████████▀
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 04:39:46 PM

Getting back to goldcoin. why so many orphans? so far only one mining pool (hash-to-coins) is good almost none. rest is total disaster.

This is related to Goldcoin's 51% defense system. When large amounts of hashpower are dumped onto the network, Goldcoin's 51% defense system engages. The result is orphans. I'll try to find Akumaburn's post on the subject and edit my reply shortly.

EDIT: Not sure if this is the correct answer, but I just found this: https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=1326.msg6081#msg6081
Crystalicus

Activity: 97
Merit: 12

Money is nothing. Crypto currency is the future

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 09:00:03 PM

Since when then immediately delete posts? What are you trying to hide?

◢▼▼◣                    ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦  DIAMOND [DMD] - Scarce, Fast and Secure  ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦
◥▲▲◤
◥◤      ✦ Diamond ProfitDiamond Multipool CloudminingDiamond Bitcointalk Thread
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 09:04:45 PM

Since when then immediately delete posts? What are you trying to hide?

Say something relevant, or intelligent, or constructive, or something that belongs in this thread and it can stay. Anything that I view as disruptive or "anti Goldcoin in nature" will be removed the next time I check over this thread.

If you don't want to be moderated, start your own thread. Wink
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 06:40:31 AM

Any idea when Cryptsy will bring their wallet back online?  Is there an intentional delay? 

Also - tried installed the latest Mac wallet -- and it gave an error when started.  What OS does it support?  I'm using 10.9.5.

Thanks!

wolverine5pl

Activity: 427

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 08:14:52 AM

We asked Cryptsy to put GLD into maintenance mode until 500 blocks past the fork to give us time to assess network functionality.
noob question. whats fork?Smiley and which block is that

,,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ,.               
           ,╔▄▓▓██████████████▓▄▄,           
        ╓╗▓▓██████████████████████▓▄µ       
      ╔▄████████████████████████████▓▓╦     
    ╔╣▓████████▀` ▀███████▀` ╙█████████▌m   
   ╔▓████████▌`     ▀██▓▀      ▐████████▓N   
  ╔▓██████████▓▄      └      ,███████████▓N 
 ╔▓█████▓▀▀█████▓▄         ╓██████▓`▓█████▓H
 ╫█████╨   `█████▀         ▓████▀     ▀████▒
,╫████▄      `▓▀             ▀▀      ,▓████▌H
:╣██████▄           ,▓██           ╓███████▓H
 ╫████████K        ▓█████Ñ        ╫████████▌`
 ╠▓█████▀`          ╙██▓           `▀██████Ñ
 `╫███▀`      ▄▄            ,▄▄       ▀███▌`
  `╣██▓▄    ▄████▄        ,▓████▄    ,▄██▌` 
   `╨███▓▄▓████████▌    ╓█████████▄▄▄███▀`   
     ╙▀██████████████▌▄███████████████▀╨     
       ╙▀██████████████████████████▓▀╨`     
         `╨▀▓███████████████████▓▀╨`         
            ``╨▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀╨``           
                   ```````
AdultChain
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
   ██   
Discord
ANN
       ████▓▄▄▐████╒▄▄▓███▌
       `██████▐████▐█████▀
          ╙▀▀▀▐████`▀▀▀`
              ▐████
        ▄▓████▐████▐███▓▄
       ▓██████▐████▐██████▄
       ████    ▀▓▀┘   ▓████
       ████    ███    ▓████
       ████   ▐███▄   ▓████
       ████  ║█████M  ▓████
       ████  ▐M███▌   ▓████
       ████  ▄████    ▓████
       ████  ████▓    ▓████     
       ████  ▓█ ▀█▌   ▓████
       ████  ▓█  ╙█∩  ▓████
       ████  █▌   ▀█  ▓████
       ████  ▀⌐    ▀▄ ▓████
       ████  ║▌    ╓█ ▓████
       ███████████████████▀
        ▀▓██████████████▀
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 08:19:18 AM

Not sure - what block the very very recent update was set to?

I do know we are at block 252606 (at the time of this post) and Cryptsy has GLD in "maintenance mode."

Not sure if this is worth mining as Cryptsy has stayed in "maintenance mode" for ever on some coins.

I don't think there are any other exchanges?

Marios_Cook

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 10:44:20 AM

Hi.
I downloaded your new wallet goldcoin-0.7.2.0-win32-setup for Windous 7 which was released after the fork.
 But why did he require installation? I always use the wallet in a portable mode, through .bat file or label for the removable disk.
This version wallet refuses to work in this mode. Perhaps this is due to the fact that you are using an old Bitcoin protocol version 1.0 or there is any technical limitations for it?
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 12:25:20 PM

noob question. whats fork?Smiley and which block is that

A fork is a mandatory update to the network. We asked Cryptsy to put GLD into maintenance during this transition.

I'll get in touch with their support staff and let them know it's okay to turn on the wallet.

Hi.
I downloaded your new wallet goldcoin-0.7.2.0-win32-setup for Windous 7 which was released after the fork.
 But why did he require installation? I always use the wallet in a portable mode, through .bat file or label for the removable disk.
This version wallet refuses to work in this mode. Perhaps this is due to the fact that you are using an old Bitcoin protocol version 1.0 or there is any technical limitations for it?

We have a special technical support forum for these types of issues that our developer monitors.

https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?board=22.0
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 06:23:45 PM

it seems the are a very high amount of orphans now. i may have to remove goldcoin for the time being. in 14 hours i've gotten a total of almost 200 orphans
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: