Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:21:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Been saying for years Obama was not leaving office or coming back as a dictator from hell.  So when?
Vlad, you’ve only gotten crazier since you got here some 9 years ago.  

Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 293 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- The Riddle of the Twin Brothers - Who Were, Are and Will Rule the World!  (Read 382306 times)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:14:42 PM

I just design the PoW. It's up to other people to launch new coins that use it:-)

They should go with a relatively long block interval though (10min), so they can increase the
memory requirement to 4GB or more (where running a single instance takes over a minute).

I'm also a proponent of fixed rewards, since the rate of lost coins is a probably a few percent,
so even a fixed reward coin can't remain inflationary for long.

Translated: Here's the results of what my employer, RenTec, allows me to do on my spare time - created a new algo for the crypto space and give it to them for free so that they can use my new algo in creating new coins where ... wait for it ... my employer with their super-duper signal machine thingy will trade said coins once they hit the exchanges that they may or may not control themselves. BRB, for I got to go and check how my Medallion Fund is doing. Back, as in Adam. It's doing swell. Thanks for asking.

WTF dude, you got any proof of this?  If these guys were for real you think they'd let Dr. Wright and the Chinese miners take over and destroy their plans?  I call BS.  Their yearly bonus alone could sink the Chinese miners yet I see no opposition.  

I think this is Bitcoin Core propaganda preparing to hire these guys are a credible plausible replacement/stand-in for Satoshi in an attempt to shut down Dr. Wright.

At least leave Mercer out of it; I don't like hunting down like minded spirits.

John Tromp is an avid Go player, yet I've posted more times about AlphaGo than he has, of which at last count John had zero posts:

I think its amazing that machine can win againts human, its human that created machine and yet its winning againts human

"Hey, Chuck, after seeing AlphaGo beat Lee, I think it's amazing that a machine can win against a human, given that machines are made by humans. What do you think?"

Speaking of core ...

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Key-ID: 331B6406
Fingerprint: BE9209A6C773FBF91E4ED2E425C33539331B6406
Last updated: 2017/03/25 04:48 UTC

Bitcoin Proof-of-Work Update Initiative

Goal
To research the suitability of alternate proof-of-work algorithms, to test them, and then to implement the algorithm that makes it through these filters as Bitcoin mainnet's new proof-of-work function.

Contributors
  • luke-jr - renowned Bitcoin Core developer - Development
  • /u/riiume (me) - Marketing/publishing
  • r00tdude
  • desantis - is working on a PoW fork proposal
  • ... Perhaps you? If interested in going full bore on this project, please PM me, along with a one sentence bio, then you will be added to this list.

Rule #1: We are not here to debate against PoW change-- this thread is for people who have already decided to help with a PoW change of some kind. It is, however, acceptable (and desirable) to debate exactly what kind of PoW fork, based on data, testing, exploit discovery, etc.

Developer Resources

Media, Essays

Claims Worth Testing
(pm me if you would like to recommend edits to this list)

[BrCoh1] Cuckoo cycle is one of the most ASIC-resistant Proof-of-Work algorithms.

Social

Raison D'être

Bitmain is close to having de facto control of a great majority of the network hashrate:

"Bitmain, one of bitcoin’s biggest miners with a current hash-share of around 15% of the network, is to launch a new giant mining facility this December with 45 rooms, independent substations, offices and a total size of 140,000 kilowatts.
    By some calculations, that translates to around 45% of the network hash-share, but it is not clear whether the new facilities are simply for a relocation or to accommodate additional mining power."
   [ Quentson, A. (2016, February 11). "Bitmain to Launch a Giant New Bitcoin Mining Center". CryptoCoinsNews.]

This poses the risk of:
   - transaction censorship ("PBoC does not approve of your transaction, so Bitmain has their pools exclude it from blocks")
   - double-spend attacks (if Bitmain is not motivated by mining profits (as a KnC miner executive once speculated) because e.g. their real profits come from a ChinaGov paycheck), then they will happily destroy the value of Bitcoin's network by executing double-spend attacks.

Recommended Discussion Guidelines

Given the urgency of settling these issues in order to protect Bitcoin's prime reputation and its adoption rate, I offer the following recommended ranking of types of communications on this thread, starting with the most valuable at (1):

(1) Empirical data - Tests, competitive benchmarks between PoW algorithms when merged with Bitcoin codebase, accurate descriptions of vulnerabilities/exploits with sample code.

(2) Analysis of data - Identification and further extrapolation of patterns in data, technical critique of methods used in tests, model-based predictions of outcomes of tests (if the tests themselves are too resource/labor intensive to actually carry out)

(3) Interpretation of results - Discussion (with proof/justification) of what the results and analysis of the tests will mean for the Bitcoin market cap, decentralization, censorship-resistance, and any new vulnerabilities.

(4) Broader discussion - Including discussion of businesses related to Bitcoin, quotes by notable personalities relevant to Bitcoin, regulations and other activities of governments with respect to Bitcoin, and what implications these things have for the PoW project.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2

iQEcBAEBCAAGBQJY1fjOAAoJECXDNTkzG2QGfcoIAJEp1+LmBom2ZDAEC13PeIdH
8V9w6bP0/dRe2lcrwU5bOSCZHrzqI7JOCUC28KMXrt3RvHUdtuwcnoPpS3Rebaub
+5BloS+OEwSNDb5qvLIJX7dp38GYKThK/Kw70r5/NS+Vh1VMCwZyWd+BLjoMSnmw
QyNZOLSVk9bR7WShxdq0aj4ADGAPhTwBey0/R9CfHZOlQzWHQIVwmOXShOBfDI1O
ENomlu9k1b1fPf5U5V8Zg3rEyPU0nfWLSGjNqwGNeRuofob61XCFfYGHopyPdmRP
cliCCXg1R236sJICFjYJ/c/+gyzw9cxRXwwXseJ/ik2wM/5dl9rzgnQp4TmnNB8=
=fBZw
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

It's worth exploring since it is a more palatable "non-emergency" solution. As for the current fork, be it HF or SF, I like the idea of a memory intensive POW. It would indeed remove China's hardware monopoly -- and subsidized electricity can be found in many countries.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 09:17:41 PM

~Origo~

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:26:24 PM

~Origo~

Dude, I've really stuck my neck out on this research, doing everything but ...

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 09:28:15 PM

Gleb, too much to quote on your last post.

Sooooo...

ASIC resistant?  Garbage.  With the money bankers and the Chinese have it's a matter of maybe 6 months.  

Memory intensive?  Like crap script?  For which I will make Charlie Lee and Litecoin Pay for DEARLY cause he robbed the mastermind behind Tenebrix without paying the real genius dev the credit he deserves.

And what's with the bold print on Luke Jr?  You believe the latest reddit gossip that a fanatic, Maxwell and Back are Satoshi or what?

It's best you get on the BU side before you get rekt, son!  Smiley

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:32:18 PM

Gleb, too much to quote on your last post.

Sooooo...

ASIC resistant?  Garbage.  With the money bankers and the Chinese have it's a matter of maybe 6 months.  

Memory intensive?  Like crap script?  For which I will make Charlie Lee and Litecoin Pay for DEARLY cause he robbed the mastermind behind Tenebrix without paying the real genius dev the credit he deserves.

And what's with the bold print on Luke Jr?  You believe the latest reddit gossip that a fanatic, Maxwell and Back are Satoshi or what?

It's best you get on the BU side before you get rekt, son!  Smiley

The only thing I bolded in that diatribe was -> Cuckoo cycle is one of the most ASIC-resistant Proof-of-Work algorithms.

For some reason they're pushing the technology.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 09:37:29 PM

The only thing I bolded in that diatribe was ->  Cuckoo cycle is one of the most ASIC-resistant Proof-of-Work algorithms.

For some reason they're pushing the technology.

Sorry, you quoted some douche [tenletters] who bolded Luke.  Too bad they can't focus on their leader [inflation control] Back or Gmax [soon to be] minimax. They always gotta throw the religious ones under the bus.  Typical.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:43:13 PM

<apple stoning Vlad>

https://scalingbitcoin.org/transcript/hongkong2015/invertible-bloom-lookup-tables-and-weak-block-propagation-performance

We will talk about block propagation and how it can be improved with IBLT and weak blocks. I will start by talking about invertible bloom lookup tables (IBLT). This was originally proposed by gavinandresen and Michael T. Goodrich and Michael Mitzenmacher wrote an 2011 paper about this.

Now pay attention ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Mitzenmacher

Mitzenmacher’s research covers the design an analysis of randomised algorithms and processes. With Eli Upfal he is the author of a textbook Mitzenmacher & Upfal (2005) on randomized algorithms and probabilistic techniques in computer science. His Ph.D. thesis was on the analysis of simple randomised load balancing schemes. He is a leading expert in hash function applications such as Bloom filters, cuckoo hashing, and locality-sensitive hashing. His work on min-wise independence gives a fast way to estimate similarity of electronic documents, and is used in internet search engines. Mitzenmacher has also worked on erasure codes and error-correcting codes.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 09:50:22 PM

<apple stoning Vlad>

https://scalingbitcoin.org/transcript/hongkong2015/invertible-bloom-lookup-tables-and-weak-block-propagation-performance

We will talk about block propagation and how it can be improved with IBLT and weak blocks. I will start by talking about invertible bloom lookup tables (IBLT). This was originally proposed by gavinandresen and Michael T. Goodrich and Michael Mitzenmacher wrote an 2011 paper about this.

Now pay attention ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Mitzenmacher

Mitzenmacher’s research covers the design an analysis of randomised algorithms and processes. With Eli Upfal he is the author of a textbook Mitzenmacher & Upfal (2005) on randomized algorithms and probabilistic techniques in computer science. His Ph.D. thesis was on the analysis of simple randomised load balancing schemes. He is a leading expert in hash function applications such as Bloom filters, cuckoo hashing, and locality-sensitive hashing. His work on min-wise independence gives a fast way to estimate similarity of electronic documents, and is used in internet search engines. Mitzenmacher has also worked on erasure codes and error-correcting codes.

Noise.

Cinnamon Carter was telling me this kind of blah, back in 2014, and she's like self home-schooled.

Dude, if you wanna stay active on the best thread in crypto you gotta at least come up with some original shit.

I hand-drew that dream.  Ok, the horse was sketched off my [new] iPhone screen, but the random circles and the V were all me.  See?  Go crazy - but be real, be original. 

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 11:10:53 PM

I always felt iXcoin would be on one side and BTC on the other but I couldn't figure out which one China and Russia would choose.

The west are the colonists or colonies so that means the US and Europe will choose iXcoin and Russia and China will choose BTC.

The latter is eager to launch a new currency so I'd expect them to make the first move on Bitcoin leaving the U.S. little chance but to find an alternative, a twin.

Yes:  ORIGO!

I think Russia is gonna dump the dollar.  I've been saying for months China and Russia are secretly buying up and hoarding Bitcoin.

All of the monthly "China Bans Bitcoin" scares comfirm this theory for me.  By scaring people, temporarily, they both, keep the price down and shake out coins from people that are too scared to hold.

This is especially true in China where people have recent experience where in 2007, China easily and successfully banned a very popular crypto currency, called QQ.

In China, if the govt decides to ban Bitcoin, you stand to lose everything you put in it so that's why we get a huge drop on any legit looking [banning Bitcoin] rumor out of China.

That said, I expect one more big scare probably out of China in the next few weeks and most likely one last drop below ~$350 before we start our big run to $2,000+ for Bitcoin [later this year] and an even more massive run for alts.

And that's when I expect iXcoin to rally well above $1.

And then they [the World] will know our name!

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:56:55 AM

How close was I late last year? This close: https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2017/02/21/this-is-the-worlds-first-cryptocurrency-issued-by-a-hedge-fund/#29c7042360b6

While Craib won’t reveal performance numbers or assets under management, USV was sufficiently impressed to lead a $6 million round this past fall. The company also received $1.5 million in seed funding, led by Howard Morgan, founder of the highly successful hedge fund Renaissance Technologies, in April.

From the desk of Numerai Revisited:

I actually read this article a day or two ago! It's a good read, but I'm not sure we're "there" yet. There's a lot more interesting smart contracts that will turn into "smart algorithms" or some-such until people are able to figure out how they work and trade against them. To me, it seems very very unlikely that someone creating a smart hedge fund will not eventually trade against it anonymously once people invest in it.

Be careful of shysters who claim to be working in your best interest. If someone cannot clearly explain how they make you money, then YOU are the way THEY make money. Until we have blockchain-based smart contracts, take stories like this with a HUGE grain of salt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkLs9nVHv28&feature=youtu.be&t=168

Normally, encryption kind of messes up data to such an extent that you loose all predictive structure after you encrypt something. But Numerai has a very special form of encryption that enables it to actually pass data to the crowd and that's the big innovation of Numerai.

With all due respect to Numerai [and Norman Packard], something doesn't smell right.

e.g. ...

<in the voice of the entity (I) who created/runs the "very special form of encryption thingy">: I love Kellogg cereal. Today, I will buy X amount of Kellogg shares knowing full well that within 48 hours its price is gonna rise thanks to the use of my "very special form of encryption thingy" blasting data to my special astute investors.

<three days later>

Fuck me in the ass! Like WTF, only 11.4% profit? Fuck Kellogg's! Today I'm going to buy X shares of World Wrestling Entertainment AND Premier Exhibitions, then tweak my "very special form of encryption thingy" just a tad prior to blasting the el pumpo to, again, my special astute investors. According to my calculations performed on my Casio calculator, I should have no prob recognizing no less than 18.1043% on the ROI meter.

"Numerai!"
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:41:50 AM

You mother fucks are on notice!

Reciproc!  

Looks like you and I took a break from this thread during the last couple days, eh? People are gonna talk.  Shocked
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:59:42 AM

You mother fucks are on notice!

Reciproc!

Looks like you and I took a break from this thread during the last couple days, eh? People are gonna talk.  Shocked

You and I were both fed dog shit about "next week".  Let the mothers fuckers talk.  They're gonna put up hard cash deposits in my account before I get punk'd again.

Mother fucks!  

"Plastic! And, I'll pay you a king's ransom in RateCoin if you uncover the dude who's fuckin my wife."
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 04:48:16 AM

Vlad's just getting scared and does not want to give anymore clues..
Because of The Gamow !

He is afraid of finding a boiled bunny in his kitchen  Cheesy

Vlad the only way to deal with a stalker is to have sexual intercourse with them.
..just sayin' Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:03:09 AM

Because of The Gamow !

Vlad the only way to deal with a stalker is to have sexual intercourse with them.
..just sayin' Wink

Says the Canadian voyeur.  Grin Grin Grin

"Vlad and Gleb. Oh, My!"
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 08:50:52 AM

Because of The Gamow !

..just sayin' Wink

Hahaha.  That made me laugh.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 05:27:40 PM

Download from the Source!

Alpha and omega! 

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:55:04 PM

[.center.]
Download from the Source!

Alpha and omega! 

[.IMG height=333 width=333.]

I cracked your code. Now fix your bbcodes.  Grin

Afterward, crack my code:

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 05:11:22 AM

What in the world?  Is that pre-civilization alphabet? lol

I'm gonna need help cracking that.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 05:26:12 AM

Gleb, you hear the latest theories about John Nash and bitcoin (and IXC).

I'm convinced you and Anonymint are trying to outcrazy me.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:19:57 AM

Gleb, you hear the latest theories about John Nash and bitcoin (and IXC).

I'm convinced you and Anonymint are trying to outcrazy me.

I'm well-versed with Nash, but don't have a clue as to which automaker produced IXC.

That Nash almost looks like a Shriners' car.

Hey, you wanna play a game of Go? I'll be white.  Shocked
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 293 »
  Print  

Jump to: