Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:18:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange ** Buy Bitcoins with Cards in iOS / Android App***  (Read 422133 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:32:14 AM

Price per GHs has recovered quite a bit today, now up to 0.0559939. I had bought 1 GHs at 0.055 so if I sell now I'd make 0.0009939. LOL. I love cex, what else can I say? I'm keeping my shares here, let it ride.

To those of you who keep saying "it will always go down," 100% certainty that it will go down.

I'm sorry but the facts don't bear your sentiments. Price will fluctuate, of course but it has been trading within a narrow range, usually. The past few days have been anomalous.

Hopefully, GHs price will recover and go up in 2014.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dalepa

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:24:39 AM

Make that 2 people that made the cex.io mistake... got out just before the big crash last night, so not much of a loss over the past 2 weeks...

Once I discovered that the the price of GHS/BTC has fallen over 400% in 3 months, I bailed...   CEX really needs to put up a chart that longer that one month.  One month chart is misleading.

I have a feeling that CEX is the only one making $$..  I heard that they are dumping up the 5 THS daily into this market ?  Maybe someone can confirm?

The current price should be at .015, not 055.   At .015 there is room for a profit.

You are one of the few people to have gone into CEX.IO and admitted their mistake.

If you read earlier in this thread you will see that you have said pretty much all that I have.

The price of GHS trends downwards all the time. Any long-term position will be a losing one.

There is no chance of being a successful long-term trader of GHS in a skewed market where the price is always trending downwards.

Any attempt at guessing a temporary move upwards would be gambling not trading.

And finally, yes an instrument to short GHS would be ideal. But anyone would be a fool to sell one to us. Nobody would sell an option or a futures contract on a commodity whose price at some forward date will be lower than it is now with probability 1.0

The only people talking up GHS on CEX.IO are people with affiliate links to CEX.IO at the bottom of their signature.

Now, you and I will see the idiots' replies.

when i found cex i immediately transferred funds there and luckily haven't bought anything, after some reading I came to conclusion cex.io is loose loose situation, and took my money out

if i buy ghs from cex there are two possible outcomes:
1. if i wait long enough for it to mine something, i will have btc it mined but will loose more on its value - this will never roi
2. to earn only option is to be lucky enough to catch the correction - buy and sell quickly cause long term price will definitely drop. this is "trading"/gambling and for this there are better places

price of ghs will always go down cause it mines less meaning its value is dropping

in cex built in calculator they mix usd with btc and ignore difficuly thats why its confusing

too bad i can't do short on ghs this would be a winner Grin
pcotter

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:37:05 AM

ghash.io internet adresses  were changed. I just noticed that because i was having problems with my miners connecting with the old adresses....

Was issued  some kind of official notification to the users? Guess communication is not their strongest feature....

Anyway servers are now changed to :
uk1.ghash.io:3333 or us1.ghash.io:3333
mobile

Activity: 400

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:15:26 PM

Once I discovered that the the price of GHS/BTC has fallen over 400% in 3 months, I bailed...   CEX really needs to put up a chart that longer that one month.  One month chart is misleading.
Its expected to fall related to difficulty adjustment, but cex.io it is not always the case. Did you expect otherwise?

I have a feeling that CEX is the only one making $$..
Ive been pushing a low volume on here <1BTC (mostly because a P2P borrower defaulted on me & thats all i have) since mid october. Not throwing around any specific figures, I have made a pretty profit on here. cex.io is a for profit business and I am sure they are profiting from it and thats ok. Free Market Capitalism at its finest if you ask me.

The current price should be at .015, not 055.   At .015 there is room for a profit.

While your probably just thinking out loud (as I have done this many times in my disbelief in the price) This has been discussed, beat into the ground, rinsed & repeated ever since this service came online. Here is one of the many unofficial threads discussing this. The fact of the matter is, cex.io is the only provider that provides the ability to buy & sell GH's instantly, with a trade interface, with a web interface & API. Its convient, you dont have to buy hardware, wait for it to ship, deal with breakdowns, deal with shipping delays etc etc etc. Yes, its risky as hell. Its more of a gambling market but is it profitable. Yes, indeed it can be very profitable if you get in and get out at the right times. But so is the very nature of cryptocurrencies in general at the moment. Murhphy law states that the second you dump BTC in here its going to crash. Throw some trading emotion in the mix and your doubly screwed.

The price of GHS trends downwards all the time. Any long-term position will be a losing one.

There is no chance of being a successful long-term trader of GHS in a skewed market where the price is always trending downwards.

Any attempt at guessing a temporary move upwards would be gambling not trading.

The only people talking up GHS on CEX.IO are people with affiliate links to CEX.IO at the bottom of their signature.

Yes, I cant argue that  a long term position will be a loosing one but 9 times out of 10 this market will surprise you.

Gambling, a high risk ball game...call it what you want. The fact of the matter is the high risk in this game come with high profitability if you do it right. There is lots of BTC to be had.

I do not have a cex.io affiliate link in my signature Tongue

when i found cex i immediately transferred funds there and luckily haven't bought anything, after some reading I came to conclusion cex.io is loose loose situation, and took my money out

if i buy ghs from cex there are two possible outcomes:
1. if i wait long enough for it to mine something, i will have btc it mined but will loose more on its value - this will never roi
2. to earn only option is to be lucky enough to catch the correction - buy and sell quickly cause long term price will definitely drop. this is "trading"/gambling and for this there are better places

price of ghs will always go down cause it mines less meaning its value is dropping

Well if you pushed some volume & were trying to make a quick bit, the price dropped down to 0.041 and is back up to 0.055 at time of writing, thats a hell of a profit margin if you ask me.

Sure there is no argument against there are many other places you can place your BTC and be a high risk of a loss.

You would think that the price of GH's would go down related to difficulty adjustments. But again restating, this is not the case in this market. Supply and demand does funny things especially in the crypto markets. This has even bled over to hardware sales on ebay. There are still daily sales of block erupters selling for $40-$50...now that is outrageous if you ask me.

Cheers everyone....

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
cianz

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:51:48 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 04:54:15 PM by cianz

2 days price range is 0.0755 - 0.041 most of people lost their money about %50
pcotter

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:59:37 PM

Hello,

Getting again duplicates... a lot of them. Why is that? Is that a hardware problem? Using Blades with Slush proxy server.

Thanks
coin123123

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:16:05 PM

It is not correct when you say "in cex price this is not the case"..

It's like there was an potato market where exactly same potatoes, would valued 10 times higher than same potato elsewhere.

In cex this is the case because of false data.

They market their potato as it is more valuable than others, but it is same rotting potato which looses price as everywhere else.

I consider this as a sophisticated fraud cause they present data not as it really is, and prices stay high cause there are many people to believe these lies.
Their built in calculator is on purpose mixing USD with BTC and on purpose ignoring difficulty.
dalepa

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:28:31 PM

CEX needs to put some limits on the day trading aspect of the site.   

The idea of instantly buying GHS is a great one, but its turned into a day trading site that might as well be selling potatoes because the price of GHS is not in inline with any profits that can be made by mining.   

The only way to profit is to day trade GHS.  Day traders and the elephants in the room are causing an artificial price and panics on the market.

Maybe requiring a hold all buys for X days would stabilize the price and bring many more buying into the market?

It's like there was an potato market where exactly same potatoes, would valued 10 times higher than same potato elsewhere.

They market their potato as it is more valuable than others, but it is same rotting potato which looses price as everywhere else.

I consider this as a sophisticated fraud cause they present data not as it really is, and prices stay high cause there are many people to believe these lies.
Their built in calculator is on purpose mixing USD with BTC and on purpose ignoring difficulty.

siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:48:20 PM

ghash.io internet adresses  were changed. I just noticed that because i was having problems with my miners connecting with the old adresses....

Was issued  some kind of official notification to the users? Guess communication is not their strongest feature....

Anyway servers are now changed to :
uk1.ghash.io:3333 or us1.ghash.io:3333

No, honest communications aren't their strong suit.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
odie158

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:19:04 AM

Doesn't seem overpriced to me considering the convenience and immediate delivery.
CEX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 02:42:25 PM

Hey CEX.IO users,

Here are a couple of updates, for you to be informed:

1) We have added another stratum server: uk1.ghash.io:3333
This stratum server did not replace nl.ghash.io, we just want to even out the load on our servers.
nl.ghash.io is still operating, we just do not recommend new users connecting to it.

2) We have released BTC/LTC trading to the public!
Now all users are able to purchase LTC for BTC and vice versa.

Thank you for all your support, and happy trading!

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
coin123123

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:49:04 PM

good news for cex users (i think Grin)

after price falling from 0.08 to 0.04 meaning everybody lost half their investments maybe you can cash out with litecoin and pray price will syrocket so you can at least break even Grin
Sicks3144

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:46:56 PM

Signup page appears to be broken; "Create Account" does nothing (beyond a Google Analytics request). Tested in both Chrome and FF.
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:00:55 PM

Signup page appears to be broken; "Create Account" does nothing (beyond a Google Analytics request). Tested in both Chrome and FF.

Oh wow.... Thank you for pointing it out.
We will fix that ASAP.

Cheers.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
CEX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:29:08 PM

Th

The signup bug was fixed.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

JayBee66

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:29:06 PM

I see CEX.IO have dropped the 3-month chart option. We wouldn't want investors/gamblers getting heart attacks.

At this rate CEX.IO will drop the 1-month chart too.

I have been charting CEX.IO since October 1st. It doesn't look good. Think lemmings and cliffs.

And now a post from your local CEX.IO affiliate...
coin123123

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:10:23 PM

I see CEX.IO have dropped the 3-month chart option. We wouldn't want investors/gamblers getting heart attacks.

I have been charting CEX.IO since October 1st. It doesn't look good. Think lemmings and cliffs.

in one months chart its fallen 50% 3 months chart is a scary thing

tries to look for price back ago and seems like someone doing good job at hiding information...

so that lead me to deeper searching and here are cex prices:

Jul 24, 2013 - 0.90
Sep 29, 2013 - 0.22
Oct 07, 2013 - 0.21
Oct 20, 2013 - 0.15
Nov 04, 2013 - 0.12
Dec 05, 2013 - 0.07
Dec 27, 2013 - 0.04

these prices i found in forum posts so it might not be correct, wish the official information was available but apparently someone is very good at hiding data.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:59:26 PM

tries to look for price back ago and seems like someone doing good job at hiding information...

Jul 24, 2013 - 0.90
Sep 29, 2013 - 0.22
Oct 07, 2013 - 0.21
Oct 20, 2013 - 0.15
Nov 04, 2013 - 0.12
Dec 05, 2013 - 0.07
Dec 27, 2013 - 0.04

these prices i found in forum posts so it might not be correct, wish the official information was available but apparently someone is very good at hiding data.

This is what can be expected. Difficulty doubles every month, halfing the production capacity of each mining GH/s, making the CEX.IO price to cut in half every month. It's directly proportional as it should be.
mobile

Activity: 400

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:55:32 PM

Yes my line "this is not the case in this market" was invoked from my own past experience watching this market. Maybe I should of added "always" into that line.
The price of GH/s  should correlate with the current bitcoin  difficulty. However this is not ALWAYS the case in the CEX.IO GHS commodity market.

Actually now that we are on the topic of the price point of hashing power compared to how long it will take to get your ROI, it doesnt seem to correlate with any market. The ebay market. Block erupter saphires are still selling for 40-50$ a pop. the forum market place. Same thing, ROI will be seen in a very long time (IN SOME GROUP BUYS NOT ALL). I havent check BTC-OTC in some time but last time i did stuff was still overpriced.

It was also in response to the discussion that "GH/s prices will and have to go down" because difficulty adjustments. when i first started playing with CEX. I sold my entire stash of GHS right before a difficulty readjustment. It sounds like sound logic right? Well the next morning I wake up and the price increased over 33% and hung there for weeks. 75% of my posts in this thread and other unofficial cex threads are pretty much me commenting on how ridiculous the prices are.

There is really no response to your potato analogy, other then this is free market and marketing. Why does starbucks coffee sell for $5 on average when a gas station coffee sells for $1.30. Well starbucks puts it in a fancy cup and gives you a drive thru to purchase it and has massive marketing campaigns. Well the coffee in the gas station probaly came from the same farm processed the same way but sells for more then half. Free market, smart marketing & buyers demand to have the starbucks experience. There we go, CEX.IO is the starbucks of  getting into Bitcoin mining. Lots of advertising, fast, easy, looks good, feels good when you instantly see your hashing at 60 GH/s, low competion but your going to pay. the ones that are at fault are then ones that are not doing research and/or investing more then they can loose. I hope that i am making sense to you all. What i should really do is go back and post quotes and links to the past discussions on this. it really has been beat into the ground.

I myself do not have a degree in finances but it sure does get complicated when you take USD convert it to BTC so you have this price to worry about. And then you said that BTC and hobby invest it into whatever you want to invest, weather its GHS, Alt-coin or a security. And then you have to keep track of 3  different markets and realize that because the price of your alt coin or GHS "goes down" because the value of BTC to your fiat has gone up so your not at lost.reminds me of back in the day on litecoinglobal. LTC skyrocketed and suddenly  the prices of the security dropped as well but still had the same value. crypto as a means of hobby investing is not for the weak hearted i guess one could say.especially when its not cashing out directly from BTC to fiat. back to the potato analogy, its a hot potato game. just make sure your not holding the hot potato to long whenever those big holders decide to take profit.

Im running out of time, but what lies are you talking about? Forum posts? Their FAQ? The fact that you can only see a months worth a market data isnt a lie. perhaps it works in their benifit but its not a lie. Im starting to sense a bit of fudster's in these post.

Jul 24, 2013 - 0.90
Sep 29, 2013 - 0.22
Oct 07, 2013 - 0.21
Oct 20, 2013 - 0.15
Nov 04, 2013 - 0.12
Dec 05, 2013 - 0.07
Dec 27, 2013 - 0.04

Could someone that is making use of the API post a google  spread sheet of the past 3 month prices. appreciate your work searching the thread for prices but this is an incomplete picture. Is this spot price on that day. Average price etc etc. And a 50% drop in price over 3 months is not surprising at all. How much has the difficultly risen in 3 months when its been increasing at approxmiately 17% - -22% everytime?

I ran out of time, i cant even proofread this but thanks for reading.

On a side note, how about the Litecoin market they added. Pretty awesome if you ask me both for the CEX.IO exchange and also for Litecoin. Hey CEX.IO ive been reading alot of chat about IXCoin coming up, you should add IXC/BTC exchange

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:52:33 AM

I think it's more like 400% drop since July 2013 to today. Almost 50% drop every month. At this rate, cex members are going to lose all their holdings sometime next year. Better get out while you can still get 0.04 btc per ghs. By end of January 2014, it's going drop to 0.02 or less. Now, that will attract new buyers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: