Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread.  (Read 89533 times)
BrainBot

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:00:39 AM

Seems like a permissions error try starting with sudo. Or restarting your computer. Or even re installing cgminer. I found those three generally fix the problem.

Thanks for your help.  Unfortunately, I've tried all 3 of your suggestions but I'm still getting the same errors.
Have you tried Bitminter and Bfgminer?

I haven't used Bitminter but just starting up a fresh install of Bfgminer detects 0 devices.
Beastlymac (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:12:27 AM

Have you tried
resetting the device.
Reflashing the device?
Contacting Ckolivas to check if he has a fix?
Or
Nwoolls

Message me if you have any problems
BrainBot

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:05:56 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 03:04:01 AM by BrainBot

Have you tried
resetting the device.
Reflashing the device?
Contacting Ckolivas to check if he has a fix?
Or
Nwoolls

I found another thread that talked about changing two USB settings, then disconnecting and reconnecting the devices.  They seem to work again.  Smiley

Now I'm tempted to try the pencil mod.   Undecided

EDIT:

I was able to reproduce my issue, once again the solution was the same.  Unload some USB things manually in terminal and then potential unplug the usb hub or devices and re-plug in.  I'm adding details to this thread from another because I'm sure it will help someone...

"Just as a heads up, the only way I was able to get cgminer to see my BlueFury under Mac OS 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9 was to 'unload' the new USB modem

sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCDC
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCDCACMData

Hopefully this will save someone else a LOT of hair pulling"
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:35:10 AM

I have 2 units that show up in the device manager as ATmega32u2DFU is there a way to fix this?

Windows 7

Still haven't fixed these 2, anyone with any suggestions?
Ive used the alpha drivers, Ive used Zadig.. neither helped
I don't know jack about linux

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
LogicalUnit

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 07:25:15 AM

Hi all, I just removed the Block Erupters from my rig, leaving me with 3 Blue Fury ASICs connected to my MinePeon. I reset the command line to "default bfgminer" and now the miner starts and connects to my pools, but it does not detect the mining hardware.

What command parameters do I need to make Blue Fury ASICs work with bfgminer 3.3.0?

Thanks
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:29:24 AM

Hi all, I just removed the Block Erupters from my rig, leaving me with 3 Blue Fury ASICs connected to my MinePeon. I reset the command line to "default bfgminer" and now the miner starts and connects to my pools, but it does not detect the mining hardware.

What command parameters do I need to make Blue Fury ASICs work with bfgminer 3.3.0?

Thanks
There are instructions about miner and driver installation earlier in this thread (for example https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=319419.msg3698786;topicseen#msg3698786).
Good luck
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:35:02 AM

Thanks

Update your MinePeon

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
LogicalUnit

Activity: 299

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:02:49 AM

Thanks

Update your MinePeon

Just installed MinePeon 0.2.4.1 with bfgminer 3.4.0, and it's not automagically detecting my Blue Furies.
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:53:48 AM

Thanks

Update your MinePeon

Just installed MinePeon 0.2.4.1 with bfgminer 3.4.0, and it's not automagically detecting my Blue Furies.

Do a git pull for minepeon, you need 0.2.4.2 with 3.8.0

Edit:-      -S BPM:all

junky998

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:14:04 PM

Hi,

I had 3 red furies pencil modded to 3 Ghash each
I'm cooling them with an artic breeze usb fan and it seems all right as compared to touching the heat sink when without cooling.
However the ASIC chip is too hot to touch.

Not sure whether this is burn or shortened the life span of the miners.
Please advise, thanks.
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:04:40 PM

Hi,

I'm cooling them with an artic breeze usb fan and it seems all right as compared to touching the heat sink when without cooling.

Please advise, thanks.
very good question!
I will like very much to hear the official position of beastlymac about this, how safe it is, lifespan of a modded BF,etc.

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:28:40 AM

Find a mechanic, borrow his laser temp tool, cheap nowdays, point the laser hit target lock it in when you get a good reading.
Nice tool to have for computer work, VERY Accurate. Cheap now also.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:35:44 AM

Hi,

Please advise, thanks.
very good question!
I will like very much to hear the official position of beastlymac about this, how safe it is, lifespan of a modded BF,etc.

The design of the BlueFury and the way it was stock clocked was to make sure that it didn't kill the chip. Heating the chip and putting it under extra strain is likely to shorten the life of the chip and possibly even cause the board to malfunction rendering your device useless.

induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:10:57 AM

The design of the BlueFury and the way it was stock clocked was to make sure that it didn't kill the chip. Heating the chip and putting it under extra strain is likely to shorten the life of the chip and possibly even cause the board to malfunction rendering your device useless.

Thank you Beastlymac, exactly what I wanted to know, I will stay with stock clock Smiley

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:50:16 AM

Hi,

Please advise, thanks.
very good question!

i have one of the "green" furies with the full length silver heatsink. pencil modded to 2.8Ghash total, 2.55-2.60 realized(after ~6-7% error). with gasp no fan but in a cold windowsill so :/ anyway been running like that for over 6 weeks like that and still kicking.

but beast is right it most probably will shorten their lifespan.

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
btmtb

Activity: 291

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:21:04 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 12:42:00 PM by btmtb

Hi,

Please advise, thanks.
With Beastlymac's comments in mind, and notwithstanding his advice - if you're concerned about the heat and want to keep them efficiently cooled, I'd recommend replacing the heatsink fans altogether some any spare CPU HSF's that you can scavenge. You might some in old PC cases or tucked in drawers, or someone you know might, and they're very well engineered to delivery VERY quiet and VERY efficient cooling. I posted about the first one I converted earlier this year: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=319419.msg3635707#msg3635707
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:30:45 AM

£0.99 + £0.60 p&p on eabay

You will need to slot out the holes in the cooler( fan is 55mm hole centers, bluefury is 52mm)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdgpz6m9d45z2cg/2013-12-21%2021.56.26.jpg

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1638

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

I would say overclock them as much as you possibly can and mine their arses off as much as possible at lower diffs even if it means you burn them out earlier. They're still going to last months if not years if you overclock them provided you can keep them cool, whereas they'll be pointless to mine with in a year.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:29:23 AM

I would say overclock them as much as you possibly can and mine their arses off as much as possible at lower diffs even if it means you burn them out earlier. They're still going to last months if not years if you overclock them provided you can keep them cool, whereas they'll be pointless to mine with in a year.

That is a valid point. It is just critical you keep the units cool.

brwn8484

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:37:22 PM

I know you all are probably tired of seeing these posts, but I am having trouble installing blue fury usb asics with win8.  I tried to just install on my previously working hub and they are not recognized.  Then I downloaded the BFG drivers and my PC sees the device as a nanofury(?) and when I try to update software, i get error that no driver update software is required (wont let me install)?  I have been working on this for over 2 hours and I am getting tired of hardware and software that is buggy or poorly supported.  Anyone that can help with this... your support would be be greatly appreciated....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: