Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:19:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446023 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cmg777

Activity: 478
Merit: 66

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 10:47:08 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2016, 03:49:40 PM by cmg777

I've seen 'fake' Tek sell walls being contructed on Cryptopia several times today. Could it be Yobit trying to get cheap real Tek to replace the invalid Tek on the Yobit worthless fork? Don't sell cheaply! Someone is trying to panic you into selling low. If Yobit are trying to replace their bad Tek with good Tek, as has been suggested, then the good Tek price should soon shoot back up to the level where it belongs.

I'm amazed that Yobit's forked Tek is still being traded on Yobit and is roughly the same price as the good Tek on Cryptopia. Yobit has dragged the price of good Tek down to their level. Surely people know the difference? Does nobody read this thread?

You're probably right I did see TEK spike at Cryptopia from the teens to the fourties which is suspicious given the turbulant downturn due to the loss of an exchange and some of the microstakers displeased with the fork.

Another of Yobit's latest scams is the WAVES ICO. Not one WAVES was purchased during the ICO from a Yobit based-account. See more here:
https://blog.wavesplatform.com/be-careful-possible-scam-97a33d235f58#.5c5lqaxuu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 05:34:17 AM

Wow I can't wait for the stupid halving to end

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Joebwan

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 12:45:59 PM

I just hit up Polo again too. Cant hurt.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:26:53 PM

I have been doing some thinking about tek and realized that like all other alt coins tek has real value because you can trade tek for btc. altcoins really should be thought of as alternate or parallel block chains. Since this is true as bitcoin value increases this will increase the value of all altcoins especially high pos coins such as tek. This coin has real value especially in the long term. I see this coin settling into 1000 to 2000 Satoris range. This is a coin everyone can participate in owning as you can invest in it and have generate revenue without the need of expensive miner equipment. This is a big advantage.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
JPred

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:03:44 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 08:55:23 PM by JPred

I have been doing some thinking about tek and realized that like all other alt coins tek has real value because you can trade tek for btc. altcoins really should be thought of as alternate or parallel block chains. Since this is true as bitcoin value increases this will increase the value of all altcoins especially high pos coins such as tek. This coin has real value especially in the long term. I see this coin settling into 1000 to 2000 Satoris range. This is a coin everyone can participate in owning as you can invest in it and have generate revenue without the need of expensive miner equipment. This is a big advantage.

So here's my thought process regarding bitcoin and alts in terms of monatery value: 1 Satoshi is 100 000 000th of a single bitcoin.  The market at this particular juncture 'thinks' that 1 TEK is worth 5 000 000th of a bitcoin. So you'll need 5mil TEK to get hold of 1 bitcoin. Think about that for a moment: 1 bitcoin (total 21 000 000) equals 5 000 000 TEK. It seems to me bitcoin is hyperinflated against 99.999% of altcoins (or the other way around) , but not all alts are in fact 'shitcoins'. I mean where in the world (apart form cryptocurrencies) would you spend 5 million units of any particular currency to buy a single unit of another? Nowhere at all, although Zimbabwean dollar does a pretty decent job at trying. Actually the rate is as follows: [1 USD ~ 362 ZWD] I realize of course that crypto world is wayy unlike any other so the rules here are different too. Nonetheless I still think bitcoin is overpriced (against alt coins), and a couple alts are wayy undervalued and the rest of the alts is quite shitty and will stay that way. We'll see how things turn out eventually.

Edit: maybe bitcoin needs to be "overpriced" against alts because there are so many of them - 643 and counting. To make "room" for all the alts you need a pretty hefty mother of all crypto: BITCOIN.
With 643 altcoins - if only 2% is not shitcoins that will give you almost 13 alternative cryptocurrencies apart form bitcoin that is not crap. 13 is quite a number already. That is to say IF, but who kows, maybe its even much more than 13 that will turn out quite allright. Time will tell as the market makes up its mind. TEK though, will stay on mine.  Smiley

FREEDOM
Warren.Buffet

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:07:11 PM

So here's my thought process regarding bitcoin and alts in terms of monatery value: 1 Satoshi is 100 000 000th of a single bitcoin.  The market at this particular juncture 'thinks' that 1 TEK is worth 5 000 000th of a bitcoin. So you'll need 5mil TEK to get hold of 1 bitcoin. Think about that for a moment: 1 bitcoin (total 21 000 000) equals 5 000 000 TEK. It seems to me bitcoin is hyperinflated against 99.999% of altcoins (or the other way around) , but not all alts are in fact 'shitcoins'. I mean where in the world (apart form cryptocurrencies) would you spend 5 million units of any particular currency to buy a single unit of another? Nowhere at all, although Zimbabwean dollar does a pretty decent job at trying. Actually the rate is as follows: [1 USD ~ 362 ZWD] I realize of course that crypto world is wayy unlike any other so the rules here are different too. Nonetheless I still think bitcoin is overpriced (against alt coins), and a couple alts are wayy undervalued and the rest of the alts is quite shitty and will stay that way. We'll see how things turn out eventually.

Edit: maybe bitcoin needs to be "overpriced" against alts because there are so many of them - 643 and counting. To make "room" for all the alts you need a pretty hefty mother of all crypto: BITCOIN.
With 643 altcoins - if only 2% is not shitcoins that will give you almost 13 alternative cryptocurrencies apart form bitcoin that is not crap. 13 is quite a number already. That is to say IF, but who kows, maybe its even much more than 13 that will turn out quite allright. Time will tell as the market makes up its mind. TEK though, will stay on mine.  Smiley

It all depends on coin survival. If TEK exists and is being used in 5 years then yes, current valuation looks absurd, but if TEK is dead, then current exchange rate makes TEK overvalued at even 1 satoshi
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:56:28 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 10:12:37 PM by kiklo

It all depends on coin survival. If TEK exists and is being used in 5 years then yes, current valuation looks absurd, but if TEK is dead, then current exchange rate makes TEK overvalued at even 1 satoshi

Only takes ~ 4 nodes to keep a Proof of Stake coin network alive.  Smiley
Current supply is only 217,887,413 .
At one satoshi, you could buy the entire Marketcap at 2.17887413 Bitcoins.
Plus the 40% interest rate per month could be changed to 40% per year, which would dry up excess coins very quickly.
40% Interest Yearly is still an undreamed of amount in the Real World where Bankers are enacting NIRP (Negative Interest Rate Policy).

Cool

FYI:
Tek is Faster than BTC.
Tek Requires less resources to run.
Tek can be used for the mircopayment markets, BTC is no longer suitable for micropayments.
Tek has a larger upside Potential than BTC.
BTC has a Larger Downside Potential.
Chinese Miners control more than 60% of BTC , meaning they could 51% attack it on a daily basis.
Tek is better protected from a 51% attack due to having PoS.

The only real reason BTC costs more than Tek, is so many are clueless about the technical side and they fall for the BTC propaganda.
Time will correct this confusion.  Cheesy
a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 307

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:52:36 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 11:03:01 AM by a_cat_named_joe

I think most of us are satisfied with the way Tek performs. We are quite happy in staking Tek and selling off part of the interest every now and then. We don't need to buy Tek. Tek is created every time we open our wallets for minting.

We should spread the word a little more than we have been doing. We should sit down with at least 6 friends, or relatives and install Tek wallets for them to show them how good it is. Some people would like to join the Crypto revolution, but can't get their heads around to doing it. Those enlightened 6 should then do the same for 6 more ... and again a few more times ... you know, the 6 degrees of separation bit, only this will be 6 more effective to begin with ... and then will mushroom until everyone in the world knows a Tekhead ... through 6 degrees of separation ... if followed through at least 6 generations ... - I don't think it quite works like that, but you get the gist.  Smiley

The same goes for HoboNickels.

At the moment someone is manipulating the price of Tek with 'fake' sell walls in order to push the price lower into Buy traps. An influx of a few more Tekheads would take care of that problem. As it stands at this moment of writing, 0.0161 BTC would wipe out the entire sell wall from 20-30 Satoshis ... whoops, I've just  done it  ... just on a whim! I bought all from 19 Satoshis and planted the Sell price into the 30s. Will my seeds be watered?! It currently stands at 31 Satoshis.

Now watch the 'fake', flimsy sell wall re-establish itself   Wink

EDIT: within a few minutes of posting this, true to form, the sell wall came back .... 30 ... 29 ... 28 ... 27 ... 26 ... 25 Satoshis ... so I took it back up to 31 Satoshis with 0.007 BTC. Moral of the story: Don't be panicked into selling low if you want a reasonable price for the rest of your stash. I should imagine the price will shoot up anyway when those stranded on Yobit's fork wake up ... and others too. Tek is a top POS coin and POS is the way to go. Ethereum and the Dao are only just realising that.
Warren.Buffet

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 09:08:59 AM

I think if TEK had a gaming site or something it might get more users. CBX is about to start a lotto site, something like that can keep a coin going, maybe TEK could do something similar.

The thing I like is TEK hasn't had any scam accusations, so the back story is clean afaik. So many other coins have way too many skeletons in the closet, like Dash, so they're more risky. Of the POS coins TEK and HBN seem the best
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 11:59:59 AM

I think if TEK had a gaming site or something it might get more users. CBX is about to start a lotto site, something like that can keep a coin going, maybe TEK could do something similar.

The thing I like is TEK hasn't had any scam accusations, so the back story is clean afaik. So many other coins have way too many skeletons in the closet, like Dash, so they're more risky. Of the POS coins TEK and HBN seem the best

I can't agreed with you more . than that , yes tek is great but it is lacking right now is support

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
GayEddie

Activity: 290

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:49:30 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 06:14:51 PM by GayEddie

Well I thought about getting into TEK but wallet doesnt work and hardly any pools  dont think I will bother with TEK
Enema

Activity: 445

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 06:14:53 PM

Well I thought about getting into TEK but wallet doesnt work and hardly any pools this coin will die!
Wallet works just fine, just make sure you have the latest, see OP.
Here is where you can find fresh nodes :
http://tek.presstab.pw/

cmg777

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 12:41:48 AM

Well I thought about getting into TEK but wallet doesnt work and hardly any pools  dont think I will bother with TEK

1. Download the latest wallet.
2. Delete everything in the %Appdata%/tekcoin folder except wallet.dat and (and tekcoin.conf if you have one with nodes).
3. Download the blockchain files from cryptochainer.com
4. Copy these files from this download to the %Appdata%/tekcoin folder and you should be good.

I don't know about mining TEK the PoW way but the PoS way is better than it anyway if you have a high balance.

Our TEK's only problem is the lack of exchanges supporting it. As it has one good exchange Cryptopia and a shady one Yobit.

causestud

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 03:26:07 AM

tek withdraw at yobit still doesnt work?
about gaming we can setup a poker room if there are bounties like other coins offer
causestud

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 06:47:10 AM

can tek dev team edit the OP to say in bold and colored letters NOT TO TRADE IN YOBIT? a lot of users have been victimized into buying cheap tek coins there thinking they found arbitrage. they are doing it on purpose to milk the users into the trap. even an ordinary user of tek wallet can download the latest wallet and bootstrap or snapshot within 1 hour and it will be fixed. the wallet problem there has been going on for about a month now i think. is that so difficult to fix?
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 03:46:22 PM

can tek dev team edit the OP to say in bold and colored letters NOT TO TRADE IN YOBIT? a lot of users have been victimized into buying cheap tek coins there thinking they found arbitrage. they are doing it on purpose to milk the users into the trap. even an ordinary user of tek wallet can download the latest wallet and bootstrap or snapshot within 1 hour and it will be fixed. the wallet problem there has been going on for about a month now i think. is that so difficult to fix?

They might do it if you send 1 bitcoin to 114EfeskR7RR9Lkankm6SrYUpy4ExTAxh8 word is that gets things done last week  Tongue .
cmg777

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 04:12:51 PM

They might do it if you send 1 bitcoin to 114EfeskR7RR9Lkankm6SrYUpy4ExTAxh8 word is that gets things done last week  Tongue .

Wow what a business structure. Add a bunch of altcoins, neglect their respective wallets and extort the almighty BTC in return for fixing said wallet Shocked. I wish I would have thought of this. Seriously, Thundertoe is Yobit asking for 1 BTC just to fix the wallet on their own exchange site that makes money by charging fees for trading?

thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 04:46:56 PM

Wow what a business structure. Add a bunch of altcoins, neglect their respective wallets and extort the almighty BTC in return for fixing said wallet Shocked. I wish I would have thought of this. Seriously, Thundertoe is Yobit asking for 1 BTC just to fix the wallet on their own exchange site that makes money by charging fees for trading?

hehe .. that is my addy, same one in my sig was just kinda goofing since the notice was put up awhile ago on the top of the op.
4x13
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:01:42 PM

Maybe it's time to talk with Bill at Bittrex about getting TEK on a real exchange... he is in the Slack almost everyday...

Bittrex charges 3 BTC to add a coin.
(Talking alone won't do anything , except when you talk to him , he tells you it 3 BTC.)  Tongue

Bleutrade charges 2 BTC to add a coin.
Their Delisting Policy is more lenient than Bittrex.

Cool

FYI:
Personally Very Happy With Cryptopia.  Smiley
Would also recommend adding the LTC & Doge Markets to CoinMarketcap , as many start to favor the faster transactions and lower fees of LTC & Doge
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=TEK_LTC
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=TEK_DOGE

FY2:
Bittrex Hacking scandal has not been resolved yet.  Tongue
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1423584.0
Hero & Legendary members have claimed stolen BTC, Bittrex has refused to call the Authorities in.

Thats not correct either, They added Darknet for free, just needed to convince Bill it was worth the effort... Are you saying that TEK isn't worth the effort??
Enema

Activity: 445

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 09:40:36 PM

Maybe it's time to talk with Bill at Bittrex about getting TEK on a real exchange... he is in the Slack almost everyday...

Bittrex charges 3 BTC to add a coin.
(Talking alone won't do anything , except when you talk to him , he tells you it 3 BTC.)  Tongue

Bleutrade charges 2 BTC to add a coin.
Their Delisting Policy is more lenient than Bittrex.

Cool

FYI:
Personally Very Happy With Cryptopia.  Smiley
Would also recommend adding the LTC & Doge Markets to CoinMarketcap , as many start to favor the faster transactions and lower fees of LTC & Doge
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=TEK_LTC
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=TEK_DOGE

FY2:
Bittrex Hacking scandal has not been resolved yet.  Tongue
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1423584.0
Hero & Legendary members have claimed stolen BTC, Bittrex has refused to call the Authorities in.

Thats not correct either, They added Darknet for free, just needed to convince Bill it was worth the effort... Are you saying that TEK isn't worth the effort??
+1
I think Truckcoin was re-added also for free after being removed because of too many days with low volume.

Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: