Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 05:23:25 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 438973 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
m33

Activity: 868

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:40:28 PM

I noticed the tekcoin Bootstrap on the OP was from 12/05/2014 .

Anyone that needs it can get a Current Tekcoin Bootstrap.dat (dated 2016-2-27) from my new bootstrap service at
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1378653.msg14024451#msg14024451

It is stored in a Rar format so it is less than half the size of a zip file.  Smiley
This Bootstrap service is basically free, we would appreciate it if the people running the OPs would place a link to us , that frees them from the tedious work of keeping a bootstrap updated where they can focus their time on more important matters, and in exchange we will update their Bootstrap on a monthly basis.

Cool

That's really good but with noise 23 current problems I Guess we better use bootstraps certify by the devs

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:05:59 AM

I noticed the tekcoin Bootstrap on the OP was from 12/05/2014 .

Anyone that needs it can get a Current Tekcoin Bootstrap.dat (dated 2016-2-27) from my new bootstrap service at
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1378653.msg14024451#msg14024451

It is stored in a Rar format so it is less than half the size of a zip file.  Smiley
This Bootstrap service is basically free, we would appreciate it if the people running the OPs would place a link to us , that frees them from the tedious work of keeping a bootstrap updated where they can focus their time on more important matters, and in exchange we will update their Bootstrap on a monthly basis.

Cool

That's really good but with noise 23 current problems I Guess we better use bootstraps certify by the devs

Sure , no worries , when he gets a chance it is available at the previous link.
The rar file only contains bootstrap.dat which is not an executable file, so it should not even be able to infect a system with a virus.   Smiley

By the way exactly how was Noise23 system compromised , so users can put in safeguards to protect themselves against that type of thing in the future.

Cool

FYI:
Here is a list of file extensions that should always be scanned as they could potentially install viruses on a system,
ADE, ADP, APP, ASA, ASP, BAS, BAT, CER, CHM, CMD, COM, CPL, CRT, CSH, DLL, EXE, FXP, HLP, HTA, HTM, HTML, HTR, INF, INS, ISP, ITS, JS, JSE, KSH, LNK, MAD, MAF, MAG, MAM, MAQ, MAR, MAS, MAT, MAU, MAV, MAW, MDA, MDB, MDE, MDT, MDW, MDZ, MHT, MHTM, MHTML, MSC, MSI, MSP, MST, OCX, OPS, PCD, PIF, PRF, PRG, REG, SCF, SCR, SCT, SHB, SHS, TMP, URL, VB, VBE, VBS, VBX, VSMACROS, VSS, VST, VSW, WS, WSC, WSF, WSH, XSL
Include any Word , Excel, Access, or Powerpoint file extensions as programs that run macros can also infect a system.

All of these file types have legitimate uses under appropriate circumstances. The simple fact that a file is one of the types listed above does not mean that there is something "wrong" with the file or that it is infected with a virus. But if you receive a file with one of these types from an untrusted source or in unexpected or suspicious circumstances, you should not work with the file until you are sure that it is safe.
Tech Tip: Always scan a download for Viruses before installing , one such service is https://www.virustotal.com  

FYI2:
Tech Tip: Disable Hidden File Name Extensions
All current versions of Windows are initially installed with an option called "Hide extensions for known file types" enabled. When this option is enabled, Windows will not display the file name extensions (.EXE, .DOC, etc.) for file types that it knows about.

This option is considered by many knowledgeable users to be dangerous, primarily because it can mislead you about the true nature of your files. For example, you might have a virus-infected file named "vacation.jpg.exe". If the hidden extension option is enabled, this file will appear on your desktop or in Windows Explorer as "vacation.jpg", leading you to think that it is a harmless vacation picture. In fact, it is an executable program, and opening it could infect your computer.

To disable hidden extensions:
    Open My Computer or Windows File Explorer.
    Click Folder Options or Folder and Search Options, which will be located in either the Tools menu, the View menu, or the Organize menu, depending on your version of Windows.
    In the Folder Options dialog, click the View tab.
    Uncheck the box labeled Hide extensions for known file types and click OK.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:28:39 AM

Why not just cut-off older wallet versions? Then probably not need a hard fork.
Other coins have done that, with newer wallet versions. Just a thought.
By the way noise23 computer got hacked, as he did code some of the TEK wallets.
Got Truck coin wallets priv key info. Had to suspend trading at Trex and Cryptopia.
Until a hard fork and new wallets installed. Keep an eye on your wallets for any suspicious activity!

Peace, Dennis

This is actually really easy to do in the code Cheesy However, it IS a hard fork, and if not properly handled wil lead to a number of forked chains being created. That's more a PR issue, geting the word out that there is a mandatory upgrade, getting the proper code to major exchanges, etc.

Buy Bitcoins with Paypal, Credit card, or other methods. Send me a PM or a text to 208-451-2665.
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1274

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:50:50 PM

Team FLY will also be launching its own bootstrap service. Our goal is to reach 1500 wallets, and we will have tek listed. We have a 1Gps private pipe. 1Gps up and down. We are also looking to hire additional wallets coders to add to our team. Our service will also email users when a new wallet is released (only the wallets they choose). I know alot of devs hang out here, so thats why im posting here. Good to see some familiar faces.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
thundertoe
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:29:20 PM

tekcoin.org domain and hosting is expiring today, i wasn't going to renew them.  Putting up something simple on github.io free hosting to replace it i guess.

*edit* ok i was convinced that was not a good idea...  i paid them up
ilidion

Activity: 105

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:19:38 PM

so what is the new plan for this coin?
Couldbe

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:19:44 AM

I'd hate this coin to go the same way as Ratecoin, where the micro-stake gamers have put such a stranglehold on that coin that only they can effectively mint new coins. When something like this happens, the lion's share ends up in the hands of a few and other people lose interest. Literally. The price then plummets.

The micro-stake gamers switch off their stranglehold occasionally to stake at the 40% max and then switch the micro-stakes back on so that the rest of us just get crumbs. Let's crash the price and flush them out!

The difficulty is consistently so high now that Thundertoe needs to draw a new graph on the OP to show the stark reality of the diminishing returns. We are off the scale. The difficulty at the moment of writing this is 0.0233.

After my next staking, I plan to beat the gamers at their own game. Give them a taste of their own medicine. I'm not going to sell at a ridiculous price. I'm going to split my not-inconsiderable hoard into micro-amounts. I suggest that other like-minded people do the same. Make sure that the gamers don't get the 40% max. That will do two things:

1)  when the price crashes further, that could give us the opportunity to buy Tek at a lower cost, if we so wanted; and
2)  it will force Tekcoin to become useful and thrive, or ...

What have we got to lose?
steve321

Activity: 456

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:24:42 AM

CryptoChainer.com has updated the TEK blockchain, as well as added a bootstrap for those who prefer those.  I see there are now some other providers offering a similar service.  We are in direct contact with the TEK dev.

m33

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:10:17 AM

I'd hate this coin to go the same way as Ratecoin, where the micro-stake gamers have put such a stranglehold on that coin that only they can effectively mint new coins. When something like this happens, the lion's share ends up in the hands of a few and other people lose interest. Literally. The price then plummets.

The micro-stake gamers switch off their stranglehold occasionally to stake at the 40% max and then switch the micro-stakes back on so that the rest of us just get crumbs. Let's crash the price and flush them out!

The difficulty is consistently so high now that Thundertoe needs to draw a new graph on the OP to show the stark reality of the diminishing returns. We are off the scale. The difficulty at the moment of writing this is 0.0233.

After my next staking, I plan to beat the gamers at their own game. Give them a taste of their own medicine. I'm not going to sell at a ridiculous price. I'm going to split my not-inconsiderable hoard into micro-amounts. I suggest that other like-minded people do the same. Make sure that the gamers don't get the 40% max. That will do two things:

1)  when the price crashes further, that could give us the opportunity to buy Tek at a lower cost, if we so wanted; and

It would seem tek is under Attack ! I think they would just continue to stake in this fashion till bag holder give up , we hold for 30 days and than collect under 10% ?? In the event of crash , it would be pointless for them to sell , if intension was to cause harm . That would just let the damn machine run till tek is really dead , something need to be done before price go down further

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
thundertoe
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:52:34 AM

CryptoChainer.com has updated the TEK blockchain, as well as added a bootstrap for those who prefer those.  I see there are now some other providers offering a similar service.  We are in direct contact with the TEK dev.

Thanks and yes these guys have been great.

TEKcoin has an update coming soon, Tekcoin.org and https://twitter.com/TEKcoins will also be getting some work done.
m33

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:02:09 AM

Like to report an incident at cryptopia nz the new exchange we are listed in ,

What happen was in pop in to chat saw something funny posted "whaawhaa" and got hit by a lifetime ban .
So I guess we have to be careful when we trade there , and I won't be letting my coins sit there long who know what the owner will do , for a simple comment life time ban
 http://imgur.com/jDKzblX

Update : if you look in their forum it say by one of the owner that they have already started to look for full time jobs , sound unstable so beware of your deposit

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Couldbe

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:29:27 AM

I just want to make clear that the last paragraph of M33's quote of my post is not mine - it's M33's reply.

CryptoChainer.com has updated the TEK blockchain, as well as added a bootstrap for those who prefer those.  I see there are now some other providers offering a similar service.  We are in direct contact with the TEK dev.

TEKcoin has an update coming soon, Tekcoin.org and https://twitter.com/TEKcoins will also be getting some work done.

That the update is coming soon is good news, as is the confirmation that progress is being made behind the scenes.
m33

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:50:01 AM

I just want to make clear that the last paragraph of M33's quote of my post is not mine - it's M33's reply.

CryptoChainer.com has updated the TEK blockchain, as well as added a bootstrap for those who prefer those.  I see there are now some other providers offering a similar service.  We are in direct contact with the TEK dev.

That the update is coming soon is good news, as is the confirmation that progress is being made behind the scenes.

Ya sorry I mess that up , posting from my small phone does that . I'll edit that when I reach home, sorry

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Joebwan

Activity: 189

Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 11:07:03 AM

Or...you could wait for the gamers to 'switch off' as you call it. If you have your TEK in one address, then take advantage of the lower difficulty when they do.

You doing the same thing they are doing is dumb. It would just make the situation worse. All to teach them a lesson. Then we all suffer.

No reason to be selfish.  I hate what is happening as much as the next person, but being part of the problem is not going to make things better in the long run.

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
m33

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 11:12:38 AM

Or...you could wait for the gamers to 'switch off' as you call it. If you have your TEK in one address, then take advantage of the lower difficulty when they do.

You doing the same thing they are doing is dumb. It would just make the situation worse. All to teach them a lesson. Then we all suffer.

No reason to be selfish.  I hate what is happening as much as the next person, but being part of the problem is not going to make things better in the long run.

Great idea but how do we do that keep checking the Pos diff to see if they turn it off??

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Couldbe

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:36:30 PM

No reason to be selfish.  I hate what is happening as much as the next person, but being part of the problem is not going to make things better in the long run.

Fair point. But it is the micro-stakers who tend to monopolise the 40% payouts and then flood the market with Tek from their ill-gotten gains, pushing the price down with every payout.

By gaming the gamers, we could ensure that they don't get 40% anymore and turn off our micro-stakes at an appropriate time. One third in micro-stakes in a separate wallet on a solid state drive, combined with a two thirds block punch on another could K.O. the micro-parasites. It may be dumb, but human beings have an irrational side to them especially when revenge is concerned.
Joebwan

Activity: 189

Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 01:54:36 PM

No reason to be selfish.  I hate what is happening as much as the next person, but being part of the problem is not going to make things better in the long run.

Fair point. But it is the micro-stakers who tend to monopolise the 40% payouts and then flood the market with Tek from their ill-gotten gains, pushing the price down with every payout.

By gaming the gamers, we could ensure that they don't get 40% anymore and turn off our micro-stakes at an appropriate time. One third in micro-stakes in a separate wallet on a solid state drive, combined with a two thirds block punch on another could K.O. the micro-parasites. It may be dumb, but human beings have an irrational side to them especially when revenge is concerned.

I see your point, it just seems to me that our efforts could be better directed in actually fixing the issues instead of playing some end-around game to stop folks who are taking advantage of a flaw in the system.  We do this elaborate scheme to stop the gamer this time, then have do do the whole thing again each time some idiot decides that he wants to try to manipulate TEK? It sounds exhausting.  Why not just fix it correctly the first time?

The gamer has to wait for the difficulty to drop same as us, once he turns off his 'micro-staler' so to speak. It doesn't drop instantly. If we are paying attention, we stake too.

I say lets hard fork the coin and be done with it.

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
m33

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:03:50 PM

well i was playing with presstab block explore they have a few address with about 1700-2000 coin spread even covering the entire month , so the only time it get turn off is when they are about to stake the main wallet, so wait is not a option , every time they stake i think they make new wallet to drive pos diff up , so they u go, 1 smart sob taking down tekcoin , we could all hold not sell , but still cant stop him , after 30 days he just make more staking address , pretty soon diff will be so high , rewwARDS WILL BE SINGLE DIGIT

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
TripleHeXXX

Activity: 176

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 08:45:50 PM

Like to report an incident at cryptopia nz the new exchange we are listed in ,

What happen was in pop in to chat saw something funny posted "whaawhaa" and got hit by a lifetime ban .
So I guess we have to be careful when we trade there , and I won't be letting my coins sit there long who know what the owner will do , for a simple comment life time ban
 http://imgur.com/jDKzblX

Update : if you look in their forum it say by one of the owner that they have already started to look for full time jobs , sound unstable so beware of your deposit

You came into a clearly very heated chat, and made the wrong stupid joke to the wrong incredibly angry person at what should have been obviously wrong time, you were already unbanned before you even made this post but if you wanna keep being a dick about it go right ahead.

★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★
Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
★▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔★          
walkdev

Activity: 125

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:52:35 PM

well i was playing with presstab block explore they have a few address with about 1700-2000 coin spread even covering the entire month , so the only time it get turn off is when they are about to stake the main wallet, so wait is not a option , every time they stake i think they make new wallet to drive pos diff up , so they u go, 1 smart sob taking down tekcoin , we could all hold not sell , but still cant stop him , after 30 days he just make more staking address , pretty soon diff will be so high , rewwARDS WILL BE SINGLE DIGIT

I'm guessing that's so that they can climb up the rich list which is quite pathetic, if you ask me - not to mention under-handed. If we all hang on to our coins, then we're all in this together...

The only way to stop people like this is the hard fork, surely...
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.