Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:28:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446023 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 02:55:18 AM

Is there a plan for having a countdown for next stake on the wallet, like in Mintcoin, Blackcoin and probably others?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:33:41 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 04:51:46 PM by presstab

Is there a plan for having a countdown for next stake on the wallet, like in Mintcoin, Blackcoin and probably others?

My plan is to add everything I can. The question is how long until we get there.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:49:19 PM

I am thinking about something like this for updated icons in the wallet.  What does everyone think?  We could always completely change the image or the color... whatever looks best.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:13:47 PM

I like the icon.
Email was sent out to another exchange and they are now in contact. TEK is increasing in trading volume and they can be first place to let users keep the stake, or they can benefit themselves by keeping the stake.(seems a pretty easy call to add TEK but then i am biased  Wink ) stay tuned more stuff in the works
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:28:53 PM

ok, got the new wallet, it came up no problem, but I tried to load the saved blockchain from the op, and it keeps giving me a "runaway exception", cannot open blkindex.dat, error 22.

WTF am I doing wrong here?
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:48:28 PM

delete the file called blkindex0001.dat  i think is the one balls it up
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:50:46 PM

ok, got the new wallet, it came up no problem, but I tried to load the saved blockchain from the op, and it keeps giving me a "runaway exception", cannot open blkindex.dat, error 22.

Hmm interesting.  I would try moving the contents of your tek folder in appdata (if using windows) to a directory called "backup" or something of the sort. Then try copying the contents from the op into the tek folder and see if it works.

Or you could always try extracting the contents into a directory like c:\tekcoindata and then startup your client using the terminal and entering tekcoin-qt.exe -datadir=C:\tekcoindata

If all of that fails, you might have to start a fresh sync. If you look a page or two back on the thread dyoungii posted a working exe that will sync from block 0.  If you need to compile from source, all of the github directories (including mine) have been updated to include this change.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:52:34 PM

I like the icon.
Email was sent out to another exchange and they are now in contact. TEK is increasing in trading volume and they can be first place to let users keep the stake, or they can benefit themselves by keeping the stake.(seems a pretty easy call to add TEK but then i am biased  Wink ) stay tuned more stuff in the works

Tranz had a good post in the HBN thread about why it is probably not a good idea for exchanges to attempt to stake. One reason is that the wallet must remain in hot storage.  Another user linked to a thread about how I think it was BC wallet was drained from an exchange doing this.

Another exchange could be helpful, but what we really need is sellers  Cool

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:08:19 PM

Hmm interesting.  I would try moving the contents of your tek folder in appdata (if using windows) to a directory called "backup" or something of the sort. Then try copying the contents from the op into the tek folder and see if it works.

Or you could always try extracting the contents into a directory like c:\tekcoindata and then startup your client using the terminal and entering tekcoin-qt.exe -datadir=C:\tekcoindata

If all of that fails, you might have to start a fresh sync. If you look a page or two back on the thread dyoungii posted a working exe that will sync from block 0.  If you need to compile from source, all of the github directories (including mine) have been updated to include this change.

Thank you, gentlemen. I'll try the above until it works or I give up and sync from the beginning Cheesy Never had a real problem with TEK before, other than I suck at linux. But this is the first time I've had a windows problem, and it can be solved by faking patience if nothing else.

Also, while I'm at it, should the conf file be named TEKcoin.conf, or just TEK.conf? I'm trying to set up for solomining. Just for shits and giggles. Not even sure my rig is fast enough, but it's worth a shot.
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:10:01 PM

I like the icon.

Tranz had a good post in the HBN thread about why it is probably not a good idea for exchanges to attempt to stake. One reason is that the wallet must remain in hot storage.  Another user linked to a thread about how I think it was BC wallet was drained from an exchange doing this.

TEK needs some liquidity on both sides of the order books.  Price is at 55000 satoshis but no buy orders over 1000 coins til you get to 20000 satoshi range.

Oh well, I am in no rush to sell the stash I have been staking for 3 months seeing as it's been nothing but buys lately and there are only like 9000 coins in the whole sell book at cryptsy!
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:10:44 PM

I like the icon.

Nah, what we really need is merchants. This coin has long term potential, not just an exchange dump. Though it is pretty good for that, since everybody wants it Cheesy
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:39:23 PM

I think I got a corrupt download. None of the listed steps worked. Now syncing from the net, no problems except that I have to fake patience. I can do that Cool
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:45:10 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 07:38:30 PM by thundertoe

I like the icon.
Email was sent out to another exchange and they are now in contact. TEK is increasing in trading volume and they can be first place to let users keep the stake, or they can benefit themselves by keeping the stake.(seems a pretty easy call to add TEK but then i am biased  Wink ) stay tuned more stuff in the works

Tranz had a good post in the HBN thread about why it is probably not a good idea for exchanges to attempt to stake. One reason is that the wallet must remain in hot storage.  Another user linked to a thread about how I think it was BC wallet was drained from an exchange doing this.

Another exchange could be helpful, but what we really need is sellers  Cool

Nah, what we really need is merchants. This coin has long term potential, not just an exchange dump. Though it is pretty good for that, since everybody wants it Cheesy

now TEK is usable with http://www.altaccept.com/  i sent out first email to a merchant this morning.  The merchant hs just started taking bitcoin, so maybe they will be open to taking alts.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:46:39 PM

I like the icon.

now TEK is usable with http://www.altaccept.com/  i sent out first email to a merchant this morning.  A one merchant that just started taking bitcoin, so maybe they will be open to taking alts.

It's a good start. I'm working on some stuff as well, not specific to TEk and not ready to be public, but it should kickstart a number of things in the not too distant future Cheesy
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 06:48:02 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 07:00:04 PM by David Latapie

For example if I had a block of 1,000 TEK that aged for 35 days, I would have a stake weight of 5,000.
Thanks. This means that with 13 TEK, I will probably not stake in 30 days, but most probably much, much more, right?

Shall I understand that rich account have more chances to get richer the more TEK you have, the better the chances of getting your stake?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 08:22:45 PM

For example if I had a block of 1,000 TEK that aged for 35 days, I would have a stake weight of 5,000.
Thanks. This means that with 13 TEK, I will probably not stake in 30 days, but most probably much, much more, right?

Shall I understand that rich account have more chances to get richer the more TEK you have, the better the chances of getting your stake?
So the cool thing is that although a block of 13 might take longer than 30 days to stake, it still is accumulating interest while it waits.  A block of 13 will get up to a stake weight of 1170 on day 90, blocks do not gather more weight beyond day 90.  So a block of 13 will stake eventually and you shouldn't worry too much because you are always getting interest.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 08:24:36 PM

Thank you, gentlemen. I'll try the above until it works or I give up and sync from the beginning Cheesy Never had a real problem with TEK before, other than I suck at linux. But this is the first time I've had a windows problem, and it can be solved by faking patience if nothing else.

Also, while I'm at it, should the conf file be named TEKcoin.conf, or just TEK.conf? I'm trying to set up for solomining. Just for shits and giggles. Not even sure my rig is fast enough, but it's worth a shot.

From what I see in the source code it should be tekcoin.conf

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 09:18:56 PM

So the cool thing is that although a block of 13 might take longer than 30 days to stake, it still is accumulating interest while it waits.  A block of 13 will get up to a stake weight of 1170 on day 90, blocks do not gather more weight beyond day 90.  So a block of 13 will stake eventually and you shouldn't worry too much because you are always getting interest.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

In the best case, you get interest every 30 days. In the worst case (really small block => small weight) you'll get them every 90 days. The only difference is that small blocks will benefit less from compound interest.

Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:30:34 PM

FYI this has the same bug as many PoS coins where the max weight should be 90 days, but is not.  The max weight is 60 days till this is fixed. Won't make much of a difference until there are many more coins out there. But does require a hard fork to fix.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 09:37:03 PM

FYI this has the same bug as many PoS coins where the max weight should be 90 days, but is not.  The max weight is 60 days till this is fixed. Won't make much of a difference until there are many more coins out there. But does require a hard fork to fix.
Interesting. Mintcoin is supposed to have 40 days, but maybe it doesn't. I'll check.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: