Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:18:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: felling depressed for holding bitcoin :/  (Read 1880 times)
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:19:16 PM

Do not withdraw. Now that you are suffering paper losses, it will be better for you to hold more until you get back your return on investment. Remember these are just paper losses. Meaning, you have not lost any yet UNLESS you decide to finally take your investment with you. Let us just put it this way. Now that you are having losses, just go on because you will never know when it will shoot up again. Do not panic and give up just like that along the way. Think of positive what could haves because it will influence your mindset. You have to be still in shaky waters for you to know your next move. You better be good at controlling your emotions; otherwise, your emotions will take control of you.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:25:09 PM

I had pretty much the same situation at my hand two months ago. Instead of 0.5, I had 8 Bitcoins, and the price was 14k$ back then.
I got greedy and thought maybe the price would go till 20k$ and kept holding on to my bitcoin, but then came a steep fall and bitcoin fell by 50%. It broke my heart and it took me a few days to come out of the shock. But then, I wanted to recover my somehow and decided to do something about it. So I sold my BTC at the current market price and started waiting for further falls. Luckily after that BTC witnessed 3 major falls and I was able to recover almost half of what I had lost.
So, even if you are losing, try buying BTC for lesser price every time there is a dip and then recover your losses by selling it higher. This way you will cover up your earlier lost amount.
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:31:52 PM

i have 0.5 btc on my hand
but the problem is btc is falling day by day
its hits me in my heart like a spike
cs i buy this btc on 12000$
 now im in loss of 5000$
it has fall onto 7000$
what shoud i do?
should i keep it???

Have more patience and just keep holding your bitcoin until the value recovers, selling now is not the right solution because you will only lose your money if you do it. I also buy bitcoin when the value is 13k$ per bitcoin a couple of months ago, it never came to my mind to sell it at 13k$ below.

cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:35:20 PM

Most people feel the same way as you do. They are nervous because this is a gamble. This is not an easy choice. We are haunted by the fear of loss. However if we do nothing at all; don't buy or sell. We don't really lose anything. At least use the basic principles in trading if we want to act. Buy low sell high. Never let ourselves lose money.

lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:21:18 PM

now im in loss of 5000$
it has fall onto 7000$
what shoud i do?
should i keep it???

You only lose money when you sell. You have to remember that, to prevent you from losing money in the future. If the price goes up to $20 000, later this year, then you might say that you made a profit of $8000. <Once again if you sold it>

Unfortunately we cannot tell you what to do with your investment. A lot of people was in the same position last year, because they bought coins when the price was high and then they held on to those coins and was rewarded with a 800% profit on their investment.

You have to decide, Sell now and lose money or hodl and possibly make a huge profit. 
Exactly it's a matter of time how everything will increase, now it's starting to be a good time to buy BTC Smiley. How has money to invest because it is worth ...
tot-o

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:29:00 PM

If you sell it now you'll lose more money, listen to advice of the many, hold it longer, since it won't be gone and nothing happen if you do hold, just patiently wait because that's other do too.
wireless1889

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:36:42 PM

Right now holding it is the best decision for you to get that profit. Well, it's long for you to get that profit but it's gonna be worth all the wait because I believe that Bitcoin will go higher than its peak value before. Also this fluctuations happens so much that it is just normal to every cryptocurrencies. Never gamble or never panic sell whenever there's a price drop because I can see only loss if you do that.
kumar jabodah

Activity: 532
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:45:12 PM

Anyone can feel depressed when their holds fall. But of course we must resist it and not be afraid. Certainly when we overcome this test we can easily surpass others who are coming
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:00:29 PM

This is really not an easy time for us holders and I understand people aren't feeling too good. Close your wallets and go do other activities that will take your mind off of bitcoin for the meantime.
You are right it is not good to keep o checking bitcoin price all the time and try to sell if you get depressed because people use bitcoin to get profit they are not here to take lose.  It is good to use some activities like you can join signature campaign to earn money and you can make your knowledge get wide there so the other benefit that you can get is you will stay in touch with your bitcoin you will be able to know about the price rise and fall.
mishanya3

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 07:08:15 PM

No one know how low or high bitcoin price will goes! But i think that bitcoin will worth eventually more and more! It cant drop down in my opinion!
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:09:51 PM

You may feel depressed, as long as you don't sell. Because the you will really get depressed. The price has dropped to $7700, but that's the bottom. Bitcoin will not drop lower than that. The price will stabilize between $ 7700 and $ 8500 for a while, because influential people are still spreading FUD. Twitter, Facebook and Google want to ban crypto related ads is also negative news that keeps investors away. But the price will rise again and at the end of the year bitcoin will reach 30K.

Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:42:10 PM

Well it your decision to make either to keep holding or sell off your bitcoin, but to be Frank with you it better to keep holding because you only lose when you sell and if you are patient enough to hold till the price rise above $20000 then you make profit when you sell. So is a risk and a decision you have to make.
dear53

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:56:00 PM

Yes it is very depressed for holding bitcoin now because bitcoin price going to down day by day.We knew vry well that it is going to high soon but it is not good for us.Many people are create bad news in bitcoin. Angry Angry Angry Angry
@ophiuchuss13

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:32:18 PM

it's silly to panic and fall into depression, then why do you even play these games, if everything is bad with your head) if there is an investment in bitcoin and now it falls, then just wait for time and the market stabilizes and the bitcoin price rises
CappuccinoCoin

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:34:20 PM

It depends on how you think about Bitcoin

Do you see Future for Bitcoin?
hydeevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:23:12 PM

now im in loss of 5000$
it has fall onto 7000$
what shoud i do?
should i keep it???
I'm really sad to hear what happened to you guys because I thought my experienced of losing an amount is bigger, but it's not. The reason why I got disappointed about bitcoin is that, I cannot cashed out my btc because I don't feel like cashing out it if the price of it is not yet recovering. The plunge happened in bitcoin made me realized that I should cashed out some of it in case of emergency.
genlocy

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:24:03 PM

You should rethink before selling your bitcoin. My suggestion to you is hold it till you make some profit. To minimize risk you can increase your portfolio by inveating in alt coins.
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:50:13 PM

Well then just sell it and take the loss, don't stress it out, it won't have good effect on you in the long term.
IsabellaSophia

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:12:41 PM

You have taken the risk when you first bought the coin. Obviously the risk is totally logical. Fact is, if you sell now, you are gonna lose a lot. Patience is everything in Crypto market. So, I think you should stay tight and hold it. Market will pay you big-time for your patience.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:20:30 PM

Well then just sell it and take the loss, don't stress it out, it won't have good effect on you in the long term.

Yes holding bitcoin for long period is very tough and very hard so we can sell it quickly but selling bitcoin in a short time it will not give you profits holding long term is very hard we need some other bussiness to earn monthly .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: