Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:18:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital money or virtual currency?  (Read 4112 times)
cudomixi

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:24:57 AM

Every currency or medium of exchange that exists on the internet is a digital currency. Thus, Virtual Currency and Cryptocurrency are both Currencies that is digital in nature. Virtual currency is a digital currency that is distributed and managed by a central authority that usually are the developers of the community or a game it's being used in. Its value exists only among the people in its community. Cryptocurrency is of cryptographic nature, which means that it uses algorithms to secure transactions and regulate the creation of new units of the currency. It's designed to work as a medium of exchange that exists on the internet and is used to buy actual products and services.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
richman3451

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 08:29:39 AM

for many, bitcoins are treated like a soap bubble or pyramid or something else that is not reliable, especially when such a drop of bitcoin is soon all becomes obvious and people will understand what is wrong
nellakarisma

Activity: 582
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:34:10 AM

if I usually use digital currency, either bitcoin or altcoin for my asset deposits, bro. as well as an effort to seek profits to meet daily needs. but if the virtual currency is to buy something in the real world ..
Madara_Uchiha

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:46:29 AM

Most media put bitcoin on the negative side, show examples of people who have lost their money. And they are afraid to contact the crypto-currency market.
horaceN

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:49:38 AM

Virtual currency is a simulated currency. Meaning it does not have the properties of money. An example is virtual currencies in games. The supply is controlled by the game company, they decide when to issue more. Digital currency has all the properties of money while existing on the internet.
Dimas99

Activity: 854
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:03:04 AM

Hello friends.
I have a problem to share.
My country is average. They are too familiar with outdated and old technologies.
In my country many people still understand Bitcoin as virtual currency. BTC does not bring anything to life. They just think Bitcoin investment is gambling, chance, black red.
Why?
Why do not they look at Bitcoin, ETH or blockchain technology for the present.
Blockchain minimizes transportation costs, intermediates and risks.
Personally, I always try to absorb and learn nonstop.
And you? How is your country?
many people or investors are misusing from the actual function of cryptocurrencies, maybe more negative than positive in people thinking with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies too
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:17:25 AM

All most all the developing countries are in the dark as far as cryptocurrency is concerned. When the world is moving they will remain backwards always afraid to embrace new technology. It will now take them ages to  catch-up with the rest of the world. The world is going digital and the developing world will like to remain with the analog technology. If only they will take their time to understudy blockchain and know that blockchain apart from being the ledger for digital  currency can be used to perfect a lot of public systems that are clumsy and not working well. Blockchain can be used for effective election, filing in public hospital and even assisting in enumeration for effective government planing.
LastHope99

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:19:41 AM

Hello friends.
My country is average. They are too familiar with outdated and old technologies.
In my country many people still understand Bitcoin as virtual currency. BTC does not bring anything to life. They just think Bitcoin investment is gambling, chance, black red.
Why?

If btc were not gambling, it woudln't have become so popular. I mean, if people had not been able to make money on it (and lose of course), it would have never become so popular as it's now. So every coin has two sides.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:11:23 PM

Crypto currency will enter our life for a very long time. Many more years will pass, and maybe decades, before people can fully appreciate the benefits that decentralized crypto-currency provides us with. States also do not hasten to legalize the decentralized Crypto currency, since its circulation for the states as a whole is not profitable. Therefore now there are very few countries where the Crypto currency is legalized. So far it has not been legalized in my country.
Md Saykat Nazir
Copper Member

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:42:42 PM

in my county. right now bitcoin now not criminal, how never in my county . the improvement of crypto foreign money pretty desirable, especially bitcoin and ethereum more and more customer, i am hoping in my united states bitcoin and crypto currency immediately legalized.
vainnew

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:02:18 AM

Bitcoin is both a digital and virtual currency, the reason is because bitcoin does not exist in the “real physical world”, yet it also facilitates the payment of goods and services in the real world. And because virtual currencies are not intended to be used in “real life transactions”. Bitcoin has transcended that border, and managed to gain a foothold in the real world as an alternative payment method. If someone wants to label Bitcoin in its truest form, they would have to call it a “digital cryptocurrency”. Because of Bitcoin’s hybrid nature between digital and virtual currency, a new type of currency term had to be created.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:27:43 AM

In my country, almost all know Bitcoin. Although some still look ugly with the presence of Bitcoin. This, of course, needs an understanding of them about Bitcoin.
Stay optimistic, one day the awareness of Bitcoin will expand.
Well good for you and by the way may i know what country are you living so that i could be able to identify on which part of the world that bitcoin has strong and establish among the countries around the world.

no need to identify it because bitcoin nowadays is already becoming popular and most of the countries are now legalizing it , maybe some few exeptions but soon these few countries will also accept bitcoin and other cryptos , they are just waiting some time .

Now for the op's question . i think digital money and virtual currency are the same . cryptos can be called both of them  but digital money is mainly used to described a crypto as it is makes more sense.
LieTOme

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:38:04 AM

Hello friends.
Why?
some people will definitely think the same as what you say, distrust and people always think negatively with bitcoin in my country bitcoin is not fully known by everyone and the government still prohibits direct transactions using crypto currencies
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:42:27 AM

Hello friends.
Why?
some people will definitely think the same as what you say, distrust and people always think negatively with bitcoin in my country bitcoin is not fully known by everyone and the government still prohibits direct transactions using crypto currencies
Because of their lack of knowledge about cryptocurrency, if they learn more about crypto they will certainly know bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, etc. that cryptocurrency is not just a virtual currency, crypto is also not a bad investment. Negative views come from bad news and their lack of knowledge about crypto..
nakarp

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:03:50 AM

wait for some more time increased
megalith07

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:45:57 AM

Hello friends.
Why?
This misguided judgment of the coin is on the grounds that they have misconstrued this new technology. It is likely that when they were acquainted with this plan of action they just discussed BTC and that was it. While acquainting this subject with a layman dependably begin with Blockchain disclose to her the utilities and zones she can cover and interface with at exactly that point in the wake of doing as such you go into the cash and qualities that the BTC can give.
Crungcrungtin

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:53:09 AM

if you compare the two, Digital and virtual. it is the same but in the two, there are advantage and disadvantage. like digital is easy to use like when you shopping. but not easily to use when you buy in the local market. thats why, this is the disadvantage. unlike virtual.
Cocosoxoto

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:16:13 AM

That is also the reason that bitcoin and other crypto currency are spreading like a wildfire because of these curious individuals. And now , virtual currencies such as crypots are now verry popular and seem to be growing more and more as the time passes by.
dimiinx

Activity: 355
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:48:00 PM

wait for some more time increased
as well as virtual money or digital money which is important to be positive or what kind of money if we use it well, no matter what, so I think choosing one can not be because both are important for the necessities of life
mhpg19960612

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:06:43 PM

Now, maybe your country does not consider Bitcoin, but just look at it for another 2 to 5 years, they will definitely care about Bitcoin. the important thing is, there is no prohibition on playing Bitcoin in your country, so that doesn't matter. continue to work and collect money as much as possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: