Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:23:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding crypto coins as of now still profitable?  (Read 2901 times)
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:42:13 PM

Ive been holding coins for months , and every month i flip it in the market. But now, its different, The price of the coin keeps going down. Is it still okay as of now to hodl crypto coins? or better to sold it already in the market.
Holding a long-term crypto currency will be profitable at all times. However, I mean really long perspective, not eight months throughout this year. This year has been very bad for those who hold the Crypto currency. However, the market will not always lie, it will in any case rise and grow. Therefore, all our prospective coins and tokens will also grow in value. It should, however, be borne in mind that all coins have a temporary limit of their growth. They are also born, develop, some of them also age and die. Therefore, we need to always be aware of all the changes in the projects of our crypto currency in order to make important financial decisions on time.

We should all hope for the best since false hopelessness is way worse than false hope. But this is not to say that we should stick only to hope, false or otherwise, if we can reach what we hope for using other means. In brief, you are saying that long term holding always pays back, and it really was so till very recent. But as you probably know, past performance is not an indicator of future results. No one knows for certain whether long term holding will come off any better than short term trading, especially for those who bought at the peak. It may be nice to hope, but the end may still be the same and it may be bitter at that. Long story short, it means if you can reach your investment goals employing other means which don't involve so much hope (likely unfounded), you'd better use them, not sit and wait till you get rewarded for your patience (or maybe not).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:43:26 PM

If at all is not profitable to hold, you still have to hold because the price fall has strictly affect everything attached to it. For instance someone that bought as at the price is around $10,000 will the person sold now that is $6400. Of course they can not sell. They still have to hold and wait till the price get to the purchase price or higher. That is when they can ascertain their profit margin
There are always two ways to it. It is either you are a trader and you can take advantage of the fluctuations in the market, or you are just simply an investor without any form of trading knowledge and you are stuck with is to just hold.

It is one thing for the market to be profitable in the short term or not, but I expect that only those who are into short term trading should be focused on the short term and those who simply cannot trade should just hold on and focus on the long term.

People have tried to trade, sell at loss, and even ended up regretting it because they had no idea when to even be buying back, or possibly get back if the market picks up after selling and that leads them to trading with no strategy, which is gambling as far as I am concerned. So in that case, it is better to hold than to gamble.
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:15:18 PM

The investment world is full of challenges, with the price decreasing now, of course if you sell it you will lose. If there is hope then you hold your coin and be patient to wait for the price to rise. In this case, of course everyone will have that thought to wait for all crypto prices to increase and if you are patient, there will be a way out.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
HaddenChapman

Activity: 175
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:10:54 PM

Ive been holding coins for months , and every month i flip it in the market. But now, its different, The price of the coin keeps going down. Is it still okay as of now to hodl crypto coins? or better to sold it already in the market.
Holding coins is a good idea right now. Coins like Paragon, Stellar and Ripple are amazing. They need to be held for some time so that you can easily rise very soon.  You can be profitable once you store them.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:07:18 PM

People have tried to trade, sell at loss, and even ended up regretting it because they had no idea when to even be buying back, or possibly get back if the market picks up after selling and that leads them to trading with no strategy, which is gambling as far as I am concerned. So in that case, it is better to hold than to gamble.

In my view, people that you describe here, who have no idea when to buy back, should stay away not only from trading (short term trading specifically) but also from investment activities associated with crypto as such. Let's admit it crypto is an extremely risky investment even without taking into account for how long you are going to invest in it. And long term holding is not much different from short term trading in this regard. If you invest in some shitcoin which is kinda given for the people you described, you will most certainly end up with nothing. So what difference does it actually make?

Apart from that, simple holding without a touch of trading may not be an optimal choice or strategy right now even for those who know what's what. But they probably already know that.
aicel

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:23:04 PM

For me holding coins for now is a good idea. It is one of the best strategy when market is falling down. In order for your coins to become profitable then just hold it.
nulan

Activity: 393
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:48:46 PM

For me holding coins for now is a good idea. It is one of the best strategy when market is falling down. In order for your coins to become profitable then just hold it.
fantastic I like your way of thinking, in the midst of current conditions it should be like that but all returned to each person. that way all will be the best way for now.
dreico

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:39:37 PM

Given the current prices is a reasonable solution, I think that selling coins will not bring normal benefits
doroshok2

Activity: 175

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:51:41 PM

I think that at the moment not to worry and to sell coins. Of course, depends on the coin you hold. You have to watch her play. And only when signs of death to sell. Meanwhile, the entire market has fallen in price, and this is no reason to sell coins.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Tigra3458

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:56:32 PM

and what you have coin if not secret. now the whole market is red, because this period. but later, everything will start to grow. of course there are coins that will never grow.
Marusia22

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:58:26 PM

Up to this point, I thought, hoped and believed that investing in bitcoins is a long-term investment but after I realized everything, I realized that I need to let the market calm down and then when bitcoin goes up the hill to start investing.
ameliana

Activity: 887
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:08:07 PM

I think that at the moment not to worry and to sell coins. Of course, depends on the coin you hold. You have to watch her play. And only when signs of death to sell. Meanwhile, the entire market has fallen in price, and this is no reason to sell coins.
we must always monitor our coins so we know what we have to do, the current decline is not the end of crypto so we have to wait to sell unless we find another investment that is better than our current assets. but I think it's better to wait because I'm sure the market will go up.
Toxic_1988

Activity: 113

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:16:13 PM

Holding without any sell? No. People should know when is the time to part with their bag instead of just keep holding them forever.
Ayasena

Activity: 128

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:40:47 PM

maybe for the time being it is not profitable for all crypto holders because the continuous downward movement of botcoin also happens in all coins and the only way is to hold all the coins and prices back to normal and profitable
Karasawa007

Activity: 130
Merit: 36

KUROINEKO.GD

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 03:49:33 PM

Choice is yours, and of course the risk is that you must bear it. if you sell now when the price drops then there is a possibility that there are 2 that can be disappointed or safe. if you buy an altcoin now there are 2 possibilities. if you want to profit you should personally analyze the coins that you will sell or buy so as not to be disappointed later

KUROINEKO.GD
Nivia1st

Activity: 821

Volare.network

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:57:48 PM

for me it's still profitable. and I still believe in crypto, they can give me a profit every month. maybe crypto has a risk but it's comparable to the profit that will be given. so depending on how you look at it maybe the market is falling but if you can analyze it you can still get a profit.

examples like ETH at this time this morning I saw the price of ETH for $ 160 and now they have returned to the price of $ 200. for those who give up maybe see eth is dead. but see only in 1 day the ETH is still giving profit when he is down.

Itcher

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:41:55 PM

The one who can wait will be able to earn on cryptocurrency. The biggest money is earned only in the long term. Have patience.
lordmick

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:51:48 PM

Right now it is better to sell everything, all altcoins and go out to fiat. Because holding right now is not profitable and you will get only loses day by day. Of course you can buy some perspective cryptocurrencies (for example  Holo, Ontology, Nano, Waltonchain), but even such strong and perspective cryptocurrencies fall now. IMHO whole market will go down until the end of May 2019. That's why it is better just to trade now in short term. You can earn through marginal trading even altcoins go down.
mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:28:13 PM

The one who can wait will be able to earn on cryptocurrency. The biggest money is earned only in the long term. Have patience.

Pessimism is that you look at the amount of money you lose every day when the market goes down, I suppose it is not wise at the present time.
Maamejane

Activity: 378

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:47:05 PM

Crypto is crypto and it will forever be so, its volatile nature makes it interesting. For the past months i could see people are really expressing their grievances but everyone out there knows that as at now Crypto investment is still profitable than fiat currency. The issue is Crypto is in it rough times and all what it holders must do is to  hold on, with patience we could bring back Crypto on board with all of us smiling again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: