Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:54:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer Scientists Prove God Exists  (Read 25211 times)
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:37:05 PM

Let's say that each human is like a computer and that God, the creator of all "software"  could "download" information or an "update" into each of us when we personally asked Him to.  Then we would be able to "know" more things then the person next to us that has not asked for that.

In a way it is like that with spiritual things.  1Corinthians 12:8 "To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit"

So perhaps our claims of "understanding things" is true?  

Of course there are people that are prideful and bragging that they know it all and this is not right as seen in this verse:
1 Corinthians 13:2  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

'll give you a 9 out of 10 for creativity.

Unfortunately, in the real world it's a bit too convenient for those who have had the software downloaded to them.  Or those who "claim" to have, I should say.  Pretty much anyone could make the claim couldn't they and there would be no way to prove them wrong?  

Yeah, not so much for creativity, she pretty much described The Matrix...

And why aren't people "downloading" the cure for cancer?

I thought the Matrix had some real truths to it!  So does Plato's Allegory of the Cave, which is a similar concept to the matrix.  

As for "downloading" a cure for cancer, I have prayed for someone with stage 4 Lung cancer and they were healed.  I prayed for another person with stage 3 pancreatic cancer and they say they cannot find cancer in his body now.  I believe that God can and still does miracles in our lives.  They seem to happen more when people pray.  Is that just a coincidence or do coincidences happen more often when God is involved?  

Why don't you pray for amputees?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:45:38 PM

Let's say that each human is like a computer and that God, the creator of all "software"  could "download" information or an "update" into each of us when we personally asked Him to.  Then we would be able to "know" more things then the person next to us that has not asked for that.

In a way it is like that with spiritual things.  1Corinthians 12:8 "To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit"

So perhaps our claims of "understanding things" is true?  

Of course there are people that are prideful and bragging that they know it all and this is not right as seen in this verse:
1 Corinthians 13:2  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

'll give you a 9 out of 10 for creativity.

Unfortunately, in the real world it's a bit too convenient for those who have had the software downloaded to them.  Or those who "claim" to have, I should say.  Pretty much anyone could make the claim couldn't they and there would be no way to prove them wrong?  

Yeah, not so much for creativity, she pretty much described The Matrix...

And why aren't people "downloading" the cure for cancer?

I thought the Matrix had some real truths to it!  So does Plato's Allegory of the Cave, which is a similar concept to the matrix.  

As for "downloading" a cure for cancer, I have prayed for someone with stage 4 Lung cancer and they were healed.  I prayed for another person with stage 3 pancreatic cancer and they say they cannot find cancer in his body now.  I believe that God can and still does miracles in our lives.  They seem to happen more when people pray.  Is that just a coincidence or do coincidences happen more often when God is involved?  

Why don't you pray for amputees?

It is not that God could not just grow a leg or arm from nowhere if He so chose to do that.  I guess it is more that He appears to work with the natural laws of our world as much as possible and regardless of how uncomfortable it is to live without an arm or legs or arms and legs like this amazing guy : http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/  living without limbs is not something that is deadly.  It seems God intervenes more when the person's life could be lost.  Perhaps He has more for them to accomplish on this earth? 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 11:48:17 PM

It is not that God could not just grow a leg or arm from nowhere if He so chose to do that.  I guess it is more that He appears to work with the natural laws of our world as much as possible and regardless of how uncomfortable it is to live without an arm or legs or arms and legs like this amazing guy : http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/  living without limbs is not something that is deadly.  It seems God intervenes more when the person's life could be lost.  Perhaps He has more for them to accomplish on this earth? 

lol   Roll Eyes   How can you intelligently argue with someone so ignorant about reality?    (hint: you can't)

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:57:49 PM

lol   Roll Eyes   How can you intelligently argue with someone so ignorant about reality?    (hint: you can't)

I am not asking anyone to argue with me.  Grin 

As for my "ignorance" I guess you could call me "simple."  My faith is very simple.  God is God, I am not.  He can do ALL things.  He will sometimes intervene when we pray if it is part of His plan.  My goal is to know Him and try to understand His plan.  I do this by praying, listening and then obeying. 

What if it is those that do not believe in God that are the "ignorant" ones?  What if they are living in a cave and seeing shadows but never really seeing reality?

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:58:03 PM

It is not that God could not just grow a leg or arm from nowhere if He so chose to do that.

Pretty much the definition of an asshole...

I guess it is more that He appears to work with the natural laws of our world

Yes, almost seems that it doesn't exists...

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:01:32 AM

He will sometimes intervene when we pray if it is part of His plan.

If it's all part of a plan there's no point in praying.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 12:01:40 AM

What if it is those that do not believe in God that are the "ignorant" ones?  What if they are living in a cave and seeing shadows but never really seeing reality?

Exactly.  Do you believe the Buddha?  Do you believe in the hundreds of other gods people believe in?  If you don't, are you "ignorant" and living in a cave?  You can't understand that your god is nothing special, he is just one of hundreds people pray to.

The instant you claim that thinking to yourself can cure cancer, you become a nut job along with the rest of the cults out there.  

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:12:52 AM

What if it is those that do not believe in God that are the "ignorant" ones?  What if they are living in a cave and seeing shadows but never really seeing reality?

Exactly.  Do you believe the Buddha?  Do you believe in the hundreds of other gods people believe in?  If you don't, are you "ignorant" and living in a cave?  You can't understand that your god is nothing special, he is just one of hundreds people pray to.

The instant you claim that thinking to yourself can cure cancer, you become a nut job along with the rest of the cults out there.  

What if there is one true God?  Jesus says He is the way, the truth and the life and that no one comes to the Father but through Him.  Other paths may seem good, and other paths have some truth to them or people would not follow them.  However, if a path, like Hinduism says all paths are valid, it would be logical to pursue Jesus because it says He is the way.

I am not "thinking to myself" at all when I pray.  I know that Christians say, "It is not a religion but a relationship" but for those of us that know Him this is true to us.

It is fine if you call me a nut job though.  It is an honor to be called that for my faith.  Jesus suffered much worse than that for me.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 12:16:33 AM

What if there is one true God?  Jesus says He is the way, the truth and the life and that no one comes to the Father but through Him.  Other paths may seem good, and other paths have some truth to them or people would not follow them.  However, if a path, like Hinduism says all paths are valid, it would be logical to pursue Jesus because it says He is the way.

What if the one true god is not the christian god?  Based on approx 200 gods, you only have a 0.5% chance that your god is the true one, and a 99.5% chance he is not.  A smart person would believe in more than one to cover the spread.

Yes you are a nut job - and the only place you will find acceptance is with other nut jobs.  I suggest all you nut jobs meet weekly (Sunday?) somewhere (church?) and reinforce your brainwashing (chants?) lest you wake up one day and realize what an idiot you are.   Undecided

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:20:29 AM

It is not that God could not just grow a leg or arm from nowhere if He so chose to do that.  I guess it is more that He appears to work with the natural laws of our world as much as possible and regardless of how uncomfortable it is to live without an arm or legs or arms and legs like this amazing guy : http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/  living without limbs is not something that is deadly.  It seems God intervenes more when the person's life could be lost.  Perhaps He has more for them to accomplish on this earth?  

lol   Roll Eyes   How can you intelligently argue with someone so ignorant about reality?    (hint: you can't)

But it's a curious glance into one of these kind of people mind's, I don't know anyone like this in person, if they pray and the person doesn't gets cured it«s god's plan, if the person gets cured they take credit, it's impossible to be wrong.

The "all his plan part" throws away freewill but they claim we have freewill and god gave us that but he has a plan...

It's all contradictory but somehow these people can rationalize all this bullshit...

BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:21:36 AM

I think God knows all things and He knows if we will pray or not, but He wants us to pray.  When it comes to healing it gets really complicated though, even as a Christian.  I do not understand why He heals sometimes and why He does not.  I do know that God is far more concerned with our eternal well being than our physical well being.  He cares about us and how we feel but it is more important that our hearts are in the right place as opposed to being healthy and happy.  

Here is an example:  As a mom it is really tough seeing a doctor give your little baby a vaccination. I remember my daughter actually looking up at me with a look that said, "Why are you letting them do this to me!?"  It is heart wrenching.  But as a mom I know that the shots will actually keep her from becoming sick later and encountering a disease that could harm her.  God will allow things in our life that He knows will shape us and bring us to Him even if that hurts us in the time being.  Sometimes a sickness, abuse or other hardship we endure will cause us to turn to Him.  In the end those things were used for "good" in our lives.  Kind of like a parent watching their child get a shot, perhaps He feels the same way.  He does not like seeing us suffer but allows suffering because He has a bigger plan and purpose.  But there are times He does intervene.  It is not my job to understand but to trust He has a bigger purpose for it all.

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:26:45 AM

I think God knows all things and He knows if we will pray or not, but He wants us to pray.  When it comes to healing it gets really complicated though, even as a Christian.  I do not understand why He heals sometimes and why He does not.  I do know that God is far more concerned with our eternal well being than our physical well being.  He cares about us and how we feel but it is more important that our hearts are in the right place as opposed to being healthy and happy.  

Here is an example:  As a mom it is really tough seeing a doctor give your little baby a vaccination. I remember my daughter actually looking up at me with a look that said, "Why are you letting them do this to me!?"  It is heart wrenching.  But as a mom I know that the shots will actually keep her from becoming sick later and encountering a disease that could harm her.  God will allow things in our life that He knows will shape us and bring us to Him even if that hurts us in the time being.  Sometimes a sickness, abuse or other hardship we endure will cause us to turn to Him.  In the end those things were used for "good" in our lives.  Kind of like a parent watching their child get a shot, perhaps He feels the same way.  He does not like seeing us suffer but allows suffering because He has a bigger plan and purpose.  But there are times He does intervene.  It is not my job to understand but to trust He has a bigger purpose for it all.

Have you ever been in a palliative care facility? Or a pediatric palliative care?

If you ever been in one of those places you know there are no gods intervening anywhere...

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 12:27:30 AM

But it's a curious glance into one of these kind of people mind's, I don't know anyone like this in person, if they pray and the person doesn't gets cured it«s god's plan, if the person gets cured they take credit, it's impossible to be wrong.

The "all his plan part" throws away freewill but they claim we have freewill and god gave us that but he has a plan...

It's all contradictory but somehow these people can rationalize all this bullshit...

The nut job claims that her god can do anything.  Therefore he can tell the future, even through free will.

Her god saw the evil that would come onto earth and saw that a great flood, killing everything, would be the best way to deal with it.

So if her god KNEW these people would sin and he would have to murder them all, WHY did he create the people in the first place?  Do his powers come from the suffering of others?  There would be lot of suffering caused by millions of people being drowned by a god.

Worst thing?  She is now brainwashing the next generation.   Undecided

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 01:13:09 AM

Humans are figuring out how to do this (rebuild limbs) but followers of god forbid it.
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/Regenerative_Medicine/Pages/Chapter11.aspx

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 01:22:41 AM

It is not that God could not just grow a leg or arm from nowhere if He so chose to do that.  I guess it is more that He appears to work with the natural laws of our world as much as possible and regardless of how uncomfortable it is to live without an arm or legs or arms and legs like this amazing guy : http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/  living without limbs is not something that is deadly.  It seems God intervenes more when the person's life could be lost.  Perhaps He has more for them to accomplish on this earth?  

lol   Roll Eyes   How can you intelligently argue with someone so ignorant about reality?    (hint: you can't)

Humans are figuring out how to do this (rebuild limbs) but followers of god forbid it.

They have been attacking science since ever, why stop now...

@BitChick

A few words about my previous post:

Have you ever been in a palliative care facility? Or a pediatric palliative care?

If you ever been in one of those places you know there are no gods intervening anywhere...

This may seem an appeal to emotion but it's actually the problem of evil or the problem of suffering, a very old argument against an all powerful, all loving god that theologians and apologetics could never address.

You can have a not so powerful and all loving god or an all powerful sadistic bastard, but you cannot have an all powerful all loving god.

BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 01:38:26 AM

They have been attacking science since ever, why stop now...

@BitChick

A few words about my previous post:

This may seem an appeal to emotion but it's actually the problem of evil or the problem of suffering, a very old argument against an all powerful, all loving god that theologians and apologetics could never address.

You can have a not so powerful and all loving god or an all powerful sadistic bastard, but you cannot have an all powerful all loving god.

God gave man free-will.  Sin enters the world because of humans choice.  Sin brings sickness, pain, suffering, evil and separation from God.  God, out of love for us, sends Jesus so He can walk with us, understand us and die for our sins.  Man still rejects Him, calls him horrible and unloving. In spite of this, God still cares about us and is willing that ALL come to repentance so He can save us.

Yes there are sick kids in the world.  There is unfair things that happen every day.  People do horrible things to each other. There will come a day when all things will be made right though and the sins of the world, and all the crap that Satan (who does not seem to be getting any credit for his part here) will pay for all the pain he has inflicted.  We have a choice though.  We can either be proud and reject God and say He is to blame, or we can come to Him and humbly ask for His help.  It is in the humble submission that He brings peace, joy, hope and wraps His arms around us and we are able to stand with the knowledge that all will be made right in the end.  I don't have to understand it all but I trust Him, like a child trusts a parent, that He will take care of me and to live is Christ but to die is gain.  I do not even have to fear sickness or death. So the sufferings on this earth seem fleeting and short lived.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 01:43:02 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2013, 02:02:29 AM by NewLiberty

I have no problem at all with god.  Its the humans that claim to know things about god that cause the problems.

9-11 is a decent example for USAians, but really there are too many to list.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 01:52:04 AM

God gave man free-will.  Sin enters the world because of humans choice.  Sin brings sickness, pain, suffering, evil and separation from God.  God, out of love for us, sends Jesus so He can walk with us, understand us and die for our sins.  Man still rejects Him, calls him horrible and unloving. In spite of this, God still cares about us and is willing that ALL come to repentance so He can save us.

I'm going to call BS based on your words bitchick, that he can do anything.  Your god does not love humanity.

A god that creates us and gives us feelings JUST TO kill us later as violently as possible, is not a god that loves us.  It is a god that gets off on our suffering.

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 02:11:40 AM

God gave man free-will.  Sin enters the world because of humans choice.  Sin brings sickness, pain, suffering, evil and separation from God.  God, out of love for us, sends Jesus so He can walk with us, understand us and die for our sins.  Man still rejects Him, calls him horrible and unloving. In spite of this, God still cares about us and is willing that ALL come to repentance so He can save us.

Yes there are sick kids in the world.  There is unfair things that happen every day.  People do horrible things to each other. There will come a day when all things will be made right though and the sins of the world, and all the crap that Satan (who does not seem to be getting any credit for his part here) will pay for all the pain he has inflicted.  We have a choice though.  We can either be proud and reject God and say He is to blame, or we can come to Him and humbly ask for His help.  It is in the humble submission that He brings peace, joy, hope and wraps His arms around us and we are able to stand with the knowledge that all will be made right in the end.  I don't have to understand it all but I trust Him, like a child trusts a parent, that He will take care of me and to live is Christ but to die is gain.  I do not even have to fear sickness or death. So the sufferings on this earth seem fleeting and short lived.

So many wrongs in your words.

But are willing to say that to child dying with cancer?

"You will die because you are sinner!!!"

Where's the freewill in having cancer?

Why don't your god just kills Satan? He seems to do a lot of killing in the bible, why not one more? Is Satan his protégé?

And making promises for the after life is the ultimate scam!

BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 02:39:32 AM

So many wrongs in your words.

But are willing to say that to child dying with cancer?

"You will die because you are sinner!!!"

Where's the freewill in having cancer?

Why don't your god just kills Satan? He seems to do a lot of killing in the bible, why not one more? Is Satan his protégé?

And making promises for the after life is the ultimate scam!

I would tell a child dying with cancer that there is hope beyond this life and suffering.  That Jesus is crying too and understands him/her and what she is going through and that the child never has to feel alone.

Why doesn't God kill Satan?  Satan will get His due reward in the end.  Satan is a fallen angel.  For whatever reason God allows for Him to torment us and everyone on earth.   Why God does not just put Him in his place right now is one of those questions I don't understand myself.  I know that there was a war in heaven before earth was created.  Some of the angels chose to follow Satan.  That is why there are "fallen angels" and that they are still trying to "get back" at God by afflicting pain and suffering on us and trying to get us to not choose God.  I have often thought that God was lonely.  He created someone like Satan that was a more intelligent creative being then the other angels but then pride made the best of him.  Then God chose to create man.  He gave us a free-will so we could choose him or not.  If God forced us to choose Him, how would he know if we really loved Him or not?  He wants us to love Him out of our own free choice and not be forced to do so.  I suppose you could say it was a great big experiment that we are a part of.  We can accept that God chose for things to be this way or we can be angry with Him, or even say He does not exist.  The choice is ours.

How do you know for sure that the after-life is a scam?  Are you willing to bet your life on that?  Let's say you are wrong then you will approach Heaven and God will say He never knew you.  On the other hand, If you choose to accept God and His gift of eternal life you will be relieved that you made that choice if heaven is real.  If it is not real, then the outcome is the same is it not?  Seems like the logical thing would be to believe and accept.  It is a less risky move.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: