Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:18:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer Scientists Prove God Exists  (Read 25212 times)
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:17:10 AM

Oh, now I'm the one who's attacking. Grin

It's really not confusing vod, duality is a very simple concept.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 04:35:30 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 04:47:48 AM by Rassah

I'm not even arguing against the concept of people dreaming all the time.  I'm just pointing out that Rassah debases first hand experience as evidence when he makes a statement that could only be proven by empirical data.

There is empirical data. We can tell exactly when someone is dreaming now, by watching how active their brains are, and  minoring the parts of their brains used for memory and cognition. We are even getting close to being able to see people's dreams (right now at best we can get a blurry picture once in a while). I haven't done those experiments of myself, so I don't have first hand experience.

In case you are wondering about reading images from brains, in the experiment a person would be hooked up to a brain scan (or maybe MRI, I don't remember), and then shown many different pictures or animals and things, like birds, elephants, furniture, etc. As they were shown this, the brain scanner would record which parts of their brain would get activated as they recognized and interpreted the image, and store it as a sort of Brain-to-Image dictionary. Every person's brain was different, so they had to do this for every person from scratch. Then, as the person dreamed, or thought of something, or were shown an image and asked to concentrate on it, the brain scanning machine would pick up on which brain parts were activating, and used a computer to put together a composite from the pictures to figure out what was being thought of. The resulting images were not clear or sharp, since they were composites of many  brain activity signals the scanner recognized, but you could still make out birds, planes, etc.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 04:38:43 AM

I am talking to your ego, I can't recall one positive thing you said in the last year you were here.

Hey Vod, say something positive about me  Grin
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:46:37 AM

I'm not even arguing against the concept of people dreaming all the time.  I'm just pointing out that Rassah debases first hand experience as evidence when he makes a statement that could only be proven by empirical data.

There is empirical data. We can tell exactly when someone is dreaming now, by watching how active their brains are, and  minoring the parts of their brains used for memory and cognition. We are even getting close to being able to see people's dreams (right now at best we can get a blurry picture once in a while). I haven't done those experiments of myself, so I don't have first hand experience.
Can I see one of these blurry pictures?

I would like someone to take a picture of my dream while I'm flying.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 04:53:01 AM

I am talking to your ego, I can't recall one positive thing you said in the last year you were here.

Hey Vod, say something positive about me  Grin

Rassah, I like your avatar - it portrays an element of peace and harmony.

But I've always been fond of pussy, much to dank's disappointment.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 04:58:09 AM

Can I see one of these blurry pictures?

I would like someone to take a picture of my dream while I'm flying.

You're in luck, not only did I find a video that has those pictures, but it's a very recent one, and has updated info, including about dreams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8iEogscUl8
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 04:59:44 AM

Rassah, I like your avatar - it portrays an element of peace and harmony.

But I've always been fond of pussy, much to dank's disappointment.

I like your avatar too! It's very thought provoking, and isn't that what all great art is at its core?
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 05:00:32 AM

Heck, we've got iPhone apps now that can tell when you're in REM sleep by how much you move around.  It's pretty easy to figure out when somebody is and isn't dreaming.

balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 05:03:45 AM

I'm not even going to waste my time clicking the link and reading the article.

yeah but you wasted your time posting here instead. It seems the title piqued your interest somehow.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 10:52:13 PM

Of course God exists, you don't need scientist to prove it or anyone else,
you just need to look around you and see that nothing happens without
reason and there are no coincidences.

Everything happens for a reason. That reason may just be something other than god. For instance, if you took a whole bunch of magnet bars with N and S at opposite ends, tossed them into the air, and let them fall freely over a large space, you'll see them orient themselves into large lines and curves, as the S's attract to the N's. Were the reason they oriented themselves in such a way god's doing? Or was it basic physics?
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:04:59 PM

Everything happens for a reason. That reason may just be something other than god. For instance, if you took a whole bunch of magnet bars with N and S at opposite ends, tossed them into the air, and let them fall freely over a large space, you'll see them orient themselves into large lines and curves, as the S's attract to the N's. Were the reason they oriented themselves in such a way god's doing? Or was it basic physics?

Laws governing physical reality are abstract. Another word for 'abstract' is 'mental' to the extent that you cannot assert something abstract to exist without acknowledging that it exists due to mind.

In fact, the abstract metrics that we use give definition to our conception of physical reality.  For example, if we use a metric that you can divide infinitesimally, then we might say that space is continuous.  But, if we suddenly use a metric that cannot be divided infinitesimally, then space becomes discontinuous.

Edit: by the way, you had problems when I said earlier that chance is simply a word for unknown causation.  Now, based upon what I'm quoting, you sound like you would agree with me.
cdtc

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:12:37 PM

[/quote]
You are missing my point. God is the creator of everything on earth, so he created
all the physical laws that we are  aware at the present time and that's your reason.

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
cdtc

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:15:48 PM

I have accidentally deleted my previous message:

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:21:30 PM

I have accidentally deleted my previous message:

Or everything is a "coincidence" (that's another word I never understood...its practical meaning just falls apart entirely).
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:52:50 PM

If you can agree nothing is random, surely you can see how the world is manifested as a result of intelligent beings.

BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:04:02 AM

But why would they orient themselves into lines and curves?  Who made the laws of physics?  Did the laws of physics just happen by random chance too?  What you call "basic physics" is not all that basic is it?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:04:42 AM

If you can agree nothing is random, surely you can see how the world is manifested as a result of intelligent beings.

Dank.  I wholeheartedly agree with you for once.  Grin

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:09:48 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 12:51:57 AM by yogi

If you can agree nothing is random supernatural, surely you can see how the world is manifested as a result of intelligent beings natural processes.

FTFY

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:31:24 AM

Ah, but I have already confirmed the existence of the supernatural.

And I know nothing is random.  I know my actions have consequences that ripple throughout the world.  If you look from the perspective of the water, not the ripple, you will see the impact you truly make.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 01:50:02 AM

If you can agree nothing is random supernatural, surely you can see how the world is manifested as a result of intelligent beings natural processes.

FTFY

And natural processes are the result of...?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: