Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:10:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 239 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ravencoin [RVN] PoW GPU Mining | Asset Transfer Blockchain (Updated ANN)  (Read 1170226 times)
abanamat

Activity: 274
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:21:58 PM

Great that we have more than one exchange. Crypto-Bridge stole 2 transactions so I moved to Graviex.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WickedPigeon

Activity: 345
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:44:13 PM

Vertopia just opened a new Stratum. It has been optimized to help find blocks.

Quick Miner Setup
For a full detailed guide see: How To Mine RavenCoin

Nvidia Cards
Nevermore Miner

ccminer -a x16r -o stratum+tcp://rvn.virtopia.ca:3333 -u walletaddress.workername -i 19 --donate 1 -N 300
-p (password) can be left out. Simply append your worker name to the end of the wallet address.

AMD Cards
Avermore Miner

sgminer.exe -k x16r -o stratum+tcp://rvn.virtopia.ca:3333 -u walletaddress.workername -i 19
-p (password) can be left out. Simply append your worker name to the end of the wallet address.

http://pool.virtopia.ca/connect.html

I'm hoping it's a hot pool.

Thanks bud, just switched over from their old pool URL.

Just curious, how are you getting updated info from them?  Their communication seems kinda sparse,  almost bailed on them yesterday after they switched pool stat sites and I didn’t get any payments for 24 hours...

Last night was pretty good and I'm getting more than the Raven calculator indicates, it was just a bit slow to start. It seems that Charlie (Virtopia) lost about 33% of his miners on the switch. This will make the pool more "lumpy" - Dry spells and overly lucky spells - until it builds back the hash power it had. But with the optimization and a little luck, I'm hoping that this pool will out perform in the short run. Only time will tell. But with small pools, stay patient and hold the course, you will be rewarded.  

Charlie is on Discord. He is very active in the different Raven threads. He has always been very forthcoming and seems to be a straight shooter - no BS and tells it as it is. He even did a short video on Youtube if you want to see who he is.

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”
utente01

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:12:56 PM

MONERO TARI/ assetts protocol

Ehmm  https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/8lgvw4/introducing_tari_a_decentralised_assets_protocol/

ravencoin is no longer the first and only blockchain to do this ...  Sad
Deadheded

Activity: 69
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:31:16 PM

Ehmm  https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/8lgvw4/introducing_tari_a_decentralised_assets_protocol/

Seems like they are still just an idea.  Have not even started any design.

On another note there are 3 other coins using x16r that I know of...

OPL
MDEX
XMN
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:45:58 PM

Is there any miner that tells temperature while mining ? As I am on HiveOS, most of the time temperature is not reported (on their website dashboard), so I will attach the monitor and see the temperature reported by miner.
WickedPigeon

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:20:44 PM

Quick Miner Setup

Nvidia Cards
Nevermore Miner

ccminer -a x16r -o stratum+tcp://rvn.virtopia.ca:3333 -u walletaddress.workername -i 19 --donate 1 -N 300

AMD Cards
Avermore Miner

sgminer.exe -k x16r -o stratum+tcp://rvn.virtopia.ca:3333 -u walletaddress.workername -i 19

utente01

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:39:35 PM

Seems like they are still just an idea.  Have not even started any design.

On another note there are 3 other coins using x16r that I know of...

OPL
MDEX
XMN

https://www.tari.com/
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:54:45 PM

After a Windows (automated) Update the problem is back... 1 (random) GPU drops hashrate after like 30 seconds the miner is running. sgminer and avermore both latestversion have the same problem.

Anyone an idea how solve this?

sgminer 5.5.5-gm-a - Started: [2018-05-19 17:11:06] - [0 days 01:49:49]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(5s):17.37M (avg):14.07Mh/s | A:5546  R:33  HW:0  WU:25.154/m
ST: 2  SS: 0  NB: 119  LW: 8218  GF: 0  RF: 0
Connected to stratum.minepool.com (stratum) diff 12 as user R.........................
Block: 10c80012...  Diff:20.6K  Started: [19:00:43]  Best share: 33K
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[P]ool management [G]PU management [S ]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
GPU 0:  73.0C 1420RPM | 116.2K/1.435Mh/s | R:  0.4% HW:0 WU:2.577/m I:19
GPU 1:  74.0C 2024RPM | 7.547M/6.310Mh/s | R:  0.3% HW:0 WU:10.920/m I:19
GPU 2:  73.0C  421RPM | 7.855M/6.322Mh/s | R:  0.9% HW:0 WU:11.666/m I:19

3x MSI AMD RX580 Armor 8GB OC

GPU 0 is not performing. I don't understand, all 3 GPU connected to same PSU Coolermaster 850w Gold, total system only draws 462W from wall. Windows 10 64bit, latest AMD drivers Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1

after a restart the first 30 seconds all GPUs perform the same then GPU 0 slowly drops hashpower

Update: tried Avermore 1.4.0 miner, same problem

Update2: after complete restart of system, it gets even more weird:

GPU 0:  72.0C 1129RPM | 5.625M/5.666Mh/s | R:  0.0% HW:0 WU:8.768/m I:19
GPU 1:  74.0C 1511RPM | 5.636M/5.673Mh/s | R:  3.4% HW:0 WU:9.964/m I:19
GPU 2:  54.0C    0RPM | 2.711M/1.149Mh/s | R:  0.0% HW:0 WU:3.587/m I:19

GPU 2 is now dropping hashpower  Huh GPU 0 (and GPU 1) doing fine

Could it be something with Motherboard BIOS ? I used 3 1080TI GPUs in the past on the mobo wothout problems, maybe these "new" card give some trouble in combination with mobo? Asrock 970 extreme 4

got same problem and it should be related to OC, so lower your OC and find the right settings for mining.

I solved it, one pci-e was at x4 while the other two were at x8, switched from x4 pci-e to another x8 pci-e and everything is running fine now

Thanks for sharing. I'm not sure how this explains the fact that first GPU 0 had lower hashpower and later GPU 2 was dropping hashpower?

It is weird indeed, my guess is that is a combination Asrock 970 Extreme4 with the (MSI) AMD RX580 GPU when all used pci-e port are not same speed/multiplier the system or OS or miner does not provide enough power or memory to all ports and then one is left behind. The Asock is rather old mobo last bios update is from 2016.
EMRO CEO

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:17:31 PM

Will keep an eye on this one, not sure what to think of it yet
starmax

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:25:46 PM

Quick Miner Setup

Nvidia Cards
Nevermore Miner

AMD Cards
Avermore Miner

Just played around with a Rx570 I have yet to install in my of my other rigs, found that for the current version of Avermore, intensity is now -X <some number, increments of 64>.  I tried, 256, 380 and 448 on my Rx570 with stock bios, stock settings.  Pretty good results with all of them.  448 seemed the best averaging just over 6Mh/s.
kaigeta

Activity: 146
Merit: 27

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:34:13 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2018, 07:28:04 PM by kaigeta

Couldn't care less about your opinion. Want to mess with my trust rating again because I didn't present it in a way you liked?

I took it upon myself to remove your negative trust after watching your video. It became clear there are mental health issues involved and I didn’t want to contribute to your misery. I hope you find what it is you’re looking for.

The level of civility here is quickly dropping.  Snide remarks and insults by the "mods" will only hurt the community and the coin future.  Unless of course you are a trained mental health professional and your "mental health issues involved" diagnosis comes from your years in the mental health industry.  Otherwise it is an ego driven insult delivered by a child like mentality.

All of these "mental health" comments are by people who fail to have the capacity to think for themselves, quite simply. I have zero mental health issues, just as OGNasty has zero qualification. These people are upset that they weren't in the know about my actions on the project, and you're right, their ego's clearly rule them. It's obvious to anyone who either was in my mod chats at the time (and not under employ), or people with above average reasoning skills. They toted the information they were fed by their friends and were wrong to do so, now the "oh he must be crazy" is all they have left. Either way, they wanted me to provide them some definitive expose, and that simply wasn't going to happen for reasons I feel fit to keep to myself and those close to me. As you can see, the more vocal RVN community, and its shills, are quite happy & comfortable believing, and perpetuating, lies. Most of these comments are more about saving face for them and their ilk at this point, i've always had the patience to let it all play out and be confirmed in the long run. I will say, this project has brought me no misery, it's been a fun learning experience on the nature of corporate crypto and crypto trolls, wouldn't change it for the world. Coming from a background of legitimate community coin work, it's been a blast to see the differences between community driven projects and Ravencoin. Maybe that's what makes me crazy Smiley hahaha.

On a more fun note.

HAPPY BITCOIN PIZZA DAY EVERYONE! My 5000k Ravencoin pizza purchase is worth about $200 today! It's only been about 4 months since that purchase! Huzzah!

https://twitter.com/NickSteeleTweet/status/953327390989660162

Thanks for the rundown of your RVN holdings - unfortunately old ann is no more, so hard to justify a "you're new and know nothing" argument when there is no thread with this info.. (thanks to you, btw!), oh, and I'm not new, been mining RVN since 15th jan ;-)

also you're aware your "$200 pizza" is worth $200 not due to your actions, but actually because those "names" you're so insisting on bashing  Wink

you want RVN to be a community coin, yet you're acting like you're entitled to be someone special here - kinda contradictory  Wink

Dear RVN shill account started in April. Whose flirst post is about Bruce Fenton:

Just explaining my side of the story to people who still don't get it, you're welcome by the way. I worked with these people for months, and met the founders and Devs in person, what about you? Buying names is something I've warned people against from the beginning, so I still think it's terrible those dudes slap their name on a BTC clone and call it contributing to the project. Devs contribute "founders" do nothing, and in a community coin, they are EXTRA useless. Actually the pizza was worth more back in my OTC chat, and I don't care what RVN is worth. RubberChicken mostly pumped that chat, so thanks to him. You really don't know what you're talking about. Me noting the price of the pizza was just a fun commentary, everyone knows I don't care about the price of RVN, I gave away 100k remember?

None of my holdings were on the old ANN, It was posted in my old Discord. So yeah, you're new. Probably shouldn't act like you have any idea what you're talking about. I've read your posts, all price talk and no tech, no wonder you support the hype men so much, people like you are the first to disappear from a project when the price goes up.

I don't care about being special to this community and I just act out of interest of defending myself against false claims like yours. I've made life-long friends in Ravencoin all over the world, and it'll take more than trolls to change my position within that community. I've only ever been replying to people who don't get it, yourself included. I think the fact you said "I want it to be a community coin" as opposed to "it is a community coin" is pretty telling of what side of this debate you come from. I want Ravencoin to remain true to its roots and it's initial pitch. Cypherpunks manifesto, community coin, decentralized, ASIC resistant. You're another confused newbie who thinks they'll get the last word on something they don't know about. Just give it up, and we'll all go back to normal over here.

It's probably from prescribed medication lol,  Don't you see he's the legendary keyboard warrior...

Dear RVN shill account with 4 posts:

Let's voice chat sometime about my lack of medication and actions on the project. Unless you're scared. I've got all the time in the world to clear this whole thing up for everyone, and the project hasn't even got started. Or you lot can give up, and let it go. Your choice.
seriousirony

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:47:59 PM

Couldn't care less about your opinion. Want to mess with my trust rating again because I didn't present it in a way you liked?

I took it upon myself to remove your negative trust after watching your video. It became clear there are mental health issues involved and I didn’t want to contribute to your misery. I hope you find what it is you’re looking for.

The level of civility here is quickly dropping.  Snide remarks and insults by the "mods" will only hurt the community and the coin future.  Unless of course you are a trained mental health professional and your "mental health issues involved" diagnosis comes from your years in the mental health industry.  Otherwise it is an ego driven insult delivered by a child like mentality.

All of these "mental health" comments are by people who fail to have the capacity to think for themselves, quite simply. I have zero mental health issues, just as OGNasty has zero qualification. These people are upset that they weren't in the know about my actions on the project, and you're right, their ego's clearly rule them. It's obvious to anyone who either was in my mod chats at the time (and not under employ), or people with above average reasoning skills. They toted the information they were fed by their friends and were wrong to do so, now the "oh he must be crazy" is all they have left. Either way, they wanted me to provide them some definitive expose, and that simply wasn't going to happen for reasons I feel fit to keep to myself and those close to me. As you can see, the more vocal RVN community, and its shills, are quite happy & comfortable believing, and perpetuating, lies. Most of these comments are more about saving face for them and their ilk at this point, i've always had the patience to let it all play out and be confirmed in the long run. I will say, this project has brought me no misery, it's been a fun learning experience on the nature of corporate crypto and crypto trolls, wouldn't change it for the world. Coming from a background of legitimate community coin work, it's been a blast to see the differences between community driven projects and Ravencoin. Maybe that's what makes me crazy Smiley hahaha.

On a more fun note.

HAPPY BITCOIN PIZZA DAY EVERYONE! My 5000k Ravencoin pizza purchase is worth about $200 today! It's only been about 4 months since that purchase! Huzzah!

Thanks for the rundown of your RVN holdings - unfortunately old ann is no more, so hard to justify a "you're new and know nothing" argument when there is no thread with this info.. (thanks to you, btw!), oh, and I'm not new, been mining RVN since 15th jan ;-)

also you're aware your "$200 pizza" is worth $200 not due to your actions, but actually because those "names" you're so insisting on bashing  Wink

you want RVN to be a community coin, yet you're acting like you're entitled to be someone special here - kinda contradictory  Wink

Just explaining my side of the story to people who still don't get it, you're welcome by the way. I worked with these people for kontys, and met the founders and Devs in person, what about you? Buying names is something I've warned people against from the beginning, so I still think it's terrible those dudes slap their name on a BTC clone and call it contributing to the project. Devs contribute "founders" do nothing, and in a community coin, they are EXTRA useless. Actually the pizza was worth more back in my OTC chat, and I don't care what RVN is worth. RubberChicken mostly pumped that chat, so thanks to him. You really don't know what you're talking about. Me noting the price of the pizza was just a fun commentary, everyone knows I don't care about the price of RVN, I gave away 100k remember?

None of my holdings were on the old ANN, It was posted in my old Discord. So yeah, you're new. Probably shouldn't act like you have any idea what you're talking about. I've read your posts, all price talk and no tech, no wonder you support the hype men so much, people like you are the first to disappear from a project when the price goes up.

I don't care about being special to this community and I just act out of interest of defending myself against false claims like yours. I've made life-long friends in Ravencoin all over the world, and it'll take more than trolls to change my position within that community. I've only ever been replying to people who don't get it, yourself included. I think the fact you said "I want it to be a community coin" as opposed to "it is a community coin" is pretty telling of what side of this debate you come from. I want Ravencoin to remain true to its roots and it's initial pitch. Cypherpunks manifesto, community coin, decentralized, ASIC resistant. You're another confused newbie who thinks they'll get the last word on something they don't know about. Just give it up, and we'll all go back to normal over here.

Funny, 'cause it's you who disappeared when the RVN price was down and surfaced again now, when the price is up Wink
seriousirony

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:51:15 PM

will Fluffy Pony tokenize his $800 k watch first?  Grin

It only proves RVN devs were right to move into this direction, let's see who gets this right!
kaigeta

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:52:13 PM

On a more fun note.

Just explaining my side of the story to people who still don't get it, you're welcome by the way. I worked with these people for kontys, and met the founders and Devs in person, what about you? Buying names is something I've warned people against from the beginning, so I still think it's terrible those dudes slap their name on a BTC clone and call it contributing to the project. Devs contribute "founders" do nothing, and in a community coin, they are EXTRA useless. Actually the pizza was worth more back in my OTC chat, and I don't care what RVN is worth. RubberChicken mostly pumped that chat, so thanks to him. You really don't know what you're talking about. Me noting the price of the pizza was just a fun commentary, everyone knows I don't care about the price of RVN, I gave away 100k remember?

Funny, 'cause it's you who disappeared when the RVN price was down and surfaced again now, when the price is up Wink

Ive actually been here the whole time. More price talk huh? Give it up man. Accusing me of caring about the price is the furthest thing from accurate. The price shouldn't even matter until the coin does something. And if you care about it now, you're clearly not here for the Long haul Wink

Wasn't it at like 0.038 yesterday and over 6 cents a month ago when I was "absent?". Didn't it touch 900 SATs in my chat? Oh that's right. You're new. Lol
WickedPigeon

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:11:06 PM

Quick Miner Setup

Nvidia Cards
Nevermore Miner

AMD Cards
Avermore Miner

Just played around with a Rx570 I have yet to install in my of my other rigs, found that for the current version of Avermore, intensity is now -X <some number, increments of 64>.  I tried, 256, 380 and 448 on my Rx570 with stock bios, stock settings.  Pretty good results with all of them.  448 seemed the best averaging just over 6Mh/s.

Hey glad to hear it. And Virtopia just had a great day with more blocks mined. Given the pool's total hash rate, each block is worth a lot to me. I so happy (currently I'm the third largest miner on the pool)!

BiteByte

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

+Merit NOW or I kung fu you

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 09:20:45 PM

After a Windows (automated) Update the problem is back... 1 (random) GPU drops hashrate after like 30 seconds the miner is running. sgminer and avermore both latestversion have the same problem.

Anyone an idea how solve this?

I had one GPU do the same thing. It was the temperature of that GPU. Limiting the power in Afterburner also lowered the temperature limit.
So I increased the temp limit (and power since they were related) 5 degrees above where it was hitting.

Ravencoin (RVN) Decentralised: RHE9Pys8aQ47G28PYhC2umaT7ouNvtpXkU
Hanacoin (HANA) Centralised: HJzbjF8YUcETVB6K23o84aRY7wBirzJNrr
Both can work
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:22:56 PM

Guys, do you know of ravencoin miner that tells temperature too ?
kaigeta

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:33:55 PM

Quick Miner Setup

Nvidia Cards
Nevermore Miner

AMD Cards
Avermore Miner

Hey glad to hear it. And Virtopia just had a great day with more blocks mined. Given the pool's total hash rate, each block is worth a lot to me. I so happy (currently I'm the third largest miner on the pool)!

Awesome to hear Virtopia opened a pool up. Charlie's a great dude and has been on the project since the early days. Will have to throw them some hash.
Nego99

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:24:05 PM

enemy 1.10
kaigeta

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:37:21 PM

Avermore does too, if your an AMD guy.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 239 »
  Print  

Jump to: